PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo at E3

ComeComeParadise
Tue, 05-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Nintendo has revealed it's Dual Screen system and a video of the new Legend of Zelda game. The DS looks pretty nice, and the new Zelda game looks incredibly badass. Check it all out at:
Nintendo E3 report (http://www.nintelligent.net)

SK
Tue, 05-11-2004, 11:48 PM
FINALLY!!!! ive been waiting since ocarina of time and majoras mask for a real zelda adventure, that looks to be one. they should have done this from the beginning instead of that stupid cartoon.
EDIT:they took away Link's tights!!
http://www.nintelligent.net/gamemedia/2143/051104_zelda-gcn_ss-07.jpg

Assertn
Tue, 05-11-2004, 11:59 PM
yeah, and nintendo's DS totally kicked the PSP's ass too i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

originalkrn
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:43 AM
sadly to say.. nintendo has been sucking. Even though that zelda game looks totally badass, they seem to have only 1 or 2 good games every year... I used to be a huge nintendo fan, but ever since n64 where tehy lost a lot of their contracts (ex: Final Fantasy series which SNES used to have), it has been depressing. XBOX however is only rising and rising, barely making any mistakes. They have incredible new games and its a brand new console. Playstation has just rocked, even though PS1 game were way better than PS2. Im predicting, XBOX will dominate the console world like Bill Gates dominated the PC world. Then it would be sony, and nintendo might just end up fighting a hand-held battle in the future.

Assertn
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:54 AM
what the? xbox? do people still play those things?

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:09 AM
omg... the new zelda looks so awesome...

and xbox won't dominate cuz its games suck ass. its only popular game, which isn't even that good, is halo. all their fighting games suck compared to what ps2 has and its rpg games are mediocre.

Lego
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:29 AM
Zelda like that is awsome, i watched the video.. just awsome

all i can really say about it is... awsome...

XwingRob
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:55 AM
That Zelda trailer is sweet!!
Edit: I"m assuming its taking place after the events in Wind Waker...

Grey_wolf
Wed, 05-12-2004, 05:08 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss!!!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SK
Wed, 05-12-2004, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by: originalkrn
sadly to say.. nintendo has been sucking. Even though that zelda game looks totally badass, they seem to have only 1 or 2 good games every year... I used to be a huge nintendo fan, but ever since n64 where tehy lost a lot of their contracts (ex: Final Fantasy series which SNES used to have), it has been depressing. XBOX however is only rising and rising, barely making any mistakes. They have incredible new games and its a brand new console. Playstation has just rocked, even though PS1 game were way better than PS2. Im predicting, XBOX will dominate the console world like Bill Gates dominated the PC world. Then it would be sony, and nintendo might just end up fighting a hand-held battle in the future.

are you crazy? i had forgotten e3 came so quickly and went to ign to see some more coverage and Nintendo is kicking Sony's ass right now at E3. XBox is going down i think, Halo gets old after a while, and why pay for online play. I think Nintendo is back in the console wars with the new DS, Zelda, Starfox, PokeMon in 3D, Metroid etc. im not counting Nintendo out yet I think 04-05 will be
1.PS2
2.Nintendo
3.XBOX

Destiny
Wed, 05-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-

are you crazy? i had forgotten e3 came so quickly and went to ign to see some more coverage and Nintendo is kicking Sony's ass right now at E3. XBox is going down i think, Halo gets old after a while, and why pay for online play. I think Nintendo is back in the console wars with the new DS, Zelda, Starfox, PokeMon in 3D, Metroid etc. im not counting Nintendo out yet I think 04-05 will be
1.PS2
2.Nintendo
3.XBOX

Agreed. Sony still doesnt really hav any real competition at the moment, but Nintendo might get back in the game, i personally dont think so tho. Xbox still doesnt hav any good games, and doesnt look like it's getting anywhere either.
btw: Notice how the Xbox slogans are pretty crap. First it was "Games are better on Xbox" then it was "It's good to play together"... I always wonder why they dont come up with sumthing better everytime i see an Xbox advert on TV. Unless im missing something, it sounds pretty hollow; unlike the Playstation adverts that are mental and catches more attention.
Anyhow, i dont want this to go off topic, just mentioning while its still in my head.

Lego
Wed, 05-12-2004, 11:34 AM
whats the song in that trailer?

sexy_no_jutsu
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:17 PM
for anyone who is interested, download the whole press conference here (http://yamauchi.selwerd.nl/~e32004/nintendo-persconf/nintendoconf_e32004_wmvlow.wmv) it is 223 MB, but its worth it. it shows nintendo is still alive and kicking butt.

