PDA

View Full Version : Chuunins?!

the_real_apa
Sat, 05-15-2004, 04:56 PM
The Chuunin Exam were interuppted but did no one become chuunin?
Do they have to do it all over again?

chambers
Sat, 05-15-2004, 04:58 PM
its wasnt explaind, a lot of people (at the exam) seemed to be of the opinion that shikamaru was the best candidate. but to be honest i dont think they will return to that now.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 05-15-2004, 05:30 PM
So far, the series hasn't left us hanging with anything that was that important. The chuunin exam was an arc that lasted over 40 episodes if I'm not mistaken. So I'm sure at some point we will be told explicitly the results of the chuunin exam, even if it's that the results have been nulled.

Gods_Son
Sat, 05-15-2004, 05:39 PM
You'll just have to wait and see on this one...

v you can PM to ask me for a definite answer v

chambers
Sat, 05-15-2004, 05:40 PM
can you tell me if thats a fact from the manga? or of your just guessing?

Rek
Sat, 05-15-2004, 05:46 PM
even if it is, it doesn't matter. They could say no one passed because they didn't see them fight enough. I'd guess a hokage is more important than new chuunins, and after the hokage is instated, the 1st order of business is Itachi. Chuunins will be announced prolly ep. 90-100.

But even Sakura may become a chuunin. She did go on an A rated mission. Whats gonna happen is the new womankage is gonna be all womans rights and shit, and say: "yo! you resisted the sleep jutsu when a stadium of ninjas couldn't. you tied in your qualifications, you wanna sleep with sasuke-kun. Go Chuunin!

chambers
Sat, 05-15-2004, 05:48 PM
thats actually an amazingly good point (the stadium of ninjas).

Aeon
Sat, 05-15-2004, 06:46 PM
If they decide to pick the 2 Chuunin's, then I think the only person that made the cut was Shikamaru. But wouldn't it be weird if they made him a Chuunin since it seem's that Chuunin's are no longer apart of a team so the Ino-Shika-Cho formation would be overi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

SofaKing
Sat, 05-15-2004, 07:15 PM
I think Naruto most deserves to be a chunnin. He saved the friggin' town from Garaa, after all.

Legendary Nin
Sat, 05-15-2004, 07:43 PM
You need a Hokage first to announce the chuunins.That's like starting the chuunin exam without the Hokage,just doesn't really work out.

CyberPunk
Sat, 05-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by: SofaKing
I think Naruto most deserves to be a chunnin. He saved the friggin' town from Garaa, after all.

alot of things need to be factored in for a ninja to advance. naruto has the raw power of a jounin, but he lacks in everything else.

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by: CyberPunk

Originally posted by: SofaKing

alot of things need to be factored in for a ninja to advance. naruto has the raw power of a jounin, but he lacks in everything else.

"Yeah, we are very thankful that you saved us all from definite destruction, provided food for all the poor + donated money to the fund for blind cows but unfortunately we can't promote you because you had one point too low on the theory test last year. Better luck next time!"

Okay, so it's an exaggeration, but still :D

njdevs95
Sat, 05-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
even if it is, it doesn't matter. They could say no one passed because they didn't see them fight enough. I'd guess a hokage is more important than new chuunins, and after the hokage is instated, the 1st order of business is Itachi. Chuunins will be announced prolly ep. 90-100.

But even Sakura may become a chuunin. She did go on an A rated mission. Whats gonna happen is the new womankage is gonna be all womans rights and shit, and say: "yo! you resisted the sleep jutsu when a stadium of ninjas couldn't. you tied in your qualifications, you wanna sleep with sasuke-kun. Go Chuunin!

Sakura can't be a chuunin because she failed the preliminary test (her fight with ino) and is therefore not eligable for consideration.....also she sucks.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 05-15-2004, 10:42 PM
It's just a guess. I don't read the manga, and if I did, I would be enough of a jerk to fuck it up for everyone who doesn't want to know. And...uh oh...another argument on who deserves to be chuunin (off topic as it may be)? Naruto should. Most definately.

Zhan
Sat, 05-15-2004, 10:53 PM
gaara becomes chuunin becos hes badass

logic
Sat, 05-15-2004, 11:53 PM
it's as it was, the main battles had 1 winner, but anyone and everyone is considered for becoming a chuunin.

For instance, just because shikamarou is the most qualified to become a chuunin, based on the criteria set forth from the judges, does not mean that EVERYONE else cannot be one.

