PDA

View Full Version : Episode 82 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Krbadass
Fri, 05-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Here you go.

Mut
Fri, 05-07-2004, 05:33 PM
i cried when kakashi was getting owned D:

and i'm waiting for everyone to jump on gai's nuts cuz he got kisame with a cheap shot and 'saved' the other jounins.

Aeon
Fri, 05-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Am I the only person that's been finding the episode's more enjoyable without Sakura in them? Anyway's it was a cool ep, I was expecting more from the fight though.

SilentSnake
Fri, 05-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Am I the only person that's been finding the episode's more enjoyable without Sakura in them?

I just realised why these 2 recent eps were sooo great , khe, khe, khe i/expressions/rolleye.gif

SK
Fri, 05-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Yeah Kakashi got owned big time. Tortured for 72 hours and it was just a moment in real time. I wanted Sasuke to come and get owned by his big bro, theyre all lucky Itachi just decided to leave. Next ep should be funny, finally Naruto will start checking out girls other than Sakura lol.

DrunkPotHead
Fri, 05-07-2004, 05:54 PM
next episode looks like a filler

Krbadass
Fri, 05-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Next episode won't just be a filler i think, It should have some good stuff in it. But this actually does make me wonder if Gai is stronger then kakashi or not. i think it's pretty even now.

SK
Fri, 05-07-2004, 06:15 PM
I think Gai would have gotten owned by Itachi more than Kakashi did. But if they had stayed he would have only gotten to fight fish face anyway. I think Kakashi is stronger because of his Sharingan, even if its nothing compared to Itachi's.

Gods_Son
Fri, 05-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Next episode can't be all filler, and Gai might be stronger than Kakashi, but not by much. Gai said he knew how to fight against the Sharingan, but Kakashi's is not like Itachi's, he's a moron.

Knives122
Fri, 05-07-2004, 06:33 PM
I think Gai is stronger remember when he said that they competed like 100 times and Gai had 49 wins while Kakashi had 48, But I agree with you Corps, Gai fighting Itachi would be like a Lion fighting a ant(and Gai's not the Lion)

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 05-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Itachi is pretty strong, but Udon is even more fearsome! And don't get me started on Mr. T i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Fri, 05-07-2004, 06:54 PM
i think the the whole udon thing is dead now.

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 05-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Hehehe, yeah but I'm forging Udon's Comeback i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Now I just need an Udon fansig i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Fri, 05-07-2004, 07:11 PM
gai isnt necessarily stronger.......he just has more experience with fighting sharingan users than any of those other jounin do

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 05-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by: Krbadass
Next episode won't just be a filler i think, It should have some good stuff in it. But this actually does make me wonder if Gai is stronger then kakashi or not. i think it's pretty even now.

Apparently, he did a small number on fishface. So, he is stronger than the sharkey one.

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 05-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Come to think of it, we've never *seen* Gai get defeated, though we can assume that Kakashi probably got the best of him at some point in the past .. but the 50 to 49 thing might include 90-something games of janko or rock-paper-scissors lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LostAngel
Fri, 05-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Hmmm I think Gai could maybe put up a better fight if he had fast speed than Lee with out the weights. If Itachi couldnt see him then he couldnt copy him?? But I am probably wrong. All he would have to do is catch him once put him in a jutsu like he did Kakashi and it would be over. I think Gai could put up a better fight against Itachi though. I wanted to see them duke it out. I know Gai would of lost but it would of been awesome. They don't show enough of him fighting.

That jutsu he did was awesome! I wonder since Kyuubis chakra is merging with Naruto... won't they become like 1 adventually?? If that ever happens... wouldn't the seal be useless?? Because I remember Orchi saying that they where already starting to merge together. Or if there chakra merges... will Kyuubi still be there just without his own chakra then forever depend on Naruto until he dies? Stupid questions but cant help but wonder about them.

I think its so awesome that Jiriaya is going to watch over Naruto.. those 2 are so perfect together.

Hinata-chan
Fri, 05-07-2004, 07:53 PM
#1 - you are suggesting that Gai is slower than lee - and by that somehow implying that lee > gai?

#2 - the chakras are mixing - Naruto is able to extract chakra from kyubi and some of kyubi's chakra is being used as Naruto matures as a ninja - its not necessarily Kyubi's soul takes over Naruto's althought hat is quite possible. But as jirayia says in oh say episodes 54 or so (when he is training Naruto on water walking and unseals orochimaru's seal, the seal is meant to allow only chakra to leak out.

and as far as seeing fast lee/gai - if you remember Kakashi could see Lee moving with his sharingan in episodes 48-49 when lee had his weights off + 5 gates opened... and he has ghetto sharingan so we can safefully assume that Itachi coudl read it like a freaking open book...also note

Sasuke's undeveloped sharingan was able to read Gaara's movement when he was using his tail to fling himself at sasuke - sharingan predicts movement (i.e. kind of see future - refer to the episode with Zabuza + kakashi fight - episode 18 it hink).

The shin otaku version left a whole damn lot unexplained with their translations - for example the scene where Kakashi is fighting Itachi before he whips out the mange sharingan - the translation doens't make any sense - and the Naruto series is actually quite good at explaining what happened in certain jutsu battles

as far as Episode 83 is concerned - i would expect alot to be filler but there is relevance if memory serves right so dont be too disappointed

kage_bunshin
Fri, 05-07-2004, 08:11 PM
it was a pretty cool episode.

I think its the first time we learned gai sensei's full name : MAITO GAI.

SK
Fri, 05-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Oh yeah, I guess now we do know that Kisame and Zabuza have some history together. Since Kisame said to Kakashi something like 'your the one who killed that zabuza kid' and then he says 'we need to dish out some pain.' Seemed like he wasnt to happy about it...

Knives122
Fri, 05-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Oh well for Kisame, not like hell be around once the genins get stronger and kick his ass around the corner into hell, and now that Bakasan is gone shin-otaku is now the worst subbing, it makes me want to literally want to walk up to A/A doorstep and force him to hurry up with their version

SK
Fri, 05-07-2004, 08:47 PM
lol your a dumbass unless you want to learn japanese you shouldent be complaining about the subbers.

NomoZ
Fri, 05-07-2004, 08:53 PM
This was a very cool episode, finally got to see some(if not all) of the sharingan's true power. I wish Gai fought more but oh well. I cant wait to see the move Jirayri is going to teach Naruto that's better than the Chidori.

As for 83, I dont care if it's filler, it looks funny. I hope it's as good as the ep where Ebisu came back to train Naruto, i laughed so hard through that one.

LostAngel
Fri, 05-07-2004, 08:55 PM
hmm I wasn't saying Gai wasn't faster than Lee other than I dont know but sure he is. I am a bit bad at wording things... sounds good in my head but when I type it out seems to always get confusing. O well.

LMFAO I wouldn't want A/A to be faster because that would mean they wouldnt take their time in doing such a wonderful job at translating. To me good translation is the best =D

Think Jiriaya was serious on teaching him a great move or just saying that to get him to on the trip with him?? I cant wait till Tsu comes into the series I just hope its not dragged out to long.

Mut
Fri, 05-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by: Hinata-chan
...and he [kakashi] has ghetto sharingan so we can safefully assume that Itachi coudl read it like a freaking open book...also note

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahaha. nice!

anyway, on to how strong kisame really is. we don't know, we can't assume anything except that he should be stronger than zabuza cuz there is no point of introducing a similar character like that but weaker. and getting kisame with a cheapshot doesn't make gai stronger than kisame in anyway.

Everon
Fri, 05-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Saw the raw, but not the translation yet. Still waiting on A/A. I can't wait to see the next episode. Its gonna be great!

Edit: Lost Angel please resize your sig to the right size.

Assertn
Fri, 05-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
lol your a dumbass unless you want to learn japanese you shouldent be complaining about the subbers.

i think its perfectly reasonably to criticize a group's subbing accuracy....
if they arent going to translate stuff properly, then i'd certainly prefer they wouldnt translate it at all.....

the only thing worse about not knowing what oro and kabuto was talking about in the 81 raw is when oro said "i must kill all the uchihas" in the 81 S-O

tensai
Fri, 05-07-2004, 09:07 PM
did gai do the jutsu of water and then kick kisame, or did kisame do the jutsu but gai suprised attack him. I kinda hoped that they would fight, but then Gai, kakashi, Kurenai, and Asuma would of gotten owned in the end by Itachi.
Kisame and Zabuza part of the same sword group, the red moon organization, the organization going after certain powers,...............so much information in this episode.
Itachis sharingan is killer, maybe he left Sasuke alive because he has the the ability to obtain that power too.
About the fourths legacy...Naruto, does that mean that the fourth was really his father?
Loved this episode cant wait for the next.
Some Tsunade huntin next

Lenas
Fri, 05-07-2004, 09:13 PM
When they say the "Fourth's Legacy," Itachi merely means that Naruto was left behind by the Fourth as an incarnation of Kyuubi. Doesn't necessarily mean they're related in any way.

NomoZ
Fri, 05-07-2004, 09:15 PM
About the fourths legacy...Naruto, does that mean that the fourth was really his father?

I believe the "fourths legacy" was refering to the sealed Kyuubi inside of Naruto.

lol guess i wasn't fast enough to reply first

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 05-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Did you people notice that Saski as a special room for sulken in his place?
He's taking the art of resentment to new heights.

Jchiang87
Fri, 05-07-2004, 09:39 PM
i think kakashi told sasuke to hide there, he thought itachi was after sasuke.
kinda looks like that place konohamaru and iruka went to during the whole sound and sand nin invasion a few eps back

Assertn
Fri, 05-07-2004, 09:42 PM
considering that kakashi was going to that store to get an offering for obito, maybe sasuke picked something up for his clan

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 05-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
considering that kakashi was going to that store to get an offering for obito, maybe sasuke picked something up for his clan

He said that he couldn't eat Natto and something else, so I wonder if he bought anything at all. I mean why wouldn't he say that if he was buying something to bring to their graves? Kakashi said clearly that he was getting something for Obito. Why Saska wouldn't say something similar?
I really don't believe that he cares for his dead family as much as he says.
If he did, he'd be planning of breeding to restore the clan and so he wouldn't be treating Sakura the way he does.
That or they don't teach in the academy where babies come from.

tensai
Fri, 05-07-2004, 10:17 PM
I believe the "fourths legacy" was refering to the sealed Kyuubi inside of Naruto.

