PDA

View Full Version : Naruto *IS* a genius

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:57 PM
i dont know if anyone realised it, beacuse i wasnt here at the time, but did anyone else realise that naruto was the only person who was CERTAIN fo pass the written chuunin exam? i noticed right from the start and thought it was going to be a little tiwst or somthing, but they didnt seem to even mention it (unless it was a flaw in the translation).

Gods_Son
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:20 PM
I think you saw a mistranslation. Not answering the questions wouldn't show booksmarts anyways.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:23 PM
naruto isn't a genius, he is an idiot. he didn't know how to solve any of the questions. he took a gamble on it betting his pass/fail chance all on one question and what a surprise, he passes. he's more lucky than smart.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:24 PM
to paraphrase the perosn giving the exam "you start with 12 points, for every question you get wrong you lose a point"
naruto got maximum points. cant say the same for anyone else.

Aeon
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Yea it had to be a mistranslation, Naruto was the only person not certian of passing the written exam since he didn't answer any question's. The only people that were smart enough to answer all the question's were Sakura and Shikamaru but he's to lazy to pick up the pencil.

Xrillo
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:26 PM
If i remember correctly, nobody was smart enough to answer them. they were junin level questions or something. the only ones that would answer them were the two that had the answers. those were the ones that everyone copyed off of.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:28 PM
no Aeon your not getting it. he was the only person SURE of passing it as he DIDNT answer them.

Gods_Son
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:29 PM
It was never meant to be a real written exam, Naruto is just stupid and didn't realize. The test was to see if you could gather information (cheat) without being caught. Naruto was awful at that too, so he just didn't fill out any of the questions, and got lucky in the end.

LostAngel
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:41 PM
KonohamaruCorps was right he didn't realize that the purpose of the test was to cheat and he was to stupid to know any answers so he didn't answer them and decided to chance it all with the 10th question.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
to paraphrase the perosn giving the exam "you start with 12 points, for every question you get wrong you lose a point"
naruto got maximum points. cant say the same for anyone else.

it was 10 points... you get deducted one point for every incorrect/unanswered answer... naruto answered ZERO correctly. no, actually, he didn't answer any of them. he was relying on sakura and sasuke to get near perfect scores so that they'll make up for his stupidity... also he was also relying on that last question which turned out to be the only deciding factor on whether or not you pass and naruto didn't know about that. therefor... he is lucky not smart.

SK
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:23 PM
i thought we all knew Naruto was dumb, but he sure does know a lot about ramen. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hinata-chan
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:30 PM
if naruto masterminded some way of duping Morino Ibiki

I THINK MAYBE PERHAPS that would have been mentioned - overanalyzing isn't going to get you anywhere

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:37 PM
no your wrong it NEVER said you get a point deducted for every question wrong. there fore regeardless of the last question naruto would have been the only one guranteed 100%

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:44 PM
chambers your SO wrong. watch the episode again......
it was a FLUKE that he passed....

by the way how did Choji pass it?

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:46 PM
look it was SUPPOSED to be a light hearted comment, of course i dont actually think hes a genius, but according to you guys my reasoning is incorrect, but its not. hes the only one who was guranteed to pass (apart form the two planted people of course!)

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:51 PM
look it was SUPPOSED to be a light hearted comment, of course i dont actually think hes a genius, but according to you guys my reasoning is incorrect, but its not. hes the only one who was guranteed to pass (apart form the two planted people of course!)

Well if you don't think so, then don't say it..............

Aeon
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:52 PM
After Ino used her mind transfer on Sakura, she said she had to pass the answer's on to him and Shikamaru so I'm guessing she mind transfered into both of them and wrote the answer's on their test's.

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon

After Ino used her mind transfer on Sakura, she said she had to pass the answer's on to him and Shikamaru so I'm guessing she mind transfered into both of them and wrote the answer's on their test's.

Pretty clever of you to thought of that. I'm pretty damn slow today.

El Duende
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Naruto was the only one to realize that he can became hokage without passing the last question, he would do it all by himself, that s a good point for naruto!!

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by: El Duende
Naruto was the only one to realize that he can became hokage without passing the last question, he would do it all by himself, that s a good point for naruto!!

It still doesn't prove that hes a genius.

Gobd
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Time to end this little argument, you all agree that you start with 10 points so I won't set that up. Here is exactly what the test giver guy points to on the board as translated in the Anbu_Aone episode 24 with the written chuunin exam.

"Example 1. All problems correct -> Your point total remains at 10
Example 2. Three problems incorrect-> Your point total is reduced to 7"

From that info Naruto is the only one doomed to fail as he answered none of the questions at all. Every teacher I've ever had in my life marks a question wrong if you don't answer it. From that info Naruto DID fail the test as he got 0 out of 10 points and he just got lucky because he is gutsy and was willing to bet it all on the last question. Damn, how come none of you had the 5 minutes to watch the episode again yourself? I registered just to stop this argument.

Oh and he's not exactly a genious he was the only one that didn't notice the test was to test your info gathering skills not you knowing how to do the problems on your own.

