PDA

View Full Version : Why are all the teams the same?

Knives122
Sun, 05-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Why is it that the 4 genin teams have the same kind of people:

1st member: very energetic and loud, wants to prove him self

2nd member: quiet, thinks hes the best, and is bottled up inside about what they really want to do

3rd member: the girl, not really there for anything except for getting beat up, and standing around

could anyone tell me why he made his characters the same, or is it the creator has a mental problem with choosing different personalities for his characters

SK
Sun, 05-09-2004, 07:23 PM
maybe thats how they form a balanced team.

Shin_Naruto
Sun, 05-09-2004, 07:34 PM
ShikaInoCho breaks the mold... unless you consider Choji to be loud and energetic.

also... to add to your list... the girl's also sign on to be the 'explainers' of the anime.

Knives122
Sun, 05-09-2004, 07:49 PM
well yeah thats true, they do explain alot of things the guys dont understand

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-09-2004, 07:52 PM
That's because girls are smart & weak and guys stupid & strong! Just like IRL!

SK
Sun, 05-09-2004, 08:04 PM
lol thats true, and Ino servers as kinda the energetic one too dont you think?

rdkenshin
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:30 PM
shikamaru doesnt think hes the best. He knows where he stands against everyone else.

Hinata isnt a bad fighter either.

Both kiba and Shino think they are the best in their group.

So with this I can say the only group that fits the description above is the naruto group...

Knives122
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:40 PM
what about Lees group

SK
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:48 PM
i think lee's group is just naruto's group but a year ahead, by that i mean theyre supposed to be similar to naruto's group.

Kakashi-Senpai
Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Hmmm....
Neji: Silent type
Lee: Noisy type (hahah! Yah!)
Tenten: ? (She's not stupid, nor is she weak)

rdkenshin
Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
what about Lees group

Ahhh. Yeah I guess they're the same. Although tenten isnt that weak, right?

2/4 groups are the same.

Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:41 PM
unfortunately the system almost expects girls to be weaker, only having one per team. or is that just the ratio between the genders that apply to be ninjas?

Kakafosha
Mon, 05-10-2004, 02:15 AM
its to make each team interesting, instead of having a team of all plain losers, i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Sharingan83
Mon, 05-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Don't you dare say anymore about Kishomoto!
He's a 'genius' in making us think and discuss his manga for entertainment purposes, such as this!
I pitty you ever saying that...

Poiple Weezard
Mon, 05-10-2004, 05:46 AM
We've discussed Naruto Trends before. In fact I was under the impression that was the name of the previous thread. I searched long and hard, but I could not find that previous discussion anywhere.

In the end, I think we discounted most theories considering team make-up, and were just left with the "Two guys and a girl" idea. I wish I could find that thread to link to it, but seeing as how it is many months old, its no use.

Everon
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Yes some teams seem similar in personalities. But thats about it. Each team has their own unique abilities (strengths/weaknesses) so they excel in different areas. This is what makes each team interesting.

For example the Neji, Lee, Tenten team excels in taijutsu, recon, and teamwork, are average in Ninjutsus, and weak in terms of Genjutsus.

Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura team on the other hand, they excel greatly in Ninjutsus, are good in Taijutsu, can identify Genjutus, but are poor in terms of recon (they know little of tracking enemies and setting up surprise attacks, and we know Naruto is the dolt that would be setting off the traps)

Edit: I always mix up ninjutsu and genjutsu, just fixing that.

Rek
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Uhm.. one break in this... shikainocho originals... their fathers.

They were all on a team together (hence why they be chill-bangin' in the sake bar) all guys there.

And that team fits the gender role also, just choji would be the girl.
(IE: "Buy me this, get me barbeque, I'm not fat! Just big boned")
He's a total woman

Tenten: ? (She's not stupid, nor is she weak)

Compare tenten to Neji and Lee. Now, do you think she is stupid and weak? Same with Temari... when compared with their teams the women of this anime are out shined.