EDIT: ahhh, it has been taken off:S

EDIT 2: go here (https://http://www.e3insider.com/articles/floored/63TIV6VPE1.htm) for a summary of the nintendo conference + the full zelda/metroid prime 2: Echoes/Resident Evil 4/ Starfox trailers

AlbinoFury
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:57 PM
nintendo has 6 must buy games for just this year.

1. Zelda
2. Metroid prime 2
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Star Fox
5. Viewtiful Joe 2
6. Paper Mario 2

can any of the other competitors say the same thing? i think not, maybe sony is close, but then again its sony.

Xbox only has one good must buy game in the works, and its been in the works for decades i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif cough . . . Halo 2 . . . .

So definitely a massive day for nintendo i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SK
Wed, 05-12-2004, 05:23 PM
agreed, agreed. plus it might take a while but eventually Halo 2 will come out for PC anyway, and the keyboard is the ultimate controller. im finally getting a gamecube, im getting a job at my uncle's restaurant (i dont know why i cant spell it right now) as one of those people that takes the dishes away from the table.

AlbinoFury
Wed, 05-12-2004, 05:42 PM
bust boy?

originalkrn
Wed, 05-12-2004, 11:42 PM
all nintendo relies now, nowadays, are sequals. Originallity is whats lacking. XBOX has mediocre RPGs? KoToR got game of the year i beleive. Also, Splinter Cell was first an XBOX only game, which is also a very great game. XBOX games are good cuz theyre original, and they.. have to be because Xbox is a new console. I dont have an XBOX, i have a PS2. I also have a GCN, but my bro took that. And i dont play any of my consoles at all. But i do occassionally borrow my friend's xbox to play it. Lucky for Nintendo, they are absolutely dominating the handheld department. I dont really care for their "slogans" or that nonsense. Its all about gameplay. Whats fun and whats not is wat matters. I really really enjoyed FFX on PS2 and gta. And mario kart for GCN is really cool too.

i really havnt looked into the console thing in a long time. Ever since N64, ive lost desire in them. PC games are far better, multiplayer, singleplayer, anything. Mainly because of Blizzard tho, PC has been my favorite.

HimizujinEternia
Thu, 05-13-2004, 01:35 AM
It's really to each his own in the console world, but for me, Nintendo's DS and Zelda announcements have made me the happiest man alive.

First, the DS looks like one slick piece of hardware, exceeding all of my expectations in terms of appearance and games. However, I'm gonna hold back on buying one until either a price drop or a bunch of downright must buy games. Oh, and hooray for backwards combadability!

As for the new Zeldas (GCN and GBA,) both look great. I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the Wind Waker graphics, and I can still see hints of them in the new one. While the textures look more realistic, the animation is just as fluid as it was in Wind Waker. Normally, I don't obsess over graphics, but these new Zelda games have been exceptions. So... pretty... And as for the GBA Zelda... I'm gonna get it simply because it looks amusing.

Yeah, I'm a Nintendo fan, always have been, always will be. Although their innovation has been kinda lacking in recent years, they still make exceptionally good games and consoles, and every purchase of mine from them has not been a disappointment. And as for other Nintendo stuff.... PAPER MARIO 2! KICK ASS! So what if they're sequels? I'm an old fashioned gamer; more of the same is perfect for me.

Mut
Thu, 05-13-2004, 01:47 AM
KoToR got game of the year i beleive.

kotor was such a better as a pc game. and all FF games are better than 97% of the games in its genre.

ComeComeParadise
Thu, 05-13-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by: HimizujinEternia
It's really to each his own in the console world, but for me, Nintendo's DS and Zelda announcements have made me the happiest man alive.

That is exactly how I felt when I heard the news and saw the screenshots\movies. Personally, I've been praising the GBA for a while now as the best console on the market at this point (because I am a huge SNES advocate) and the game selection for the GBA is best in my opinion. Now that Nintendo has the seemingly superior DS (12-player wireless support, 3D graphics, dual screens, touch-screen capabilities, voice-activation, plus the immense 3rd-party support) which has backwards-compatibility with the GBA, I think Nintendo is definitely gonna beat out Sony in the handheld race. Meanwhile, Nintendo's console releases look huge this year, with Starfox, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2; even if Sony has the mainstream support, Nintendo without a doubt has the more quality releases.