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Good job Gobd. You are amazing and it's your first post too. I just think that there is no need to check it up because I knew right off the bat that chambers is wrong.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:09 PM
yes but, after all 'Ninja's must think beyond the normal', therefore it doesnt say that if you dont answer it, you get it incorrect.
and as for all your teachers how mnay do you have that can breath fire or make it look like they turned into a tree trunk?

Gobd
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Ok now you're just trolling and not even doing a good job at it. Ninjas need to think beyond the normal as in they should of thought that the test was to gather info not answer the questions on their own. It doesn't matter what the hell a teacher can do they are still a teacher, and teachers grade things by marking things wrong when they are wrong. Unless the answer to a question is nothing, then answering nothing to that question is wrong. Stop trolling and admit you were wrong and are stupid then let your thread die.

Destiny
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:16 PM
lol chambers, give it a break. You're just making one mistake after another. Leaving a question blank is automatically wrong, if u went to school you'd know it's simple common sense. Naruto got lucky, that's all

Gods_Son
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:18 PM
yes but, after all 'Ninja's must think beyond the normal', therefore it doesnt say that if you dont answer it, you get it incorrect.
and as for all your teachers how mnay do you have that can breath fire or make it look like they turned into a tree trunk?

just shutup, stop embarassing yourself with these stupid theories

Jman
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Naruto is NOT a genius.

If another nin was to outsmart him in battle, that wouldn't be something to be really proud about.

lol @ chambers. seems like he's about 0 for 48 now.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:23 PM
iam wrong? how so. it STATES that if you get a question WRONG you lose a point. NOT if you dont answer, they are too diffrent things. so its YOU who is trolling. re wath the EP AGAIN and you will see that he distinctley says if you get it wrong, dont you think that if it was so important that they attempt the questions they would have told you? JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE. on the front of every exam i have ever sat (from SATS to A-Levels) its states 'ATTEMPT ALL QUESTIONS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED' in bold capital letters on the front, it is also notted that any stand in observeres convey this to any candidates before the start of the exam. and i should know because ive done the job mnay times before.

so whos trolling? me who take the words from the anime and takes what is implies right through the segement or you who brings your teachers in to it, and of course it matters what a teacher can do, just like how shikamaru is more likley to pass the latter exam for his latral thinking it also counts here. and also why should thinking beyond the normal only go one way, why should they only interpret it as an infomation gathering exam? also if thats truly what it was they they would have gathered form the infomation given that they would have indeed passed the test if they didnt answer any questions at all.

of course i know this is wrong in the CONTEXT (like i said failing the fact it was translated incorrectly naruto would have failed if it werenot for the last 'question') and again it looks like ill have to say it was initialy a light hearted comment to stop some flames coming my way, but in response to the flames if you take the language used, the ommision of the statement that you had to attempt the questions, the fact they are ninjas and are supposed to be observant as well as the fact its a infomation gathereing exam, iam 100% right.

kaigan
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:28 PM
shikamaru doesn't need help on that test. he passed it without even trying. he's just too lazy to do it.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:29 PM
no i was refering to the one much later on in the series, the chuunin exam.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:30 PM
no your wrong it NEVER said you get a point deducted for every question wrong. there fore regeardless of the last question naruto would have been the only one guranteed 100%

you're retarded.
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~s_kim/images/wrong.gif
this is directly from the manga. stop talking chambers, you're not accomplishing anything. not even getting a tiny portion of your point across.

NM
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:30 PM
iam wrong? how so. it STATES that if you get a question WRONG you lose a point. NOT if you dont answer, they are too diffrent things. so its YOU who is trolling. re wath the EP AGAIN and you will see that he distinctley says if you get it wrong, dont you think that if it was so important that they attempt the questions they would have told you? JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE. on the front of every exam i have ever sat (from SATS to A-Levels) its states 'ATTEMPT ALL QUESTIONS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED' in bold capital letters on the front, it is also notted that any stand in observeres convey this to any candidates before the start of the exam. and i should know because ive done the job mnay times before.

so whos trolling? me who take the words from the anime and takes what is implies right through the segement or you who brings your teachers in to it, and of course it matters what a teacher can do, just like how shikamaru is more likley to pass the latter exam for his latral thinking it also counts here. and also why should thinking beyond the normal only go one way, why should they only interpret it as an infomation gathering exam? also if thats truly what it was they they would have gathered form the infomation given that they would have indeed passed the test if they didnt answer any questions at all.

of course i know this is wrong in the CONTEXT (like i said failing the fact it was translated incorrectly naruto would have failed if it werenot for the last 'question') and again it looks like ill have to say it was initialy a light hearted comment to stop some flames coming my way, but in response to the flames if you take the language used, the ommision of the statement that you had to attempt the questions, the fact they are ninjas and are supposed to be observant as well as the fact its a infomation gathereing exam, iam 100% right.

...dude, calm down. Its not that important. All that was important in the test was to see who could handle the pressure. Geez, you think as if this kind of exam is in real life, where if you fail, you can never take it again.

