PDA

View Full Version : One problem with Naruto 82

Caboose
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:04 PM
When I played the episode on Divx it showed alot of wierd things is just the file or player?

Souryusen
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:07 PM
It's giving me weird distortions when I play it. It makes Media Player 9 error at about 2:30 into the episode.. have to watch it on DIVX player, but that doesn't clear up the discoloration and pixelation in certain scenes.

edit: I've read that the VLC player located at ... http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ works for this episode, haven't tried it yet myself, though.

A Lamer
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:17 PM
You dont need VLC, just get the latest ffdshow alpha from source forge. It fixed the problems I was having, and I didnt need some POS player I would never use for anything else.

Kakashi-Senpai
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Is there a substitude for it. Other than that player which i tried and it works, but i just don't like it. Like the codecs or something like that. Cause i'm quite used to wmp and i don't intend to change it.

Caboose
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by: Souryusen
It's giving me weird distortions when I play it. It makes Media Player 9 error at about 2:30 into the episode.. have to watch it on DIVX player, but that doesn't clear up the discoloration and pixelation in certain scenes.

edit: I've read that the VLC player located at ... http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ works for this episode, haven't tried it yet myself, though.

Thank you for showing that Souryusen now that I watch the episode on VLC it doesn't show it.

Kakashi-Senpai
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Use the player not wmp as only the player can play the epi smoothly and "A Lamer" can you put the link for the fddshow cause i downloaded it and install it, but the epi became worst and images became blocky.

A Lamer
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by: Kakashi-Senpai
Use the player not wmp as only the player can play the epi smoothly and "A Lamer" can you put the link for the fddshow cause i downloaded it and install it, but the epi became worst and images became blocky.
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ffdshow/ffdshow-20030523.exe?download

I uninstalled the latest DivX codec (divx.com) and the RC4 of XviD by koepi before installing that, it worked like a charm, no problems at all in WMP9. Fddshow alpha solves almost every playback problem around, though not all.

Melvinmaniacs
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Thanks. That was really helpful

Kakashi-Senpai
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Ok! After visiting the animeone channel i have found the remedy of the problem. Uninstall any codec that you have and restart the computer (in case the com is using anyone of the codecs, cause if so the installation will have some problem). Then go download the ffdshow and xvid codecs.

ffdshow: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ffdshow/ffdshow-20030523.exe?download
xvid: http://nic.dnsalias.com/XviD_Install.exe

Ok. Then that will solve it and you can still use the windows media player. Happy viewing guys.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

coldpower27
Mon, 05-10-2004, 12:49 AM
yay thanks it's works in BS Player thanks. Uninstalled XVId Koepi's RC3 and installed RC4 then installed the FFD Show codec and now it works beautifully.

Sharingan83
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by: A Lamer
You dont need VLC, just get the latest ffdshow alpha from source forge. It fixed the problems I was having, and I didnt need some POS player I would never use for anything else.

Thanks a lot man!
This helps by FAR.
I was having the same trouble as everyone else, but I experienced the same problem with Chrno Crusade from [AonE]. I was like, 'WTF's going on? Is it my player? corrupted downloading?'
I had no idea what was wrong.

Maverick-DBZ-
Mon, 05-10-2004, 02:05 AM
Yeah it works, it just sucks I had to go through this. I don't understand why AA moved from encoding to Divx 5.0 to Xvid.

I would have never brothered to change the codec if all was going great, but I'm sure they had there reasons.

edit: just wanted to add something about episode 82. THIS IS NOT A FLAME! I'm just pointing something out.

If you compare ep 81 and 82, the sound quality on ep 81 is better while 82 is worse. Just hear the intro music of both of them and you will notice what I mean. Maybe it's the new encoding process there using who knows but it's no big deal I just wanted to point it out.

I'm sure most of you guys will not notice anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Only reason I noticed was because of my Z680 speakers. ^_^

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-10-2004, 04:09 AM
Thank god for this thread.