EDIT: Who's Microsoft?

XwingRob
Thu, 05-13-2004, 03:09 AM
I'm seeing more videos of DS games in action. WOW!!!

ComeComeParadise
Thu, 05-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Where did you find the DS videos?

SK
Thu, 05-13-2004, 01:31 PM
EVERYONE relies on sequels nowadays, or on rip offs of other games. why do people still have their xbox? ill tell you why, theyre all waiting for Halo 2. i would laugh hestircally if they fucked up Halo 2 because in my opinion their whole console is riding on that game.

DarkBahamut
Fri, 05-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by: AlbinoFury

1. Zelda
2. Metroid prime 2
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Star Fox
5. Viewtiful Joe 2
6. Paper Mario 2

can any of the other competitors say the same thing? i think not, maybe sony is close, but then again its sony.

Xbox only has one good must buy game in the works, and its been in the works for decades i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif cough . . . Halo 2 . . . .

So definitely a massive day for nintendo i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Well Sony have 2 Title that will bring in about the same amount of profit

FFXII And Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater

Assertn
Sat, 05-15-2004, 12:21 AM
im just lookin forward for metroid prime 2, the new zelda, pikmin 2 (maybe just a rent, but i think 2 player mode looks cool), and mario tennis

ComeComeParadise
Sat, 05-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Nintendo = God of Video Games

Trip
Sat, 05-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by: AlbinoFury

1. Zelda
2. Metroid prime 2
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Star Fox
5. Viewtiful Joe 2
6. Paper Mario 2
[/IMG]

cross out the two capcom games (RE4 and VJ2) and all that you're left with is Nintendo titles...

It's a shame there are not more high profile developers doing stuff for nintendo, hopefully the DS will help sling shot Nintendo back into the lead of the console war, with Square-Enix looking like they will be doing stuff for the DS, aswell as FF:CC for the GC, one can only hope they Square will do more and more titles for them.

Long live Nintendo! the true innovators in the console realm, taking risks and pushing things forward i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

rdkenshin
Sat, 05-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Zelda is really looking amazing. I love the lighting and of course the gameplay will be the best part. Re4 looks even better though everything looks so real and they dont even use cutescenes, it looks THAT good. Viewtiful joe was fun so I will naturally be buying the 2nd one. And Ill be buying a DS when it first comes out.

Halo2 will be really good too.

Nintendo owned e3.

EDIT: Also pikmin 2, the first was fun and 2player will make it better.

Lego
Sat, 05-15-2004, 11:10 PM
the song in the devil may cry 3 trailer is awsome

Knives122
Sat, 05-15-2004, 11:16 PM
yeah, DMC 3 looks badass, that guy in the blue trenchcoat(probably his brother) is sweet too, and that sond is awsome

DarkBahamut
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
yeah, DMC 3 looks badass, that guy in the blue trenchcoat(probably his brother) is sweet too, and that sond is awsome

Dante have a brother?

ComeComeParadise
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by: rdkenshin
Zelda is really looking amazing. I love the lighting and of course the gameplay will be the best part. Re4 looks even better though everything looks so real and they dont even use cutescenes, it looks THAT good.

Resident Evil 4 looks pretty, but I'm sure the gameplay is going to be more of the same, no true innovation...and what's a game with good graphics but redundant gameplay? Trash. Same with Devil May Cry 3.

Trip
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:32 AM
woah, just got the DMC3 trailer on the recommendations above..... very nice, looks like it will be worth getting (I skipped on even playing DMC2 after hearing how bad it was)

MadMachine
Wed, 05-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Yeah the Nintendo DS is really nice, seeing it in person was a sight to behold and the graphics are crazy for a hand held. And it will be interesting to see how game developers use the second screen to their advantage.

kira_blade
Wed, 05-19-2004, 04:59 PM
I bought my PS2 2 years ago for only one reason - the Final Fantasy games. Now, I've been disappointed by the latest FF games, so I've decided to buy Gamecube.

When you really think about awesome-fun-jaw opening-classic games, Nintendo does deliver the best product. Now if I can only find the GCN used somewhere so I don't have to pay extra!

SK
Wed, 05-19-2004, 05:41 PM
im still playing ffx, i got it last year in october and still havent beat it, but i dont play as much as i used to. what actually got me to get a ps2 was onimusha, i really just liked the game for some reason.

