PDA

View Full Version : ZELDA

tensai
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:20 AM
OHFG this game looks sweet. I just saw the trailer on ign. Go check it out, its nothing like the cel shaded version (wind waker).
Its gonna come out on 2006 i think, thats a hella long way, but they should take their time on making it a great game.

XwingRob
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:51 AM
A trailer on IGN???

*Runs to check out trailer

Assertn
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:53 AM
you guys couldve just added it to the "nintendo at E3" topic

but yes......looks like ocarina of time + the models and detail of ssb melee......
which is always a good thing

i wonder where in the zelda storyline this would take place

tensai
Wed, 05-12-2004, 11:27 AM
oops, i didnt notice the Nintendo e3 topic until just recently.
i personally think that the game is going to pick up some time after OOT, maybe Ganon broke out of the barrier, anyone notice how in past games, its either ganon comes back or a new story but with the same enemies.

SK
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:12 PM
yeah it looks like ocarina of time in next gen 3D. this game is gonna kick ass

sangai
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:22 PM
you have just made my day.

now i don't regret buying the gamecube. and they said there wasn't any good games for it.

is now on the hunt.

figures its ig. damn i don't have an account with them.

some one know of another place to view it.

Vagabond
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:54 PM
here (http://www.gametrailers.com)

BTW MP2 and RE4 look pretty badass too. Looks like it's gonna be a good year for the GCN. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

AkimichiChouji
Sun, 05-16-2004, 10:26 PM
OMG thats awesome...tho it looks liek a little battle from lord of the rings with the beasts etc...but awesome!!!

Assertn
Mon, 05-17-2004, 12:09 AM
anyone know how the zelda storyline works? i heard that it kinda goes backwards.....with the 1st NES game being the farthest along in the story

lets see.....
ocarina of time is the only one with "ganondorf", so i'd say thats the first one
then link to the past (ganon's banished to the dark world)
then the 1st nes one (ganon makes it into the light world and kidnaps zelda)

majora's mask fits after ocarina of time, the gba zelda fits uh......after link to the past?
no idea about the 2nd nes one, never played that

but then it seems wind waker goes past ALL the zelda games to a time where hyrule's actually destroyed...

i wonder if this newest one will precede wind waker

Raven
Mon, 05-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Phew, that trailer looks awesome.........

We can only cross our fingers that it won't just be more of the same with better graphics.... I'd like some innovation too.

We can trust Nintendo, they'll deliver.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 05-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Yeah that trailer is sweet. Personally I prefer the look of they promised us for wind waker (beofre they did the 180 spin and made it what is). I really want to play a truly dark zelda game. But this is far from a complaint. Link owns all, has for years, and forever will.

Knives122
Tue, 05-18-2004, 03:35 PM
I've never played any Zelda game in my life, because of all little stupid things they put into it, but after seeing the trailer im willing to make an exception

Vattha
Tue, 05-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
lets see.....
ocarina of time is the only one with "ganondorf", so i'd say thats the first one

majora's mask fits after ocarina of time, the gba zelda fits uh......after link to the past?

but then it seems wind waker goes past ALL the zelda games to a time where hyrule's actually destroyed...

Pretty nice timeline, but the Gameboy Zeldas were kinda the nowhere I think.

edit: I said storyline instead of timeline

Raven
Tue, 05-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
I've never played any Zelda game in my life, because of all little stupid things they put into it, but after seeing the trailer im willing to make an exception
What stupid little things? Don't make statements like that without backing it up. Zelda never has stupid things.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-05-2004, 07:28 PM
I don't think Zelda has stupid things, always thought they were awesome games. But , was happy to hear about the new Zelda comming out, especially since it's not cel shaded (though i did like wind waker) but the preview for the new game looks great..i know know someone who watches the trailer at least once a day

SaSuKeRuLeS
Sat, 06-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? DUDE.... someone stole your childhood.....

Assertn
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:32 AM
what part of the original zelda was stupid? the black 8 bit sprites that alternated positions every other frame, or the green and tan colored sprite that became a white and tan colored sprite when the blue round sprite was purchased with the diamond shaped sprites?

honestly, if youve ever been a true gamer, then you couldnt possibly have a sense of "stupid things" with games back in those days......those were the days when plumbers from brooklyn could save a princess of mushroom people and NOBODY would even think twice about that

it was all about gameplay back then.....which unfortunately isnt as much the case these days i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Raven
Sun, 06-06-2004, 01:03 AM
what part of the original zelda was stupid? the black 8 bit sprites that alternated positions every other frame, or the green and tan colored sprite that became a white and tan colored sprite when the blue round sprite was purchased with the diamond shaped sprites?

honestly, if youve ever been a true gamer, then you couldnt possibly have a sense of "stupid things" with games back in those days......those were the days when plumbers from brooklyn could save a princess of mushroom people and NOBODY would even think twice about that

it was all about gameplay back then.....which unfortunately isnt as much the case these days i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
*Sniff* Your post brings a tear to my eye...... BRING BACK THE DAYS OF OLD! Like you said, it was all about gameplay. *sigh* I miss those days.

