PDA

View Full Version : RAvers?

Cal_kashi
Fri, 05-14-2004, 11:23 PM
If so who have you had the oppurtunity to see? Do you Dance, string? Been to any Bay area raves?

Mut
Sat, 05-15-2004, 02:57 PM
there was this one time... when i ran into some ravers in highschool, but i didn't like the vibe they were giving off so i stomped their asses out.

Gods_Son
Sat, 05-15-2004, 03:06 PM
I don't do ecstacy

v I just figured doing X would be the only good excuse for raving v

Cal_kashi
Sat, 05-15-2004, 04:39 PM
seriously, who said anything about X? As long as the music, ppl, and vibe are all good, theres no reason one can't rave completely sober and have a spectacular time.

ComeComeParadise
Sat, 05-15-2004, 05:22 PM
I like to rave.....oh wait, nevermind, I forgot that I'm not a complete and utter tool.

Vattha
Sat, 05-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Why's everyone being so close-minded..

Legendary Nin
Sat, 05-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by: Vattha
Why's everyone being so close-minded..

So I take it you pop X.

I'm not a pill popper,so raves aren't my thing.You'd have to be pretty fucked up on drugs to go dancing in a crowded old warehouse,with next to nothing in running water, with a bunch of glowsticks till dawn.

MemnochTheCaT
Sun, 05-16-2004, 06:46 AM
FWIW : I was a raver during the 3rd reich (1995-1997) .. good times i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Stoopider
Sun, 05-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Is it true if you take X, your vision gets really watery? Or everything looks very liquidy and colourful, thats why they shake their heads??

My friend who does this kind of shit tells me about it.

Vattha
Sun, 05-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by: Legendary Nin
So I take it you pop X.

I'm not a pill popper,so raves aren't my thing.You'd have to be pretty fucked up on drugs to go dancing in a crowded old warehouse,with next to nothing in running water, with a bunch of glowsticks till dawn.

Yay for stereotyping!

chambers
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:14 PM
yeah, man i go all the time, its great. i live in england tho, so i dont know what kind of music you would rave to, over here its all hardcore/Hhardcore/drum an base/hard house so its all good, iam sure its at least similar over where you are too.
do you get the same dj's (if its hardcore you go to) like Hixxy an Scott Brown?

Mut
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:43 PM
dancing with glow stick while being on E is fun*!

* = replace with stupid.

chambers
Sun, 05-16-2004, 03:00 PM
yeah its only fun when you have the white gloves to match!!!

NOTE: i dont do that.

Cal_kashi
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
yeah, man i go all the time, its great. i live in england tho, so i dont know what kind of music you would rave to, over here its all hardcore/Hhardcore/drum an base/hard house so its all good, iam sure its at least similar over where you are too.
do you get the same dj's (if its hardcore you go to) like Hixxy an Scott Brown?

I primarily try to stay in the trance and hard techno rooms, house and DnB are pretty prevalent but i don't care for them much. I actually saw Danny Gilligan and Phil Able last weekend, Gilligan rocked.
Haven't had the oppurtunity to hear hardcore or Hhardcore but i wanna, love Anabolic Frolic.
In the last year i've been able to see Oakenfold, Van Dyke, kraftwerk, Dj q-bert and Tiesto just to name a few.

In response to other posts, straight, uncut E would not give the visual hallucinations that were described, if the pill is cut with MDA or DXM it would. However, everyone is bobbing there heads (sober or not) cuz the music's playing.

Vattha
Sun, 05-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Why are people giving off such bad vibes for? We didn't even do anything and you guys keep making ignorant statements.

Cal_kashi
Sun, 05-16-2004, 09:27 PM
i gotta agree, this post wasn't "Who doesn't like ravers and why" so im gonna ask, if ur not a raver, or are gonna be a dick, JUST DON'T POST. keeps everybody happy, and you can SILENTLY go back to feeling better than us.

Raven
Mon, 05-17-2004, 12:51 AM
People need to understand that not all ravers pop pills or do some other kind of drug. I have a group of friends who occasionally go to these events, and I know for a fact that they don't touch any artificial substances at all.

They go for the love of the music, the companionship of friends, and just having a good time dancing. It's great exercise and a fantastic way to keep in shape. I'm not really a fan of the music myself, to be honest I don't like it much at all, but I'll go to these places because I like going out with friends, it's a good social activity, plus the exercise is invigorating.

And no, I've never touched E or anything like it, and I don't plan to.

Himura_san
Wed, 05-19-2004, 12:39 AM
Sorry I don't do drugs and act like an idiot, ok I did once at a cousin's wedding but raving == LAME-O!

chambers
Wed, 05-19-2004, 01:42 PM
people who use the word 'lame-o' are in fact as they describe.

ravin is pure class, an nowhere does it better than the UK.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-20-2004, 04:59 AM
people who use the word 'lame-o' are in fact as they describe.

ravin is pure class, an nowhere does it better than the UK.

UK maybe... Bay Area, Definitely i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

originalkrn
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:22 PM
i love trance. I seriously think it is the greatest form of music. But that is my opinion. Im not old enough to go to a rave, but i think that even if i was i wouldn't go. I never got into it. Seriously people, stop stereotyping of raving - it is not all about getting on X and doing all these other drugs. Just because some people ODed and died while in a rave doesn't mean that all ravers do it. Its like saying people who like Pop are homosexual guys or teen girls, or people who like gangster rap are actual thugs that are gonna shoot you or something. Its also like saying "yeah i dont grow my hair out and color it brown and shake my head like an idiot - thats why im not into metal".

Raven
Fri, 05-21-2004, 11:29 AM
ravin is pure class
Yes I know I am, but you spelt my name incorrectly. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Fri, 05-21-2004, 01:34 PM
lol, i'm waiting for some dumbass to correct you. i know someone has to fall for it...

Vattha
Fri, 05-21-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by: originalkrn
i love trance. I seriously think it is the greatest form of music. But that is my opinion.

What style you into? I'm into melodic, uplifting, progressive, and hardtrance. My favorite artist is probably Yoji Biomehanika. This guy's left toenail reeks of energy.

originalkrn
Sat, 05-22-2004, 12:31 PM
i like progessive. and chillout is really cool. Solarstone is one of my fav. I like all the legends: armin, corstein, geilen, dyke, atb, tiesto. you know. Armin Van Buuren - communications 2 has to be my favorite song ever. Greencourt is good. Well i like delerium - but i dont know if that really is trance. I dont know what delerium is, but they are damned good.

chambers
Sat, 05-22-2004, 03:36 PM
ferry is the man, but madagascar is the best trance song ever.................or storm.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-27-2004, 03:44 PM
BTW, i forgot to asdd this earlier... DJ HArvey is gonna be resident at a bar/club in Oakland this SUmmer... awesome, im very excited, those of you who know who DJ Harvey is, good for you, those that don't, go find out.