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:33 PM
BUT THE THING IS NARUTO TOTALLY BLANKED OUT DURING THE EXAM. SO HE WASN'T EVEN THINKING BEYOND THE NORMAL. dammit. just stop please. by the way you're not even doing a good job by transfering the context of the anime to this forum. kakashi doesnt even know all the jutsus, but you state that the anime says so. thats so bs.

CoA
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Wow. This thread is just silly. chambers, if you're going to argue this based on what was actually said, then you need to think about it a little more clearly.

The first part is: "Example 1. All problems correct -> Your point total remains at 10"

This is the part you're ignoring. Only "problems correct" keep your point total the same. Last time i checked, "problems correct" = "problems answered correctly."

This means that the second part of the statement ("Example 2. Three problems incorrect-> Your point total is reduced to 7") implies that anything other than a correct answer is "wrong." So basically, not answering the questions = wrong.

sheesh...

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:36 PM
one point is subtracted from your initial total for every questions*ANSWERED* incorrectley

now i dont teach english YET.......but that supports me so thanks for posting that, you just proved my point! cheers!

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:38 PM
one point is subtracted from your initial total for every questions*ANSWERED* incorrectley

now i dont teach english YET.......but that supports me so thanks for posting that, you just proved my point! cheers!

whats the damn point of having an exam if you start off being perfect dammit................................ damn ur logics.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:41 PM
well iam sorry but if the anime states that, as well as the manga, then its correct.

also you hit the nail on the head when you said 'damn ur logics' thats what this was supposed to be, an obseravtion of logic that meant naruto would have passed if the final question didnt exsist.

Rek
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:45 PM
wow... this whole thing just totally made my brain mushy. Not only is the topic totally idiotic, and the content idiotic, but I now am idiotic for reading teh whole thing.

To everyone else. At least we can look forward to seeing so stupid its amusing topics from chambers in the future right?

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:45 PM
chambers, may i ask how old you are?

EDIT:
well, if you were gonna post anyway, you might as well have told me in that post... but here:
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~s_kim/images/pm.gif

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:48 PM
how do you send/ read pm?

well i dont seem to have that on mine (its all white) but iam 20.

SK
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:52 PM

lol chambers=unlimited ignorance. so your gonna tell me that answering incorrectley isnt the same as not answering? if you dont give a correct answer you get points subtracted, so, not answering is NOT a correct answer and results in getting points subtracted. i hope you use your logic on the SATs, just leave all your answers blank youll get a perfect 1600 and get into Harvard where you can demonstrate your flawless logic to the world.
EDIT: chambers how old are you? im surprised you know how to type

simplyxme
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:56 PM
this is really retarded..... is the answer a blank space? no. then its wrong. u think too much or somethings. its as simpel as that. if naruto really did do that then they would ahve mentioned it but they didnt so dont go and assume things and make up rules in ur mind... o.O he lucked out. the end.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:58 PM
why do you guys continue to argue even tho someone has printed a pic FROM the source!!! it CLEARLY states that if you get a question WRONG you get a point deducted. it says NOTHING about not answering it, and yes of course not answering is diffrent form getting it wrong, thats like saying taking the 5th is admiting your guilty.

Destiny
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Obviously. It says if you fail to answr any questions correctly, you fail; naruto did not answer a single question correctly. It's common freakin sense, try getting some. Jebus, i dunno if this is even worth it lol

CoA
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Yikes. Go back and look at #4 on that excerpt from the manga that was posted. "THOSE THAT FAIL TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS CORRECTLY WILL FAIL ALONG WITH THEIR TEAMMATES." I hope this finally makes things clear for you.

End of story.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:11 PM
your right!!

god how did it take so long for me (and everyone else) to see that!

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by: CoA
Yikes. Go back and look at #4 on that excerpt from the manga that was posted. "THOSE THAT FAIL TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS CORRECTLY WILL FAIL ALONG WITH THEIR TEAMMATES." I hope this finally makes things clear for you.

End of story.

nice!!! i/expressions/beer.gif i can't believe i didn't even see that.

Destiny
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by: Destiny
It says if you fail to answr any questions correctly, you fail; naruto did not answer a single question correctly. It's common freakin sense, try getting some. Jebus, i dunno if this is even worth it lol

I saw that in the first place, Jebus... You come up with such logic, but couldnt even realise the simple exam rules lol, its kinda funny how that works

gokudagreat
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Dude, it says that for every question answered incorrectly that you get a point deducted from you score. THAT MEANS THAT ANY ANSWER THAT IS NOT THE CORRECT ONE IS THEREFORE INCORRECT, IN OTHER WORDS NOT WRITING ANYTHING IS NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER, AND THEREFORE WRONG!

Jesus, i love Naruto, but even i know your wrong chambers

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:15 PM
yeah its kinda funny how you didnt post it either but instead chose to beat around the bush, at least mut@t@ admits he never saw it, just like everyone else, except for the seasond sage who did of course ^_^

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:16 PM
er goku, its been answered but YOU are still wrong, any idiot who can read, or even read YOUR msg can see that any question answered incorrectly is wrong, the key to that is you dont answer it.

but any way the rules state somthing to counter that, although you could simply answer one question to sidestep that, but thats besides the point!