Koyuki
Thu, 05-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Don't talk shit about my Xbox i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif I own a GC to. Man i still have to buy Naruto.

Can't wait for
Zelda
Metroid prime 2
Star Fox
Viewtiful Joe 2
Paper Mario 2

Question: If you know a good site with Naruto 2 for GC with freeloader send me a PM or somethin
CHEAP!! mark my words

Raven
Thu, 05-20-2004, 09:16 AM
Get it from Lik-Sang.com. They have free shipping at the moment.

rdkenshin
Sat, 05-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by: ComeComeParadise

Originally posted by: rdkenshin
Zelda is really looking amazing. I love the lighting and of course the gameplay will be the best part. Re4 looks even better though everything looks so real and they dont even use cutescenes, it looks THAT good.

Resident Evil 4 looks pretty, but I'm sure the gameplay is going to be more of the same, no true innovation...and what's a game with good graphics but redundant gameplay? Trash. Same with Devil May Cry 3.

I heard the changed the gameplay... a lot. The camera is behind you and not in a fixed position. You can switch to first person view ublike the other REs so you can actually aim the gun. And a lot of it is in broad daylight. Sounds like its different from the old outdated play mechanics of the old games.

sexy_no_jutsu
Sun, 05-23-2004, 04:11 AM
Yup, Resi 4 is going to be nothing like the previous parts. This game is more action based than the others, with the "over the shoulder" camera. and the game looks so sweet! When it comes out, it will probably have the best console graphics at that moment. These are graphics none even though of possible on the cube. Guess raw CPU power has nothing to do with how good a game can look. Eat that microsoft.

Resi 4 was definitely nintendo's game of the show and definitely in the top 3 overall.

im also very exited about the DS. i know that the PSP has better graphics, but for a handheld, the DS already looks really good. PSP has so many problems they have to fix (mainly the battery life) and price will probably be a problem too. and why the hell do you have to play movies in UMD format! thats useless. and also, durability will be a problem. sony is not known for making things that last very long *ps2 anyone?* and there are possibly gonna be allot of ports from PS2 games to PSP, since that would be cheap.

as i said, the DS has got me more exited. when i watched the demo's i was like "WTF! i didn't know it could be this cool". enough new features to re-invent gameplay. touchscreen may be considered as a gimmick by many, but this actually opens up a new portal for handheld gaming. Think or RTS games, where you can select units and click through menus just as easily as with a pc game. And FPS games. metroid prime hunters was a good example, but they need to switch over the controls to the NGC's metroid prime controls. Turning with touch screen isn't good, but shooting is. dual screens, it has potential, but no great ideas about the use of 2 screens has been shown yet. though a map and menu's are very handy, its not innovative (already seen that on GBA-NGC link-up) but im sure nintendo will find a good way to use it.. but the best feature is the (possibly free) online services. Nintendo has much experience with online gaming and they certainly have the games for it. finally you get to play mario-kart online, or maybe a future super smash bros. now if they only find a way to use the integrated microphone so you can talk to other players during online play, it can compete with Xbox live^.^

though there are some bad points about the DS, for instance the horrible design. The demo-pod showed on the show floor was not the final model, but they need to get their ass over to the drawing board for some serious re-designing. Its really ugly compared to the PSP. Also, they have to keep the weight of the system low. Some games require the handheld to be held with one are, and you also have to be able to use the D-pad and the L-trigger at the same time while using the touch screen.

Anyway, I cant wait to pick it up, though it will be next year by then (I hate living in Europei/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif) but Im sure it will be worth the wait.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 05-30-2004, 01:03 AM
seeing how many nintendo supporter makes me forget about my xbox buddies insult on me. u see i've got a PS2 and i was thinkin of buying an xbox or a gc and i choose gc, but i sort of regret a bit by choosing gc cos lately two major company just end their contract with nintendo silicon knight and rare. and there are more and more games that a develop exclusively for xbox, like fable, true fantasy, halo, and god knows how many more developer will jump in bed with microsoft.
and in australia, some retailers even advise consumer not to buy a GC and even does not have GC game in their store shelves (Myres).

i seriously wanna believe u guys that nintendo will pull through. i wanna believe desperately

oh another game that i am drooling all over is ninja gaiden and DOA beach volley ball

Assertn
Sun, 05-30-2004, 01:24 PM
DOA beach volley ball...........
hope them jigglin polygons are worth the $50 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 05-30-2004, 04:44 PM
actually all xbox games are free. if u mod yer xbox, u can install the entire game into it's harddrive. so once u mod yer xbox, u can go to block buster and hire the games u want and rip em. so free jiggling polygons.

