PDA

View Full Version : Gaara, Temari, Kankuro

PSJ
Thu, 05-13-2004, 01:07 PM
well as you cansee this thread is about gaara and his siblings becoming good. whats you thoughts on this?

my opinion is that this is an interesting turn of events, even more interesting than when rock lee turned up. i like gaara and his sand moves alot and now when he seems to be alot stronger and also a good guy that makes it great. temari is also a cool character and even cooler when good. kankuro also reached the first level oc coolness with his new puppet and all i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Sharingan83
Thu, 05-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I have to agree on that.
Kankurou & Temari have advanced in strength, but they still carry Vejiita's attitude - looking down upon the village's strength with a cool smile; arrogant bastards lol
Gaara's the one who majorly changed from the way he looked at Lee and said "I own a large debt."
We'll see how strong Gaara has become very soon, now that he's good!!!

jing
Thu, 05-13-2004, 03:13 PM
We've seen kankuro and temari become stronger. Im just curious and very excited to see what new tricks gaara has come up with! yeah i think its wicked that they are one of the good guys now.

Mut
Thu, 05-13-2004, 03:48 PM
it was kind lame to see kankuro and temari use their ultimate moves as soon as they arrive and end their fights in like 5 seconds. if gaara's fight is anything like that, i'll just delete my naruto manga collection.

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 05-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Why should that be lame? I was sooooo tired of these fights taking ten billion chapters that I felt great relief that the sand just showed up to stomp the crap out of the sound and get on with it. It's also nice to see a different pace for a confrontation for once, instead of (1)- Lengthy introduction, I'm blah-blah-blah, you should watch out because I'm very powerful etc, (2)- trading of low-level attacks, throwing kunai that never hit shit, etc.. (3) - One fighter gets serious and uses his high-level attack, usually the first fighter to do this loses .. then the other fighter is like 'bitch please, here's MY super attack, and then the fight is over, after a few too many chapters.

When did the fights with the sound start? They can't possibly end soon enough for me .. this is the most DBZ-like dragged out arc so far in Naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Mut
Thu, 05-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
Why should that be lame? I was sooooo tired of these fights taking ten billion chapters that I felt great relief that the sand just showed up to stomp the crap out of the sound and get on with it. It's also nice to see a different pace for a confrontation for once, instead of (1)- Lengthy introduction, I'm blah-blah-blah, you should watch out because I'm very powerful etc, (2)- trading of low-level attacks, throwing kunai that never hit shit, etc.. (3) - One fighter gets serious and uses his high-level attack, usually the first fighter to do this loses .. then the other fighter is like 'bitch please, here's MY super attack, and then the fight is over, after a few too many chapters.

When did the fights with the sound start? They can't possibly end soon enough for me .. this is the most DBZ-like dragged out arc so far in Naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

uhhh... it'll be lame cuz kimimaro is suppose to be someone crazy since he was orochimaru's first choice. it'd be stupid for someone to have such hype build up for him and get obliterated by one move.

Knives122
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:15 PM
But then that would show he really isnt shit, they do this all the time in shows and games, they make him out to be a badass but when some one like Gaara(or anyone like him in Animes). We get that high expectation feeling(like we know he will win) and then he uses his best moves and descimates the guy you thought was invincible, now that is BadAss

SDShamshel
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:11 PM
I feel sorry for Gaara in that it's arguably more difficult for him to practice Taijutsu than any other character, seeing as the sand defends regardless of his own will.

Maybe if he can somehow end up sparring with Lee it would do both of them a ton of good.

FearTheMullet
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
it was kind lame to see kankuro and temari use their ultimate moves as soon as they arrive and end their fights in like 5 seconds. if gaara's fight is anything like that, i'll just delete my naruto manga collection.

Go ahead and delete it, no one here could give less of a crap.

On that note, I hope for an interesting fight, but not as long as the others. Also not as short as Temaris and Kankuros because the fight with kiminoanoanfl wahts his face hasnt been very long yet, jsut Naurto pulling his Kage Bounshin, nothing special yet. Desert Graveyard can take kiminoanoanfl wahts his face anyday.

