PDA

View Full Version : Fire attacks

Lyzander
Sat, 05-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Man i wish that at least 1 time........just one time that if someone uses a fire element on someone that person gets set on fire or at least a burn mark!

Coolman018
Sat, 05-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Well, when they are trying to save the hokage, an ANBU member runs into the barrier and lights on fire...

Lyzander
Sat, 05-08-2004, 08:58 AM
oh yeah

but like besides that

for example the hokage uses a major fire blast attack on the hokages.....and they are like in the fire without a scratch...

goes for other attacks seen as well

Coolman018
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Well... When Sasuke uses the shuriken with the strings attached to trap Oro on the tree, he also gets half his face, or mask, burnt off.

Lyzander
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:15 AM
but he had to like flame him for like 30 seconds

Gods_Son
Sat, 05-08-2004, 10:14 AM
The fire attacks are usually effective when they hit, I don't see what the problem is.

wirm
Sat, 05-08-2004, 12:54 PM
I can understand the first and second hokages being resistant to fire, since they're supposed to be so strong. But when Sasuke used the Sharingan Windmill + Dragon Fire on Orochimaru, it only burned like 1/4 of his face. And that wasn't even his real face. It was just a mask of flesh he was wearing. The fireball burned through the tree that Oro was standing in front of. How could it barely hurt his mask?

Plus, Sasuke's did 2 fire element jutsus on Temari, and she just stood there.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Fire attacks in Naruto are as effective as Vegita in DBZ...

no fire attack will ever do anything to anyone, fire attacks never do shit

The_Fourth
Sat, 05-08-2004, 01:09 PM
I think that fire jutus can affecct someone if they are really powerfull, like for example Sasukes fire isnt going to to anything to Orochimaru since he is so powerful, but anyway thats my thoery.

Mut
Sat, 05-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
I can understand the first and second hokages being resistant to fire, since they're supposed to be so strong. But when Sasuke used the Sharingan Windmill + Dragon Fire on Orochimaru, it only burned like 1/4 of his face. And that wasn't even his real face. It was just a mask of flesh he was wearing. The fireball burned through the tree that Oro was standing in front of. How could it barely hurt his mask?

it only barely hurt his mask and did not completely burn it off because if it did scorch the whole mask, then the cool and creepiness of orochimaru ripping a face off would be defaced.

sasuke purposely made his attacks miss temari so she can throw some kunais into a exploding kwarimi.

wirm
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that Sasuke did not purposely miss Temari.
The first shot with multiple fireballs may have been a distraction to get her onto the ground. (By the way, she stood in the middle of that fire and completely ignored it)

But the second shot with the big fireball was definitely aimed at her. He was talking to himself about pinpointing her, and the shot hit her dead-on.

There was a nice delay during which he asked himself if he hit her. All this time, she was chillin' in the middle of the fireball.

It looks like the only time a fireball jutsu was effective was in ep 68 when a leaf nin blasted away a sound nin. That violet flame shield was cool, but you gotta admit that anbu guy was dumb to jump right into it.

LostAngel
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Yeah plus I remember when he fought Haku it burnt his clothes. Then with Orchi.. I mean the 3rd Hokage did that Dragon Fire Earth Justu combo on him and it didnt even hurt him. I thought it was funny as hell when the Hokage told him to quit playing around.

The reason why it burned half his masked face off in the forest was because it wasn't his. Advance ninjas should be able to counter such a simple attack. Like Kakashi did when they was training.

Knives122
Sat, 05-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Fire attacks are'nt that special or effective unless their concentrate(like in a straight line and really hot) sasuke's fire attack is all over the place, personally i prefer water alot more vicious.

SK
Sat, 05-08-2004, 03:36 PM
hmm i think id rather drown to death then burn to death, getting burned is much more painful, plus when your drowning dont you just black out eventually anyway? anyway back on topic the fire jutsus arent as damaging as real fire would be, but maybe thats just because the first they produce is chakra based, and its only as strong as its user.

Gods_Son
Sat, 05-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by: wirm

I'm pretty sure Orochimaru is stronger than the First and Second Hokage, and Temari was burnt by Sasuke's attack, just not that badly.

Rek
Sun, 05-09-2004, 02:43 AM
simple... have you ever jumped thru a fire, or ran your hand thru a match? Same concept... the jutsu serves the same purpose as kunai, move opponents where you want them.

How many people have actually been hurt by a kunai? Gaara, all the people zabuza fugged up, the one sand nin attacking konoha, and naruto when he stabbed himself in the hand.

Of course enemies could be hurt by the fire, as they could be hurt by kunai... they just choose not to

r3n
Sun, 05-09-2004, 05:29 AM
most likey you can shield yourself from fire attacks with chakra brought to the skins surface, or something.