For instance, shikamarou is the best canidate to become a chuunin, shino is not as good, he lacks a tiny, itty bit, but he is still a good canidate to become a chuunin.

Naruto is farther then either of these 2, and needs to mature a little more on his complete understanding of his win/lose scenario, but he has still evidenced both power, strategy, and comprehension of his scenario. He cannot be penalized simply because he APPEARS reckless, when he is really several steps ahead. He is also a canidate.

Sakura, despite what everyone may continuously think, cannot be a canidate because she did not 'win' the preliminaries. However, if we continue to hold true to the 'everyone is considered' theory, she would be considered. I do not recall if it extended all the way back into the preliminaries, though. Even if she is 'eligible', i do not believe she has matured enough in her leadership capabilities, she does not inspire those around her enough, not near the extent that naruto can, much less strategizing.. and we cannot forget, raw power.

But, needless to say, I concur that we must first wait for the 5th hokage, be it tsunde or someone else altogether, I do not think the chuunin selection is of priority right now. After the hokage is selected, or even before, you still have a upset orichimaru, and a nosy itachi.

bitwar
Sun, 05-16-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by: Legendary Nin
You need a Hokage first to announce the chuunins.That's like starting the chuunin exam without the Hokage,just doesn't really work out.

Good point, though I don't think that an official announcement would really matter much considering the state they're in. I'd think they could use a few more Chuunins. Assuming anyone made the grade. But holding to a tradition might overrule practicality.

If you include all the buildup and the one month of training before the finals, the exam story-arc took about 50 episodes if you stop counting when the attack on Konoha begins. For them to passover the results of taht without giving any word on it is kinda cheap and unlike this series. So hopefully something will be said soon, even if it's to the effect of "We need a Hokage to make an official ruling first" or "They're still deliberating" or something.

SofaKing
Sun, 05-16-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by: CyberPunk

That's not true at all. Naruto's strategies are as good as Shikamaru's, and he works well under pressure.

Really, what is Naruto actually behind in?

Assertn
Sun, 05-16-2004, 12:47 AM
im sure nobody saw shino fight kankuro or naruto fight gaara though

Outtawack311
Sun, 05-16-2004, 12:48 AM
He is wreckless and immature.

gokudagreat
Sun, 05-16-2004, 12:52 AM
Naruto might be lacking in strategy or maturity, but he definitely is not lacking in leadership and i think thats a big part of becoming a chuunin, i mean if naruto has leadership and power i think it would be best if he was a chuunin from here on out and learned to be more mature as a chuunin, he wouldnt develop staying as a genin

anyways, i know chuunins have to be all serious and mature, but its not like they are on missions that are dangerous all the freakin time, look at Iruka, hes a school teacher most of the time

Assertn
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:11 AM
maybe so, but it would be kinda lame if after all that he still has to go through the chuunin exam again

DarkBahamut
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:11 AM
well in anycase they gonna have to wait for Jiraiya and Naruto to find tsunade before they can announce anything.

Xollence
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:21 AM
I think they'll tell the results once they get a hokage or when they form the group of the strongest villagers.

PSJ
Sun, 05-16-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by: chambers
can you tell me if thats a fact from the manga? or of your just guessing?

that is a manga fact. just pm if you wanna know.

Rek
Sun, 05-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by: njdevs95

Originally posted by: Konoha Rek

Sakura can't be a chuunin because she failed the preliminary test (her fight with ino) and is therefore not eligable for consideration.....also she sucks.

actually, she tied:

you tied in your qualifications

(its sad when you hafta quote your own posts... and remember how naruto became a genin? He royally fuxored the test, but in practicallity he was stronger than genin, by beating a chuunin.

However, if we continue to hold true to the 'everyone is considered' theory, she would be considered. I do not recall if it extended all the way back into the preliminaries, though

It doesn't. The reason they have the actual tournament is because they hafta have alot of judges to watch them, and diplomats from other countries. So by all rules sakura isn't considered. At all. But she will prolly be chuunin-ififed.

