PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok

Assassin
Thu, 05-13-2004, 09:14 PM
This is a new series based on the popular online rpg. so far 5 eps are out. Personally i love the series, but maybe thats cuz im a big fan of rpg games. still it has a nice story line (i tihnk....hard to tell cuz its so new) and the animation and everything is good as well.

lets hear what u guys think of it....and hopefully if enuff ppl like it, we should get a new forum for it.

Aeon
Thu, 05-13-2004, 10:20 PM
I like it for the same reason you think you like it because I'm into to RPGs, and it's staying true to a actual MMORPG by having other parties and such. The only thing I don't like about the show is the main character he just seem's to annoy me. Good thing the support character's are cool.

Shadow-wolf
Fri, 05-14-2004, 03:26 AM
Good series. Excellent concept. I've downloaded five episodes. The first two episodes were subtitled by an unnamed group (^ ^). They did an excellent job. The other subtitles are not as good. Actually, I still need to try Aoi-Anime's version.

SK
Fri, 05-14-2004, 01:51 PM
i havent watched it yet, but im going to check it out. it reminds me of an online rpg i used to play called Dark Age of Camelot. i reccommend to anyone looking for a game better than Everquest.

Locke
Fri, 05-14-2004, 04:44 PM
I loved how it was actually set up like a mmorpg is. It didn't stray from it, it really stuck with it. Makes me want to go to a free server and play it like I used to.

Definatly recommend it, Shinsen something is doing the best quality subs currently for it.

bitwar
Fri, 05-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Ragnarok. . . Isn't that one of the Korean comic series that TokyoPop is releasing?

EDIT: Yeah, ok. I recognise the logo. And I saw the author's name in the opening credits. I think the game is based on the comics. I could be wrong. And I haven't ready any of them yet (just remember seeing them on my mother's shelf), so I don't know if they're following the comics or not (sorry for calling them comics, but I don't know the Korean term equivalent to manga, which is really just Japanese for comics anyway).

So, who's the best group to get fansubs from? I value decent translations and nice big bold subtitles that are readable on the TV.

ad4mz41
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:08 AM
The storyline is kind of weird and the characters come out of nowhere really so I'm expecting more story building episodes later. The only reason i started downloading this anime was because it was based on the game and they share similarities you'll notice (if you play the game too). I think the animation is ok, storyline isn't too good, and the characters are a little random. I dunno though everyone has their own opinion so give this anime a try and see what you think.

Locke
Sun, 05-16-2004, 08:01 AM
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/390.html

Currently I'm liking the Shinsen/Ragnamart subs. That's what I suggest.

r3n
Sun, 05-16-2004, 12:34 PM
is it the similar to .hack//sign cos that sucked

bitwar
Mon, 05-17-2004, 03:23 PM
How long is this series supposed to be?

DaxeyPoo
Tue, 05-18-2004, 03:22 PM
OOOO OOOO Me wants Me wants !!! I play iRO alot and i would like to see this very much so .... ^_^

Paithan
Wed, 05-19-2004, 06:08 PM
The anime "Ragnarok the animation" is from the game Ragnarok... It's really similar. www.ragnarokonline.com