VDT
Mon, 05-10-2004, 04:22 AM
Xvid is great but the problem for me is that it's encoded with GMC and that makes it impossible to play in diffrent hardware players (Xcard for example)
The best thing would be if it would be reencoded without GMC....

complich8
Mon, 05-10-2004, 04:26 AM
to trace the history (as I remember it) ...

Originally we encoded everything in divx 3.11a (sbc method, nandub) as it was the best method available at the time.

A while in, xvid became the fashion, 'cause it matured enough to be considered 'good' ... so we started using it for other stuff. For playback compatibility, we used the "xvid/divx method" on most of our stuff for a while. That'd give you an encode that divx 4, divx 5, xvid and ffdshow could all play, so most people were fine with that. But that skipped over naruto a bit there - mostly to avoid headaches of trying to get people to update their codecs.

Well, Eventually we got tired of encoding Naruto in 3.11a/sbc ... so we switched to the fashion at the time: xvid/dx50. For reference, we never actually encoded anything using the divx 5 series codecs, everything that plays back with divx5 is actually xvid. Xvid's directshow filter was pretty terrible so it made it look better and run faster decoding with divx5 series decoder filters.

Xvid continued to mature, and eventually went 1.0rc1. That was a big step, but we didn't do much with it there. There were a couple things we encoded in 1.0rc3, but right now our standard is to use xvid 1.0 rc4. I think our encoders will probably continue to stay current with the latest release candidates of xvid for releases, at least until 1.0 goes "official release" instead of just release candidate. The choice of xvid or dx50 compatibility is up to the encoder, but generally we've tried to stick to a divx5 decoder for the default playback filter.

The reason this release is in xvid has to do with some strangeness involving who encoded it and how familiar they were with what we do, I think. I can't really comment further than that, but basically if you're running xvid 1.0rc4 or ffdshow you should have no problems. If you're depending solely on divx5, you might grab xvid 1.0 rc4 from www.xvid.org.

Also, the audio in 82 is apparently a reduced bitrate vbr instead of our normal 128k cbr mp3. I'm not entirely sure why this is either.

I'm probably at least partly to blame for not noticing these changes (it played fine on my system when I was doing qc on it so I didn't really dig deeper into the mechanics of it, but as expected vanilla-virtualdub complains about the vbr audio stream). Generally if I had noticed (if something didn't work or something) I'd have commented immediately and probably immediately failed it, just because it's more of a headache getting 10,000 people to update their software (and hearing another 3000 complain about how we "fucked up" or how our encode was "much worse" because they had to run current software to play it) than it is to have the encoder stick to a cbr audio stream and make sure things are optimally compatible (ie: divx5 playback).

My final comment here is that if you want to be able to universally play back anything that is currently out there (on a windows machine), there's 8 pieces of software I recommend (and I recommend you install them in this order).
(codecs)
1: Divx 5 (latest version). Get the free version, you don't need pro features unless you're encoding in divx5, and you shouldn't be doing that anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.
2: Xvid (latest version: xvid 1.0rc4). Tell it not to decode divx5 content in the installer.
3: Windows Media Codec Packs (to play wmv encoded files - I think you can find them from microsoft's site, but not 100% sure where offhand, I just keep a local copy of an installer for my purposes)
4: AC3filter (latest version, http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/ ). This will let you play the audio for dvd-rips by people who aren't willing to do the extra 3 clicks to transcode their audio to mp3.
(directshow filters)
5: ffdshow (alpha version, see kakashi-senpai's link above for that). After installing, go into the control panel for it (from start menu) and tell it not to decode xvid or divx5, but to do everything else.
6: Vobsub (2.23 should be fine, get from www.doom9.org's downloads page). This is important for ogm's, mkv's, and other such stuff. Make sure to install "directvobsub" from the installer.
(miscellaneous)
7: OggDS filters (if you want to play ogm's). I won't say too much more about this one. You might encounter overlap with previous software listed when you get this.
8: Matroska Playback Pack (if you want to play mkv's). I'll leave this one alone for now too. Again might encounter software overlap.

