PDA

View Full Version : La Pucelle Tactics

Rock Lee
Sun, 05-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Just figured i'd see what everyone else thought about the game? I bought it a while back and have been pouring all my free time into it since then. I'd say its a cross between disgaea and valkyrie profile in some senses. Either way for anyone who played its predecessor Disgaea i'd say you'll like it just as much. Though i hear clamp had something to do with it, i never read the manual it eats into play time. The voice acting is bad enough to be humorous and the battle system while lacking the complexity disgaea had is still more than enjoyable. I'd suggest if your looking for a new game to play and like games reminiscient of the old shining force games go get it, its well worth it.

Rek
Sun, 05-09-2004, 02:26 AM
he forgot to mention it was a strategy game...

Stoopider
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:55 AM
What kind of game is it? What platform? Never heard of it. PS2?

Trip
Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:59 AM
It's a Tactical RPG (think of FFT/FFTA) check out some reviews here:

Game Rankings (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/566126.asp)

I'm still waiting for Disgaea to be released in the UK.... no idea if La Pucelle Tactics will get here i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Poiple Weezard
Mon, 05-10-2004, 12:05 AM
I thought that it just came out in the past week in the US. Where are you that you picked it up "a while back"? Import?

I've been having irregular heart rhythms and strange dreams about young french exorcists as I wait to pick up my copy. Not gonna do it till my finals are over this week. I should have an opinion by next Sunday.

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:36 AM
Got the game this past Friday, and like you, its been absorbing near every moment of my free time. Its a fun game. Love the item combination method and the level building. Almost totally free-form in designing your characters as you want to have them for battle.