PDA

View Full Version : Rock Lee

queenlatifah
Sat, 05-15-2004, 10:58 AM
I might be bias since Lee is my fav char, but I really have to feel sorry and the utmost respect for Lee. He's fought off with the best of the best:
Neiji,
Gaara,
Sasuke(ugh.. I really shouldn't include him),
and Boner(Kimimaro).

(OMFG.. I'm not going to include those Sound-tards, Zaku and co., either for the sake of my respect for Lee)

What's sad is that he had lost in all of these match-ups, excluding vs. Sasuke of course. I really hope that in the future, Kishimoto will make him such a badass that he can take down one of these top tiers.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

PSJ
Sat, 05-15-2004, 11:40 AM
hmm i dont feel much for Lee but it would be nice to see him win once in a while.

Mut
Sat, 05-15-2004, 12:31 PM
lee will probably never win in any fight. he's just that type of character.

hornetmike
Sat, 05-15-2004, 01:00 PM
He really should win something at least once. But hey on the bright side, at least he beat naruto and sasuke. ha ha ha ha ha ha

Knives122
Sat, 05-15-2004, 01:51 PM
hey he could of won that fight with kimimaro if it wasnt for his injuries

Edit: but he might of ended up like Neji and Chouji

Mut
Sat, 05-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
hey he could of won that fight with kimimaro if it wasnt for his injuries

Edit: but he might of ended up like Neji and Chouji

don't forget that kimimaro is ill... so they both had disadvantages. it was a fair fight, lee was just outmatched.

Gods_Son
Sat, 05-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Losing is part of Rock Lee's character

FearTheMullet
Sat, 05-15-2004, 09:59 PM
This whole manga revolves around people overcoming their difficulties so I suspect he'll come through at a really drastic important time to do something amazing. Everyone has so far, except Sakura.

Himura_san
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
lee will probably never win in any fight. he's just that type of character.

Never say never.

I think Lee will get stronger, he has much better training ability than the rest of the genins he just cannot use chakra like the rest. I do hope that he becomes a better fighter and gets respect.

Stoopider
Sun, 05-16-2004, 08:15 AM
ROck Lee is another Naruto. Just not as noisy. His time will soon come.

originalkrn
Sun, 05-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
ROck Lee is another Naruto. Just not as noisy. His time will soon come.

Well, Naruto has won ALL of his fights (well as far as i can remember).

Lee doesn't really have any character he is supposed to defeat. Sasuke is supposed to defeat Itachi, Kakashi or Naruto against Kabuto, Sakura vs Ino, or even Hinata vs Neji. The only person i think Lee would fight would be... Neji, but i don't think they would fight where they could defeat each other, seeing how they are allies.

jing
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Rock Lee owned naruto with one move. sakura owned naruto when he kissed sasuke.

PSJ
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:24 PM
those werent real fights. lee was just showing of how he could defeat the almighty uchiha without an effort. which he did to i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif naruto got mad and tried to attack lee.

Mut
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:27 PM
guys, face it. lee is a loser. someone who is always bound to get saved himself when he is trying save someone else. he is gonna get outdone everytime. he is suppose to lose in every way possible and keep trying to become a better nin, that's what he is all about. i'm sure lee will end up becoming a strong nin like guy, but it's gonna be awhile until we see that happening.

Shin_Naruto
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Lee isnt a loser... he just loses.
Someone who tries his absolute best and gives everything he has is not a loser in anyones book.

At some point he will win... and the current battle isnt over yet... he may still jump in.

PSJ
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:03 PM
what shin said. but its true that his character is built on losing battles and constantly being saved while saving.

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Shin is wrong, Lee is a loser in my book.

Mut
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps

rofl... nice!

but that's not the definition of loser i meant, shin.

PSJ
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:18 PM
that depends on what kind of loser konohamarukorps. if you mean a loser like we use the word loser in for example school or something. then you're wrong but if you mean a guy that loses games,fights, matches all the time then you are right. im guessing that was the kind of loser mutata was going for.

Shin_Naruto
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:22 PM

Ya gotta root for the underdog =) Its the American way!

Where is the fun in rooting for the strongest? You'll just end up like Mut@t@ =(

Mut
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by: Shin_Naruto

Where is the fun in rooting for the strongest? You'll just end up like Mut@t@ =(

you make it sound so bad to end up like how i am cuz you obviously got something against me like the rest of the newbies. don't be stupid. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

FearTheMullet
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:33 PM

I coulda sworn the American way was invading 3rd world countries that posed no millitarty threats to your weel being in the slightest. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:49 PM
Forget the American way, Rock Lee is just a loser.

PSJ
Sun, 05-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by: FearTheMullet

I coulda sworn the American way was invading 3rd world countries that posed no millitarty threats to your weel being in the slightest. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

lol yea that is the american way. too bad G W Bush didnt find any oil.. umm i mean weapons of massdestruction.

sorry for this off topic post.

so just to make it a little on topic.

Lee is a cool guy but he will never be a badass super guy.

queenlatifah
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:23 PM
My biased theory is that Kimimaro aims his ultimate attack at Rock Lee knowing that he can't defeat Gaara one on one. Gaara tries to make up for the past by taking up the hit for Lee.

Now Rock Lee goes berserk mode, similar to when Naruto turned into Nine Tails after Sasuke took the hit, but much more powerful of course.

Lee attains light-speed taijutsu that would rip your skin apart just by running pass by you, and shows Gaara the true meaning of friendship by owning the sh!t out of Kimimaro times 299,792,458 meters per sec.