Destiny
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:22 PM
lol i simply pointed it out cos no one else did, whats this about beating round the bush? Give it a break dude, seriously... Wanna start a massive rediculous debate of this as well?

Knives122
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Chambers your an idiot, your talking privelages have been revolked

SK
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:41 PM
seriously chambers even without that you can see a blank answer doesnt count as a correct answer.

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:45 PM
chambers you can't rely on fansubs...
know some japanese and you will understand.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:47 PM
s-k i know it doesnt vount for a correct answer, thats my point, its not an answer at all. and that doesnt deduct marks fomr your total.

but anyway this is over naruto would ahve failer because he didnt answer them all, if he just attempted one then by the leeter of the rules hw ould havr passed. you can say iam stupid as much as you like, but the fact remains i was right.

originalkrn
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:51 PM
No, Naruto didnt know it was like that. Even IF blank answers dont deduct your total, naruto didnt even think of that. So even if he wouldve been the only one to be certain to pass, he wasnt planning on it, so it did not require him to be a "genious". He was soooo stupid that it ended up making him look smart.

CoA
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Holy schlamoligans, you still think you're right?!?! This thread has no end in sight. Well, for me it does. I'm not wasting any more time on this stupidity. All of the facts are against you but you refuse to see that. I'll say it again... Sheesh!

Destiny
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:56 PM
omg, are you doing this on purpose? You have no common sense whatsoever. Let me tell you, everyone can call you stupid; they hav every right cos you still fail to realise you are wrong. If you just take a few seconds to think about it, rather than taking the effort to come up with all this nonesense, you will see what im talkin about. Just admit that you're wrong and everything will be fine, god damn...

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:00 PM
no CoA i dont think my initial gues was right, iam unlike these other people here, iam not an advocate of disbelieving something that is stated in black and white. i relaise that it was wrong to say he would have passed, however iam now arguing that not answering a question DOES NOT take a point off you, so in theory according to the rules you could answer ONE question only and still pass.

Knives122
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:00 PM
i think he does this in every thread he posts in, he contadicts himself like a moron

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:03 PM
i dont get some of you guys, first you base your argument on the fact that the rules say if you get a question wrong you lose a point, when confronted wiht the truth that if you DO NOT answer it it doesnt count as an answer you either choose to ignore it, OR refer to the 'its common sense' answer which in a fantasy setting is TOTALLY null and void. we cna only base our understanding on what they say.

rdkenshin
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:06 PM
no CoA i dont think my initial gues was right, iam unlike these other people here, iam not an advocate of disbelieving something that is stated in black and white. i relaise that it was wrong to say he would have passed, however iam now arguing that not answering a question DOES NOT take a point off you, so in theory according to the rules you could answer ONE question only and still pass.

What are you saying now? Naruto didnt answer any questions so your 1 answer=pass doesnt even matter.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:08 PM
*yawn*
i never said it did, what iam saying is that IF someone did that they would pass. where as some people seem to think they woudl fail.

rdkenshin
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Oh, well then your right about that.

But it doesnt matter anyway.

SK
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:12 PM
chambers you are the dumbest person ever, do you still actually believe you are right? or are you trying to get everyone annoyed? think about it, try to use some common sense, if you are taking a test that says every incorrect answer results in a -5, and you leave every question blank, that that will result in a perfect score?

Destiny
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:16 PM
i dont get some of you guys, first you base your argument on the fact that the rules say if you get a question wrong you lose a point, when confronted wiht the truth that if you DO NOT answer it it doesnt count as an answer you either choose to ignore it, OR refer to the 'its common sense' answer which in a fantasy setting is TOTALLY null and void. we cna only base our understanding on what they say.
*cough*
Rule 2 states that if u answer a question incorrectly, you lose a point, but rule 4 also states that if you do not answer a single question correctly, you fail, making it impossible for Naruto to pass unless he has at least one answer writtin down thats freakin correct. Get yer facts straight

Nara Tonymaru
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Chambers, tell me this, was special ed fun for you? Because anyone who was in a normal class would know that if you fail to answer a question, it's marked incorrect. By your logic, as I believe someone said earlier, you could score a 1600 on the S.A.T. by answering nothing, including not even writing your name, because you never know if you might mess that up, and by you, I don't mean the general public, I mean you, with the username Chambers, because only you could be that stupid, point in case, Naruto would have failed if not for the last question, because not only did he answer nothing, he couldn't even gather information.

Kumiriko
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Wow. a thread about naruto's Brain lasted 4 pages?

Ok ok. here is the deal. He isnt book smart. but he is life smart. End of Discusson

LostAngel
Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
Wow. a thread about naruto's Brain lasted 4 pages?

Ok ok. here is the deal. He isnt book smart. but he is life smart. End of Discusson

Agree!!! lmfao chambers is doing such a nice job of riling ppl up its funny. even though everyone is calling him stupid they still love to argue its so funny!! i love reading this thread!!