Assertn
Sun, 05-30-2004, 05:08 PM
my friend looked into that, he said he'd have to spend like, another $100 on top of the xbox itself for modding with a new drive and junk
not to mention you'd still have to spend about $5 per rental

Raven
Sun, 05-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by: Nara Shikamaru VI
actually all xbox games are free. if u mod yer xbox, u can install the entire game into it's harddrive. so once u mod yer xbox, u can go to block buster and hire the games u want and rip em. so free jiggling polygons.
Yeah! Excellent idea! Let's get all the games for free and send all the developers broke so they can't produce any more games! Awesome!

Nara Shikamaru VI
Mon, 05-31-2004, 08:26 PM
hey dont get me wrong i dont like mircosolft buying up developers as much as the next guy. and i am definately not trying to advocate any xbox doctorine here. all i am sayin is that with a cheap mod (yeha it's cheap, here in Aus, u can get a good mod chip for 50 AUD plus workmanship) i am really afraid people will jump into the bandwagon. oh another thing my frends use another cheap way to gain access to games. personally i think it's soo much wrong. they abuse the system by 'buying' games from EB then install the whole thing and then return it with money back.

with stuff like that happening i am afraid of xbox hardware sales skyroketing and once people see statistic some people oblivious to the gaming world will wonder 'hmmm...wow xbox is doing good maybe i should get one'. and if the hardware sale surpass PS2 i am sure my friends will rub it in my face. peer pressure is a bitch

dafashizzle
Fri, 06-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Thats kool. But have you seen the Sony PSP! That owns!!!

sexy_no_jutsu
Sat, 06-05-2004, 12:40 PM
nah, that was just PS2 at pocket size. nothing new...

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 06-05-2004, 10:44 PM
well PSP will have metal gear acid and DS will have a game from squaresoft.....i am soo torn apart. who shall i choose?? dear god why does this kinda thing happen to a mere mortal like me??WHY??

Assertn
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:23 AM
im a biased fan of nintendo.....cant say i'd regret it though, since they do come up with the best party games (and i prefer to limit my gaming activities to social events anyway)

so i'd prolly get the DS....although i know if i got it, then i wont find anyone else with one and i wont be able to play any cool multiplayer games i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
in any case....i aint spending more than $100 on a portable console

Raven
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Well you could always get both, but it just depends on how much you want to spend. Personally I think Nintendo have gone all out with the innovation (dual screens, touch screen, etc) whereas Sony have just cloned their current console in a smaller form. I mean, who would want to hold their handheld while they watch a movie for 2 hours? Seems to me that would be mighty uncomfortable.

The DS is where it's at, IMHO. I just hope Nintendo can pull it off effectively. I have undying faith.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 06-06-2004, 01:04 AM
i know your pain Assertn Failure. buyin cool nintendo multiplayer games (cough cough Crystal Chronicles) and non of yer frends own a GBA.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:32 AM
yeah that sucks have a GBA and none of your friends have it -_- ...and don't want to spend over $100 on a portible either

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:48 AM
i am sure the DS and the PSP will have a whooping price tag attach to them. i mean look at DS with it's touch screen, and double LCD (izzit LCD??not sure) screen and all. i am ready to fork up 300 AUD for either one of the portable of my choice.

i dont know when will my wallet will have a good rest

Raven
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Nara Shikamaru VI, quick question, forgive my ignorance but if you live in Andorra how come you're always talking about AUD i.e. Australian currency? I've noticed it a few times. Maybe I'm missing something.

Oh and yeah, I'm pretty sure the DS is using LCD.

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:25 AM
i know your pain Assertn Failure. buyin cool nintendo multiplayer games (cough cough Crystal Chronicles) and non of yer frends own a GBA.

I have that problem...but its even more annoying for me...I have 3 mates who have GBA's, but 2 of them refuse to buy the 5 quid cables to connect their GBA to the console, and the other one refuses to play the game on a multiplayer with me because he has one of those stupid Panasonic Gamecubes (he's a novelty freak...he has a Japanese Pokemon GBA as well) and he ordered the American version of the game...so if he plays CC he reckons that means he's wasted his money cos all he'd have needed was the cable i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Personally I'm a little bit wary of the DS...in a way it sounds kind of tacky but at the same time the PSP sounds like a complete waste of time for me (plus I have a soft spot for Nintendo as well)...but in the end I don't think I'll get either...though thats what I said about the GBA SP i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Maybe I'd get a DS if a few mates got one as well but I doubt that'll happen...