PSJ
Tue, 05-18-2004, 01:03 PM
highly unlikely.

Mut
Tue, 05-18-2004, 01:04 PM
personally, i don't think rock lee can do shit right now. he was no match for kimimaro before, what makes you think that rock lee will be any help now that kimimaro is in level 2?

Stoopider
Tue, 05-18-2004, 01:15 PM
If you ask me, I think Lee is going to save Naruto's life, or maybe Gai's. Or something like that. Somewhere in the future. Not now I mean.

However, I don't see him with a very bright future....

He'll probably do something Legendary and be forever immortalized in Naruto magazine, then die. Probably in Sakura's arms.

Usually seeing people work so hard and their efforts being broken to pieces is probably the saddest thing in the world.

Assertn
Tue, 05-18-2004, 02:34 PM
actually, i expect lee to do something to help out gaara against the new kimimaro......
all good battles in the naruto series have to involve at least 1 turning point in a major battle (or if the good guys start out winning, then 2 turning points)

Death BOO Z
Tue, 05-18-2004, 03:41 PM
my guess is that Lee will come in to help either Neji or Gaara, since they're both his 'rivals' and he has yet to defeat both of them (he did beat Sasuke and Naruto)....

other than that, he might come in to save Sakura a few more times, but that really doesn't mean a thing, since about everyone can save Sakura, and for an advesry to be worthy to fight Lee, he must be able to kill Sakura in his sleep, meaning that Lee won't have enough time to save her, since she'll already be dead...

Lee's a poor guy, he's kinda like krillin or chou-zu, he'll be stronger than almost everyone else, besides those who really matter...

Edit:
hehe, i wrote Gaara instead of Lee, what a mess up, now it's fixed.
Chou-zu is the white short guy who looks like a doll from DB\Z, i'm sure you just needed me to say that they're from DBZ, but i wasn't sure about the spelling, so i wrote who exactly he is, his first appearnce is at episode 81 of Dragon Ball, i think, maybe it's a bit before or after, but it's around ep 80.

rockmanj
Tue, 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
chou-zu?? :-/ besides everyone knows the american way is to put a boot in someone's ass i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Tue, 05-18-2004, 04:25 PM
gaara helping neji or gaara? ahh so confusing and random!

Knives122
Tue, 05-18-2004, 04:33 PM
classic simpson moment

Moriarte
Tue, 05-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Iraq was a threat to the American way of life as well as the rest of the world. It has 750 tons of Serin(sp) gas that are unaccounted for and no proof of them being destoryed. Iraq also harbored terrorists that attack(ed) more than the U.S or are you forgetting Keys statement(s) in front of Congress; these are the least of it. It is incredibly irresponsible to say Iraq was never a threat.

Back on topic (since we're in the habit) I'm a big fan of Lee, but playing the "I work hard, almost get there, but don't so I try harder" can run off very quick. It's a great motivator and story, but the audience, us, is going to want Lee to win in a big way with all that he has trained for and not just a sacrificial play. Maybe the second time i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

Assertn
Tue, 05-18-2004, 07:08 PM
now now, save the iraq war politics for the iraq topic in general discussion

Chewy
Wed, 05-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Moriarte... your government lies...
According to Sadam(not to credible but still...), he didn't get along with Bin Laden, if Iraqwas harboring terrorists then it was probably done without his knowledge.
Remember the UN inspectors? They were searching for em.. couldn't find em. Sadam said that he destroyed the Serin(hence it being unaccounted for) and as of this date there's nothing to prove him wrong.
Of course its irresponsible to say that Iraq was never a threat... still its even MORE irresponsible to take out a leader just because you WANT to.

*runs off to iraq topic in general discussion*

jing
Wed, 05-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Lee needs kyubi chakra or cursed seal level 2.
just imagine how fast he will be.

Kurapica
Thu, 05-20-2004, 06:21 AM
He'll surely gain strenght in the near future. Especially when he is fully recovered and he tries to manages to control the chakra gates.

Nara Tonymaru
Thu, 05-20-2004, 06:53 AM
Lee will win! Just wait and see! He'll prove that all of his hard work isn't for nothing! And... Kimimaro cheated... I don't know if any of you saw it but... he tried to kiss Lee... and it freaked him out... that's... that's why he sobered up... >.>

Moriarte
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Chewy, you are the one being selective with your facts and your ignorance is astounding.
No, Saddam is NOT credible and he did support terrorism and he DID know of them. In March of 2002, the Iraqi dictator arranged a public ceremony to pay roughly $500,000 to terrorists in the West Bank, paying $25,000 to the families of suicide bombers and $10,000 to those whose family members were killed in other clashes with the Israeli army. If Saddam never had anything to do with Al-Qaeda (which is still an open question), he was clearly a supporter of terrorism. It is NOT only linked to Al-Qaeda which is only 1 of dozens of terrorist organizations.

As for the UN Inspectors, their job reputation deponds on not finding WMD's, and of course you failed to mention the serin and mustard shells found in Iraq which are WMD's which proves Saddam lied. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. When Saddam, supposedly, destroyed the WMD's he had to show PROOF, P-R-O-O-F of them being destroyed. He didn't, HENCE them being unaccounted for.

Saddam was taken out because he was a threat, not simply "just because" as you would try and, falsely, claim. There are 12 YEARS of reasons for doing what America and 39 other nations have done.

Oh, by the way, Lee ROCKS!!!

Raven
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Keep the Iraq discussion in the respective thread in GD guys. As for this thread's livelihood, I think it's all but over anyway.