When they say the "Fourth's Legacy," Itachi merely means that Naruto was left behind by the Fourth as an incarnation of Kyuubi. Doesn't necessarily mean they're related in any way.

i never really thought about that, i guess.

I think that Sasuke acts the way he does is because if people get close to him, they would just hold him down and get in his way, therefore he just pushes everyone away.
Sasuke probably doesn't want to think about his family because it reminds him of how useless and unpowerful he was back then

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 05-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by: tensai

i never really thought about that, i guess.

I think that Sasuke acts the way he does is because if people get close to him, they would just hold him down and get in his way, therefore he just pushes everyone away.
Sasuke probably doesn't want to think about his family because it reminds him of how useless and unpowerful he was back then

That's why I said the only reason Saska went to his family shrine was to sulk and feel miserable because Naruto is stronger than him. He should compare himself to Sakura, he'd feel better.

an0nym0u5
Fri, 05-07-2004, 11:33 PM
In reply to Sharigan predicting the future:

"It is also said that the Sharingan can see the future; however, this is a false statement, as Zabuza explains it. According to him, the Sharingan cannot see the future; instead, it uses a series of steps to create the illusion that the ninja can foresee the future, making his opponent think so.

The ninja first uses his eye to scare the opponent; he then uses a very smart hypnotist genjutsu, which gives the enemy the illusion that the ninja can see the future. Following that, the enemy is really scared, and starts performing a jutsu; the Sharingan then copies all of the movements, so it looks as if the user can predict his movements by moving the same way as the enemy. Next, through the hypnotic jutsu, the Sharingan suggests a jutsu to the enemy. Finally, since the user knows what seal will be performed, he just copies the movement with his Sharingan, scaring the enemy even more! "

Source: http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/content-Advanced%20Bloodlines,sharingan

Assertn
Sat, 05-08-2004, 01:32 AM
hmm.....well thanks.......
but, was anybody questioning the sharingan seeing the future? mustve missed that post
btw, you cant exactly use narutofan as a reliable source to back up an argument.....they are more or less mere otakus just like the rest of us

itsgalf
Sat, 05-08-2004, 03:38 AM
I think it was a good episode. Hahaha, I love that music that they played when Gai kicked Kisame.

r3n
Sat, 05-08-2004, 04:14 AM
either way, sharingan is a bloody good thing to have i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

z0diac
Sat, 05-08-2004, 08:17 AM
cool ep, i liked how they made itachi look like the ultimate bad ass. I mean he just looks at you and after 1 sec ur down on the floor feeling like youve been tortured for 72 hours and now you can't do shit. I mean he beat kakashi that easily.
Another thing, when you think about it, only Kakashi itachi and sasuke have the sharingan now and if you need sharingan to fight sharingan and Itachi owned Kakashi than that means the only way to defeat Itachi is for Sasuke to own him but thats a little far fetched since Itachi is stronger than Oro...

Anyway im starting to wonder if all mist ninja's have big freaking swords with them and every mist ninja kid when he turns 10 or something picks one O_O

Gods_Son
Sat, 05-08-2004, 08:46 AM
It's obvious that Sasuke should eventually be the one to defeat Itachi, his statement that only a Sharingan-user of the Uchiha can defeat him reinstated that fact. It'll just be a long time before Sasuke is strong enough.

kage_bunshin
Sat, 05-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Hmm Bakasan seems to have subbed 82! go check it out at www.bakasan.net (http://www.bakasan.net)
I guess the group is not gone after all! But they should have released it earlier coz shin-otaku seems to have taken over for this week

SK
Sat, 05-08-2004, 12:26 PM
wohooo Bakasan lives! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif reffering to post below...yeah someone just dl'd it and its just 81 labeled as 82, maybe he messed up or something. anyway im waiting for a/a's to come out so i can delete the s-o one.

deadlydreamx
Sat, 05-08-2004, 12:45 PM
um... is it me or is the naruto from bakasan episode 81 labeled as 82i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

HaZMaTiK
Sat, 05-08-2004, 01:45 PM
lol you guys that bakasan episode 82 is a fake if you read the check sum it says its a "I am Fake"

PoDy
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:29 PM
umm, why has this topic been started when the anbu-aone version issent out?

SK
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:34 PM
.................because the shin otaku version is out

PoDy
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:36 PM
I always thought they waited for the anbu version b4 they started this topic o.O

gokudagreat
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Now that itachi says Naruto is the 4ths legacy, can we safely assume hes his son...

Also, i think that the last few episodes have been a big reminder after all the other characters being really powerful that the anime is ultimately about Naruto and most likely Naruto will be the strongest when its all said and done, the anime is called Naruto after all

LostAngel
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
It's obvious that Sasuke should eventually be the one to defeat Itachi, his statement that only a Sharingan-user of the Uchiha can defeat him reinstated that fact. It'll just be a long time before Sasuke is strong enough.

YUP YUP YUP!! Its going to be him. I remember when Orchi was fighting Sasuke in the forest he said he could sense power in his eyes that surpasses Itachi. So I think after some hard freaking ass training... what I like to call Rock Lee Training... he should be able to fight him.

Hinata-chan
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:53 PM
there is no such thing as a safe assumption - the legacy refers to the Naruto due tot he fact that Naruto has Kyubi sealed inside of him - as explained by Jirayia - Akatsuku is after it...

dont bring in circumstantial evidence such as his looks or OMG he was a baby right then and ther must be 4th hokage's way of empowering his son - also you need to understand it may be ap oor translation done by Shin Otaku cuz everyboyd knows they definately are pretty damn bad....

and as far as stating the obvious goes - where did that come up?

also - how would itachi know that Naruto is the 4th's son? ok so he is about oh .... im not sure 5-6 years older than Sasuke/Naruto - now if HE knew wouldn't everybody else and their mother know?

if the secret of the kyubi inside of him came out so easily why wouldn't this have?

im not saying that he isn't - im just saying that simply saying that he's his son because one guy makes a reference to naruto as a legacy when it could be naruto / kyubi / naruto's hair whatever is not enough evidence ot make an assumption or confuse further readers that there is enough evidence to support taht claim.

its cool to speculate but have some evidence i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Luchio
Sat, 05-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by: PoDy
I always thought they waited for the anbu version b4 they started this topic o.O

The rules have changed, stop living in the past!

This ep was SO great! A lot of background information about Itachi, the Red Moon Organization and their goal. Also we got to see Ero-Sennin taking Naruto's fate seriously. I never thought that he could be that serious.

Wow, that "72 hours of Pain" jutsu is serious ownage. Leaf village is lucky that Itachi doesn't want to start a war, because he is WAY too powerful for any villager, even Ero-Sennin, Kakashi and ANBU. The only one that could beat him is Sasuke, and he's not ready yet.

Luchio
Sat, 05-08-2004, 03:03 PM
its cool to speculate but have some evidence i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

well the reference to Naruto as "4th's legacy" is circumpstancial evidence to me.

LostAngel
Sat, 05-08-2004, 03:04 PM

also - how would itachi know that Naruto is the 4th's son? ok so he is about oh .... im not sure 5-6 years older than Sasuke/Naruto - now if HE knew wouldn't everybody else and their mother know?

I am guessing because if anyone would knew anything about it would be Orchi. I mean didn't Jiriaya left before Orchi and knew everything. If that is the reason why they want Naruto. Rather or not Naruto is the forths son... which I think he is... I still think they are after Kyuubi because what other purpose would they want Naruto for??

SK
Sat, 05-08-2004, 03:32 PM
[quote]
'there is no such thing as a safe assumption - the legacy refers to the Naruto due tot he fact that Naruto has Kyubi sealed inside of him - as explained by Jirayia - Akatsuku is after it...'

well i also thought that meant naruto has some more relation to the 4th other than the fact that the 4th sealed kyubi inside naruto. i mean why would he seal it in a random baby anyway...

'also - how would itachi know that Naruto is the 4th's son? ok so he is about oh .... im not sure 5-6 years older than Sasuke/Naruto - now if HE knew wouldn't everybody else and their mother know?'

really 5-6 years? i always thought he was probably 10 years older, since sasuke is what 12-13? so i assumed itachi was probably in his early 20s like 22-23. and the other villagers may know that the 4th is naruto's dad, just like they knew kyubi was sealed in him.

Hinata-chan
Sat, 05-08-2004, 04:00 PM
my point is really we dont know

i agree there is alot fo stuff that in theory coudl present itself but there is nothign concrete as of yet

who knows - the REAL tranlsation (ANBU/AonE) will tell us more perhaps than SO's version

i agree as far as a relationship - but we cant just assume things i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif - it'd be like assuming that Kakashi is a half-breed Uchiha just because he only has one eye or something

and again - we erally dont know much - even with the manga

Weshy
Sat, 05-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by: Luchio

Leaf village is lucky that Itachi doesn't want to start a war, because he is WAY too powerful for any villager, even Ero-Sennin, Kakashi and ANBU. The only one that could beat him is Sasuke, and he's not ready yet.

Just wondering how you can assume that Itachi is more powerful than Ero-Sennin, when Ero-Sennin is yet to show what he's made of? Plus, don't know why everyone thinks you must have a true Sharingan bloodline to beat sharingan, I think it was pretty clear at the end there that by simple not looking at their eyes you can avoid much of the sharingan's ultiamte powers.

I believe the whole "must be sharingan to overcome me" statement is strictly made in reference to the 72 Hour's of pain move...I think it meant that only a true sharingan bloodline limit can see through the move and thus not have to lose focus of the eyes.

My 2 cents.

Weshy.

tensai
Sat, 05-08-2004, 04:25 PM
yeah, SO version of 81 left out so much info that AA had, so AA's 82 should have more info, probably...but i wouldnt know because i dont speak japanese.

i was wondering, since Kakashi got tortured for 72 hrs which was really one second in real time, what if his bloodline limit caught Asuma and Kurenai? would they show them being tortured together or something, i know its genjutsu, but.....i dont know.......too confusing.....

SofaKing
Sat, 05-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by: Weshy
Just wondering how you can assume that Itachi is more powerful than Ero-Sennin, when Ero-Sennin is yet to show what he's made of? Plus, don't know why everyone thinks you must have a true Sharingan bloodline to beat sharingan, I think it was pretty clear at the end there that by simple not looking at their eyes you can avoid much of the sharingan's ultiamte powers.

