PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd master of rasengan?

w455up
Sun, 05-09-2004, 03:33 AM
When reading chapter 153, when Jiraiya teaches Naruto how to focus his concentration using the piece of paper, then walks off to gather info, he says to himself that Naruto could potentially become the 4th master of the jutsu. Now, we already know that Jiraiya and the 4th have mastered it. Then who is the 3rd person to master it?

It seems weird for Kakashi to know, since it is most likely he would use it instead of chidori, especially vs. Zabuza when the speed and precision didn't matter since Zabuza was held down by his dogs. It might have been the 3rd, especially since he was known as "the Professor" and knew every jutsu in the village. But why didn't he use it vs. Orochimaru, especially if he wanted to kill him? One good hit, and BOOOM! Bye bye Orochimaru.

And pure utter speculation, maybe it was Kakashi's friend Obito, and thus being unable to copy it because he can't simply copy chakra control, he developed chidori to try to mimic it?

Post your theories here!

Himura_san
Sun, 05-09-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by: w455up
When reading chapter 153, when Jiraiya teaches Naruto how to focus his concentration using the piece of paper, then walks off to gather info, he says to himself that Naruto could potentially become the 4th master of the jutsu. Now, we already know that Jiraiya and the 4th have mastered it. Then who is the 3rd person to master it?

It seems weird for Kakashi to know, since it is most likely he would use it instead of chidori, especially vs. Zabuza when the speed and precision didn't matter since Zabuza was held down by his dogs. It might have been the 3rd, especially since he was known as "the Professor" and knew every jutsu in the village. But why didn't he use it vs. Orochimaru, especially if he wanted to kill him? One good hit, and BOOOM! Bye bye Orochimaru.

And pure utter speculation, maybe it was Kakashi's friend Obito, and thus being unable to copy it because he can't simply copy chakra control, he developed chidori to try to mimic it?

Post your theories here!

If I had to guess I would say probably someone that has not been mentioned. ;-p

I would think the 3rd would have used it in his fight with Oro.

Tsunade may be a possibility since she knows about it.

L8r
Sun, 05-09-2004, 08:01 AM
i dont think that Kakashi can use the rasengan...
thats why he invented the chidori, i think its some sort of spinof idea to the rasengan...
i think some 1 says it but im not sure

who the 3:rd person is i have no idea...

EDIT:
ok so i didnt read all of the post but that last idea sounds about right to me i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

jing
Sun, 05-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Obito-san? Or maybe one of other 4th's student other than kakashi.

raijin
Sun, 05-09-2004, 09:35 AM
This was asked in another forum, here's my explanation:

From what I can tell from the raw manga, it was a mistranslation.

From the raw manga, where Jiraiya supposedly mentioned a "4th master":
JMjkQ...
gdK.

My translation:
If you get it, you can be like the Yondaime (Fourth)... grasp it yourself.

Alternate translation by AK of Troy (Toriyama's World):
You're one person that can get close to the Fourth, do it yourself

EDIT: It seems that I can't post Japanese characters on this forum.

Assertn
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:13 AM
are you sure it didnt say "master of the 4th's jutsu?"
or in some way acknowledging the 4th hokage instead of 4 people?

edit: oh yeah.....and what raijin said i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:17 AM
It was a mistranslation, there's nothing to speculate

w455up
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:53 AM
ahh ok then. I've been looking for other translations to see whether it might have been mistranslated...well i guess i know now

jing
Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:46 AM
I think its reasonable to say that raijin is right.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 05-09-2004, 02:22 PM
is naruto, well he hastn mastered it yet, but hes on his way of mastering, the only other two that knwo fo this techniqe or how to us erit is teh 4th and jyria( dammit fogot ahot to spell his name) and then that only some ppls knwo fo th technique

Knives122
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:44 PM
You know who it is.....Me, just kidding, but its probably tsunade or someone like that(probably havent met him/her yet)

hornetmike
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:56 PM
I think when they say the 3rd knew all the jutsus in the village. I believe it means he knows of the jutsus. i seriously doubt that he can do all the jutsu in the village. especially the ones from the main clan families and bloodline limits. And also evn if he did know rasengan, it doesn't mean it's a good jutsu for you to use. especially when you don't have much chakra.

khaodessy
Tue, 05-11-2004, 04:12 PM
that explains why later the 5th was like the only ones able to do that jutsu are you and the 4th. i was always wondering about that because it contradicts the 4th master. i know alot of people believe that their is a connection between the three of them but the jutsu from how they making it seem like its some kind of bloodline thing but that cant be it because narutos isnt of a advance bloodline