BTW- Does anyone remember the judge saying "Sasuke, your as strong as a chuunin, kill gaaara"

jing
Sun, 05-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by: gokudagreat
Naruto might be lacking in strategy or maturity, but he definitely is not lacking in leadership and i think thats a big part of becoming a chuunin, i mean if naruto has leadership and power i think it would be best if he was a chuunin from here on out and learned to be more mature as a chuunin, he wouldnt develop staying as a genin

anyways, i know chuunins have to be all serious and mature, but its not like they are on missions that are dangerous all the freakin time, look at Iruka, hes a school teacher most of the time

NARUTO LEADERSHIP? thats crazy.
knowing him when they start a mission he'd probably say "LETS GO!!" and then jump into OBVIOUS enemy traps. OR HIT A TREE. shikamaru is way better in my opinion.

njdevs95
Sun, 05-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Doesn't matter if they tied she still failed because they had to win in the preliminaries and tying is not a win.

Mae
Sun, 05-16-2004, 09:05 AM
I think that under normal circumstances the only way to become a chunin would be to go through the chunin exam. However, the exam was a total mess and now the Leaf village is in crisis. I think they will do a batch of field promotions, like in the military. The new Hokage or the group that is temporarily running things will just say, "OK, right now what we need is more high-level ninjas. You, you, and you: you are all now officially chunins." In that case Sakura would be a good choice.

I do agree that she failed her test though. In that case a tie in a fight meant a failure. If a tie was a pass she would have been allowed to go on.

jing
Sun, 05-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by: Mae
I think that under normal circumstances the only way to become a chunin would be to go through the chunin exam. However, the exam was a total mess and now the Leaf village is in crisis. I think they will do a batch of field promotions, like in the military. The new Hokage or the group that is temporarily running things will just say, "OK, right now what we need is more high-level ninjas. You, you, and you: you are all now officially chunins." In that case Sakura would be a good choice.

I do agree that she failed her test though. In that case a tie in a fight meant a failure. If a tie was a pass she would have been allowed to go on.

in that case, yeah i agree that the new hokage would do that. but i doubt he/she will choose sakura. although she has been in A ranked missions, but she didn't do much in them...

SK
Sun, 05-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Naruto may seem like in idiot, but when it comes down to it he acts well under pressure and is an awesome strategist, i think maybe he can mature a little bit, but after his trip with Jiraiya i think he will be ready to become a chunnin.

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Naruto is an idiot, and he's still too immature to be a leader or a Chunnin. He's getting way too much credit for his strategies. Shikamaru is the strategist, Naruto is clever in some ways, but is also not stealthy at all, and does dumb things during fights as well.

v it was more brute force and confidence than some kind of brilliant strategy v

chambers
Sun, 05-16-2004, 11:27 AM
i dunno, his fight with neji, could almost convince you otherwise!

?igma
Sun, 05-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
Naruto is an idiot, and he's still too immature to be a leader or a Chunnin. He's getting way too much credit for his strategies. Shikamaru is the strategist, Naruto is clever in some ways, but is also not stealthy at all, and does dumb things during fights as well.

I suppose you should be wrong here, although you are not. Since the tourney was a one-time chance (atleast in the series i figure) they will not repeat this and Naruto will make a Chuunin ..or he gets horribly massacred by Itachi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Although at all other times immature and reckless .. he is always making the right decisions at the right time. There is no way he cannot make it to chuunin.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-16-2004, 11:41 AM

He was stealthy enough to catch a huyga off guard. Naruto is stealthy. Remember the all seeing byakugan they have?

jing
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles

He was stealthy enough to catch a huyga off guard. Naruto is stealthy. Remember the all seeing byakugan they have?

So? We're talking about leadership. Being a chunnin is all about being a good leader. Naruto is stealthy? remember the Haku fight on the bridge, he appeared with a flashy entrance. Besides, leadership has nothing to do with how much power you have. Just like the chunnin said, so what if you complete the mission, but your whole team is wiped out. something like that...

Mut
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by: gokudagreat

he lacks leadership, it's obvious. but he doesn't lack MOTIVATION. he motivates others to do well and other shit. he has to be able to strategize like shikamaru can in order to become a leader. motivation alone is not enough. and please do not use the fact that he beat neji with a certain 'strategy' to support your counter argument. neji's ego clouds his mind more than anything (the only true reason why neji lost besides naruto having kyubi) and you have to take consideration of the possibility of smarter ninjas than neji being around.

logic
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Here we go again.. thinking someone cannot be a certain rank because this other person is that rank and he is absolute god.

Look at the criteria needed, not what other people are, cuz if that was the case, itachi was a chuunin at 8 and an anbu CAPTAIN at 13. And he is still a chuunin, jeez.. hes stronger then everyone.. does that mean he can't be a jounin!!?!? omg!?!

