PDA

View Full Version : Konoha's culture of loss.

Enigmatic_Paragon
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Has anyone noticed that almost all the strong ninjas that Konoha produces end up wondering off doing their own thing?

Those that stayed + those with uncertain status:
The 3rd stayed as a Hokage [certain]
the 4th didnt wonder anywhere. Instead he gets to die (to the best of our knowledge).
and the first 2 Hokages are real unknowns.

On the other side:
Jiraiya wondered off and did his own thing. He came back for "research" purposes only.
Tsunade wondered off and has yet to bee seen.
Orochimaru is evil and shows his true colours.
Itachi turns evil and slaughters his clan before running off.

As you can see, the only people that "stayed" were those who were bound down as Hokage. The rest did their own thing.
Its a real pity Konoha doesnt get to keep these people onside permanently. It trains them, and in return they leave....... what a waste. It should expend more effort into keeping its talent =P

IamSpazzy
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Actually I think Jirayia went off to keep tabs on Itachi and the rest of his merry band, and passed the boring time during the stake-outs writing dirty novels.

chambers
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:50 AM
you mean oro?
still it remains that the strongest ninja of every generation or so remain within the city, except for maybe itachi's

IamSpazzy
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Maybe, but in eps 82 it seems that Jirayia went off to keep tabs on that group that had both Oro and Itachi. I dunno which one he went off after.

chambers
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:52 AM
no i think it was stated he was watchin oro and he then joined the group, it was then that he learnt itachi was a member.

kilzo
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Jiraiya left for the purpose of watching over, but for basically anyone, notice that all the guys that are very talented and evil, tend to do bad things. And i may off a bit, but when you start to learn forbidden things, do things you shouldn't, or kill whole clans, I dont think the people there would really want you there anymore. Konoha isnt the only one, all villages have their bad pupils, take the Kisame other missing nins from other areas.

Tsu has her own reasons, as i wont spoil anything. But watch and you may soon find out.

Stoopider
Tue, 05-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Guess thats the price for being a 'nice' village.

r3n
Tue, 05-11-2004, 03:31 PM
power corrupts. so the more powerful a ninja you are, the more likely you are to be evil and do whatever the hell you like, so the more likely ur gunna get exiled!

Stoopider
Tue, 05-11-2004, 04:12 PM
The people fear of what they do not know - Prof Xavier.

Orochimaru isn't evil!! Just misunderstood!

Rek
Tue, 05-11-2004, 05:04 PM
actually I think thats how it started... he didn't have a respect for rules and customs, and wanted to learn more about chakra and jutsus and went too far. Sarutobi got pissed, let him run off... and Oro never got hokage either... so then he was just bitter.

Then he got a sex change...

Knives122
Tue, 05-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
The people fear of what they do not know - Prof Xavier.

Orochimaru isn't evil!! Just misunderstood!

Come on, when you go around trying to kill your teacher, burn your home village to the ground, steal peoples bodies/experiment on them, and try to get a special technique b/c it can learn all the ninja techniques in the world for your own selfish purposes instead of helping other people guess what?,

YOUR EVIL!!!!

SK
Tue, 05-11-2004, 06:24 PM
he was being sarcastic...

Knives122
Tue, 05-11-2004, 06:30 PM
maybe, but i just wanted to make my point

Xollence
Tue, 05-11-2004, 09:03 PM
lol ... good point though.

Stoopider
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:51 AM