I believe the whole "must be sharingan to overcome me" statement is strictly made in reference to the 72 Hour's of pain move...I think it meant that only a true sharingan bloodline limit can see through the move and thus not have to lose focus of the eyes.

My 2 cents.

Weshy.

Probably comes from the fact that Oro explicitly stated that Itachi was stronger than he was, and that Oro is supposed to be the strongest of the legendary three.

Aeon
Sat, 05-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Probably comes from the fact that Oro explicitly stated that Itachi was stronger than he was, and that Oro is supposed to be the strongest of the legendary three.
When was it ever stated that Oro is the strongest of the Sennin? For all we know the Sennin can be the complete opposite of team 7 with Tsunade being the strongest and Oro being the weakest. Plus Frog Summon's>Snake Summon's.

SK
Sat, 05-08-2004, 04:51 PM
i figured tsunade was the strongest but who knows, there probably isnt much difference in strength between oro, jiraiya, and tsunade, and if itachi is stronger than oro then he is probably stronger than the other sennin.

photonic
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:31 PM
We don't know that Oro is the strongest of the three. Nowhere in the anime has it ever said that. You might be able to argue that he's the strongest since the 3rd wanted to make him Hokage, but that still wouldn't provide conclusive evidence. So far all we've seen of Jiraiya is his frog instantly kick the 3 headed snake's ass. So, in a sense at this point, it seems that Jiraiya is stronger than Oro considering that Oro is the snake sannin. Also, the two elders of Konoha tried to make Jiraiya hokage and, when he suggested Tsunade, they didn't seem too excited about the idea. While on the topic of the two elders, is it possible/likely that they were the other two people who trained with sandaime under the 1st and 2nd hokages?

I have a question though. Jiraiya said that within Akatsuki they move in groups of two. Does that mean that Kabuto was Orochimaru's partner within Akatsuki? If so, I think that would put Kabuto significantly ahead of Kakashi in terms of strength. Has anybody ever noticed a ring on Kabuto's finger?

Mut
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:31 PM

My 2 cents.

Weshy.

NOTE: when i say stronger, i mean in stronger in overall skills, abilities, and talent, not just pure strength.

we don't know if itachi is stronger than ero-sennin, but if orochimaru fears itachi then we can assume that jiraiya should have trouble fighting against him. also, itachi said that only a true sharingan user can defeat him. that line should be a hint to who is capable of defeating a master sharingan user.

i'll tell you why everyone thinks that you must have a full blooded uchiha to beat sharingan. when gai said that you can counter/avoid sharingan user by only looking at their feet he is 100% correct. but he is only 100% correct when that person is fighting kakashi only. people have to realize that there is a huge difference between kakashi's and itachi's abilities to use the sharingan. itachi can use the sharingan at full potential while kakashi can only use it to the extent which his body allows. using gai's method to say that you don't need to be a true sharingan user doesn't work cuz kakashi's and itachi's fighting abilities and sharingan skills are at totally different levels.

besides, think about this. gai has trained all of his life fighting kakashi who cannot use the sharingan at maximum. the fighting skills are only trained up to perform against only a intermediate sharingan user. so when gai comes across someone who is a master of sharingan (itachi), he can't match its full power.

and yes, you are correct about only a true uchiha can counter the mangekyou sharingan (tsukiyomi is the name of the genjutsu), but in all aspects of seeing, reading, and copying jutsus, itachi's is far superior to kakashi's (this was proved when kakashi could barely follow with itachi's attacks while itachi had no trouble).

hoob
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

we don't know if itachi is stronger than ero-sennin, but if orochimaru fears itachi then we can assume that jiraiya should have trouble fighting against him. also, itachi said that only a true sharingan user can defeat him. that line should be a hint to who is capable of defeating a master sharingan user.

Well, Oro fears Itachi much more because Oro's main line of offense is Jutsus, which the Sharingan can easily read and copy. So far, all we've seen Jiraiya do, really, is Summon. So, we'll just have to guess that Itachi is stronger than Oro and possibly Jiraiya, until we see Jiraiya in action.

Another thing is, when Itachi said only a true Sharingan user can defeat him, couldn't that be a bit of arrogance speaking, too? I mean, he is superior to many nins, but that could easily lead to him believing he's unstoppable. He doesn't give many people a second chance to come at him, and he kills them before then, so it's not like he can't be stopped. It's just no one has been able to figure out how to stop him yet. It's true, he's pretty harcore, but I gotta think that there's someone who isn't Sasuke that could defeat him.

You also know that Gai doesn't just train to match someone's power, but he trains four, maybe five, times harder to become better than that person. So, we really don't know. All I know is, Gai is the best!

Mut
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by: hoob
It's true, he's pretty harcore, but I gotta think that there's someone who isn't Sasuke that could defeat him.

it is obviously possible that someone else is capable of beating itachi, but we're never going to see it happen. if itachi were to get defeated by someone, it would deface the significane of "there is a man only i can beat" said by sasuke.

hoob
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I know Sasuke is destined to defeat Itachi one day. But you know, a part of me kinda hopes that he doesn't, as well. Something along the lines of Sasuke being incredibly rocked by Itachi and dying. Setting up someone to avenge the death of Sasuke. That would be awesome. But, it's most likely never going to happen. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:53 PM
sarutobi clearly acknowledged orochimaru as the most talented of his 3 pupils....why else would he choose him to be the next hokage?

hoob
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:58 PM
I don't think that means he's the strongest or the best suited. I think maybe Sarutobi was a little biased in this case, favoring Orochimaru a little more than the others. And as you know, we've only seen a little bit of the past, so there's much more to it than that. We've seen Orochimaru show his strength, we've only seen Jiraiya show a little bit. We have yet to see Tsunade in the anime, so we'll see, I guess.

Aeon
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:58 PM
I have a question though. Jiraiya said that within Akatsuki they move in groups of two. Does that mean that Kabuto was Orochimaru's partner within Akatsuki? If so, I think that would put Kabuto significantly ahead of Kakashi in terms of strength. Has anybody ever noticed a ring on Kabuto's finger?
I don't think Kabuto can be in the Akatsuki since he's not a S rank criminal and that seem's to be the standard you need to get in. Plus Oro stated last ep that he left the group because Itachi was stronger then him. So I guess he's a runaway ninja from them also.

Assertn
Sat, 05-08-2004, 06:01 PM
does sarutobi seem like the kinda guy who'd be biased?
he didnt want to see the evil in oro's eyes, because he knew that a ninja as talented as he is only comes around once in a decade or so (i believe thats pretty close to what he actually says himself).....and WHO was the one who failed the survival training and was tied to a log? JIRAIYA i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

hoob
Sat, 05-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Exactly, he didn't want to see the evil in Oro's eyes, he ignored it, hoping that Oro wouldn't be evil. Isn't that bias?
But Naruto was tied up during training too, remember? And he ended up kicked Gaara's ass when Sasuke could barely make a dent, too. So, that has little bearing on someone's ability, rather it has a bearing on their mentality. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I was cracking up when I saw Jiraiya tied up though. hehe

Gods_Son
Sat, 05-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Jiraiya and Orochimaru are probably at about the same level. Sarutobi wasn't really baised, but more naive for believing the best in Orochimaru. The members who formed Akatsuki were S-rank criminals, but that doesn't mean it's a requirement. Kabuto could probably get in if they felt he could help them achieve their goal.

Assertn
Sat, 05-08-2004, 06:10 PM
gaara and naruto are different stories....cause they have their powers from demons

and with your logic hoob, yes.....sarutobi is baised towards orochimaru because of his talent

hoob
Sat, 05-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I can't really think of any counterargument to the Jiraiya thing, yet...but I will! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

This place is cool, though. Much better than the other anime boards I've seen. Man, some of those places are just cesspools of fanboys and fangirls who won't listen to any reason. This place is much more civilized. Thank you, gotwoot! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

chambers
Sat, 05-08-2004, 06:57 PM
and where or when was that stated?

i reckon gai would OWN itachi, also itachi is just one person, its reasonable to assume that while he is performing that technique that he is open to attacks (or at least when he performs it on multiple tagets) . in naruto 1 second is all you need to kill someone.

and anyway isnt nejis bloodline supposed to be better? i think that all in all bar naruto neji will be a pretty powerfull ninja as he learned how to perform his techniques with no trianing from somone else wiht the sam eability (if you ocunt the short stint where his dad was alive).

TwisT
Sat, 05-08-2004, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by: Luchio

Leaf village is lucky that Itachi doesn't want to start a war, because he is WAY too powerful for any villager, even Ero-Sennin, Kakashi and ANBU. The only one that could beat him is Sasuke, and he's not ready yet.

My 2 cents.

Weshy.

Well Itachi is stronger then Oro andOro was thestrongest of him, Jiraiya and Tsunade.. He was also that "one in a lifetime" ninja or something like that (the 3rd said something like that).. And so we can asume that Oro hade much more potential then Jiraiya to so that he has progressed more over time.. Also he has med his own forbidden jutsu's that involve human sacrifice.. Something that probably is very powerful..

And yes Kakashi was not bourne with his Sharingan and that is why it did not help to look with his Sharingan and Itachi meant that he was not a Utchia and therefor it did not help.. Only a person bourne with a Sharingan can look at him.. And that is probably only if the person is strong enough.. I mean if i drive a sword in Itachis heart will he not die because im not a Utchia(yeah yeah i know it's not spelledlike that)?? Of couse he will die..

Well that is MY 2 cents..

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Sat, 05-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by: LostAngel
Hmmm I think Gai could maybe put up a better fight if he had fast speed than Lee with out the weights. If Itachi couldnt see him then he couldnt copy him?? But I am probably wrong. All he would have to do is catch him once put him in a jutsu like he did Kakashi and it would be over. I think Gai could put up a better fight against Itachi though. I wanted to see them duke it out. I know Gai would of lost but it would of been awesome. They don't show enough of him fighting.

That jutsu he did was awesome! I wonder since Kyuubis chakra is merging with Naruto... won't they become like 1 adventually?? If that ever happens... wouldn't the seal be useless?? Because I remember Orchi saying that they where already starting to merge together. Or if there chakra merges... will Kyuubi still be there just without his own chakra then forever depend on Naruto until he dies? Stupid questions but cant help but wonder about them.