Get a grip people, there are other atmospherical conditions preventing or encouraging promotion/demotion of ranks.

Naruto has flashy entrances, so did Kakashi and Sauske.

Naruto is a strategist when it counts, He has effectively won all, thats right, all of his battles.

Zabuza, when kakashi, a jounin by the way in case you forgot, was captured.

But due to NARUTO's strategy, not sakuras or sasukes, but narutos, they were able to win, because naruto found it more logical to free kakashi then take on zabuza.

Again, the haku fight, he won.

The preliminaries, he won.

The main battles, he won.

Gaara, he won.. noticed a pattern?

'But he was reckless and could of died'

He's alive.

Take itachi, who most people swear is there daddy here, even said himself 'everyone has a weakness, and you cannot underestimate it'

If you expect a chuunin, jounin, sennin, hokage, god himself, to only do missions, and battles, where there is absolutely no threat whatsoever to themselves, then you'll be waiting for a long time.

There is a risk in everything, this is called drama and action, and it is what enables this show to be a success.

Without risk, it would not be enertaining.

So please, quit denouncing naruto because he has some balls and makes some risky manuevers.

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Risky manuevers, like running into the ice mirrors with Sasuke? That was just dumb. Naruto is an excellent fighter because of his Kyubi chakra and ability to make some good plans, but he is a horrible when it comes to being a leader. Naruto is obssesed with being acknowledged, and showing off in front of other people, that would not help in a team situation at all.

jing
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:16 PM
we have to think leadership and making right decisions, not tactics. Naruto completes the mission, but the team is wiped out...

EpoC
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:21 PM
I think that everyone In the main match is worth the Chunnin title.
Neji - he's a genious that learned kaiten and the other attack by himself ffs, and he is not a bad strategic either.
Gaara - What can I say, he's strong as hell
Sasuke - He's good almost beat Gaara in his normal mode
Temari - She is strong and a good analyzer.
Shikamaru - He's smart as hell and always at least 2 steps before the opponent
Naruto - The main character of this show. has the power of kyubi and can come up with a good plan when he wants to.
Kankuro - He's also good and has probobly the same strength as Temari
Shino - we know what he can do with his creepy bugs, and his strategic head.

I think everyone of them could beat a normal chunnin like mizuki. shouldn't that make them at chunnin lvl?

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by: EpoC
I think everyone of them could beat a normal chunnin like mizuki. shouldn't that make them at chunnin lvl?

No, it shouldn't

chambers
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:30 PM
previous to shikamarus fight then yes this woudl have been an acceptable idea but it was made clear that being able to keep a cool head and form stratagies is just is, if not more than important than the ability to whip out some uber moves and pound away.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Naruto is not lacking in leadership any more than anyone else. I'll try to make it clear why I think this. In the forest of death, sasuke is the one that came up with the plan that would prevent other people from infiltrating the group when he came up with that long password that Naruto would never remember. Point for Sasuke because he's thinking ahead. Nothing else that involved ledership comes to mind about Sasuke. The other genins, other than shikamaru, haven't really shown any more than Sasuke has (even though you may assume they did)

Naruto on the other hand, motivated Sasuke to go from sissy to badass against Orochimaru. He then came up with the plan to defeat the three ninjas who used the replications. Talking about leadership qualities, motivating your troops is as important as anything else, and being able to do that is a leader's quality. Naruto has it innately and it doesn't matter what exactly it is that gives him that quality.

Combat strategy and tactics are also as important as anything else. To be able to come up with an effective combat plan, you have to possess a good degree of foresight. Naruto, time after time, has come up with combat strategies that made the difference.

As far as "finishing the mission but getting all your troops killed isn't good enough...blah blah..." Naruto has that covered as well. Those goop ninjas. Not only was the plan his, but he defeated them alone, leaving the rest of his team unharmed. Hell, they weren't even tired. As far as the people deciding who has leadership abilities, it seems to me that you can't use the third exam as the guage. A one on one fight is not the same as a team battle or a team mission. You're not worried about protecting your troops, because they're not a part of it.

To make it worse, their judgement was mistaken, because neither naruto nor neiji had a reason to give up on the fight. Naruto has a demon in him that he know how to use, and neiji dominated the fight until naruto pulled out that demon. Was naruto supposed to give up before pulling his trump card? Was neiji suppose to give up before seeing what the demon could do? NO! dammit!

