PDA

View Full Version : Gokusen????

j
Thu, 05-13-2004, 05:06 AM
I just heard somewhere that Gokusen has been licensed, does that mean there will be no more fansubs? will i never see the end of this quirky little series????

Munsu
Thu, 05-13-2004, 05:48 AM
i dont know how many times this has been asked and answered... just be patient and wait

lordks
Thu, 05-13-2004, 10:33 AM
I wonder if some one will make the live action....Sensei is hot..

Munsu
Thu, 05-13-2004, 11:56 AM
i heard someone make a post that there was a live-action available... i think they saw it in animesuki... im not sure though...

Klamp-X
Thu, 05-13-2004, 12:29 PM
there is a live action Gokusen, so far only 3 episodes have been subbed.

SpankyDaM
Thu, 05-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Thanks for letting us know that the episodes are still in the pipeline, like many I'm looking forward to the end of the series.

/me goes back to waiting patiently

Bunk
Fri, 05-14-2004, 10:04 AM
I noticed the live action Gokusen ages ago when I was doing a search on ebay.
One's up right now. She's cute. And I suppose that's supposed to be Shin. Too bad it's all in Chinese!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=418876911 8&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Do you know who is doing the subs for the live action? And where you can get them?

btw - This is such a fun series. The reason I started downloading it is pretty shallow. It had the name "Goku" in it, which made me give it a chance. heh. And I love DBZ. I know. Shoot me. But it's humor is hilarious. And I really like the characters. They left us with a little cliffie in episode 10, too. Shin's tough exterior finally seems to be cracked. And it's always engrossing to see a broken character rebuild himself.

Can't wait for episode 11. ^_^

btw - this is similar to the renowned GTO, right? I have a huge aversion to fanservice. It just seems to cheapen a show for me. So is there much fanservice in GTO? In Gokusen it was confined to the first episode, which is why I didn't put it down.

Munsu
Fri, 05-14-2004, 10:08 AM
In GTO there is no fanservice out of place... in fact, it helps build Onizuka's character.... so dont mind it... it is not overwhelming if that's what you are worried about... GTO is one of the best of all time and a classic that no one should miss

I also dislike fanservice, so take my word for it

Bunk
Fri, 05-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Sold. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I just bought it. I needed a new show to work out to in the mornings anyhow. If it's similar to Gokusen, then I'll probably love it.

And to answer my own question, someone just put up a fansubbed first episode of the Gokusen Live Action on bitTorrent. Check www.anime.mircx.com It's listed under today's date.

complich8
Sat, 05-15-2004, 01:03 AM
when I get back on the ball and help get some projects rolling again, you may see some gokusen live-action coming out of our pipes too.

lordks
Tue, 05-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Well I have the 3 eps they have @ animesuki.
and if you want to get the Jap ones here is were
http://www.nandaro.net/shop/index.cfm?intCATID=26010

Bunk
Mon, 05-24-2004, 06:27 PM
I bought GTO, and have been watching it - and it's a crack up. But I have to say - I definitely like Gokusen more. With GTO and Gokusen, they each seem to have an underlying moral to each episode/dilemma. With GTO however, those moral-to-the-stories don't feel natural. I can't relate to any of the characters. They all seem unbelievable and too fictional for the sake of fanservice/perversion/humor.

But with Gokusen, the characters seem far more endearing, and Yankumi has integrity from the get-go, which makes her character appeal way more to me than GTO. Granted, GTO is funny - a bit too tasteless in parts - but Gokusen is more character-driven (with more characters to drive it, if that makes any sense!)

I definitely prefer Gokusen out of the two. I wish it was longer than just 13 episodes. And I did pick up those 3 live action subs. lol. It's a trip to see the adaptation. I prefer the anime all day long, though.

lordks
Fri, 05-28-2004, 05:57 PM
hell yes the anime is way better...Yankumi looks beter in the live action...but the "action" is not that much fun...Hey did you see GTO live action?

yunz
Sun, 05-30-2004, 03:40 AM
Ya...I agree wif lordks...Anime is much better...Coz in anime u can exaggerate things but in live action u can't...And it is all these exaggerations which make the anime fun to watch...

SpankyDaM
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:55 AM
Have been waiting patiently, but seen no updates on this - are they still in the pipeline?

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:38 PM
I agree too that the anime was more funny, since it can be exaggerated more, plus I liked the dog in the anime, which wasn't in the live action...though they probably couldn't have had a dog like the one in the anime... or maybe they would have used a stuffed animal like in sailor moon like action - -;

j
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:43 PM
hey guys any eta on these last eps?

have/am being patient and i'm not trying to rush you but i will be moving out and loosing my broadband connection at the end of the month so downloading will become nigh on impossible. gotta try and get hold of the end of Gokusen, Paranoia Agent and Gantz would be nice too. but i understand these things take time and i'll probably not make it for the end of the month, but any further eps would be great.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:58 PM
dosen't seem like the last episodes will be subbed or something..been long time, but then again, was liscened

Munsu
Thu, 06-03-2004, 05:15 PM
it will be released in due time... just be patient...

Complich8 has said numerous times that they will finish it so just wait it out

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-08-2004, 04:08 AM
Well, looks like Gokusen 11 is out by AonE Can get it here (http://gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE]_Gokusen_-_11_[C925CABC].avi.torrent) i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

j
Tue, 06-08-2004, 05:59 AM
wooo hooo!

Aniki
Wed, 06-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
Well, looks like Gokusen 11 is out by AonE Can get it here (http://gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE]_Gokusen_-_11_[C925CABC].avi.torrent) i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ya,it is the only ep I missed
I got tge 12 and 13 in Chinese.......

Raven
Wed, 06-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Aniki, I've already told you in PM, but please resize your sig, the limit is 400*80. Thanks.

Munsu
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:00 AM
For those that hevent figured it out yet... episodes 12 and 13 are out!!!

Go get it and watch the conclusion of this wonderful series...