Himura_san
Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Naruto is a bumbling idiot of a ninja, I am surprised he has remained alive so far.
I think his character is made like this for comedic effect which on occasion works.
He absolutely is not booksmart and is quite unorthodox, he does have a strong will
and it seems that he does learn things as time goes on, so experience is his biggest
educator.
my $0.02

Cal_kashi
Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:09 PM
I believe i speak for everybody when i say LOCK THIS SHIT ALREADY

the topic at hand has been resolved, Repeatedly...
This Thread has nowhere good left to go

Kumiriko
Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Not needed but the conversation is over.

Himura_san
Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:20 PM
yeah, what they said.

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Can some one sum this up in a paragraph and lock it? cuz that would be great.

SK
Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by: jing
Can some one sum this up in a paragraph and lock it? cuz that would be great.

agreed

Cal_kashi
Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:29 PM
makin dinner... will sum up from an outsiders (ie not emotionally involver) pt of view in a min

Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:30 PM
this is too funny...
chambers... i'm sure if we started a thread on your brain, it would be even longer (20 pages?). But then again, after reading this thread, I can't be sure. I am only ASSUMING THE FACT THAT THE LONGER THE THREAD, THE SMALLER BRAIN WE ARE DISCUSSING

no offense... please refute my argument if u disagree

Cal_kashi
Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:40 PM
All righty... heres the play by play
Arguement is made that Naruto could have potentially had a perfect score on the chunnin exams b/c the ANIME only explicitly said that you lose a pt for a wrong answer and you start w/ 10 pts.
--- This lead to the belief that leaving a problem blank will in fact give a perfect score.
--- also lead to the arguement that Naruto is a genius.
------ this pt is refuted based on the fact that Naruto does not quite have the cognitive ability to make such a broad jump in logic, and it is seen that Naruto is HELLA stressed out showing that he did not make the connection (for himself) that no questions answered is a perfect score... although based on the Anime it is a possibility.

Many people respond saying the theory is wack but offer no proof, the theory originator is adamant that he is Right, on the basis that he is right.

Many flames are had

Eventually the Manga is quoted as showing that a blank test is a failure.

End of arguement... Naruto is not a genius but based on what is seen in the Manga

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Domo arigato gozaimashta.

j00b
Wed, 05-12-2004, 10:00 PM
think about it this way chambers

they said incorrect answers make you lose a point, right?
well i am guessing that a blank spot on the sheet is not the correct answer for the test.
Q.E.D.

kilzo
Wed, 05-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Christ i hate you chambers. I believe i said i wanted to kill you in last locked thread you made.

I swear your my sworn enemy now. Burn. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

I think its best that we just leave this open so chambers can have a place to talk about the crap he pulls out of his ass, and not have him make anymore.

If im not mistaken, this is 1 out of 3 naruto threads not locked that chambers originated, but likely to be locked...

At least your getting alot of attention, now everyone in the forums is going to know your name. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

V Read what he said, now everyone stfu its now "locked" (always wanted to say that...) V

Cal_kashi
Wed, 05-12-2004, 10:20 PM
After a summation of this entire post being done... I now officially proclaim (with my non-moderator powers) that this post is locked... NO MORE FLAMES, (if u gotta; PM him) no more posts...
IF the locked status is ignored the poster will be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly by hired goons... thats right... hired goons.

Kumiriko
Wed, 05-12-2004, 10:25 PM
I like Hierd Goons.

Cal_kashi
Wed, 05-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
I like Hierd Goons.

U were warned... My good friend Ping has determined your position... the hired goons are on their way

Kumiriko
Wed, 05-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Weeee!

gokudagreat
Wed, 05-12-2004, 11:58 PM
okay just incase no one has shut chambers up yet, im gonna make it short and sweet
you keep saying what naruto put was no answer at all, not an incorrect one, the only CORRECT answer is the CORRECT answer, unless the CORRECT answer is no answer at all, its therefore not the correct answer, which is the defenition of an INcorrect answer

i get pissed off by things like this

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by: gokudagreat
okay just incase no one has shut chambers up yet, im gonna make it short and sweet
you keep saying what naruto put was no answer at all, not an incorrect one, the only CORRECT answer is the CORRECT answer, unless the CORRECT answer is no answer at all, its therefore not the correct answer, which is the defenition of an INcorrect answer

i get pissed off by things like this

u too have incurred the wrath of the hired goons, your thumbs shall be broken and the spacebar will be painful to hit for the next two weeks... =P...
also, as much as i hate to do this, it prevents the furthering of the flame wars, Chambers arguement was that the test did not explicitely state that a blank answer was wrong. So we can not speculate one way or another, simply because we do not know for certain from the anime that a blank question is right or wrong, only common sense tells us that a blank is wrong. The manga answered this problem for us however, end of discussion

PSJ
Thu, 05-13-2004, 03:49 AM
wow its amazing how ppl can argue about useless shit like this. i have to join i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif naruto is not a genius hes just damn lucky. if you remember in the begining of the test ibiki said that you got a certain amount of points and when you answer wrong you lose points also if you dont answer any questions or answer all wrong you will automaticly fail. which makes naruto an incredibly lucky guy and not smart in any way.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-13-2004, 04:00 AM
The hired goons are sleeping, God its late, they will see you in the morning. say goodbye to your thumbs

SDShamshel
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:12 AM
Veering this somewhere else...

what about Hinata?