It seems to me like you guys are making your judgement calls based on the overall feeling you get from the characters as opposed to what they've actually shown. If anyone has a counter argument I welcome it (not trying to get into a fight), but please make sure you can topple the things I just stated instead of just posting and leaving everything I said still standing, otherwise, this goes nowhere.

chambers
Sun, 05-16-2004, 03:07 PM
heres a counter argument: for evey piece of amazing strategic thinking naruto has done hes done two things that would get his whole squad killed.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Alright, to give an equally useless response, you're wrong.

chambers
Sun, 05-16-2004, 03:12 PM
explain how its useless please? its quite a simple statement, for evey amazing fight naruto has won with some fancy stratagey there are two parts where he would have got his whole squad killed. please xplain to me how thats useless? its a counter argument.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Alright, it's useless in that 1) you haven't given a single example to support what you're counter argument, and to support it well, you're going to need more than one, and 2) even if you did, that only takes of one of the points I made, being naruto's aptituted for coming up with with strategies.

v I can't think of of two screw ups for every time he saved the team, or did something brilliant. v

chambers
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:03 PM
ok, i think the screw ups in just the scene with the bell training far surpass the amount of 'saves' hes had.

and tbh i dont think that with that in mind you need to counter any other parts as that would be the overifing factor.

Mut
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:08 PM
naruto is pretty much nothing without the kyubi, he would've lost... ummm, virtually EVERY FIGHT?

here are the fights naruto has been in (not counting stupid fights where naruto's opponent(s) sucked complete ass cuz they are insignificant):
1. mizuki (kyubi chakra)
2. demon brothers (kyubi healing)
3. haku (kyubi chakra)
4. orochimaru (kyubi chakra)
5. kagari & co. (kyubi chakra... that's why he was the only one that was able to keep on fighting)
6. kiba (kyubi healing)
7. neji (kyubi chakra)
8. gaara (kyubi chakra)

i'm not including zabuza since it was actually a kakashi vs zabuza fight. and even if i didn't say if naruto used kyubi chakra AND its healing powers, both were obviously used since naruto's healing process happens immediately and automatically after injury. also, kyubi chakra has been mixing with naruto's ever since it was sealed within him.

naruto NEVER gets tired. he can pretty much outlast EVERYONE with his gay kyubi chakra which is involved in every fight one way or another. ugh.

then someone is gonna say: "but naruto didn't use kyubi chakra in this fight." but listen to this AGAIN... kyubi chakra has been mixing for quite some time now gradually enlarging naruto's own chakra capacity. not only that, naruto's (more like kyubi's) healing abilities let naruto fight way longer than he can and since he can fight longer, he has more time to analyze the opponent and his or her moves/skills/etc. and come up with a strategy to defeat them.

and then someone will say: "well, that's the same as saying sasuke is nothing without his sharingan." that's partially true, except when you take this into consideration: kyubi and its chakra makes an individual into an almost invincible entity while other 'special' abilities are not as great. it's completely unfair to compare naruto with anyone.

my whole point is that kyubi chakra is what makes naruto the ninja he is, not determination and heart. and determination and heart are not the main factors if one's body is unable to do certain things. i'd say it's about 70-30 in favor of kyubi over determinaion and heart since kyubi does things for naruto so that it'll survive (if naruto dies, kyubi dies too). i'm speaking in terms of naruto world, so do not apply it to real world.

SofaKing
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:17 PM
Since you say that Kyubi's power has been used in every fight, then you don't really know what Naruto would
be like without it.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Mut@t@, what you said just now is fair enough, most of it anyway. But you know what? that's not the point. One, this is about naruto's leadership abilities. Two, this is anime is about a lot of things, but fairness isn't one of them. Three, we don't really know what naruto would be like without the kyubi. Determination and hardwork certainly has something to do with naruto getting where he's going. He didn't use kyubi chakra to learn the forbidden kage bunshin no jutsu. Plus, he did it on his own. Furthurmore, I don't think that everyone would be able to make as good use of the kyubi as naruto does. In fact, I don't think most would.