Nara Shikamaru VI, quick question, forgive my ignorance but if you live in Andorra how come you're always talking about AUD i.e. Australian currency? I've noticed it a few times. Maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe he didn't bother specifying Australia in the setup so Andorra was the default one?

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn

Oh and yeah, I'm pretty sure the DS is using LCD.

Andorra?? where is this place?? m8 i live in perth, WA

seriously where is this Anhdorra

oh and i herd DS will support wireless connectivity....so that means no embarassing link cable

Assertn
Sun, 06-06-2004, 01:50 PM
now nara, there is no need to be bashful about the size of your link cable i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Raven
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Andorra?? where is this place?? m8 i live in perth, WA

seriously where is this Anhdorra

oh and i herd DS will support wireless connectivity....so that means no embarassing link cable
Oh, I was just reading your profile, it says Andorra. Nice to have another Aussie on these boards then. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

And yeah, it's using bluetooth, good stuff. Apparently you can be rooms away when playing and it's got the built-in mic for communication.

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Bluetooth? Is that the thing N-Gage uses? Will it cost money to play with bluetooth? :\

Raven
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Nah, it's just a wireless protocol. It has good potential, just not enough popularity. It shouldn't cost. Unless I'm totally wrong, which I doubt. Nintendo wouldn't charge us to play multi, surely not.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:56 PM
nintendo should consider takin their console online first before taking their handheld. both PS2 and Xbox are now enjoying online gaming experience and GC (besides japan) is still online-less.

side tracking abit, what do u guys think about Twin Snake on GC?? anyone played this awesome game?? i've got it and the cinematic was breath taking especially when grey fox bicycle kick the ceiling. classic

Assertn
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:24 AM
if nintendo was gonna charge for bluetooth usage, i'd like to know how they plan to enforce that.....

bluetooth is essentially a wireless network like something you'd have in your own home. it was designed for all sorts of devices; not just computers (i.e. PDAs, temperature control, and even the fridge or oven, if there's ever a use for something like that....as well as portable game consoles)

i think its not quite as fast or as long ranged as the standard wireless PC network, but it more than serves its purpose for handling other devices

anyway, nobody outside of whatever short radius bluetooth extends would know whats going on within that network, so nobody but you and your friends would have any control over it.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 06-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
if nintendo was gonna charge for bluetooth usage, i'd like to know how they plan to enforce that.....

bluetooth is essentially a wireless network like something you'd have in your own home. it was designed for all sorts of devices; not just computers (i.e. PDAs, temperature control, and even the fridge or oven, if there's ever a use for something like that....as well as portable game consoles)

i think its not quite as fast or as long ranged as the standard wireless PC network, but it more than serves its purpose for handling other devices

anyway, nobody outside of whatever short radius bluetooth extends would know whats going on within that network, so nobody but you and your friends would have any control over it.

Thats good then...I had only heard of Bluetooth because of the N-Gage and some of my mates have it on their phones...but with both of these I think it costs in terms of phone usage so I assumed (even though DS isn't a phone) that you'd have to pay in a similar way.

I need so see some action from the DS...might have to check ign...

Raven
Mon, 06-07-2004, 06:19 AM
It's pretty damned impressive....... they had a version of Metroid Prime running on it, can't remember what it's called.

Looked pretty. And you can use the touch screen to aim, though I don't know how it works.

Assertn
Mon, 06-07-2004, 12:11 PM
i heard it was extremely ghetto how you aimed and shoot with metroid on the ds, since you'd be putting your fingers all over the viewing area and you cant really see anything when you do it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-08-2004, 12:21 AM
hmm yeah if you have to put your finger on the screen to shoot, can't really see all that well,

Raven
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:14 AM
They'll most likely implement it in such a way that's easy to use. I've only ever read good reviews of the hands-on tests.

sexy_no_jutsu
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:19 AM
nintendo should consider takin their console online first before taking their handheld. both PS2 and Xbox are now enjoying online gaming experience and GC (besides japan) is still online-less.

nintendo had already made the original Game Boy go online long bofore xbox and PS2 went online. though it was only in Japan. you could connect your GB to your mobile phone and play on the internet. nintendo has lots of experiance with online play i heard.

and you will be able to see. its not like you will keep your whole hand in front of the screen all the time. just a finger, though they need to make movement controls like turning into the d-pad, not the touch screen. the main problem i see with the game is how you are turn/shoot while jumping...but the game at the show wasn't a final, it was just a demo. I think they will still change a few things before release. even if they didn't i would still but it though.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Wed, 06-09-2004, 02:51 AM
DS = Duel Screen
Duel = Two

one for touching one for looking. maybe. maybe not

Raven
Wed, 06-09-2004, 03:04 AM
The second one is for looking with an optional touching feature built in.