Mut
Sun, 06-06-2004, 01:20 AM
wtf, assrtn! are you trying to make us cry?!?! =*(

heartless bastard!

EDIT: zelda has no flaws, it never had any, and it never will! >=(

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:30 AM
v_v probably is trying to make us cry, remembering the old days.. well, anways, i agree that zelda dosent' really have any flaws..such a superb game series

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:44 AM
Yeah, my childhood was stolen by not having money for systems. It's all good though. I'm currently playing all the old classics on NES and SNES. Trying to beat Contra 3 right now. That game is excellent in every respect, specially gameplay and difficulty (impossibility is more like it). Stopped playing Zelda 2 cuz I can't make my way through Ganon's castle. That game is awesome. I hope they make him as powerful in a future 3D version of that game. I'll try beating that this summer. I've beaten every other zelda game on NES, SNES, and N64. I'm skipping wind waker, and I'll pick up the game boy games one of these day. Zelda is the greatest game series known to man.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:52 AM
how come you are skipping wind waker?

Raven
Sun, 06-06-2004, 03:09 AM
Skipping Wind Waker? BIG, BIG mistake buddy. You're REALLY missing out.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 03:12 AM
Yeah that's what i was going to say but was wondering why he was skipping it

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-06-2004, 03:16 AM
I had this image in my head about what link should be like after playing all the other game. Then, when they first started talking about wind waker (I don't think they had the titles out at the time) they showed screen shots of what it was suppose to look like. You might have seen them. If you didn't, I'll find a link and post it if you're interested. It was so dark and serious, and I was drooling. Always wanted the series to take that type of a turn. Then, they switched directions completely. They went with what eventually came to past. I could not belive it. I was traumatized. I'm still not over it till this day. Maybe one day in the future, when I'm a bit older and less narrow minded, I'll find the strenght to play that game. Till then, I'll just wait for future titles.

v I did try it out a couple of times, and yeah the gameplay was brilliant blah blah, but I still couldn't get over it v

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 03:23 AM
aw *pats uchiha barles* Just have to get over it, but that's cool that you say you have played it and like gameplay, so just a matter of time

miaka
Tue, 06-08-2004, 12:18 AM
zelda is kewl

AkimichiChouji
Tue, 06-08-2004, 03:33 PM
anyone know how the zelda storyline works? i heard that it kinda goes backwards.....with the 1st NES game being the farthest along in the story

lets see.....

Remember the original trailer that was the apparent WW? And how they scrapped the project and made the cell animation one instead? Maybe they are reopening that one both those trailiers looked very similar....so many we will see that finally on the GC i hope i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I want a sequal to WW it would be so freakin awesome and i don't mind the cell shading i thought it was cool!

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-08-2004, 04:09 PM
yeah, i didn't mind the cell shading either so, wouldn't mind a sequal to WW

sexy_no_jutsu
Tue, 06-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by: AkimichiChouji

Remember the original trailer that was the apparent WW? And how they scrapped the project and made the cell animation one instead? Maybe they are reopening that one both those trailiers looked very similar....so many we will see that finally on the GC i hope i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I want a sequal to WW it would be so freakin awesome and i don't mind the cell shading i thought it was cool!

that wasn't a trailer, it was just a tech demo. the spaceworld 2001 demo was not to promote a new zelda, but to showcase the capabilities of the cube.

and I want another cell-shaded game like the wind waker too. though the upcoming zelda:the minish cap for the gba seems to take over the style of the game a bit and the soon to be released four swords adventure does too, I would not mind a full 3D cel-shaded game again. the fact that such a great game got bashed only because of the graphics made me a sad panda:'(

Assertn
Tue, 06-08-2004, 05:51 PM
sorry guys ::tear rolls down cheek:: i...i was just...you know...playin some of the original zelda lately...and i JUST COULDNT HELP IT..... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

oh, and the gameplay in windwaker is great...i like the sword moves you can pull off...but i do agree with some critics about how too much time is spent sailing around and not in dungeons

chambers
Tue, 06-08-2004, 05:56 PM
link's awakening was the best. i fuckin love bow wow.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-08-2004, 07:55 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif That's okay Assertin ... i also do agree with how there was a bit too much time spent sailing... would have liked more time in dungeons and whatnot, but was still a good game

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 06-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
link's awakening was the best. i fuckin love bow wow.

Yeah that was definitely the best game...by Zelda game standards it held my attention for longer than the others...good music too...

Jman
Wed, 11-24-2004, 07:24 PM
3 New Zelda Screenshots (http://www.the-magicbox.com/0411/game041123c.shtml)

Deblas
Wed, 11-24-2004, 10:13 PM
yea, these days some people wont play old games because of how it looked. It hapened to me with a zelda game and ff7 which i told my little brother to try out but said that the graphics and such was stupid

NM
Sat, 11-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
yea, these days some people wont play old games because of how it looked. It hapened to me with a zelda game and ff7 which i told my little brother to try out but said that the graphics and such was stupid

Was the Zelda game you showed your brother Ocarina of Time? Because it may be old but those graphics still look great to me. And I can't wait for this new Zelda to come out, those screens look badass animemaster!