I think its so awesome that Jiriaya is going to watch over Naruto.. those 2 are so perfect together.

ok...this whole theory is screwed lol, first off, kakashi/gai are WAY faster than rock lee, we've never even seen them at full speed/power much less with the lotus gates unlocked, also add the fact that sharingan makes u able to see things that are moving too fast for the naked eye to see and that Itachi is faster than both of them, Gai hasnt a chance in the world, as experienced as he is, its no match, itachi has orochimaru afraid if u remember correctly, and gai/kakashi < orochimaru, so to me that says itachi >>>> kakashi/gai, also Gai didnt do a number on fishface, i remember correctly that fishface got up and shrugged it off, for itachi to choose kisame as his partner, he must be damned strong, i doubt that gai or kakashi can mess with either of them without opening the lotus gates or sacrificing themselves

Assertn
Sat, 05-08-2004, 07:14 PM
and itachi can perform jutsus faster than anybody could see it....so if itachi can perform a nin or genjutsu as fast as gai can move, then im sure he could do something to totally screw gai up, even though lately it seems like physical speed can beat pretty much everything else, i doubt that in the naruto world as a whole it makes everything else inferior

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Sat, 05-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by: z0diac

Anyway im starting to wonder if all mist ninja's have big freaking swords with them and every mist ninja kid when he turns 10 or something picks one O_O

i remember seeing int he anime somewhere in the explanation of zabuza that he is a member of the 7 Mist swordsmen or something like that, all jounin+ level ninjas that wield large swords, and kisame is also in that group i think and that would probably be why he wanted to kick kakashi's ass so badly

i disagree about Oro being stronger than Jiraiya and the third sennin tho (a mod should edit the name from his post) and you'll have to wait a while to see why i say this but later on we'll learn more about the 3 and settle these thoughts

chambers
Sat, 05-08-2004, 07:27 PM
look LSJ just because kakashi was scared of oro that doesnt mean gai couldnt have beaten him. its not bloody DBZ powerlevels we are lookin at here, its a game of paper rock sicssors. you cant look at it and say well kakashi and gai are equall so everyone who is above one of them can beat the other, it just doesnt work like that there is too much variation in techniques. just because the bulk of the fighting in naruto so far has been jutsu ( i think iam using that properly) based doesnt mean that the physical part of the attacks isnt just as powerfull.

Mut
Sat, 05-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
i reckon gai would OWN itachi, also itachi is just one person...

hahahahaha good one dude. and rock, paper, scissors theory doesn't work in naruto, k?

SK
Sat, 05-08-2004, 07:42 PM
right thats what i was thinking, Gai would do no better against Itachi then Kakashi did. his speed would be nothing through the sharingan eyes. plus itachi didnt even want to waste time on him, he would have let kisame do the job, since he knew Gai wouldent be able to do anything against him.

Assertn
Sat, 05-08-2004, 08:26 PM
yeah that is true.....not only is itachi's jutsus uber fast....but im sure there's no amount of physical speed thats greater than what he can see with the sharingan

chambers: you dont seem to grasp the true difference in ranks in the naruto world......
if a jounin can kill like 10 chuunins like it was nothing, and a high level jounin can kill 10 anbus like it was nothing, and a chuunin can make most genins wet their pants, then clearly a sanin or a kage would be something insane

paper rock scissors do work, seeing as that naruto lost to lee, gaara lost to naruto, and lee lost to gaara
but only among characters within their respective ranks.....otherwise its a slaughter

V RESPONSE TO BELOW: i agree with you, except you dont seem to catch what we are referring to with the "paper rock scissors" concept......we arent saying that winning in a battle is like winning in a game of "paper rock scissors", we're saying that winning in a battle is determined by which of the 3 YOU are and which of the 3 the ENEMY is

Legendary Nin
Sat, 05-08-2004, 08:43 PM
You don't become captain of the ANBU squad for nothing,nor do you become a sennin for nothing eitheir.People like Kakashi and Gai are not that strong when you compare them to the echelons of Naruto.It's not power levels,it's skill.Skill isn't luck,unlike rock paper scissors.

Hokage-IV
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:22 PM
NOTE: when i say stronger, i mean in stronger in overall skills, abilities, and talent, not just pure strength.

i'll tell you why everyone thinks that you must have a full blooded uchiha to beat sharingan. when gai said that you can counter/avoid sharingan user by only looking at their feet he is 100% correct. but he is only 100% correct when that person is fighting kakashi only. people have to realize that there is a huge difference between kakashi's and itachi's abilities to use the sharingan. itachi can use the sharingan at full potential while kakashi can only use it to the extent which his body allows. using gai's method to say that you don't need to be a true sharingan user doesn't work cuz kakashi's and itachi's fighting abilities and sharingan skills are at totally different levels.

besides, think about this. gai has trained all of his life fighting kakashi who cannot use the sharingan at maximum. the fighting skills are only trained up to perform against only a intermediate sharingan user. so when gai comes across someone who is a master of sharingan (itachi), he can't match its full power.

and yes, you are correct about only a true uchiha can counter the mangekyou sharingan (tsukiyomi is the name of the genjutsu), but in all aspects of seeing, reading, and copying jutsus, itachi's is far superior to kakashi's (this was proved when kakashi could barely follow with itachi's attacks while itachi had no trouble).[/quote]

well, itachi is not gonna say, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXXX and XXXXX is stronger than me, but hes definetly a badas

About Gai can't counter Itachi's Sharingan, all you had to say was Itachi's fighting lvl is much higher than kakashi. Not because Itachi can use the sharigna at full potential and kakashi cant, full potential or not , looking at feet during fighting is all the same to me, but fighting lvl will be different and will determine the outcome.

or maybe purple toenails will determine the outcome..lol

Raven
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:28 PM
*Sigh* the animation of the Mange Sharingan torture scene was even better than I dared to dream! It was so well done. Excellent stuff. And btw, to those who said the next ep is filler, you are wrong.

Raven
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:29 PM
*Sigh* the animation of the Mange Sharingan torture scene was even better than I dared to dream! It was so well done. Excellent stuff. And btw, to those who said the next ep is filler, you are wrong.

Hokage-IV
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:33 PM
look LSJ just because kakashi was scared of oro that doesnt mean gai couldnt have beaten him. its not bloody DBZ powerlevels we are lookin at here, its a game of paper rock sicssors. you cant look at it and say well kakashi and gai are equall so everyone who is above one of them can beat the other, it just doesnt work like that there is too much variation in techniques. just because the bulk of the fighting in naruto so far has been jutsu ( i think iam using that properly) based doesnt mean that the physical part of the attacks isnt just as powerfull.

woohoo, we have a winner..

SK
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:38 PM
what gai said about only looking at his feet was idiotic anyway, what about itachi's hands? or was it a bad translation?

TwisT
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by: LegendarySenninJiraiya
i disagree about Oro being stronger than Jiraiya and the third sennin tho (a mod should edit the name from his post) and you'll have to wait a while to see why i say this but later on we'll learn more about the 3 and settle these thoughts

Why?? Tsunade name has been said.. It was said when they asked Jiraiya to be Hokage he said that Tsunade is better suited for the job..

Hokage-IV
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:45 PM
yeah that is true.....not only is itachi's jutsus uber fast....but im sure there's no amount of physical speed thats greater than what he can see with the sharingan

chambers: you dont seem to grasp the true difference in ranks in the naruto world......
if a jounin can kill like 10 chuunins like it was nothing, and a high level jounin can kill 10 anbus like it was nothing, and a chuunin can make most genins wet their pants, then clearly a sanin or a kage would be something insane

paper rock scissors do work, seeing as that naruto lost to lee, gaara lost to naruto, and lee lost to gaara
but only among characters within their respective ranks.....otherwise its a slaughter

V RESPONSE TO BELOW: i agree with you, except you dont seem to catch what we are referring to with the "paper rock scissors" concept......we arent saying that winning in a battle is like winning in a game of "paper rock scissors", we're saying that winning in a battle is determined by which of the 3 YOU are and which of the 3 the ENEMY is

True difference ranks? lol yes i agree there is ranks in naruto world but i dont know about true difference in ranks... and also rock , scissors and paper also applies to naruto world. Beyond that ,referring to the fan base, it is about perception.

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:51 PM

i know this is from a while ago, but duders....dont we already know that tai jutsu is the best against sharingan from sasuke vs leee fight....so imo gai may be more effective against itachi than kakashi...u know its like how u have rock, paper, scissors depending on the opposition u may hav an advantage or a disadvantage. i think gai may hav an advantage against itachi (couldnt win though)

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 05-08-2004, 10:08 PM
my point is really we dont know

i agree there is alot fo stuff that in theory coudl present itself but there is nothign concrete as of yet

who knows - the REAL tranlsation (ANBU/AonE) will tell us more perhaps than SO's version

i agree as far as a relationship - but we cant just assume things i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif - it'd be like assuming that Kakashi is a half-breed Uchiha just because he only has one eye or something

and again - we erally dont know much - even with the manga

rofl come to think of it that may not be tooo far fethched lol, he may be half uchiha, thats y he was called genius and it was reallly hard for him to gain the power of the sharingan. and he doesnt have the true power of the sharingan coz he is only half or a quater uchicha i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SofaKing
Sat, 05-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
[
When was it ever stated that Oro is the strongest of the Sennin? For all we know the Sennin can be the complete opposite of team 7 with Tsunade being the strongest and Oro being the weakest. Plus Frog Summon's>Snake Summon's.

I'm pretty sure that the 3rd says something to the effect while reminiscing about him.

Also, to comment in general on this rock-paper-scissors thing-

These guys aren't amateurs. While some styles may have advantages over others, I doubt that someone as powerful as Itachi has simply left himself wide open to tai jitsu. Really, how long would most of these guys last if they made no attempt at all to defend themselves against their weaknesses? Itachi would probably be dead by now if he was as vulnerable to tai jitsu as some people here suggest. Kakashi has a sharingan too, but he has good tai jitsu skills to back them up.

Yes, lee owned Sasuke when they fought. That's because Lee has been a Genin longer, and is probably older. Sasuke had already managed to match Lee's speed by the time of the main matches.