And you just know they'll make the Metroid game easy to use and very accessible, the franchise is one of their biggest, they won't let it go crap.

Mut
Wed, 06-09-2004, 03:15 AM
uhhh... what happened to that red thing that nintendo released a looooong time ago... i think it was like 3d type of thing. where you look into this gogle type of thing and you do whatever... you know... it's really old and i don't think it got any popular.

sexy_no_jutsu
Wed, 06-09-2004, 03:24 AM
virtual boy? better not talk about it. that was something nintendo wants to forget. dont worry about the DS going to end up to be the next virtual-boy, cuz its not. DS = Dope Shit!

Assertn
Wed, 06-09-2004, 02:53 PM
if you have ssb melee and set the language to japanese, then in the trophy gallery you can see a virtual boy in the background (among the famicon and other japanese version consoles and such)....interesting that they took it out of the english version. im uber pissed though, i couldve bought a virtual boy back when places were selling them for $20, but my parents wouldnt let me since they knew there werent gonna be games for it anymore

offtopic: nowhere else to ask this, but why did krbadass lock joker's birthday thread? that was kinda mean....

Raven
Wed, 06-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah, well, krbadass is just that kinda guy i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I wish I had a virtual boy, that'd be cool.

I just realised what some people might think I meant then... uh oh.

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:06 AM
I just realised what some people might think I meant then... uh oh.
what, you mean "optional touching feature"?
mmmm.......touching feature..........i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Lego
Thu, 06-10-2004, 05:21 AM
TOKYO (AP) - Nintendo Co., which dominates the portable video-game machine market, said Wednesday it is developing a new home game console code-named "Revolution" in an apparent attempt to catch up with rival Sony Corp. (SNE), which makes the PlayStation 2 console.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040609/D833N0P02.html

Raven
Thu, 06-10-2004, 06:32 AM
Exciting stuff, I can't wait to see what they come up with. Something more revolutionary besides better graphics eh? Interesting.

sexy_no_jutsu
Thu, 06-10-2004, 06:43 AM
yeah, i wonder what nintendo had in store for us with the Revolution, though its a riskey step they are taking. with the DS, they can take risks because they own 97% of the market, but in the console bisuness its the other way arount where sony owns 70% and nintendo only like...15%. if the revolution dousn't hit there will be serious trouble for nintendo...

ComeComeParadise
Wed, 06-16-2004, 01:42 AM
Exciting stuff, I can't wait to see what they come up with. Something more revolutionary besides better graphics eh? Interesting.

It wouldn't be that interesting if any other video game companies were trying to branch out with the the current technology advances beyond better graphics and better processing power. Nintendo are the only ones in the industry who are making great strides to innovate and to help speed up the growth of modern video games.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:10 AM
but innovation can be really risky. like how the gimmicky GC and GBA connectivity. i still have no idea what to use it on. i've got Animal Crossing and FF:CC and personally it's to troublesome to look at GBA screen while lookin at my tv screen.

Assertn
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:45 PM
so you're suggesting that companies should release more GTA ripoffs, maybe a few more Madden games, and generic 1st person shooters instead?

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:56 AM
software innovation that is. hardware innovation are always risky

Assertn
Sun, 06-20-2004, 01:04 PM
true....but hardware innovation leads to great things like games on cds and built-in 4 player support

as long as the new hardware doesnt involve add-ons or causes headaches after 15 min of play.....then its usually turned out for the best

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:08 PM
yeah i contridict myself again. without hardware innovation, software innovation will be restricted. but nintendo should really consider about the risk they are taking in this kinda innovation. like e-reader, i wanted to get one but the pricy tag and later i found out that there is not much use except play old school games makes me abandon the whole idea.

best hardware innovation: DDR mat

ComeComeParadise
Thu, 06-24-2004, 09:48 PM
but innovation can be really risky. like how the gimmicky GC and GBA connectivity. i still have no idea what to use it on. i've got Animal Crossing and FF:CC and personally it's to troublesome to look at GBA screen while lookin at my tv screen.