Himura_san
Thu, 05-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Let me guess you're a DBZ fan, neh??

Nine Tailed Demon
Thu, 05-13-2004, 08:41 PM
I've made my thoughts clear, Kishimoto set it up that Gaara could never be good and changed it. He messed up the reality in Naruto world.....

Rassamus
Thu, 05-13-2004, 09:48 PM
I actually agree with Mut@t@. i rarely post and i think he brings up a very good point that kimmimaro was orochimaro's first choice, that should count for something. plus kimmimaro says he has mastered the "five dances" and if i'm not mistaken we have only seen two of his dances, the dance of the camellia and the dance of the pines. i for one would expect kishimoto to show us all five, so i think gaara is in for quite a fight.

Nara Tonymaru
Thu, 05-13-2004, 10:08 PM
After reading Inane's translated 214 today ( I read only the best! ) I'm DAMN GLAD they turned good, because Kankuro and Temari OWNED those two losers and BAD! ( Please excuse the use of caps, but c'mon... that was a damn good chapter. ) and I can't wait to see what Gaara has instore for Kimimaro, because I hate him, and all the other sound nins, sans Dosu, Zaku, and Tayuya.

Edit: Did anyone else find Kankuro's attitude kind of funny? The way he was sort of like " I don't believe this bitch... you have the nerve to look down on ME!? Ooooohohoho... that's all folks, it's over for this bitch here. "

Mut
Thu, 05-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by: FearTheMullet

great. another stupid newb after me.

Nara Tonymaru
Fri, 05-14-2004, 06:58 AM

It happens, and although I think it'd be cool if Gaara just pwned him royally, I can see where you're coming from, Kimimaro Vs. Gaara will probably take up more than one manga volume.

AlbinoFury
Fri, 05-14-2004, 07:19 AM
i think we have seen 3 of the 5 dances, their was pine, camelia, and i think dance of the willow already or something. so yeh we will probably see two more, prob 4th one vs gaara, 5th one vs gaara and lee fighting together i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

hopeknight
Fri, 05-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Well I wouldn't just assume their completely good guys now. Sure Konoha and Sand have a treaty right now, but that's probably just in their best interests. Garaa has gone through alot of changes, but I bet he's still pretty crazy with the lack of sleep (just not as much of a homocidal maniac as before).

We can hope the newly refounded alliance will build a better friendship between the two countries than the last time.

I'm glad these fights are starting to resolve now.

FearTheMullet
Fri, 05-14-2004, 02:09 PM

Great another stupid person.

FearTheMullet
Fri, 05-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by: Nine Tailed Demon
I've made my thoughts clear, Kishimoto set it up that Gaara could never be good and changed it. He messed up the reality in Naruto world.....

The whole point of the story is change though, and making the immpossible possible. I suspected something of a change of hear in Gaara was coming since after his fight with Naruto ended. It's not that sprising it happened, it's the premise of the story.

PSJ
Fri, 05-14-2004, 05:59 PM

what i get form the fight when sound and sand attacks he set it up so anyone can become a good guy after being bad. gaara finally understand what great power comes from. protecting your friends(since he dont know about the kyubi ;P) which give him something to think about and the first thing he says after being defeated is "kanruo, temari.... sorry" one could think this is because he lost a fight when attacking the leaf but i take it as he apoligizes because of his behaviour. i almost expected hi mto trun good after that fight. his face expression is also diffrent after the fight.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 05-14-2004, 06:53 PM
I was chocked when Gaara talked with Lee about that Lee was faster when they fought, i never thought Gaara could speak without saying "i must kil you to prove my existence"i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I must say Gaara is cooler when he is good and it would be intresting if he and Naruto became friends. They could talk about "their inner demons"
Gaara could say "mine wont let me get some sleep how about yours Naruto-kun?", Naruto could brag about how he controlls his demon.

