PDA

View Full Version : Prine of Tennis

gokudagreat
Fri, 05-14-2004, 12:28 AM
I love prince of tennis, and i just thought there should be a topic about it, even if you dont like it, post!

narutosharingan
Fri, 05-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Definitely one of my favorites. Hopefully the next ep comes out soon.

Shadow-wolf
Fri, 05-14-2004, 03:31 AM
Prince of Tennis is "BURRRNNNING!!!, Okay Baby!!!" Its the bomb.

gokudagreat
Fri, 05-14-2004, 08:51 PM
S-E-I-G-A-K U CAN SAY YAY! SEIGAKU SEIGAKU

echizen is so dam cool, sos the whole anime

whos your fav character?

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 05-15-2004, 02:53 AM
My brother and I like to take on the attitude of Prince of Tennis players when we face each other in either Table Tennis or Foosball. Most often I pick Momo and he picks Viper. I guess that makes Momo my favorite. Duuunk.

Destiny
Sat, 05-15-2004, 06:16 AM
I've just downloaded the first 10 episodes, and it seems pretty alright so far. The characters are neat, and i really like the opening and ending tracks.
Also on a side note, that Fuji guy reminds me a hell of a lot of Soujiro from Rurouni Kenshin

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 05-15-2004, 10:38 AM
The constant smiling. Always smiling. Why don't they stop smiling? Aargh! Its like they're demon possessed or something.

gokudagreat
Sat, 05-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Lol fuji has the right to smile like that, and without giving anything away HE IS REALLY REALLY GOOD.

i hate to like the main character AGAIN but ryoma is definitely my favorite character, his easy going attitude is awesome

Destiny
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:40 AM
And another thing, Ryoma is very similar to Takumi from Initial D. For example:
- They both hav dads that want them to carry on their legacy.
- Both fathers are retired from a professional career and now look like the average person, where in fact they're still l337 as ever.
- Both Takumi and Ryoma never planned on going professional.
- Both Takumi and Ryoma hav the 'I-dont-care' attitude.
- Both Takumi and Ryoma are monsters in what they're good at.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-16-2004, 06:23 AM
i'm still on ep 40, I'm planning to get the remaining 80 from my friends after my exam season is over...

I really hate Ryoma, he's got that Sasuke attitude which never ceases to annoy me, but he's getting better, seeing how he's also an idiot and has some bits of real personallity...

Fuji is so much like Soujiro... he even does battujutsu!
the rest of the cast is also quite neat, Takai and his 'COME ON BABY, LET"S GO!" talk, Inui and the special juice, Kikimaru and his beams, kaidou and his 'I'm too morbid to care' attitude. The rest are pretty much avarge, not intersting enough to get hyped about, but not annoying enough to hate..

and by the way, Nanjirou is the best, he's like Hiko seijuro, just with a racket...

gokudagreat
Mon, 05-17-2004, 01:01 PM
your probably not gonna like the anime from episode 40 on if you hate ryoma to be honest, the anime really is about him

yeah najiroh is freakin awesome

anyone know where to get any episodes after 115, or has no one subbed them yet

Mon, 05-17-2004, 03:37 PM
animenfo says it is licensed

Destiny
Mon, 05-17-2004, 03:57 PM
hehe, licensed. what a bugger

Autophage
Mon, 05-17-2004, 05:12 PM
This show is gay like white on rice.

Poiple Weezard
Mon, 05-17-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm a big fan of the show, I just wish we'd see some more episodes.

Animenfo says its licensed by Viz communications. Doesn't Viz just do manga though? I noticed that on the PoT on ANN says the manga was recently licensed. Maybe there was a mix up with the information.

gokudagreat
Mon, 05-17-2004, 07:43 PM
Damit, i hate it when they license shows like prince of tennis, turn it into a fing kids show and stick it at 9 in the morning on the W fuckin B, dam this crap, why cant people just illegally sub it god

if it is really licensed, then where can i get the raws

Stoopider
Mon, 05-17-2004, 11:46 PM
This anime started of great. I have to admit, I was pretty impressed by how a simple tennis game can evolve. But then, I kinda loss interest in it. Because everytime he beat a stronger opponent, another stronger one appears. It's like neverending battle. Somewhat unsatisfying... I feel this show is like going no where.

gokudagreat
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:37 AM
dude ryomas gotta become seigakus pillar of support and also become good enough to beat his father, probably the best player in the world, and thats where the shows going

Destiny
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Sounds like Initial D, but that's a great anime. Then again, the Initial D series is about 50 episodes or less, but PoT is like 100+ episodes... i can understand how it could get repetative.