Hinata was willing to give her answers to Naruto (which showed she knew SOMETHING), and there were no signs of her cheating, i.e. veins all over her face.

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:16 AM
This thread is dead, im suprized ppl are still posting here... like me. Even if Hinata did show Naruto her answers, the chuunins would spot it pretty easily. Again it's a lucky chance Naruto sat next to Hinata whom was willing to help him pass

SDShamshel
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:20 AM
I was talking about how smart Hinata is.

Also, I chose not to read any of the topic after the first page, knowing where it'd go.

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:21 AM
lol yeah, so u dodged the flames. Surely Hinata used the Byakugan, they just didnt show it in the anime

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:27 AM
not to be a dick... but i dont see how this fits into the arguement that Naruto could have passed cuz the anime didn't state that not answering a question was getting it wrong

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:32 AM
He was trying to take this thread to a different direction. It's a waste of time raising that subject again anyway

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:38 AM
sorry, on the same note then, just to explicitly state is so drama doesn't ensue... is the new topic what methods would Hinata (and others) use pertaining to their abilities to pass the chunin exam given that they weren't aware that it was all a scam?

I now (with my magical un-moderator powers) re-open the thread to the new pseudo-topic. Any further speaking of Naruto or the test requirements/restrictions will still result in Hired Goons ariving at your door.

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:43 AM
I think he was simply stating that Hinata is probly intelligent becos we didnt see her use the Byakugan in the paper exam. I honestly dont see any other way she couldve gone about it tho

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:47 AM
makes sense, if she could visualize the chakra flow, she could watch the hand's chakra writing and make the same movements herself. Iono how'd she get away w/ it though, unless for the Byuakgen in particular the veins are just for show (to make you a little stronger and show ur a badass) like the visible vampirism in Angel and Buffy

itsgalf
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:51 AM
Hahaha, some of you guys are funny. chambers already said not to post that it's common sense or that an blank answer is not the correct answer. Some of you really need to read. Anyways, chambers, it's already been stated, but rule #4 just killed your argument, you just can't get around it.

And....one other guy said this...and he just hurt your argument too. You said that you got the rule not explicitly stating that a blank answer is incorrect from the original source (the manga). However, that is not the original source, the original source is the manga in Japanese. You can't trust the translators for perfectly structuring the sentence exactly how the writers meant it....so really, you're basing your argument on a potential translation error. Good going.

Well then, I can't believe I'm actually contributing to this thread.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by: itsgalf

Well then, I can't believe I'm actually contributing to this thread.

you were sufficiently warned... the hired goons are awake again and on their way to you... bwahahahaha

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:53 AM
makes sense, if she could visualize the chakra flow, she could watch the hand's chakra writing and make the same movements herself. Iono how'd she get away w/ it though, unless for the Byuakgen in particular the veins are just for show (to make you a little stronger and show ur a badass) like the visible vampirism in Angel and Buffy
neji did it, and he never got caught. Still, in order to see the chakra flow, they need to use the Byakugan me thinks, which means chronic veins.

EDIT: I cant believe you're contibuting to this thread as well lol. It's a bit late buddy, i think chamber's gone nigh nighs

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:56 AM
if Neji were to have his head between his arms as if he was sleeping on the desk he could still see the chakra flow although his face wouldn't be visible to anyone.

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:01 AM
Yeh that's true, u just answerd your own question i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:10 AM
I can't recall the episode well, and don't have it archived to refer too, but with a lack of ninjutso and genjutsu, how did lee pass?

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:19 AM
That's what i've pondered for a while and never got it. I remember Tenten telling lee to put his forhead protector on as she was toying with mirrors on the ceiling. Lee probly just looked at the mirrors and got the answers from someone elses paper, but i dunno what the head protector's for... plus he wouldve needed some damn sharp eyesight to pull that off (he shouldve just took the weights off and ran around the room). I'm suprized the chuunins didnt see those things on the ceiling

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:24 AM
i guess Lee coulda done an AbraCadabra no jutsu and really really quickly(w/ the speed only his arms have) pulled the answers out of his ass.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:26 AM
Yeah... makes more sense than what came out of chamber anyway.
I'm going to sleep like everyone else, probly see more hired goons in the morning if this thread aint gonna get locked.

SDShamshel
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:56 AM
The point of the head protector was simply Lee telling Tenten that he could see the answers.

Garlannd
Thu, 05-13-2004, 10:43 AM
Also it allowed Lee to look up at the magical flying mirrors in the classroom which she somehow managed to attach up there without anyone seeing them or without prior knowledge to what the first test would be.

Course shes a ninja so I guess it could happen

xTrunkZx
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:27 PM
i can see chambers point... and if you notice in naruto... wording is everything, as so in life. ANSWERING INCORRECTLY, of course you would have to answer to answer it incorrectly right?

How i see it, its just like the SAT's your not deducted for questions left unanswered.

chambers
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:58 PM
really? isnt that stupid for a REAL test.

but at last finally someone sees what i was talking about!!