Naruto_-_Kun
Fri, 05-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
I was chocked when Gaara talked with Lee about that Lee was faster when they fought, i never thought Gaara could speak without saying "i must kil you to prove my existence"i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I must say Gaara is cooler when he is good and it would be intresting if he and Naruto became friends. They could talk about "their inner demons"
Gaara could say "mine wont let me get some sleep how about yours Naruto-kun?", Naruto could brag about how he controlls his demon.

bahahah thatd be heaps funny, but right now i jus want naruto to be able to train and get way stronger lol, like 2hrs a day taijutsu training with lee 2hrs fighting neji kurenai gengutsu training and 4hrs with our favourite sennin, jiriaya

Nine Tailed Demon
Fri, 05-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

what i get form the fight when sound and sand attacks he set it up so anyone can become a good guy after being bad. gaara finally understand what great power comes from. protecting your friends(since he dont know about the kyubi ;P) which give him something to think about and the first thing he says after being defeated is "kanruo, temari.... sorry" one could think this is because he lost a fight when attacking the leaf but i take it as he apoligizes because of his behaviour. i almost expected hi mto trun good after that fight. his face expression is also diffrent after the fight.

That's not the point! Gaara has to stay awake to surpress the demon(shukkau or something), this causes insomina which makes him go crazy, when he falls asleep the demon comes out. I don't see anyway he could turn good....

Mut
Fri, 05-14-2004, 10:24 PM

That's not the point! Gaara has to stay awake to surpress the demon(shukkau or something), this causes insomina which makes him go crazy, when he falls asleep the demon comes out. I don't see anyway he could turn good....

besides the insomnia, i thought the main reason why he was evil cuz no one loved him.

Stoopider
Fri, 05-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Yup. Probably he had a change of heart. Naruto beat him silly.

But all along, Gaara was always quite submissive to his leaders (The Kazekage, their teacher for the jounnin exams).
And about him wanting to prove his existence or blood... Must be 'That' time of the month.

PSJ
Sat, 05-15-2004, 03:55 AM

besides the insomnia, i thought the main reason why he was evil cuz no one loved him.

yea it wasnt the demon that made him evil it was that no one loved him and didnt care for him so he only cared for himslf and felt good when killing. thats not because of shukaku. sure the insomnia makes him unstable but the main reason is still lack of love.

FearTheMullet
Sat, 05-15-2004, 09:49 PM

yea it wasnt the demon that made him evil it was that no one loved him and didnt care for him so he only cared for himslf and felt good when killing. thats not because of shukaku. sure the insomnia makes him unstable but the main reason is still lack of love.

Exactly the whole story is how friendship can make/help you over come anytihng. Even if that friendship is someone beating you into submission. Positve morales

PSJ
Sun, 05-16-2004, 06:14 AM
yep yep. besides kazekage mad gaara they way he is in hopes for him to control shukaku which means he can sleep without shukaku taking over but gaara wasnt able to control shukaku which is the direct reason for assination attempts and no friends which made gaara what he was until he got beaten by naruto.

MemnochTheCaT
Sun, 05-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Lol awesome .. I thought I was the only one who could make posts with 54-word sentences i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Btw, I agree i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I lub the Gaara i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

originalkrn
Sun, 05-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Well, now that the sand nins have destroyed the sound nins (waiting for gaara to), what are they gonna do now? Go after Naruto to aid him, go back to heal others, or wat? Maybe they have an ulterior motive for helping the konoha nins.

PSJ
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:20 PM
dont think so since tsunade have made peace with the sand village now so they cant be on a mission to do something and they didnt even want to do the first mission anyway and they cant aid the sound by acting to be nice and then kill all leafs since they probably know that sound killed kazekage and screwed sand over. not that gaara would care that much for kazekage but i still dont think he would help orochimaru out.

Trunks420
Mon, 05-24-2004, 10:45 AM
i started liking temari, Damn Sakura! temari is on hot babe lol

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:04 AM
peace was made with the sand back right after the 3rd died......it was the committee that re-established peace, not tsunade i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Stoopider
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:37 PM
However it was Tsunade who sent the 3 sands.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 05-24-2004, 01:06 PM
and that makes completly no sense at all, since Tsunde arrived to the leaf village the day previous to Sasuke's escape...
but more than that, the genin team was deployed the moment they found out about Sasuke, so even if Tsunde sent someone to the sand village at that exact time, it wouldn't make any sense that her carrier managed to get to the sand village and then call Gaara and co. in the few hours which passed since then...