I find it highly doubtful that Itachi never learned any taijitsu or ninjitsu that was good against taijitsu.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Itachi's genjutsu reminds me of Ban's evil eye ability from getbackers. Kakashi's the man, but seeing someone own him so easily with an ability like that was just totally awesome. And since we all miss Sakura, I'll bring her up. What we've seen of genjutsu so far has been no joke. If that's where sakura's abilities lie, maybe she'll amount to something after all :-P

Raven
Sun, 05-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
And since we all miss Sakura, I'll bring her up. What we've seen of genjutsu so far has been no joke. If that's where sakura's abilities lie, maybe she'll amount to something after all :-P
Probably not, because look at Kurenai, she's a Genjutsu specialist and she still got owned. Sakura probably won't be any better. Well, maybe, if she gets trained by someone good. But I doubt it.

Outtawack311
Sun, 05-09-2004, 01:02 AM
I am curious about something. Gai said there was another way to fight against sharingan users but he wasnt going to go into it now. I wonder if there is a type of jutsu or ability you can gain that helps defend you against sharingan.
Also, Kakashi wasnt in the jutsu for 70+ hours Itachi let him out after 1 second of real time to show how much can be done in that little of time. He counts down one second in the genjutsu then lets him go.

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-09-2004, 01:07 AM
Gai's other way of fighting sharigan users was probably something equally as stupid as looking at the users feet the entire time. Itachi could've easily killed Kakashi, he just decided not to.

Aeon
Sun, 05-09-2004, 01:19 AM
I think Gai was talking about realeasing a certain amount of gate's.

LostAngel
Sun, 05-09-2004, 01:21 AM
well I think Kakashi thought maybe that jutsu wouldn't work on him because of his sharingon eye. But Itachi completely saw through it. Now on Gais part... he said to look at his feet.... thats not looking into the eyes so probably be able to avoid some of the jutsu. I think because of Gais speed and specialities he would put up a better fight than Kakashi.

One thing I thought was stupid was when Kurenai openingly did her jutsu right in front of Itachi with his sharingon on knowing that he can copy and counter what she does. (I know that was from 81)

Oh and whoever said earlier that Sharingon see into the future (to lazy to see who it was) it cant.... and as long as they dont look into the eyes of the person with sharingon they can avoid some of the jutsu like Zabuza said when fighting Kakashi. Keeping distance and no eye contact.

I wanted to see Gai fight Itachi so badly just to see what he could do. They never really show Gai go all out and fight and I loved watching Lee fight and I know Gai is way better than him.. just has to be... I want a good fight with Gai!!!! I would also like to see Anko get into a freaking cool ass Fight!!

Assertn
Sun, 05-09-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by: Hokage-IV

True difference ranks? lol yes i agree there is ranks in naruto world but i dont know about true difference in ranks... and also rock , scissors and paper also applies to naruto world. Beyond that ,referring to the fan base, it is about perception.

well im glad you agree with me

if you dont understand the true difference in the ranks......watch one of the dozens of episodes where a chuunin got owned by a jounin
in fact you'd have to have missed about half of the entire series to not know what im referring to

DrunkPotHead
Sun, 05-09-2004, 04:25 AM
I don't understand why Gai can't pwn Itachi if he opens all eight gates. Think about it, it has been said (about Rock Lee, which is much weaker than Gai) that if he opens all 8 gates, he becomes temporarily stronger than hokage. I bet if Gai opens all 8 gates, he could own Itachi. And sacrificing Gai to own Itachi seems like a very good trade-off.

hoob
Sun, 05-09-2004, 05:23 AM
How dare you say such a thing???? Sacrifice Gai?? For any reason? Can you sacrifice the sun? Can you sacrifice the moon? NO! Such is Gai..

Javelin
Sun, 05-09-2004, 07:41 AM
if you dont understand the true difference in the ranks......watch one of the dozens of episodes where a chuunin got owned by a jounin
in fact you'd have to have missed about half of the entire series to not know what im referring to

Yet Naruto owned whatshisname in ep 1, who was chuunin. Naruto wasn't even at genin rank at that time.

And in ep 4 or 5, Sasuke outclassed 2 chuunin with ease. I don't think the ranks are that much an indication of fighting ability.

SK
Sun, 05-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by: Outtawack311
I am curious about something. Gai said there was another way to fight against sharingan users but he wasnt going to go into it now. I wonder if there is a type of jutsu or ability you can gain that helps defend you against sharingan.
Also, Kakashi wasnt in the jutsu for 70+ hours Itachi let him out after 1 second of real time to show how much can be done in that little of time. He counts down one second in the genjutsu then lets him go.

uh...no you misunderstood the episode, Kakashi was tortured for 72 hours, but in real time it was only a moment. i dont think gai could beat itachi even with all gates open, since oro was as strong as hokage, and itachi is stronger than oro, then add the sharingan, and gai is no match for itachi either.

Legendary Nin
Sun, 05-09-2004, 08:31 AM
It's not known if Gai can open up all the gates.Some of you still don't understand the ranking.Mizuki was a nobody,those two chuunins (Demon brothers right?) were killed by Kakashi.

CUE
Sun, 05-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by: DrunkPotHead
I don't understand why Gai can't pwn Itachi if he opens all eight gates. Think about it, it has been said (about Rock Lee, which is much weaker than Gai) that if he opens all 8 gates, he becomes temporarily stronger than hokage. I bet if Gai opens all 8 gates, he could own Itachi. And sacrificing Gai to own Itachi seems like a very good trade-off.

Even if gai could open all 8 gates, he still probably wouldn't be able to kill Itachi. Since it was said that whomever opens all 8 gates has more power than a hokage then dies, it's not said how long he could last before he dies.

I mean.. Lee opened 5 gates and kicked gaara's ass for about 40 seconds then essentially passed out. The same would probably happen with gai, only he'd just die.

Assertn
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by: Javelin

Yet Naruto owned whatshisname in ep 1, who was chuunin. Naruto wasn't even at genin rank at that time.

And in ep 4 or 5, Sasuke outclassed 2 chuunin with ease. I don't think the ranks are that much an indication of fighting ability.

thats why i said MOST genins......
there seems to be a recurring theme in the series that if you possess the powers of one of the demon creatures, then you can sorta stand a chance against people a rank above you

and outclassing is different than beating.......
shikamaru outclassed those chuunin who were chasing after them when they left the main matches, but that doesnt mean he could beat them on his own though

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Gai opening all 8 gates and just dying would be funny, but completely pointless. The person who opens all the gates is supposed to become nearly invincible for the short while that they're alive. People called Gaara's victory over Lee by using the gourd lame, doing a sacrifice and not killing your opponent would be even worse. Gai won't defeat Itachi though, because that has been Sasuke's job all along.

z0diac
Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:14 AM
I just noticed that Kisame is actually in the opening. when the opening starts you see him as his shadow lift up his sword and swing at us and the the name Naruto is written with his sword in the background, gj me for seeing it ^^

SilentSnake
Sun, 05-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by: z0diac
I just noticed that Kisame is actually in the opening. when the opening starts you see him as his shadow lift up his sword and swing at us and the the name Naruto is written with his sword in the background, gj me for seeing it ^^

hmm... i've noticed that too, week ago i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I suppose we are not the only ones... furthermore... I'm SURE we are not the only ones...

LostAngel
Sun, 05-09-2004, 06:59 PM
I am curious if anyone has notice how Itachi is with Kakashi. When Kisame was going to fight him he said if he hurt him he wouldn't be forgiven. Then when he did the torture thing on him Kakashi said himself he could of killed him easily but didn't. Not until Kakashi mentioned the Clan and Naruto did he say kill them all. I wonder if he has a bit of a soft spot for Kakashi.

Shin_Naruto
Sun, 05-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by: hoob
How dare you say such a thing???? Sacrifice Gai?? For any reason? Can you sacrifice the sun? Can you sacrifice the moon? NO! Such is Gai..

LOL... BRILLIANT!

Assertn
Sun, 05-09-2004, 07:06 PM
I am curious if anyone has notice how Itachi is with Kakashi. When Kisame was going to fight him he said if he hurt him he wouldn't be forgiven. Then when he did the torture thing on him Kakashi said himself he could of killed him easily but didn't. Not until Kakashi mentioned the Clan and Naruto did he say kill them all. I wonder if he has a bit of a soft spot for Kakashi.

nope......that was most likely S-O messing things up again

itachi didnt want kisame to bother fighting cause KISAME would end up getting hurt

Assertn
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:30 PM
anyone notice that sasuke for some reason had his sharingan on when he was standing in front of that little shrine thingy?
i know it makes for a good transition between him and his brother, but it still seems kinda out of place for him to be using it while he's just standing there in his basement

Hinata-chan
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:34 PM
i believe it is meant to show that much like naruto kyubi - sasuke's sharingan is drawn out by emotion...also it could be respect for the uchiha grave - showing the bloodline limit to his ancestors to show he is worthy and such

he is trying to excel with teh sharingan - it seems as if using it and being able to activate it (in sasuke's caase ) at will always helps

i wish he would freaking get 3 comma's already lol

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-10-2004, 04:41 AM
For what it's worth, I agree with chambers and hokagi IV, that it's not simply a matter of "power levels". While a persons power is important, their fighting style can more than make up for the difference if one is weaker. The "Rock, Paper Scissors" metaphore fits perfectly.

And while you might say "Oh that only applies to people on the same level" you can't even say that when you figure that there are people who are like Gaara that are Genin "level" that could easily defeat most Chuunin.

The point is, you never know who is capable of defeating who, for all we know, Itachi could be really weak against Taijitsu. Granted, its unlikely, but until the situation actually comes up, we won't have any way of being sure.

And like someone mentions, Gai could always do something like open up all 8 Gates and defeat Itachi that way.

As far as the episode goes, its great. I was surprised to find out that Itachi's organization is after the nine-tails. Makes me wonder if maybe there is another pair of that group thats going to go after Gaara.

chambers
Mon, 05-10-2004, 04:54 AM
of course we dont know thaty Gai CAN open all 8 gates, and neither does he. if he did hed be dead!

TheAwesomeChow
Mon, 05-10-2004, 07:21 AM
it's often said that a fighter can look at a man's feet and tell what he is going to do with his hands. Thus in Kendo the big pants were created to hide the movement of one's feet because it was very much indicative of the movement of his hands.

chambers
Mon, 05-10-2004, 07:29 AM
i supposes thats all right IRL but you cant look at someones feet and tell what justu they are going to do, thats the only real thing i think Itachi has on Gai, the speed of Itachi's techniques would be a big probelm for Gai as he wouldnt know untill the very last instant what was going to happen.

