PDA

View Full Version : Icha Icha Paradise

butterfly_eli
Fri, 05-14-2004, 03:32 PM
I am still fairly new to this forum, so I don't know if this was discussed earlier, but I am wondering about Kakashi's book, Icha Icha Paradise. I don't know if anyone else has seen this but me. In the fourth episode, the one where you first see it, Icha Icha Paradise has a pic of a girl and a guy running. Then, in the 81st episode or so, when Kurenai and Asuma walk up to Kakashi near the tea house, it looks like the girl is kicking the guy. Does it always change and I've not noticed it til now? I haven't read the manga, so I don't know what it's like there. Anyone else have any ideas?

Vagabond
Fri, 05-14-2004, 03:37 PM
It's a different book. I'm think there are like 3 books in the series.

Kale Ironfist
Fri, 05-14-2004, 04:09 PM
he might've been reading "Come Come Violence" at the time

theres 3 Come Come Paradise
and the Come Come Violence one

butterfly_eli
Fri, 05-14-2004, 04:20 PM
well that certainly explains it. It looked pretty violent to me! I was wondering why Kakashi was still reading the same book like 70 episodes later. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif (I didn't want to assume he was just a really slow reader!)

viciousHyuuga
Fri, 05-14-2004, 04:26 PM
dosnt Jiraiya write them??

Kumiriko
Fri, 05-14-2004, 04:27 PM
kakashi should read a manga about the authers every day life

butterfly_eli
Fri, 05-14-2004, 06:34 PM
From what I understand, Jiraiya does write them. *snickers* he's always doing "research" at the womens' side of the hotsprings. I guess he's a prolific writer, since there are three books.

Just out of curosity, I know they're adult books, but any clue as to how "adult" they are? I mean, are we talking PG-13, R, or X? I mean, to use movie levels isn't exactly the best scale, but I was just curious...

hornetmike
Fri, 05-14-2004, 07:25 PM
I believe that he was reading "come, come, violence" in episode 40 during sasuke's fight in the chunnin exam.

Also on the books, i'd say probably nc-17

PSJ
Sat, 05-15-2004, 04:11 AM
yep yep jiraiya wrote the books. remember him saying that he came back to leaf just to do research i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Stoopider
Sun, 05-16-2004, 07:36 AM
I wonder whether Kishimoto is going to do a episode about it since it's so popular that Kakashi reads it.

Heheh. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

butterfly_eli
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:40 PM
I don't know if Kakashi reads it due to its popularity. I think it is because he really likes the story line i/expressions/rolleye.gif (yeah, and I believe guys when they say they read playboy for the articles too!)

Actually, I have a theory. It starts off with Sandaime. In 83 of the anime, you get proof that Sandaime was a pervert, in addition to the fact he is incapacitated by Naruto's Sexy no Jitsu. I think he subconsciously molded Jiraiya into a pervert too. Of course Jiraiya overtook his teacher in that regard. Jiraiya taught the fourth. And the fourth taught Kakashi. I think it could be a causal relationship. Perhaps the first or the second was perverted too.

Basically it goes Sandaime -> Jiraiya -> the fourth -> Kakashi

In which case we should really be worried about Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto. They may become perverts yet! Of course, I doubt the victim would be Sakura. She's too in love with Sasuke. I don't really think Naruto's Sexy no Jitsu and Harem no Jitsu are indicative of hentai behavior. He seems to criticize Sandaime for falling for his jitsus. That leaves Sasuke. Seeing as how the previous hentais were also very powerful, it could be that Sasuke is the next. He could be like Ebisu, Konohamaru's elite teacher, and a closet-pervert. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif haha, me and my crazy ideas!

Kale Ironfist
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:21 PM
actually, if you've read the manga, you would know the answer. Jiraiya was perverted long before he was under Sandaime's tutelage.

Aion
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:56 PM
They show him perverted as a youngin in episode 83

butterfly_eli
Sun, 05-16-2004, 03:13 PM
I haven't read the manga, so I don't know. Oh well, it was a funny theory while it lasted.

Ikonomi
Sun, 05-16-2004, 03:29 PM
I think it's more important to note that, by this logic, the Fourth was a pervert too. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif They're everywhere!

Mae
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:10 PM
"In which case we should really be worried about Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto. They may become perverts yet!" - eli

I think it might already be too late for Naruto.....

In ep 83 he gapes at that woman right along with Jiraiya. I think that's the first time I've seen him react to any female other than Sakura. He used to just make fun of perverted adults' weaknesses and exploit them with his jitsus, but now..... poor Naruto *sniff*

Stoopider
Mon, 05-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by: Ikonomi

I think it's more important to note that, by this logic, the Fourth was a pervert too. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif They're everywhere!

Basically it goes Sandaime -> Jiraiya -> the fourth -> Kakashi -> Naruto

But since Jiraiya took over Naruto's training

Sandaime -> Jiraiya -> the fourth -> Kakashi -> Naruto
Sandaime -> Jiraiya -> Naruto

Hence Naruto = Pervert 2x

Naruto is going to be the village's Ultra Pervert. We'll soon see him Thousand Kage Bunshin and peeking at all the girls bathing all at the same moment in time. Poor Naruto?? Hmm.. Indeed.

Hheehhehheehehheheheheehehehehhe *Wipes Drool from mouth*

Raven
Mon, 05-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Actually I think the most recent book Kakashi reads is "Makeout Violence".

Stęgan
Tue, 05-18-2004, 01:37 PM
just something i am wondering about........whats up with the nosebleeds

Assertn
Tue, 05-18-2004, 02:29 PM
"make-out violence" is the second book of the "come come paradise" trilogy
kakashi started reading it back in the prelims

and the nosebleeds is a long-known anime cliche for perverted guys i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Tue, 05-18-2004, 06:06 PM
i don't want to believe that the 4th was a possible pervert. it tarnishes my holy image of the yondaime.

Gods_Son
Tue, 05-18-2004, 06:19 PM
yea, the 4th being a pervert ruins his badass image.

butterfly_eli
Tue, 05-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Nosebleeds occur when a guy thinks dirty thoughts about a girl. That or he sees a girl in a compromising situation (eg. gratuitous underwear shots). If you want to see an anime full of them, watch Love Hina.

Originally posted by: Stoopider

Hence Naruto = Pervert 2x

Naruto is going to be the village's Ultra Pervert. We'll soon see him Thousand Kage Bunshin and peeking at all the girls bathing all at the same moment in time. Poor Naruto?? Hmm.. Indeed.

Hheehhehheehehheheheheehehehehhe *Wipes Drool from mouth*

Yeah, I was thinking about that. But so far, he's seemed to be unaffected. But I don't think he'll stoop to Kage Bunshin to peek, I think he'll perfect his Harem no Jitsu and take pictures and possibly publish his own magazine. Kakashi and Jiraiya would probably use it as "research material". It's comforting to know that Naruto and gang are just beginning to be hormone-driven teenagers. :-D Watch out Konoha!

And for the badass image, I personally think Kakashi is uber badass, and he reads Icha Icha trilogy! And Jiraiya is one of the legendary 3, so he can't be too shabby either.