PDA

View Full Version : IRC vs gotwoot torrents

frexeze
Sat, 05-08-2004, 11:35 PM
i've seent aht downloading from irc tends to be faster than BT'ing, but i'm curious.. are new naruto eps released on IRC before the torrents page of gotwoot is updated? or is gotwoot faster? or are they equal i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Maverick-DBZ-
Sun, 05-09-2004, 12:14 AM
I think IRC is the first to release and about a hour or so later it's on gotwoot. Not too sure but I think IRC is faster. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Bonkers325
Sun, 05-09-2004, 12:21 AM
both at the same time

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-09-2004, 05:28 AM
first people to get it are Distro, which are people with good serving speeds and values, and the XDCC bots..
about an hour or so later, they go public with the releas, when the distro members seed in to pump up the speed...

complich8
Sun, 05-09-2004, 06:25 AM
heh.

bonkers seems to like a slightly different model than that, but .... we'll not comment on his craziness. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

yeah, irc tends to result in faster sends, if the bots aren't flooded and are diverse enough and plentiful enough to keep the bandwidth they provide up. Bittorrent tends to start out slow, and rewards you for sharing (or punishes you for not). So if you've got ... say 100 mbit edu upload, and you crank it up to 100 sends and 1500K max speed, you'll probably be done getting the file in 10 minutes. But on the other hand who has 100 mbit edu without big restrictions on it these days? And if you do and you're not using it, what are you thinking? Seriously, use it!

But for the average user (say cable or dsl user) bittorrent will (for at least the first couple hours after release) probably be slower than irc for you.

kage_bunshin
Sun, 05-09-2004, 08:25 PM
interesting.

i learn new things everyday i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

booJay
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:49 PM
which IRC server/channel do you guys get your eps from?

Kakashi-Senpai
Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:05 PM
You do get the episode faster in irc than the bittorrent ones. But its quite troublesome during peak hours like during naruto releases, as the xdcc list is not allowed by some and there are like a million people getting so the speed is about 60-80kbps for irc. Download time is about 20-40 mins. But if you are not in a hurry to watch it, i suggust the bittorrent, it take about 1-2hs and you help people by seeding too.

Edit: booJay! You can go to irc.rizon.net (server) and #animeone (channel). This is the offical animeone channel.

Ciber
Mon, 05-10-2004, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by: frexeze
i've seent aht downloading from irc tends to be faster than BT'ing, but i'm curious.. are new naruto eps released on IRC before the torrents page of gotwoot is updated? or is gotwoot faster? or are they equal i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

They are released at the same time.

BT will be faster than IRC if you get in it the second we release it.

Why? Because the bots are instantly flooded. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

complich8
Mon, 05-10-2004, 04:30 AM
ahh the good old days, right ciber? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif When everything was irc-only 'cause bt didn't exist.

To follow up another post: the official channels for releases (since it's anbu-aone) are #anbudom and #animeone - both at irc.rizon.com. If you watch the opening, you'll see that we put them and the website www.gotwoot.net in every single opening, and have for a while. Every release animeone does, at very least, will have our official channel in it. I'm pretty sure ANBU and all the other 'major' groups do the same (I've never seen them not anyway). So, when in doubt, treat yourself to the opening of the last episode you downloaded i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

booJay
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by: Kakashi-Senpai
You do get the episode faster in irc than the bittorrent ones. But its quite troublesome during peak hours like during naruto releases, as the xdcc list is not allowed by some and there are like a million people getting so the speed is about 60-80kbps for irc. Download time is about 20-40 mins. But if you are not in a hurry to watch it, i suggust the bittorrent, it take about 1-2hs and you help people by seeding too.

Edit: booJay! You can go to irc.rizon.net (server) and #animeone (channel). This is the offical animeone channel.

thanks Kakashi-Senpai!