Garlannd
Mon, 05-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Goooo Kisame! Zabuza wasn't killed by kakashi. Also I predict this episode has the hot chick as a member of that organization trying to capture nartuo. No doubt why else would some extremely hot chick fall for Jir. Hes an old pervert!

Lets face it shes gotta be some kind of trap.

Assertn
Mon, 05-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
For what it's worth, I agree with chambers and hokagi IV, that it's not simply a matter of "power levels". While a persons power is important, their fighting style can more than make up for the difference if one is weaker. The "Rock, Paper Scissors" metaphore fits perfectly.

And while you might say "Oh that only applies to people on the same level" you can't even say that when you figure that there are people who are like Gaara that are Genin "level" that could easily defeat most Chuunin.

you guys keep bringing naruto and gaara up, but as i mentioned before....

"there seems to be a recurring theme in the series that if you possess the powers of one of the demon creatures, then you can sorta stand a chance against people a rank above you"

but can you think of anyone besides naruto and gaara that has actually defeated higher ranked ninjas by themselves?

Hokage-IV
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:04 AM

Originally posted by: DarthEnder

you guys keep bringing naruto and gaara up, but as i mentioned before....

"there seems to be a recurring theme in the series that if you possess the powers of one of the demon creatures, then you can sorta stand a chance against people a rank above you"

but can you think of anyone besides naruto and gaara that has actually defeated higher ranked ninjas by themselves?

was that suppose to be a tough question? ....

Neji beating one of sound four.. Chouji beating one of the sound four...

chambers
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:11 AM
or even kabuto beating the ANBU SQUAD!
not to mention the fact that there isnt that many fights with weaker rank vs stronger rank in the series anyway. i think if you look at it % wise you will see that the weaker rank win!

i dont think the sound ninjas were higher either.

Assertn
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:25 AM
you're giving the anbu squad too much credit.....they tend to consist mostly of chuunin and lower level jounins

since kabuto is at the same level as kakashi, it was expected that he could defeat those anbu guys

and weaker vs stronger fights do occur a decent # of times in the series, but usually it requires a strength in numbers for the weaker guys just to avoid being completely slaughtered by the stronger guys, or their jounin sensei to come in and save the day

GLS
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:29 AM
getting back to gai...

Gai talked about looking at Itachi's feet while fighting him. For those not too familiar in the world of boxing, this is a principal used by boxers too not only determine opponent movement, but also strength. If a fighter looks weak in the knees, then the boxer can throw the big punch. I know, its not real, please bare with me here.

And with Gai opening 8 gates to own Itachi, there's always that possibility that Itachi can narrowly escape, basically allowing Gai to kill himself. There's a reason the technique is so rarely used.

chambers
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:34 AM
actually AF i dont care wahat you say in terms of REAL rank kabuto is NOT the same as kakashi. so its still stands.

Mut
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:36 AM
in terms of fighting ability, kabuto is about the same as kakashi. orochimaru freaking said so. but obviously the official ranks are different.

chambers
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:45 AM
yes, and seing as tho its official ranks we are tlkaing about then i guess iam right?
(you dont have to answer that)

Assertn
Tue, 05-11-2004, 03:11 PM
unnofficial ranking vs official ranking is nothing more than bragging rights

kabuto purposely stayed as a genin so he could spy for orochimaru in the exams
do you think that by quitting the exams on purpose and preventing himself from becoming chuunin actually makes him weaker than those who DID become chuunin?

CyberPunk
Tue, 05-11-2004, 04:16 PM
guys, there's no way in hell Gai could ever touch Itachi. the guy killed the entire uchiha clan at the age of 13. also, did you see how fast he was using his techniques against kakashi? and i'm sure he was just toying with him. the guy is unstoppable. plus, even if Gai just looked at his feet, he would not be able to see Itachi's hand seals, if that's even possible anyways. Gai would get beaten faster than Kakashi was.

Mut
Tue, 05-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by: Hokage-IV
Neji beating one of sound four.. Chouji beating one of the sound four...

dude wtf is wrong with you. that never happened...

SK
Tue, 05-11-2004, 05:16 PM
wow theres so many Gai fanboys! i didnt even know, i always thought he was goofy like lee.

Hokage-IV
Tue, 05-11-2004, 05:34 PM
my bad... my apology

Hinata-chan
Tue, 05-11-2004, 09:11 PM
way to go lololol

Gods_Son
Tue, 05-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Kabuto is ranked as Genin, but his skill is that of a Jounin. Him, Kakashi, and Gai are all at about the same level. Gai is being overestimated by a lot of people, he probably wouldn't do that much better than Kakashi, if he faced Itachi. Hokage IV, try editing your post instead of just apologizing.

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 05-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by: gaaralovessand
getting back to gai...

Gai talked about looking at Itachi's feet while fighting him. For those not too familiar in the world of boxing, this is a principal used by boxers too not only determine opponent movement, but also strength. If a fighter looks weak in the knees, then the boxer can throw the big punch. I know, its not real, please bare with me here.

And with Gai opening 8 gates to own Itachi, there's always that possibility that Itachi can narrowly escape, basically allowing Gai to kill himself. There's a reason the technique is so rarely used.

Also, during the epi, Gai explained that by looking at a person's feet, you can predict their movements without looking at their arms. Since Gai is a taijutsu specialist (i think, like lee) i think he can tell it better than other ninjas

guys, there's no way in hell Gai could ever touch Itachi. the guy killed the entire uchiha clan at the age of 13. also, did you see how fast he was using his techniques against kakashi? and i'm sure he was just toying with him. the guy is unstoppable. plus, even if Gai just looked at his feet, he would not be able to see Itachi's hand seals, if that's even possible anyways. Gai would get beaten faster than Kakashi was.

Itachi became ANBU leader at 13 i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i still dont know what age he was when he killed his clan.

Anyways, im sure Gai represents some threat to itachi, did he not warn Kisame not to underestimate him?

About Kisame, i have this strange feeling that he'll be majorly PWNed by someone later on in Naruto. I dunno why, perhaps its that "I'm so good because i have the most l33t ninja in the world as my partner" feeling you get from him i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII

Originally posted by: gaaralovessand
getting back to gai...

Also, during the epi, Gai explained that by looking at a person's feet, you can predict their movements without looking at their arms. Since Gai is a taijutsu specialist (i think, like lee) i think he can tell it better than other ninjas

Itachi became ANBU leader at 13 i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i still dont know what age he was when he killed his clan.

Anyways, im sure Gai represents some threat to itachi, did he not warn Kisame not to underestimate him?

About Kisame, i have this strange feeling that he'll be majorly PWNed by someone later on in Naruto. I dunno why, perhaps its that "I'm so good because i have the most l33t ninja in the world as my partner" feeling you get from him i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

EDIT: shit, nm. the anime hasn't caught up to that point in manga i was refering from.

Assertn
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:52 AM
i'd assume he was an ANBU captain BEFORE killing his clan though

LostAngel
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Well going by Sasukes thinking back of the time Itachi killed off the clan he looked about 8 or 9 to me. I am bad about telling how old kids are in anime years though.

I think Gai could possibly put up a better fight with Itachi. When he mentioned watching his fight that Asuma said only Gai could do that or whatever. Kakashi's mistake was thinking that Itachi's jetsu wouldn't work on him because of his Sharingon. As for Kakashi fighting Itachi Face to Face I think Gai would run around like a monkey dodging attacks getting in what he can. Now fighting face to face or running around... I think Gai would last longer.

When Itachi finished using his eyes on Kakashi you could see it wore him out by him breathing heavily and that face. So if Gai where to fight him then he could of definitely could of had a decent fight.

But lets not forget... Sasuke is going to have to kill Itachi.. same as it was destenied for Naruto fighting Gaara. With the comments that Sasuke has power that surpases Itachi.. I personally want to see Sasuke kick his ass. Oh I have a question. Kakashi said that Sharingon can't copy advance blood techinques. But if Sasuke was using sharingon on fighting or just watching Itachi fight would he be able to copy his jutsu since he is of the Uchiha clan? I would think he could.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:04 AM
Kakashi's mistake was thinking that Itachi's jetsu wouldn't work on him because of his Sharingon.

good job pointing that out cuz that question should make us think. if kakashi, the genius, thought that his sharingan would be able to go against itachi's sharingan (which obviously failed horribly), why should we assume that gai's method should be effective against itachi's sharingan?

it's the same method but applied onto totally different scenarios. and besides, kakashi is really out-skilled in almost all ways when compared to itachi.

EDIT:

Oh I have a question. Kakashi said that Sharingon can't copy advance blood techinques. But if Sasuke was using sharingon on fighting or just watching Itachi fight would he be able to copy his jutsu since he is of the Uchiha clan? I would think he could.

i'm assuming that you mean mangekyou sharingan... i'm not sure if he can copy it, but he can learn it obviously. but even if he is able to copy it, i doubt that sasuke's sharingan would even be able to copy it since it's not as nearly developed as itachi's.

Assertn
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:11 AM
But if Sasuke was using sharingon on fighting or just watching Itachi fight would he be able to copy his jutsu since he is of the Uchiha clan? I would think he could.

that was actually brought up in another itachi discussion thread, i believe (actually i think it was kakashi though, not sasuke)

i would assume no....because just as other blood limits cant be copied, this one prolly couldnt either. its a genetic thing, and if his sharingan couldnt perform it before, then i doubt it would be able to perform it just by witnessing it. A baby can't walk just by watching adults walk until its body is trained for it, and im sure a sharingan user cant reach those levels of bloodlimit abilities without training his sharingan to at least acquire those 3 comma things.....

not to mention if that move takes alot of chakra out of itachi, imagine what it'd do to sasuke!

Shin_Naruto
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

it's the same method but applied onto totally different scenarios. and besides, kakashi is really out-skilled in almost all ways when compared to itachi.

its not the same method
Kakashi thought his eye was immune to Itachi' Genjutsu.
Gai thinks his fighting style is a way to counter Itachi' obvious advantage.

One is a physical trait, the other is a fighting method. The only simularity between the two is that they are/were both theories. One was proven wrong... the other was not shown.

I think Konoha knows much about the Sharingan, since its been the home of the Sharingan for many years. Them understanding how to fight against it is very plausible. However a surgically implanted eye has no history and Kakashi just came to the wrong conclusion.

Thats my thought at least.