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 01:28 PM
i'd believe it.....keep in mind that the whole chase has been going on for a while now, and its also expected that the journey from the leaf village to the sound village would be not much more than a day if oro expected sasuke to arrive so soon, although i cant remember if sand is neighboring the leaf as well......

but also remember how fast gaara's group made it through 2nd exam? even though kiba's team had both scrolls and was at the same place gaara was when he had both scrolls, gaara's group still managed to get to the tower like, 8-12 hours before kiba did

mprose
Mon, 05-24-2004, 04:12 PM
I guess I'm one of the few who don't think you could actually call Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro ninjas on the "good" side. They work for their country, which would make them a good ninja, but not neccesarily on the good side.

So they fought Kohona when they were against them and helped them when they were allied with them. Gaara is the only one that you could say is changed from before. The others seem the same, just more powerful...

Raven
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Exactly, the only reason people are considering them to be "good" now is because they're associated with Konoha, who have always been "good" to the viewer/reader.

The trio is still the same as before, just following orders like before (with the possible exception of Gaara who hasn't killed Lee yet so he may have changed somewhat for the better).

In the same way, the only reason they were considered evil before was because they were up against our heroes, Konoha. You have to remember that this wasn't their own decision, they were following orders so they were never truly evil by their own devices (Gaara is a different story for obvious reasons).

Assertn
Tue, 05-25-2004, 12:02 AM
good is always a subjective concept.....this observation can be made about real life just as it can in tv shows

Mut
Tue, 05-25-2004, 12:49 AM
even in that whole chuunin exam arc, i never thought kankuro and temari were actually bad (bad as in evil). as raven said, i think they were just following orders. gaara is the only psycho but he definitely has toned down his killer instincts.

Stoopider
Wed, 05-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Yup. Can't blame Gaara. He's born with it. Lack of Serotonin in the brain.

Knives122
Wed, 05-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Its mostly shukaku's fault, Gaaras lack of sleep turned him into a insomniac

PSJ
Thu, 05-27-2004, 08:13 AM
its not only that slam some assasinations and a whole village's hate for you on to that and you get gaara

The Lord of Morning
Fri, 06-04-2004, 03:19 PM
well now that its all over, i think that the pairs will chill for a bit, find their buddies and wait for naruto. kiba was badly wounded so will get help, i think tamari is going to hit on shikamaru since he beat her earlier and they can be friends. (Although i think he will end up with ino eventually). i mean she probably likes him since he beat her and is obviously a genius (even if super lazy).

gaara and lee are goign to try to catch up with naruto i would guess, when they get over the forest of bonespikes. damn but kimimaro was certainly impressive. i dont think anyone short of a hokage could have beaten him if he wasnt sick.

you think the female sound nin is dead? you think all the sound nins are dead cause i am not so sure about the spider guy either. i guess we will have to wait until we also find out about chouji and neji

moridin
Fri, 06-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Kimimaro is strong, granted. However, he is strong when compared to the Genins. I think most Elite Jounins could have taken him, even when he wasn't sick. If he was Hokage level, that would be absolutely ridiculous.

Assertn
Sat, 06-05-2004, 11:38 AM
oro did say that the battle against the leaf village wouldve been easier if kimimaro was there....but i still cant help but remember the part where kabuto was wondering whether sasuke was stronger than kimimaro.....even though he may be the strongest of his clan, i think the fact that the rest of them were crushed by the mist village shows that they arent unstoppable

tayuya is certainly dead, im sure shika and temari would make sure of that. Besides, she's useless now anyway, no point in keeping her around...kidoumaru, on the other hand....i was under the impression that neji merely incapacitated him...but he could very well be dead if his organs were busted up enough

Baranthal
Thu, 06-10-2004, 05:32 AM
Hrm, I sort of wonder about what the power levels of the different ninja ranks.

You take a look at Gaara, Neji and Naruto. If I remember correctly, there was a group of jounin's that were pretty easily overwhelmed by the sound 4 as they left the village.

