PDA

View Full Version : OmG meh Naruto no play!

Lego
Tue, 05-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Since ive seen two threads on this, and presumably more, i made this thread.

Many suggest using another player, which sure it will solve your problem for that, but what happens when something won't play on that player?

The main way to fix this is update your XviD.

You can update your XviD here at: http://www.minakoproject.cjb.net/XviD-1.0-RC4-05042004.exe

Unistall your old version, reboot, install this one, and reboot.

This , for most people, solves their problem.

Also, stay far far away from divx and divx players.

XviD will handle this.

kage_bunshin
Wed, 05-12-2004, 10:07 AM
heheh it was inevitable someone was gonna create a thread like this

sometimes you may need ffdshow (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=53761&package_id=59355) as well.

Kanraku
Wed, 05-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Recently I installed realplayer (forced to against my will) and deleted it, and I think it somehow messed up my ability to watch Naruto episodes. I can't seem to watch any after 78. I uninstalled and reinstalled the new version of XVID, and the results aren't much better. WMP will get part way through the episode, then there's be square-shaped smudges everywhere and it'll cause an error. When I go into Divx (it used to work for me), it tells me I need the XVID codec that I just installed. How can I get either player to play naruto eps again?

Kanraku

kage_bunshin
Thu, 05-13-2004, 03:02 AM
download the ffdshow

steelmole
Thu, 05-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Whats the best way apart from ffdshow? because i need the codecs.

kage_bunshin
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:32 AM
just download ffdshow and xvid codec. easy as that.

WHYHALLOTHERE
Sun, 05-16-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm not getting any sound while playing, I have to slow it down so I don't get squares, and then sound goes bye bye. And I already have fddshow anda llsorts of other stuff.

GLS
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:30 AM
people, you need to look for help on this issue before you type a post. Numerous possibilities have been mentioned to solve the problem with Naruto 82.

Chrono
Fri, 05-21-2004, 09:00 PM
I use Real Player, and I have installed/uninstalled numerous codecs to try and get 82 to work, but no luck. Can anyone help me get 82 to work with Real Player? The episode will play, but there are all kinds of blocks, and you can't read the text for most of the episode. Thanks

rainstorm
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Just one suggestion out there, but there's always the k-lite codec pack. Their most recent version contains XviD 1.0. It's always been my pick as far as hunting down codecs, and keeping this updated has always fixed most problems I've had (jury's still out on Naruto 82, but if everybody's right about XviD 1.0 fiding the problem in BSPlayer, then it's all good). Link is http://k-litecodecpack.com. Pick up the Mega Codec Pack 1.02 and you'll also get BSPlayer, Real Alternative, Quicktime Alternative, and a crap load of codecs including all most recent and popularly used codecs.