All I can suggest is that you buy Zelda: Four Swords. Wow.

Assertn
Thu, 06-24-2004, 10:06 PM
i would totally buy 4 swords.......

except i'd be playing it by myself i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:30 AM
if i would have 4 buddies to play 4 sword with i would have enjoy FF:CC to it's fullest potential but sadly non are willing to participate and worst non have a GBA. oh well

ComeComeParadise
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:34 AM
if i would have 4 buddies to play 4 sword with i would have enjoy FF:CC to it's fullest potential but sadly non are willing to participate and worst non have a GBA. oh well

Um... then why did you buy it? It is a multiplayer game....

Pyron
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:55 AM
sorry i'm no nintendo fan anymore. snes was their best system. actually gameboy advanced it pretty good but i'm not into that. for me, ps2 is the way to go. since it can play psx games and dvds too i find that it comes with the total package. i can't forget about online play.

nintendo however is still good i guess but ever since they came out with way too many kiddy games since n64 i lost interest. i don't think nintendo has enough platform holding games. 1 example would be gt4 coming out for the ps2 later this year. this is my opinion though..i know a lot of people will probably disagree or fight for nintendo but this is what i like

Assertn
Sun, 06-27-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by: Pyron
sorry i'm no nintendo fan anymore. snes was their best system. actually gameboy advanced it pretty good but i'm not into that. for me, ps2 is the way to go. since it can play psx games and dvds too i find that it comes with the total package. i can't forget about online play.

nintendo however is still good i guess but ever since they came out with way too many kiddy games since n64 i lost interest. i don't think nintendo has enough platform holding games. 1 example would be gt4 coming out for the ps2 later this year. this is my opinion though..i know a lot of people will probably disagree or fight for nintendo but this is what i like

yes, well this isnt a console wars topic.....this is a "nintendo at E3" topic

badgats
Sun, 06-27-2004, 03:23 AM
i cant wait to play new zelda on new nintendo

tensai
Tue, 06-29-2004, 11:49 PM
yup the new zelda is going to be great, but its not on a new nintendo system, its gonna be on GC
unless your talking about a DS one which i dont really know about

okay this is a little off topic and ive heard a lot of people talking about this on ign and whatnot
HALO 2 oh its so great and blah blah blah
it outsold all those nintendo games blah blah blah
but did they ever think that HALO was probably the best single game XBOX had to offer and a sequel is just plan obvious - thats the main reason it outsold all the other games
i know im hatin but im just tired of readin this shit

Assertn
Wed, 06-30-2004, 12:51 AM
speaking of zelda......just earlier today i came across a nice classic that some of you may have seen before

anybody ever had those game & watch games from back in the day? I saw the zelda one lying in my desk drawer and it still works!.....ahh good times i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Raven
Wed, 06-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I've still got Donkey Kong. One of my other friends has a G&W museum in his room, he has so many of them. He tried to buy my Donkey Kong, but no way! Ah, those were the days.

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 06-30-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by: tensai
yup the new zelda is going to be great, but its not on a new nintendo system, its gonna be on GC
unless your talking about a DS one which i dont really know about

okay this is a little off topic and ive heard a lot of people talking about this on ign and whatnot
HALO 2 oh its so great and blah blah blah
it outsold all those nintendo games blah blah blah
but did they ever think that HALO was probably the best single game XBOX had to offer and a sequel is just plan obvious - thats the main reason it outsold all the other games
i know im hatin but im just tired of readin this shit

I agree with you on that tensai

tensai
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:18 PM
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/528/528191p1.html

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/678/678907/imgs_1.html

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/691/691552/imgs_1.html

you guys should check these out, dont know if the rpgs are old or something though

ilabb
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Oh man. 4 swords on the GCN is quite possibly the funnest zelda game I've ever played with 3 friends...

It's amazing. Plain and simple.

My advice to all of you is find 4 GBAs, 4 connecting cable things, a gamecube, the game itself, 3 more people and PLAY THE !&^!#& OUT OF THAT GAME. Don't forget lots of batteries... the only bad side of that game is when your batteries die in your GBA. If only one person loses power for any reason, you have to do the entire dungeon or whatever all over again. My friends and I were on a boss in a dungeon, someone accidentally jarred their cable loose and BAM! do it over.

Good game. Very very good game. EEEE!