If these were the top 4 of the sound, it seems pretty obvious they were at least jounin level, and the leaf genin's gave them all a run for their money.

From my perspective it seems that being called a chounin/jounin means that the ninja's are a bit more rounded perhaps, but as far as raw power it doesn't seem like many of them are that much more powerful then the top genins.

Albiet the scene during the desctruction of konoha where you see the abilities of choji's, shikamaru's, ino's and neji's parents (well in neji's case uncle) seem to demonstrate a bit higher level of abilities.

moridin
Thu, 06-10-2004, 08:50 AM
The 2 Jounin's were not taken out easily...the four sound ninjas had to go to their second curse seal level. Even then, they barely won. Also, you have to remember that the 2 jounins had been on missions the entire time since the Chuunin exams. I'd be a little tired if I had been working non-stop for any long period of time.

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 07:23 PM
exactly......people tend to question the strength of jounins when they see genins beating these sound guys, but if raido and genma were in good health, then they couldve easily won in a 2v4 match even IF those sound guys went all out

while the genins on the other hand all nearly died from their 1v1 matches

Knives122
Thu, 06-10-2004, 08:22 PM
But the fact is that they still beat them, which implies that they genins have at least some chance of being strong(or almost as strong as the jounins), and plus we dont know how sick those two Jounins were, they could of just had a cold

Assertn
Fri, 06-11-2004, 01:06 AM
but the jounins know what kind of threat the sound 4 were, and they were very confident later on in the hospital scene that they wouldve beaten them
if tsunade had permitted it, they wouldve gone right from the hospital to go whup some sound ninja ass

besides.....genma totally countered tayuya's (i think) kunai with a freakin toothpick i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

PSJ
Fri, 06-11-2004, 07:21 AM
its a fact that the sound 4 is much weaker than a jounin. they are at most strong chuunin. what kind of jounin relies on strength alone? like jiroubou. a jounin is skilled in all fields these guys arent.

Mut
Fri, 06-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
besides.....genma totally countered tayuya's (i think) kunai with a freakin toothpick i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

NO YOU'RE WRONG, IT WAS SAKON'S KUNAI, LOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOL

it's 7 in the morning... i've never woken up this early on my own and accidentally during summer when i have nothing to do... i failed in sleeping late =(

Assertn
Fri, 06-11-2004, 04:21 PM
OMG ROFLZ YOUR RIGHT.....WTF is ^ w/ me??

M1N10N
Fri, 06-11-2004, 11:03 PM
excuse me if this has already been said as I sorta skimmed over most of this thread.

There is mention of Gaara not being able to sleep without being taken over by Shukaku (sp?). Also it has been stated that Tsunade sent Gaara and company to the rescue. It is a fact that Gaara is now good (for the time being)

Anyone but me put these 3 things together? Gaara learned what pain feels like thanks to Lee, Sasuke, Naruto, and Gamabunta. He also knows more about love, protecting special people, etc. etc. Tsunade, the great healer, calls in the Sand nins. She works her arts on Gaara, thereby giving him better control over the Shukaku. As of now, Gaara is able to fight with the Leaf nins and begin to repay the debt that he has to the others.

Just speculation of course... but it would be cool if I'm right i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

meroko01
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:46 PM
my opinion is that this is an interesting turn of events, even more interesting than when rock lee turned up. i like gaara and his sand moves alot and now when he seems to be alot stronger and also a good guy that makes it great.

oh i messed up on my first reply since i ddnt read thoroughly

and yes, i think if its skill-wise gaara's sand attacks and defense would be the coolest.. although he gets possesed by the shukaku when he falls asleep .. since he cnt control the shukaku anyway, this means poor gaara cant sleep at all T_T

PSJ
Mon, 06-21-2004, 10:41 AM
i guess something must have happened with that since he would be unstable as hell just like he was during the chuunin exam arc. but who knows maybe he still is unstable just in a diffrent way.....

Assertn
Mon, 06-21-2004, 11:48 AM
i'd be fine with him still not being able to sleep

its kinda sad, but its something that he has learned to live with...just like how lee learned to live with no ninjutsu or genjutsu.....