Deblas
Sat, 11-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster

Originally posted by: Deblas

Was the Zelda game you showed your brother Ocarina of Time? Because it may be old but those graphics still look great to me. And I can't wait for this new Zelda to come out, those screens look badass animemaster!

yep. thats the one. just because it doesnt look like Halo2 it doesnt mean its not good right?

Jman
Sat, 11-27-2004, 06:49 PM
i understand where you're coming from. i've seen many ppl who play games solely based on it having good gfx. aw well it's their loss.

SeifeR
Sat, 11-27-2004, 08:24 PM
this game looks way too amazing. I loved ocarina of time, I just wish Zelda plays a big part in this game, i loved how she helped out in the fight vs Ganon on Wind Waker. If they do something like that and have temple's this will be my favorite zelda!

Assertn
Sat, 11-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
i understand where you're coming from. i've seen many ppl who play games solely based on it having good gfx. aw well it's their loss.

yes, but same goes for anyone in this topic who is anxious to get the new zelda yet never played wind waker

Deblas
Sat, 11-27-2004, 11:35 PM
you know. the only thing that i don't like about the zelda games are that it's always a different link. the story just goes like a few centuries later and there a new link with the old one being forgotten or a legend of some sort

Assertn
Sun, 11-28-2004, 12:39 AM
not necessarily, only the wind waker formally announced that its a different link

samsonlonghair
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:02 AM
My god. I am so far behind. I played the original Legend of Zelda for Nintendo (the gold cartridge was cool). I loved that game, but wasn't a big fan of later nintendo consoles. I owned a Sega Genesis, and saw nothing on Super NES that impressed me enough to buy one. Virtual Boy was quite possibly the worst console ever made. I still dislike N64 to this day. For that reason I never played another Zelda game. Still, I remember the original.

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Virtual Boy? I never heard of that console before

Assertn
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:46 PM
virtual boy pwned.....i wanted to get one when they were discontinued and only $20, but my mom didnt let me i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Whoaaaaa. 20 bucks for a console. must have been really bad. what company made it?

Assertn
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:53 PM
nintendo

its not that it was bad, it was pretty awesome actually
its just that alot of people got sick or had headaches after 15 minutes.........those pansies

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 02:06 PM
hmm, i think ive seen the virtual boy but i was little at the time so i wouldnt know about people getting sick or headaches. did the controller have a rectangular shape?

KaneInferno
Sun, 11-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Zelda...this new game will make 13, more than FF, at the moment(I'm only counting the REAL FF games, not the ones with no numbers)

samsonlonghair
Thu, 12-02-2004, 11:53 AM
Virtual boy was meant to be a portable, relatively cheap virtual reality system. Basically, You put your eyes up to a screen that only showed black and red for some reason. It did give you really awful headaches for some reason. Truthfully, I wanted one until I actually played the demo they had set up in Sears. Contrary to what you may have heard, it did not pwn anything.
http://www.n64emu.com/img/history/virtual_Boy_Nintendo.jpg

I don't know if they ever made a Zelda game for virtual boy, but I'm sure they planned one.

Assertn
Thu, 12-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by: samsonlonghair
Contrary to what you may have heard, it did not pwn anything.

I don't know if they ever made a Zelda game for virtual boy, but I'm sure they planned one.

heard? excuse me? i've played a demo of it just the same
and i thought mario clash was hella cool

samsonlonghair
Thu, 12-02-2004, 04:13 PM
You misunderstand me AssertnFailure. I was not adressing you; I was adressing those who have never heard of virtual boy. I was referring to you as the source. Other people who viewed this thread heard from you that it "pwned" so to speak.

Assertn
Thu, 12-02-2004, 04:40 PM
yes well you're still terribly mistaken i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Deblas
Fri, 12-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by: samsonlonghair
Virtual boy was meant to be a portable, relatively cheap virtual reality system. Basically, You put your eyes up to a screen that only showed black and red for some reason. It did give you really awful headaches for some reason. Truthfully, I wanted one until I actually played the demo they had set up in Sears. Contrary to what you may have heard, it did not pwn anything.

ohh yea i remember now. i was in 4th grade when it came out. i remember playing it in a friends house and i actually liked it. that mario tennis game was awesome

Jman
Sat, 12-04-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
zelda has no flaws, it never had any, and it never will! >=(

Yea. The only shitty Zelda game made was The Legend of Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon for CDI.
nintendo should've never allowed phillips to use their characters to make that game.

animefreak
Sat, 12-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Zelda, i remember playing that game when i was 10, Zelda link to the past. Is Zelda a man? cuz i'm sure he's a man but the game make him looks like a kid.

Deblas
Sat, 12-04-2004, 07:22 PM
"sighs" Zelda is a girl AF. The man dressed in green is Link

samsonlonghair
Sun, 12-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah, Zelda is the Princess that Link is supposed to save.

Assertn
Sun, 12-05-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
zelda has no flaws, it never had any, and it never will! >=(

Yea. The only shitty Zelda game made was The Legend of Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon for CDI.
nintendo should've never allowed phillips to use their characters to make that game.

i thought there were 2 zelda games for the CDI