SDShamshel
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:04 PM
The SAT is designed like this.

Unlike most tests which have a base of 100, and deduct points for answers wrong or left blank, the SAT builds up from a starting point of 200 (You get 200 points for signing your name).

From there, you build UP to a maximum of 1600 points.

You gain points for getting a question correct.
You lose points (less than the amount you would have gained if you got it correct) for getting a question wrong.
Nothing happens if you leave a question blank.

I think this is designed to prevent guessing on the test, though it's not that successful in this respect.

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:18 PM
lol man, gonna bring this up again? God dammit, this thread is never gonna get closed...
I guess if it's like the SAT's (which im not familiar with in my country), every genin starts of perfect with no room for improving their score? Then it would be pretty obvious to everyone not to do anything. Doesnt matter anyway, leaving a question blank is still not a correct answer, which is needed to pass

EDIT: This thread really should be closed, its just a waste of time.

SK
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:28 PM
great another fuckin idiot to add to chambers...are you guys like 10?

chambers
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:38 PM
no iam 20 i think its you guys who are the complete morons. why dont you understand that it doesnt say anywhere that a blank qurstion takes a makrd away from you? and to that destiny guy, you dont need a correct answer to pass ffs. you need 7 points isnt it? the only way to fail this exam is to a) get caught cheating b) ********ANSWER******** more than 3 questions incorectly or c) dont answer any at all.

is it so hard to understand that you are wrong? i mean sheesh how mnay times do i need to prove it. go back. look at the written rules kindly posted by mut@t@ i think, then tell me where it sayd if you do not answer a question you ge a point deducted...............hey how about this, ill save you the trouble! it does not say such a thing!!!

SK
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:46 PM
i hope your joking about being 20. are you in one of those retards for hire agencys? just because it doesnt blatantly say it, it also doesnt say that a blank answer counts as being a correct answer. and if you use a little common sense, which you dont have, then you would know that not writing anything at all would not count as a right answer.

id·i·ot (see chambers)

1.A foolish or stupid person.
2.A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive, except when regarding chambers.
3.chambers

jing
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Look if it were that easy, then everybody would have passed the exam. They aren't all dumbasses so they know leaving it blank will be an incorrect answer. why don't you leave your exams blank when you do it next time, and see if you will get marks deducted.... and if you don't? then your college is a retard college. and i don't think naruto's chunnin exam is for retards. because retards don't make it pass academy school.

chambers
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:57 PM
oh right nice row of flames there.............but nothing to counter my argument except 'its common sense'. is it common sense that you start with full points? is it common sense that its an infomation gathering exam? is it common sense that no matter what if you take the last question you pass? is it common sense than people can control puppets wiht there will?

no so clearly you can see they are living in a very diffrent world...............much like you appear to be. i originally thought you were level headed but idiotic guy, but now i see your some know it all 13 yr old who doesnt know *anything* in reality. he especially doesnt know anything about exams or reading.

ill say it AGAIN shall i? the exam *RULES* (as in a set of instrctions to be strictly adhered to) specifically say that you START with full points. for each question you ANSWER incorectly you lose a point.

so its really simple and any buffon can see apart from you obvioulsy that form the very definition of the rules a slong as you answer one question (right or wrong) you pass assuming you leave the rest blank.

no then that may not be the way it was supposed to be, or the way it was inteded but its a FACT its there in black and white in the anime.

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 07:58 PM
ffs chambers, only when i say im not going to post in this thread anymore you talk more shit. So i lied.
Rule 4 states "Those that lose all their points during the exam and those that fail to answer any questions correctly will fail along with their teammates."
There, you simply had to read, but noo... you needed someone to highlight it and take you one baby speech at a time for u to get it. What a sorry retard...

jing
Thu, 05-13-2004, 08:04 PM
[quote]
oh right nice row of flames there.............but nothing to counter my argument except 'its common sense'. is it common sense that you start with full points? is it common sense that its an infomation gathering exam? is it common sense that no matter what if you take the last question you pass? is it common sense than people can control puppets wiht there will?
[quote]

LOOK the gennins didnt know themself it was an information gathering exam, they just think its a written exam until afterwards........
why in hell would a blank answer be considered neutral and even on an exam that starts off with 10 marks??????????????
why in hell would a blank answer be considered neutral and even on an exam that starts off with 10 marks??????????????
then why don't i sleep thru the damn exam............................ life isn't that easy...

chambers
Thu, 05-13-2004, 08:07 PM
BEACUSE THATS WHAT THE RULES SAY
is that a good enough reason for you?
i will keep pointing out ITS NOT REAL LIFE so saying hey why dont you do that in your exams is a BS point. if it was like real life they would not have been encouraged to cheat, it wouldnt have been an impossibly hard exam.

jing
Thu, 05-13-2004, 08:09 PM
OK LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY, EVEN CARTOON EXAM SHOULDNT BE THAT EASY/RETARDED.

and stop saying the rules, its translated version, go learn some japs and you will understand that its no easy task to translate jap to english, which is why the rules may appear differently in japanese.

chambers
Thu, 05-13-2004, 08:11 PM
destiny it says those that fail to answer ANY corectley, so again a slight change you have to answer ONE question correct, then you leave wiht the full ten. so if you know one answer you pass. thats what any means.
in the oxford english dictionary the word ANY is described as i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gifne, no matter which of several. so those that answer one, no matter which of several cannot fail!! (note the plural on the word questions!)