At that point, you should be able to play back anyhing that's xvid, divx3.11, divx4, divx5, mp3, ac3, some other weird stuff (ie: "divx" generic), wma, wmv, ogm, mkv, pretty much anything you can think of that isn't realmedia or really strangely encoded. That's pretty much how I've got my system set up. Whenever I notice a video playback problem, I check the fourcc with gspot, and check if there's a new version of that codec. Whenever I hit an audio prob, I again hit gspot and find out what audio it uses, and see if there's a new version of that. Hasn't failed me yet (except for dvds, which I use windvd5 for since powerdvd latest version crapped all over karekano).

VDT
Mon, 05-10-2004, 06:19 AM
So there will be no reencoding without GMC? kinda bad that I need to switch release group since the hardware player dosn't support it....

GLS
Mon, 05-10-2004, 06:43 AM
I'm glad someone sees the light. VLC is crap. Thanks to A Lamer for helping us out with the ffdshow link.

VDT
Mon, 05-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Well I prefer my X-card to VLC i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Riyuma Spike
Mon, 05-10-2004, 09:49 AM
well the problem I had with 82 was the same wich I had with Bakasan subs, maybe he used the same new method as Anbu now does.
Pretty messed up That I have to download new players just for this sub -_-

Maverick-DBZ-
Mon, 05-10-2004, 10:27 AM
That explains a lot complich8. Everything works great now but that was a lot of removing of codec's restarting and installing new ones. hehe. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jman
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by: Riyuma Spike
well the problem I had with 82 was the same wich I had with Bakasan subs, maybe he used the same new method as Anbu now does.
Pretty messed up That I have to download new players just for this sub -_-

this is off topic but Riyuma Spike, animated sigs are no longer allowed and sig size limits are now 400*80.

Hyperion
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:33 PM
I got ffdshow and it made it worse.........

I also got Xvid and it made it worse........gah.

jeditictac
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:56 PM
yay. i had the no video problem with this release, but this thread helped a lot. i now have video! thanks ^-^

VDT
Mon, 05-10-2004, 03:38 PM
But still I need to know if the future Naruto releases will have the GMC feature or not, this will be a problem for "all" (all I know of) DivX/Xvid hardware players since most of them dosn't support it...
Hopefully This release could be reencoded without GMC to....

complich8
Tue, 05-11-2004, 03:19 PM
there was some strangeness with this release involving some lack of communication in general. I don't want to go into detail about it, but suffice it to say that we're not planning on doing more releases with gmc, and I'm pretty sure we're going back to he xvid/dx50 compatibility mode method that we've used in the past.

VDT: to more directly answer your questions: No, we won't be using GMC in the future (lest I am forced to stab someone) and yes, it could be reencoded without gmc, but I don't think that we're planning to do so. Only if there were very very drastic errors would we consider doing a v2, and while a few minor errors survived, the biggest problem anyone seems to have with the release is that nobody wants to update their software. You can feel free to reencode it for yourself if you want (just pop it into virtualdub, configure xvid or divx5 however you want, do a fast recompress and you should be all set in an indeterminate amount of time i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif).

VDT
Tue, 05-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Well I sincerly hope for a reencode... I like to have all the right releases i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
But everything plays well for me and I am using the latest Xvid Coded that I also use to encode my own films with...
So I guess that the GMC this time was just a misstake... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

HaZMaTiK
Tue, 05-11-2004, 04:11 PM
btw guys this is the latest ffdshow by a few days old

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

enjoy

Kumiriko
Tue, 05-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Ahhh good. Since it is working with latest FFd i am happy.

Sharingan83
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:26 AM
umm, i have a problem.
i deleted most of my codecs except for 3ivx.
i installed xvid & ffdshow-alpha and the video works no problem on wmp in window mode, BUT when i blow it up to fullscreen mode, it's incredibly choppy!
can anyone help me?

Krbadass
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Answered, thanks.