PDA

View Full Version : Gaara transformed == blah;

thebaze
Fri, 05-14-2004, 07:34 AM
So, I loved all 82 of the Naruto episodes. However, I was a bit disappointed in the last fight with Gaara in terms of the animation and representation of the sand demon. Gaara was a badass character up until this point.

When Gaara started to transform he looked goofy and when he was fully transformed the demon looked and acted totally goofy. Not funny haha goofy, stupid goofy.

This was the only part of the entire series I was even slightly disappointed with. I could even tolerate the whole Sakura/Ino flashback stuff. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

chambers
Fri, 05-14-2004, 07:44 AM
i think it was intended to be slightly insane from being inside for such a long time without being released, and also i thihnk it was important that it wast *too* awesome as they probly didnt want to take away form the hokage battle which after all was the main set piece of the episodes sourounding it.

one problme i do have with it......why a racooon? theyhave NOTHING to do with sand at all! (do they? we dont have them in our country so iam not sure but iam sure some american can vouch for this?)

Destiny
Fri, 05-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Whatever happens happens, its completely up to the creator. I dunno about the racoon going insane for being contained for so long, but i agree with thebaze about Gaara being a badass until this thing showed up. I was expecting a lot more from his innner demon, honestly... i sure hope the Kyuubi is nothing like the racoon

Kale Ironfist
Fri, 05-14-2004, 08:16 AM
we've already seen what kyuubi is like already. he is completely different to the tanuki.

chambers
Fri, 05-14-2004, 08:30 AM
well i think thats why he comes across as goofy, he just loses it in the translation.

kilzo
Fri, 05-14-2004, 09:16 AM
The animals are scared in japanese mythology or something another. I believe i read that somewhere, racoon, fox, dog, bird, you know the jutsu's basically them are what out there are.

SamuraiOdin
Fri, 05-14-2004, 10:08 AM
Actually, there should probably be a translator's note at that point in the episode. What Naruto calls Gaara's transformed form is a Tanooki (spelling?). A Tanooki is a mythical shape changing creature that can grant wishes. It was translated as "racoon" probably because that is the form that it most commonly takes.

Legendary Nin
Fri, 05-14-2004, 12:31 PM
They screwed up the 3rd vs Oro fight and Naruto vs Gaara fight.I would recommend reading those fights in the manga,they owned their,too bad it didn't carry over into the anime.I was really hyped up for it,due to what I saw in the manga,but like I mentioned earlier,the anime didn't deliver.

Assertn
Fri, 05-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by: SamuraiOdin
Actually, there should probably be a translator's note at that point in the episode. What Naruto calls Gaara's transformed form is a Tanooki (spelling?). A Tanooki is a mythical shape changing creature that can grant wishes. It was translated as "racoon" probably because that is the form that it most commonly takes.

not only that, but someone also mentioned before that in japanese mythology, the tanooki demon thing has more of a "joker-like" personality.....which explains why he sounds kinda goofy, yet in a vicious sorta way

Kagari
Fri, 05-14-2004, 01:00 PM
I think the demon was pretty badass...after all, he did make Gamabuunta use all his chakra. and he's like, the king of frogs i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Yeah, and the demon was really just getting started when the fight ended. If gaara hadn't gotten smacked in his lips with the fist, they were done for. Naruto needs to learn a technique to release the nine-tails.

SK
Fri, 05-14-2004, 01:36 PM
i also thought the demon was cool as hell, he probably would have kicked gamabunta's ass if it wasnt for naruto. i think the oro vs 3rd fight was badass too

Assertn
Fri, 05-14-2004, 04:41 PM
yeah, the demons are pretty much on a level above that of the highest summons

i wonder if the akatsuki would be interested in gaara as well, if they are after naruto's kyubi

PSJ
Fri, 05-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by: Legendary Nin
They screwed up the 3rd vs Oro fight and Naruto vs Gaara fight.I would recommend reading those fights in the manga,they owned their,too bad it didn't carry over into the anime.I was really hyped up for it,due to what I saw in the manga,but like I mentioned earlier,the anime didn't deliver.

yep yep thats right. now read the manga fools!

Mut
Fri, 05-14-2004, 05:48 PM
i thought it was so much cooler in the manga when gaara transformed. but then again, i thought him transforming was stupid. i don't like monster vs monster fights.

Knives122
Fri, 05-14-2004, 10:58 PM
its like watching the power rangers all over again, when we were like 7

Hokage-IV
Fri, 05-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by: Legendary Nin

they screwed the 3rd vs oro fight? I thought that was the best fight so far, animation was superb with fluidity.

when 2nd Hokage did his Suiton, you realize you really cant compare it with any other char, the suiton was massive tsunimi. When Zabuza and kisame did their Suiton technique it was puny compare to the 2nd and they had water all around them..

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 05-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
i thought it was so much cooler in the manga when gaara transformed. but then again, i thought him transforming was stupid. i don't like monster vs monster fights.

yeah me too. reminds me of godzilla vs (insert other giant rubber suit monster). not a good battle

r3n
Sat, 05-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
its like watching the power rangers all over again, when we were like 7

GOOD THING POWER RANGERS RULES THEN!!!!!!!1112!131`2`12123

Noonan
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:21 AM
I'm pretty sure that the next time Gaara shows up he will make up for it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

After all Naruto has given him a big character development hook - and almost anytime a character in Naruto dissapears for a while they wander back in with a geometric power increase (one of the things that gets this series compared to dragonball)

Pyron
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:10 AM
i thought that gaara looked like a fat blob transformed. they could have made it looked better but that's what they chose, oh well

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-16-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
yeah, the demons are pretty much on a level above that of the highest summons

i wonder if the akatsuki would be interested in gaara as well, if they are after naruto's kyubi

Actually, I'm quite sure that beside from the time factor (Gamabunta can stay for a limited time, compared to Shoukaku), Gamabunta was stronger than the sand demon...
the sand demon was sure that he killed Gamabunta with the air\sand\chackra ball, and gamabunta just said that even he couldn't handle too much of those hits.. and Gamabunta also says that the sand demon is so tough that he could only complete one slash of his sword...

anyway, I was under the immpression that Gamabunta is stronger, but heck, maybe it's just me...