And another thing, I remember reading a post you made that said certain things happened when naruto used the kyubi chakra (wiskers get darker, eyes changed, whatever.) None of those things happened against mizuki, kagari, of kiba. And the healing factor didn't seem to come in until the end of the fight, you know, when he's already won it. So it doesn't seem like he did access it.

chambers
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:18 PM
yeah but i dont think you can deny that his heart makes him the TYPE of fighter and person he is. if we look at shikamaru for exmaple he would never have dont anything at all if he had the kyubi in him. while i certainly think its why he is as good as he is, i still think hed be decent without it (didnt jira or ebisu say it was hard for him because the kyubi chakra didnt mix well or correct wiht narutos own? thus making it more difficult to mold it).

Rek
Sun, 05-16-2004, 05:34 PM

Originally posted by: EpoC

No, it shouldn't

yeah... I'm guessing mizuki was more of a stealth ninja, for info gathering, hence why naruto (tho he was strong and alot of him) was able to pwn him...

So, if a genin could say, sneak past him, or out stealth him, he should be able to be a chuunin.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
ok, i think the screw ups in just the scene with the bell training far surpass the amount of 'saves' hes had.

and tbh i dont think that with that in mind you need to counter any other parts as that would be the overifing factor.

I cannot believe you're trying to using that as your support. It's almost complete irrelevant by the time the chuunin exam begins, and definately completely irrelevant by the time naruto faces neiji. You seem to be forgetting the ridiculous rate at which Naruto growing. I hope you're just joking with this...

Hinata-chan
Sun, 05-16-2004, 06:53 PM
whoever made the comment that the chuunin exam lasted 40+ episodes has an excellent point lol

ironically that it doubled the amount of time spent from graduation from the academy --> chuunin exam

makes you wonder how long this series will last

Rek
Sun, 05-16-2004, 07:00 PM
with anyone else, they would... but Chambers is serious...

jing
Sun, 05-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Naruto totally sucked and blanked out during the written chunnin exam. He didn't know how to gather information. GATHER THE WRONG INFO, his team will be wiped out.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Fine, let me try this. Who do you think deserves to be chuunin? Why?

Shin_Naruto
Sun, 05-16-2004, 07:54 PM
it breaks down into 2 groups...

Group 1 thinks Naruto is Naruto, and he uses the Kyubi Chakra like a tool. Since nobody else has this tool it is comparable to bloodline abilities. If he didn't have a demon inside of him, he would be a 2nd rate ninja which means he 'cheats' to win.

Group 2 thinks Naruto is Naruto + Kyubi... there is no difference between the two. They are one in the same. If Naruto wins, he won because he was better.

I'd like to toss in that he probably could have turn out to be a good ninja w/o the Kyubi... if his dad really is the 4th. Weve seen that the kids take after their parents in skill. I'd wager its why Sakura and Ino suck (owning a flower shop... what kinda job is that =P)

CyberPunk
Sun, 05-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
Fine, let me try this. Who do you think deserves to be chuunin? Why?

in all honesty, i really don't feel that any of the current genins deserve an advancement. they all have fundamental flaws that would prevent them from being good team leaders

also, i wanna make something clear about the haku battle.; if haku would have been serious in the first place, both sasuke and naruto would have been annihilated. also, i'm sick of all this, "sasuke lost to haku, but naruto beat him so naruto is stronger". if you don't recall, sasuke was guarding naruto and defending haku's attacks as he was starting to read his movements with his newly discovered sharingan. sasuke ended up "losing" to haku because he took those needles that were meant for naruto to the chest.

Assertn
Sun, 05-16-2004, 11:56 PM
i dont get why the big emphasis of becoming a chuunin is leadership skills, personally......
in serious situations, like that big war that took place......pretty much everyone involved were chuunins and jounins......
whats the point in having a whole army of leaders?

i would think leadership is more important for anbu captains and jounins

jing
Mon, 05-17-2004, 12:11 AM
that is why it is better to develop leadership while you are gennin/chunnin, it will increase the promotion to jounins i guess.

chambers
Mon, 05-17-2004, 02:13 PM
well it was only implyed that they would pick somone wiht leadership qualitys over someone with raw fighting skill at the exam was it not? and i dont think they were specifically tlkaing abotu shika's leadership qualitys rather his ability to quickley think of a stratagey that makes him FAR more dangerous and vaulable. remeber 'the hardest hit is the one you dont see coming'

also it makes much more sense to assume that its a REQUIREMENT to posses leadership qualities in order to become a jounin, therefore knocking back somone at chunnin level who obvioulsy have such qualities would be detrimental to the clan. people often gain prmotions IRL because of promise they show, rather than current ability.

either wya you look at it it works fine.

jing
Mon, 05-17-2004, 03:35 PM
thats true because you don't want to be slowing your team down. so it would be even better if whole team posses leadership qualities so then in future they may lead a group of their own.