My opinion is he could copy the Mangekyou if his Sharingan was much more advanced, as of yet its only copied some of Lee' Taijutsu. The Mangekyou is just an evolved high level technique, unless its an evolution only found in certain Uchiha members... a bloodline limit of a bloodline if you will. Sakura hasnt brought out her 'bloodline limit of a bloodline limit' scroll yet. hehe

I do have a question... Kakashi can learn/copy Taijutsu, counter/copy Ninjutus, but can he do anything vs a Genjutsu attack that anyone else couldnt do?

-not going to be around to see the answers for a while... taking off to E3 in the morning and gone for a few days.-

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:01 AM
excellent analysis on my response. you were correct about nothing. i was talking about applying gai's method to fight kakashi to itachi being illogical.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:06 AM
i'd assume he was an ANBU captain BEFORE killing his clan though

Seems very unlikely that a mass murder would be promoted to ANBU captain.
Otherwise, Oro could have been the fourth and so much conflict would have been avoided.

Shin_Naruto
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:30 AM
Im sorry, but the english language doesnt bend to what you mean to say.
When you bring up Kakashi' 'method' to fight Itachi, then Gai's 'method' then say 'its the same Method' that conveys you are comparing Gai and Kakashi' method to eachother, not Gai's method to the different matchups.

What you should have said is: Gai's method vs Kakashi is the same he would use against the much tougher Itachi. Itachi is on a different lvl then Kakashi and therefor is not a good indication of any method that would work.

Why is it illogical? Please educate me. You have yet to provide one piece of evidence that supports your theory.

Assassin
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:30 AM
the sharingan is supposed to be able to cancel/see thru genjutsu.....but im guessing, since itachi = pure ownage, kakashi's sharingan couldn't do it and was over powered.

ps: IM BBAAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 111

DID U GUYS MISS ME?? (correct answer = yes we did, followed by hugs)

Shin_Naruto
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin
the sharingan is supposed to be able to cancel/see thru genjutsu

ahh ya...
forgot that lesson

thanks! =)

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:51 AM
the most logical thing to do would be to conclude that Gai's method WOULD work against itachi also, maybe not the the point where he could beat him but hes certainly the best suited to the task. think about it, if gai can beat out the advantage of kakashis eye, and the main advantage of itachi is that someone has to ACTAULLY LOOK at the eye in order to succumb to that technique, well Gai still counters it by not even looking at his face. so infact Gai's method will be MORE effective when figthing itachi, why you ask? heres why: it is logical to assume that kakashi DOES NOT rely on the sharingan as much as itachi in battle as it tires him out. Itachis focus on the sharingan MUST lead to some weaknes in other areas, no i know there will be some people who will say "you dont get to be the best ninja in the world if you cant defend against physical attacks!", well to be honest thats a valid point, but when you are fighting against someone who specializes in your weakness (and we know its his weakenss becasue its been shown (lee v sasuke, gai v kakashi) to be an effective couter to the technique) it becoms a whole diffrent kettle of fish, not to mention there is NO other person in the village who fight sht esame way as Gai (at least not as good otherwise he would be known to us) we have also never seen a ninja similar to Gai in any other country and the only one who compares is his student, so it snot like Itachi will have huge experince in figthing someone of gais strenght.

so as you can see its PERFECTLY logical, and mut@t@ instead of saying " your wrong about everything, and its not logical....PROVE IT. use reasonable method and examples to PROOVE it. saying well itachi is a lot strong than kakashi is utter BS because Gai counters the very thing that is stronger about him.

Assertn
Wed, 05-12-2004, 11:00 AM
the proof is the record held between gai and kakashi. Even though gai counters the very thing that is stronger about kakashi, they still are almost evenly matched

therefore anybody higher than kakashi's level would be too much for gai

LostAngel
Wed, 05-12-2004, 11:04 AM
I think your right chambers. I think Gai would stand a better chance. Now Itachi is fast as performing techinques... but he will have to be able to keep up with guy in complete movement. If he can't see Gai running around in speed that I expect to way surpass Lee... it will be hard to follow his movements. Like Sasuke fighting Lee.. he was able to copy his movements but couldn't keep up. Itachi is faster at performing techs Gai is faster in movement I would assume. I would think faster movement would have the advantage.

And if Gai voids all eye contact he stands a better chance than Kakashi.. Itachi said not to underestimate him so he knew that he was good and plus if he took Itachi then... Itachi was all worn out. Breathing heavily and crap for fighting with Kakashi. So more likely he wouldn't of been able to keep up with Gai. And with Asuma as back up since he said Gai was the only one who could fight Itachi he would take on Kisame I would guess. But I don't think Kisame could stand a chance against Gai.

I really wanted to see Gai take Itachi on though I want to see one good fight with Gai one on one with someone powerful. They should of at least let him and Kisame duke it out.

Oh yeah one thing I have learned from Naruto... people in lower ranks can still beat crap out higher ranks.

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 11:27 AM
yes but AF you also have to consider that for perhaps a large part of his life Kakashi didnot have the sharingan so would likely be more focuses (read: better) at other parts of fighting. also from seeing kakashi fight we can see that he doesnt solely rely on the sharingan, whcih form what we have seen of itachi makes him different. the only key thing we need to remeber is that gai takes the sharingan and effectivly nullifies it, now if we look at itachi and say that his strongest wepaon is his sharingan and gai removes that form the equation, we have to think that gai now has the upper hand.

Knives122
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:07 PM
the most logical thing to do would be to conclude that Gai's method WOULD work against itachi also, maybe not the the point where he could beat him but hes certainly the best suited to the task. think about it, if gai can beat out the advantage of kakashis eye, and the main advantage of itachi is that someone has to ACTAULLY LOOK at the eye in order to succumb to that technique, well Gai still counters it by not even looking at his face. so infact Gai's method will be MORE effective when figthing itachi, why you ask? heres why: it is logical to assume that kakashi DOES NOT rely on the sharingan as much as itachi in battle as it tires him out. Itachis focus on the sharingan MUST lead to some weaknes in other areas, no i know there will be some people who will say "you dont get to be the best ninja in the world if you cant defend against physical attacks!", well to be honest thats a valid point, but when you are fighting against someone who specializes in your weakness (and we know its his weakenss becasue its been shown (lee v sasuke, gai v kakashi) to be an effective couter to the technique) it becoms a whole diffrent kettle of fish, not to mention there is NO other person in the village who fight sht esame way as Gai (at least not as good otherwise he would be known to us) we have also never seen a ninja similar to Gai in any other country and the only one who compares is his student, so it snot like Itachi will have huge experince in figthing someone of gais strenght.

so as you can see its PERFECTLY logical, and mut@t@ instead of saying " your wrong about everything, and its not logical....PROVE IT. use reasonable method and examples to PROOVE it. saying well itachi is a lot strong than kakashi is utter BS because Gai counters the very thing that is stronger about him.

You're right Chambers Gai's method would be the most effective against Itachi, b/c of his training with Kakashi(and the sharingan) but since Itachi is an "expert ninja" he would of fought against at least one person like that before, and he would of eventually seen through Gai's strategy, now you cant factor out the fact that Itachi was weakened from using the Mangekyou Sharingan on Kakashi(his eyes were twitching(means he was stressed out)) So might of done ok alright, but not that good against Itachi, b/c even though he has the sharingan and it seems like he invincible with them, that doesnt mean he doesnt have some other cards up his sleeve

CyberPunk
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:14 PM
exactly, even without the sharingan, itachi is still a genius ninja. just like sasuke was top student in his class without even having the sharingan yet.

Stęgan
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:44 PM
the funniest thing in 82 is what jiraiya tells naruto in the wery end of the EP

Jiraiya: Okay, Naruto.....

Naruto: Yeah?

Jiraiya: You go back home alone, train, and go to sleep

man that was so funny but in the s-o it is totally different (its in the A\a )

chambers
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:50 PM
at last a well thought out reply, but i think your wrong, it doesnt mean that he DOES have some trick up his sleeve, i mean look at lee, hard work genius who cant use any techniques other than ones that encahnce his physical status. neji seems the same. shikamaru is clearly physically weak and only specializes on his familys technique and his witts. Gaara is the same, physically weak. the only real exception to this seems to be naruto and the one 'lion comb' technique that sasuke uses. so while iam agreeing that aninja like itachi wont be totally defenceless i doubt he would be able to keep up with gai, i mean itachi aint invincible, thats more than likley why he works with a physical partner.

and while it IS stated many, many times that sasuke is the top rookie i doubt that in a exam style fight situation he would have beaten shika, kiba (the bug guy?) or even i-no. there is nothing special about sasuke he knows one technique the fire one thats it, and it seems to do little damage anyway.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:57 PM
the only key thing we need to remeber is that gai takes the sharingan and effectivly nullifies it, now if we look at itachi and say that his strongest wepaon is his sharingan and gai removes that form the equation, we have to think that gai now has the upper hand.

no. gai doesn't effectively nullify anything. maybe kakashi's sharingan, but not itachi's. if gai's method totally nullifies kakashi's sharingan then there would be no point of him pointing out that they're eternal rivals. is gai someone who would brag about being better than a certain person if gai can beat them every time? NO. also, we haven't seen the method being used on itachi, only on kakashi's ghetto sharingan. stop bringing up the fact that gai's method works on kakashi's sharingan cuz that's not what we're applying gai's method to. the method only works to a certain extent and we all know that itachi's sharingan is far better than kakashi's.

also, i agree that gai is very fast, possibly faster than kakashi. sasuke made a comment about it when gai first appeared. fine, i believe that. but that's a comment made from a genin. but kurenai said herself that itachi's movements are way too fast for even her (a jounin) to keep up with.

and stop telling me i'm not supporting any of my counter arguments. i've done just as much as you have.

I think your right chambers. I think Gai would stand a better chance. Now Itachi is fast as performing techinques... but he will have to be able to keep up with guy in complete movement. If he can't see Gai running around in speed that I expect to way surpass Lee... it will be hard to follow his movements. Like Sasuke fighting Lee.. he was able to copy his movements but couldn't keep up. Itachi is faster at performing techs Gai is faster in movement I would assume. I would think faster movement would have the advantage.

And if Gai voids all eye contact he stands a better chance than Kakashi.. Itachi said not to underestimate him so he knew that he was good and plus if he took Itachi then... Itachi was all worn out. Breathing heavily and crap for fighting with Kakashi. So more likely he wouldn't of been able to keep up with Gai. And with Asuma as back up since he said Gai was the only one who could fight Itachi he would take on Kisame I would guess. But I don't think Kisame could stand a chance against Gai.

