PDA

View Full Version : tsukuyomi and amaterasu explaination????

ricefarmer
Thu, 05-13-2004, 05:31 PM
i know it means sun and moon but i was re reading chapter 148 and itachi was using his mange sharingan too much and he said that he needed to rest at the same place for a while... then he says "not to mention until, tsukyomi becames amaterasu we should not use it..." so his little world he brough kakashi can change from night to day or something... maybe some1 can thuroughly explain this.. cuz i read it and i dont get it... thank you

Mut
Thu, 05-13-2004, 05:39 PM
well, tsukuyomi is the genjutsu used on kakashi and sasuke. amaterasu is the black fire ninjutsu used on jiraiya's stomache-wall. i think it's just a mistranslation or just something we haven't figured out yet.

and it's mangeKYOU sharingan.

EDIT:

i'm using narutoex.com as my reference for the jutsu names. i think that site is the most accurate when it comes to names and descriptions of jutsus. BUT i don't remember amaterasu ever being described as the black fire ninjutsu itachi used.

Kale Ironfist
Fri, 05-14-2004, 01:56 AM
that's true, there has never been any other mention of Amaterasu.

to Mut@t@: it wasn't on jiraiya's stomach wall. it was on a frogs stomach wall (that he summoned).

without more evidence, we can't tell whether it was a mistranslation or it was a really bad way to describe it or used to intrigue us for now.

hornetmike
Fri, 05-14-2004, 07:21 PM
maybe it's some sort of secret jutsu of the uchiha family. since they like fire jutsus. but it's definetely confusing using about what is meant about amaterasu and what it is.

Mut
Fri, 05-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by: Kale Ironfist
that's true, there has never been any other mention of Amaterasu.

to Mut@t@: it wasn't on jiraiya's stomach wall. it was on a frogs stomach wall (that he summoned).

without more evidence, we can't tell whether it was a mistranslation or it was a really bad way to describe it or used to intrigue us for now.

that's what i meant... it was jiraiya's technique...

and i don't think uchiha's specialize in fire jutsus... i think it's just the whole fire country.

ESM
Mon, 05-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by: ricefarmer
i know it means sun and moon but i was re reading chapter 148 and itachi was using his mange sharingan too much and he said that he needed to rest at the same place for a while... then he says "not to mention until, tsukyomi becames amaterasu we should not use it..." so his little world he brough kakashi can change from night to day or something... maybe some1 can thuroughly explain this.. cuz i read it and i dont get it... thank you

Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu does not mean moon and sun, they are the names of a god and goddess. As for what Itachi said, it wasn't "until tsukuyomi becomes amaterasu we should not use it..." he said "I was not only forced to use Tsukuyomi, but Amaterasu as well." Tsukuyomi is the name of the technique he used on Kakashi and Sasuke, and because the only other strange jutsu we see in the manga is that black flame it's easy to assume that it is Amaterasu.

Mut
Mon, 05-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: ESM

Originally posted by: ricefarmer

Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu does not mean moon and sun, they are the names of a god and goddess. As for what Itachi said, it wasn't "until tsukuyomi becomes amaterasu we should not use it..." he said "I was not only forced to use Tsukuyomi, but Amaterasu as well." Tsukuyomi is the name of the technique he used on Kakashi and Sasuke, and because the only other strange jutsu we see in the manga is that black flame it's easy to assume that it is Amaterasu.

how sure are you about this...

why can't inane retranslate the previous itachi chapters! >=(

ricefarmer
Mon, 05-17-2004, 06:43 PM
yep inane must redo this one.. im not sure even if i read inane one but .. i got it at narutofan maybe Amaterasu is the black flames.. that are ultra strong.. even jiraiya was cautious about it.. anyway why the hell people think uchiha specializes in fire jutsu's?? only sasuke likes flames.. itachi even has water jutsu's i believe the uchiha are a very well rounded clan... unlike hyuga who is mostly taijutsu

raijin
Mon, 05-17-2004, 06:50 PM
The translation posted by ESM is the one given by AK of Troy, the translator at Toriyama's World (he's the one who translated Naruto Volumes 1-12). I have also checked the original Japanese manga and the translation posted by ESM is correct.

Mut
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:54 AM
thanks for the clarification.

but, i don't think that changes anything... but i'm glad we got that confusion out of the way.