Gods_Son
Mon, 05-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Each Genin that made it to the finals had something they could offer a team, but almost none of them possessed the qualities necessary to lead a team.

Stoopider
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:03 AM
Thats not true. I believe there are certain candidates that can lead a team. But to what extent of leadership, that can be questioned.

Naruto has proven it when going against Zabuza, in which he coordinated his attacks with Sasuke to free Kakashi from the water prison.

Hyuuga Neji. He was more or less commanding them all in the forest during the CHunnin exams.

I'm sure Shino can. I would think he was the brains of their team.

So is Ino. Stupid as she looks, she looks like she was the one pulling the strings keeping them alive. Either her or Shikamaru.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:32 AM
I think Naruto is worthy of becomming a Chuunin, and I'm pretty sure especially so once the new Hokage is in place. Naruto may be dumb, but he makes up for it in other ways, and besides, if he didn't become Chuunin, then I guess we'd have to watch 40 more episodes of him going through the Chuunin test again -.-
As for some earlier posts...what in the world makes Sakure worthy of becoming a Chuunin??? She sucks. There is nothing about her at all that would make her qualified, I mean, she is way below Naruto, so if she is qualified to be a Chuunin, then Naruto is over qualified to be a Chuunin. Just because Sakura was on some A rank missions dosen't mean anything, she didn't do squat. Pretty much all she ever does is obsess over Sasuke. v_v If Sasuke obsession makes you qualified to become a Chuunin.... *shakes head*
And if Sakura becomes a Chuunin then pretty much ALL the other genins should be Chuunins too, because pretty much everyone else is stronger that her and more focused, I.E Shikamaru, Shino, Hinata, Rock Lee, TenTen etc.

bitwar
Tue, 05-18-2004, 05:21 PM
I don't think Naruto has the ability to lead. He has a great talent for inspiring people, but that's not leadership. He is a liability because he keeps charging forward without thinking. He gets caught in obvious traps. Sure he can get himself out of them because of his strength (and the strength of Kyubi that he learned to tap into), but that doesn't qualify him as a leader. He formulates some strategies, but they're almost all solo acts. And he only starts thinking after he's gotten himself (and sometimes others) into bad situations or made bad situations worse. He almost got Sasuke killed, and he survived only by the mercy of their enemy.

He's a great asset to any team I think. His perserverence/stubborness is an inspiration to those around him, and his strength and drive to protect those around him make him a very good ninja to have around. But his recklessness is a liability. Though he has been improving, I still don't think he has what it takes to be a leader yet. A little more time, and then he'll be ready I think. He has to be eventually because he has to become Hokage! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 05-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Oh wow. Fairness! In comparison to the other genin though, is he really lacking? The plan to beat Zabuza was a more or less team plan. And it was a team plan in a situation you can't really expect a low level genin to get out alive. Everything Naruto does is big and surprising because of the situations they happen in. I feel he deserves extra credit for them. Also, inspiration is a key leadership quality. None of the genin have all of the leadership qualities, and Naruto's no different. It's just that he's silly, and he's rash, and that seems to be blinding people to the fact that he's not be lacking anymore than anyone else. Also, I imagine the Chuunin class would spend lots of time on teaching leadership skills, since you don't really get an opportunity as a genin. So what they should be looking for is to see if the genin have the necessary potential to become a leader. Naruto's plans and ability to inspire show more potential than anyone else in my opinion.

bitwar
Tue, 05-18-2004, 05:45 PM
You have a point, but I think his recklessness is still too prevailing. Like I said, he's been geting better. Assuming that his recklessness wasn't factored in as heavily by the examiners as it was by me, the Konoha Genin who made it to the finals would probably all be candidates for Chuunin rank. Even the loner Sasuke, as he has started showing concern for others and a will to protect.

Of course this is all speaking in hypothetical terms, as the writer has the final and only say in what happens to these characters.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 05-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I think. They've all shown something that makes them more or less deserving of the title.

psychofusion
Tue, 05-25-2004, 03:04 AM
i think that Naruto should definetly be a chunnin. you guys are right. he wouldnt be great without the Kyubi chakra, but Itashi wouldnt be so great without the Sharigan. Gaara would be nothing without the monster inside of him and his sand shield. Neji wouldnt be a amazing fighter without his Byakugen. So basically im saying it doesnt matter Naruto uses his ability (kyubi) to help him. If he didnt have anything he would still be better than Sakura.