EDIT: oh right jing i see so i prove you wrong and its a translation error (which i cant see that it is it seems to be ommited completley), whereas when it supported your view it was perfectly acceptable!

Gods_Son
Thu, 05-13-2004, 08:18 PM
This new theory of answering just one question and passing doesn't matter because Naruto left all of them blank. It has no significance in proving that Naruto is a genius.

jing
Thu, 05-13-2004, 08:18 PM
why do you rely on the translation EVERY SINGLE DAMN WORD. The translater CAN't translate naruto word by word, because it woulnd't make any sense in english. so they simply understand what it is, and they translate it to what we can understand, and now i understand that they should be more carefull, and add in little RETARD UNLOGICAL details like blank answers are right. jeez.... obviously they imply it, because they don't want to offend you by adding extra subtitles like "P.S. blank answers are considered to be incorrect!" its a waste of freaking file size.

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 08:22 PM
jesus christ, this is so stupid i think God is laughing at you chambers. You'd go thru so much trouble just to make an ass of yourself.
It's like you wanna take a trip to the next town, but instead you fly twice around the damn solar system and end up in the wrong freakin place.
I cant be bothered, think what u want. It's a waste of time posting to an illiterate fool.

jing
Thu, 05-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Last message im posting in this idiot thread

Hey have ever wondered why this thread hasn't been locked? its cuz the mods enjoy watching you act like a fool. another pretty good theory is that you've never went to school, and you've never learned to do a damn test/exam, hence you are illogical. makes perfect sense. good bye. (by the way kakashi does not know all the jutsus, you don't even know how to read, it only said he knew over 1000 jutsus.)

Assassin
Thu, 05-13-2004, 09:57 PM
i'll probably regret taking part in this idiotic discussion, but anyway.....

no iam 20 i think its you guys who are the complete morons. why dont you understand that it doesnt say anywhere that a blank qurstion takes a makrd away from you? and to that destiny guy, you dont need a correct answer to pass ffs. you need 7 points isnt it? the only way to fail this exam is to a) get caught cheating b) ********ANSWER******** more than 3 questions incorectly or c) dont answer any at all.

Chanbers, u said one way to fail is to no answer any questions at all, which is exactly what naruto did.....the last "question" was never a question. it was a scare tactic to see who had the determination to be a ninja.....they only CALLED it the tenth question.

Question: a)An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply. b) An interrogative sentence, phrase, or gesture.

since naruto never answered the 9 original questions, technically he failed. and since the last one wasn't even a question (they just told ppl to leave unless they were absolutely sure of getting it rite), he can't actually "answer" it.

therefore naruto isn't a genius (atleast no yet....he has potential, but thats a different story). it just so happened that the test was never designed to mean anyhting, it was only a cover for the real thing.

now, i just have one more thing to say....

WHY THE FUCK ARE PPL ACTUALLY DISCUSSING SOMETHIGN SO FREAKING STUPID!!!!! HOLY SHIT! LET IT GO, IT DOESN'T MATTER!

thank you for listning......mods, plz for the love of all that is good in this world, lock this damn thread!

Assertn
Thu, 05-13-2004, 11:31 PM
wow, a topic that was both created and posted on 7 pages worth before i even discovered its existence!!

chambers, the only time that a blank response to a question is correct is if the question is "what is nothingness?" or "fill in the area below the question with a color similiar to that of fresh milk"

Mut
Thu, 05-13-2004, 11:41 PM

no so clearly you can see they are living in a very diffrent world...............much like you appear to be. i originally thought you were level headed but idiotic guy, but now i see your some know it all 13 yr old who doesnt know *anything* in reality. he especially doesnt know anything about exams or reading.

ill say it AGAIN shall i? the exam *RULES* (as in a set of instrctions to be strictly adhered to) specifically say that you START with full points. for each question you ANSWER incorectly you lose a point.

so its really simple and any buffon can see apart from you obvioulsy that form the very definition of the rules a slong as you answer one question (right or wrong) you pass assuming you leave the rest blank.

no then that may not be the way it was supposed to be, or the way it was inteded but its a FACT its there in black and white in the anime.

you talk about common sense so much, but hey... is it common sense to leave a test question blank and expect it to be a correct one???

and shall i say it again? the exam rules says this:
THOSE THAT FAIL TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS CORRECTLY WILL FAIL ALONG WITH THEIR TEAMMATES.

when you leave a question without a proper response (example: leaving it blank), that question is not answered correctly. therefor it is an incorrect answer which results in a point deduction.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-14-2004, 12:16 AM
HAHAHA! This is great. For once though it would be nice to see someone say "end of discussion" and it's actually the end of the discussion, cuz this needs to end.

Krbadass
Fri, 05-14-2004, 12:43 AM
"end of discussion"