Rek
Tue, 05-25-2004, 08:08 AM
you don't know that. He'd prolly be as fat as Choji from eating all that Ramen.

He trains because the village hates him, and he wants to be powerful for acknowlegement.... with out that driving them, and no kyuubi, he would have lower chakra, no stamina, really fat from the ramen, no ninja intelligence, (remember the 1st episode "catra")

And saying itachi wouldn't be that great is like saying jesus wouldn't be that great if he couldn't walk on water... because ITACHI IS JESUS! JEEEEEEEEEEEESSUS...

Snidely
Tue, 05-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Naruto - he's still not in full charge of his abilities and tends to stall (Zabuza, Haku, Garaa). What if, during one fight, there was nothing to get him started again?

He's got a good sense of tactics (he makes the most out of his techniques, as seen in Zabuza, Kiba, and Gaara fights). However, he prefers to charge in. He's not exactly stealthy, with a loudmouth and an orange outfit. He doesn't plan ahead, outside of battle. Again, he only inspires in the heat of battle. Outside, he's a joke, getting himself tangled up and treading in dog poop.

He has potential, but he isn't chuunin standard yet. Once he grows up a bit more, maybe.

Sasuke - he's strong, but the curse seal is a real liability. (Like when he faced that chump in the elimination battles, or against Garaa). Like Naruto, he's got a good sense of tactics (Survival training, Oro) but doesn't seem to plan ahead much either. He came up with the password in the woods, but that's it. Team 7 just seemed to run around, hoping to just run into people they could beat. Not the best plan.

Sakura - what a joke. She can't hold her own (she's never won a fight), she's obsessed with Sasuke, she has no decent moves, she's shown no skill in strategy or tactics, and usually gets in the way. She's been on A-class missions, true, but she was obviously way out of her depth in them. She's better off picking herbs and finding lost cats.

By the way, I always thought that it was unfair how they judge you for leadership skills in a one-on-one battle. The previous two tests don't seem to be considered at all, and the second test is the one that requires leadership skills.

chambers
Tue, 05-25-2004, 10:57 AM
She's better off picking herbs and finding lost cats.

LMAO

Assertn
Tue, 05-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by: Snidely
By the way, I always thought that it was unfair how they judge you for leadership skills in a one-on-one battle. The previous two tests don't seem to be considered at all, and the second test is the one that requires leadership skills.

well...true, leadership doesnt really mean much in 1v1....but i guess strategy could count at least
but if naruto and sasuke still end up becoming chuunin from this, then maybe it the 1v1s were to test your overall skill.....since a good leader has to be able to DO stuff in battle

jing
Tue, 05-25-2004, 03:38 PM
I think Naruto would make a good leader if he takes away all those flashy entrances and falling for simple traps, etc. But that wouldn't be fun now would it....
I think he is a good leader because he obviously saved Sakura and Sasuke from getting killed by Gaara. Therefore, his team has NOT been wiped out =P. and mission accomplished. made sasuke jealous.

fine leader... he has power too.

Assertn
Wed, 05-26-2004, 01:07 AM
too bad nobody saw his fight against gaara though, cept for sasuke i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Catalyst
Wed, 05-26-2004, 04:02 PM
I dont know what you guys think leadership is but I see leadership as the ability to motivate others to do their jobs effectivley.

I think Naruto would make a better leader than Shikamaru, shika's ideal job would be that of strategist. You put Naruto and Shika on the same team you've got Naruto's enthusiasm and motivation with Shika's smarts and tactics, give em some kick ass ninja's and they will beat the shit out of pretty much anything. Well thats my humble opnion anyway

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:37 AM
i do agree that shika and naruto will make a great team
T_T i wanna see them work together.. and i m interested in shika learning more so he will be able to take ppl by himself.... like his dad's technique (it choked them) ..

since naruto is also smart in battle.. it would be awesome.. ^_^ and hinata could be in naruto's group too.. wouldn't that be nice

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Yeah I think Hinata would be a better teammate then Sakura ..least she can actually fight and has Byakugan as well.

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:42 AM
those three would make a awesome group.. and hinata would be so inspired by naruto.. V_V i wish they become a group