I really wanted to see Gai take Itachi on though I want to see one good fight with Gai one on one with someone powerful. They should of at least let him and Kisame duke it out.

Oh yeah one thing I have learned from Naruto... people in lower ranks can still beat crap out higher ranks.

itachi is very fast a performing techniques, possibly fastest we've seen so far. but you guys do realize that after itachi performs the hand seals both him and the clone have to move around too, right? that's how it is done. it was explained when bunch of narutos jumped out of the lake and attacked kakashi. kakashi quickly did a replacement jutsu and hid in a tree. so far, itachi has proven that he's A LOT faster than we give him credit for. and ranks have nothing to do with someone beating up another.

heres why: it is logical to assume that kakashi DOES NOT rely on the sharingan as much as itachi in battle as it tires him out.

what? did you not see that kakashi whipped out his sharingan as soon as zabuza appeared? kakashi is a great ninja but his sharingan makes him even deadlier.

...but when you are fighting against someone who specializes in your weakness (and we know its his weakenss becasue its been shown (lee v sasuke, gai v kakashi) to be an effective couter to the technique) it becoms a whole diffrent kettle of fish, not to mention there is NO other person in the village who fight sht esame way as Gai (at least not as good otherwise he would be known to us) we have also never seen a ninja similar to Gai in any other country and the only one who compares is his student, so it snot like Itachi will have huge experince in figthing someone of gais strenght.

STOP BRINGING UP OTHER FIGHTS THEY ARE TOTALLY IRRELEVANT TO ITACHI. using lee vs sasuke as an example is RETARDED. a lot of people have tried using this to support their argument but it does not work. if you don't understand that you can't use this to support your response, then you are hopeless cuz that just explains that your analysis skills are below mediocre.

LostAngel
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:37 PM
nah my point is that at the moment if there was a fight right then since Itachi was showing how much (after using that torture jutsu I forgot the name of it) it took out of him. I mean that face and the huffying puffing... I think Gai could of had a better chance then Kakashi. On normal terms.. I don't think he would really stand a chance.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:56 PM
nah my point is that at the moment if there was a fight right then since Itachi was showing how much (after using that torture jutsu I forgot the name of it) it took out of him. I mean that face and the huffying puffing... I think Gai could of had a better chance then Kakashi. On normal terms.. I don't think he would really stand a chance.

wait wait wait... so what you're saying was that gai could've had a better chance than kakashi AFTER itachi used mangekyou sharingan? man, wtf? that's not fair at all. how about we turn it around and say that, itachi has 100% chance of beating gai after he opened up 7 gates.

but if that's not what you were saying then nevermind D:

LostAngel
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:01 PM
lmfao I am not saying that he will win against Itachi... all I am saying with him worn out... he would have a more of a upperhand then what Kakashi did. If Itachi had used the mangekyou on Gai and was worn out then if Kakashi was going to fight him after than he would have more of the uppper hand then what Gai did. So to me that person would be able to put up a better fight instead of getting their ass kicked right off the bat.

If that makes any sense... sounds better in my head then when I try to explain it.

Hinata-chan
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:27 PM
somehow - somewhere - a forum will exist where people actually WATCH the episode and READ the subs so they can determine what ACTUALLY happens...

now - arguing over a hypothetical situation is absolutely worthless

concenring sasuke's sharingan - the genjutsu that Itachi uses is not one to be copied - it is a bloodline limit end of story - the sharingan ITSELF is a bloodline limit and sasuke will be able to develop that jutsu when he masters the sharingan (whatever the hell that means - nothing in particular seems to show development)

Protoss
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:34 PM
This is definetly my favorite episode so far.

I liked it much better then 81 animation wise and his background is much better then naruto and other kids + no sakura at all this whole episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ITACHI is just so much tougher then the other leaf/sand/sound jounin's, plus looks and sounds a lot better then that noob sasuke,

Hopefully itachi kills a few leaf ninja's and his crappy partner who he really doesn't need just probably makes him do the dirty work so he doesn't have to show off.

IamSpazzy
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Quick question. Just how good is Itachi without Sharingan?

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by: IamSpazzy
Quick question. Just how good is Itachi without Sharingan?

we're probably never gonna see itachi without his sharingan.

Assassin
Thu, 05-13-2004, 12:00 AM
how good is itachi without the sharingan?

well considering he's a total bad ass character, i'd say he'd be pretty good......u dont make a villan with that much power be a one shot wonder, if u know what mean.......thats the "real world" explanation

now, as for the "anime world" explanation......he became ANBU captain at 13. U dont get a position like that just cuz u have a bloodline limit. remember anbu's track down missing nin's (well hunter nins do, but they're just a division of anbu anyway) and protect kage's and feudal lords. They have to be elite in every way, shape and form or else the mission mite fail. Also, he killed teh ENTIRE uchiha clan! they were also sharingan users, and im sure there were atleast 10-15 had completely mastered it....and fomr that there had to be 2 or 3 that could own like 3 jounins all at once......and yet none of them stood a chance against itachi, so hes gotta be pretty badass

gokudagreat
Thu, 05-13-2004, 12:03 AM
I havent read a page of manga, but i just think that everyone talks about how Itachi killed the entire uchiha clan at like a really young age, I know hes all powerful and such, but it just seems like their HAD to be some strings attach

Imagine Neji trying to kill all of Hyuuga, it just doesnt seem plausible, even if Neji was 10 times stronger
unless there were strings attached or some wierd circumstance to it

plus the anime always mentions it, so there must be more to it than meets the eye

IamSpazzy
Thu, 05-13-2004, 12:14 AM
He could have killed them all in their sleep.

One more quesiton. does anyone know if Obito has a meaning in Japanese? Everyone thinks he's a Uchiha, but is it based on anything besides Kakashi probably got his sharingan from his teammate...the guy with the goggles?

Kakashi's team seens a bit like Naruto's, and the goggles on the other guy just reminds me of Naruto before he got his forehead protector

Mut
Thu, 05-13-2004, 12:18 AM
i don't think people truly understand how strong itachi really is. i truly believe that he is 2nd to last bad guy that we will be introduced to, if not, the final bad guy. i'm pretty sure everyone would agree that orochimaru is an EXTREMELY powerful ninja. but kishimoto made it seem as if itachi is even stronger than orochimaru by making orochimaru fear him. that part alone makes me believe that itachi is too many levels above bad guy before him for the storyline to bring in another, even stronger bad guy. i'm not sure if everyone can fully understand what i mean by that but i'm just trying to get at the fact that if another stronger baddy was introduced, then the story would go on for WAY too long, and i don't think the story has enough depth for that amount of longevity. there is no way for me or anyone else to explain it here in more detail in the anime forum without spoiling every other sentence. even if you were to read an explanation and read the manga up to where it is (ch 214), you probably still won't be able to grasp itachi's overall strength.

i'm probably gonna go put up a detailed explanation on my site later... but be warned, it'll contain many spoilers. however, i think it's going to be a real good reading for those who like to know more about what others think.

gokudagreat
Thu, 05-13-2004, 12:45 AM
I do trust that Itachi is mega-powerful, the only reason i would think that there will be one more stronger than Itachi is that Sasuke MUST be the one to kill or at least defeat Itachi, but that leaves Naruto hanging and obviously since the anime is named Naruto, i would think that Naruto would defeat the ultimate baddy, like the overlord of all death or some crap like that, anyways i think that there is probably one stronger than itachi, unless they choose to make the anime 900 episodes long, and the manga who knows how long, in which case there may be way more villains way stronger than Itachi

Assassin
Thu, 05-13-2004, 09:09 PM
I think mut@t@ is rite...itachi is like the ultimate villan so its not likely that we'll see someone even better after him (save for sasuke, who will in the end kill him and be the ultimate badass). If they kept comming up with new villans it would be too much like dragonball z or digiman or something, where as soon as they defeat the boss, u find out tehre was someone else pulling the strings from the shadows who's even stronger.....it'll b really gay.

Waht i see happening is that we'll see the other 6 member of the secret organization (atkasuki or something) and they will be defeated one by one untill we finally get to itachi (and hopefully we'll see oro comeback somewher along the way). thats probably where the series should end.

As for what gokudagreat said, ur rite, sasuke has to be the one to defeat itachi, but that doesnt' mean naruto needs a villan to defeat too (and if that is what they decide to do, it'll probably be oro). SInce its sasuke's goal to defeat his brother, that conflict will be solved once itachi is dead. but naruto's goal is to become hokage, so its likely that rather then having him face a villan, he'll probably just become uber strongm be recognized for saving the village or something, and it'll be implied that he will soon become the hokage (i dont see the kishimoto actually showing them all grown up).

They might do somehting like an X-men:Evoluion ending, where all the kids are shown grown up, and naruto will be hokage and sasuke will be rite beside him with sakura/kakashi/iruka and the rest all in one big group

But ya, i dont see anotehr villan after itachi

Destiny
Thu, 05-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Well, what about the kyuubi. You'd never know, it might sumhow find a way to break the seal (or someone dispells it), then that could be the ultimate baddy. Then Naruto would finish what the 4th started using his own powers against the kyuubi. It will show how much he's grown throughout the series

miaka
Thu, 05-13-2004, 10:10 PM
82 was kewl... @_@ was surprised at itachi

Mut
Thu, 05-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by: gokudagreat
I do trust that Itachi is mega-powerful, the only reason i would think that there will be one more stronger than Itachi is that Sasuke MUST be the one to kill or at least defeat Itachi, but that leaves Naruto hanging and obviously since the anime is named Naruto, i would think that Naruto would defeat the ultimate baddy, like the overlord of all death or some crap like that, anyways i think that there is probably one stronger than itachi, unless they choose to make the anime 900 episodes long, and the manga who knows how long, in which case there may be way more villains way stronger than Itachi

i don't think we're gonna see another villian after itachi. i think naruto will defeat orochimaru. i can't explain further since i'll end up spoiling.

EDIT: if you really want to know why, PM me. but i'll be spoiling.

gokudagreat
Thu, 05-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Man, i know Itachi is super badass and all, but come on, the anime is called Naruto for god sakes, just admit that he will end up being the hero of the story, and theres probably someone out there stronger than Itachi

Assertn
Thu, 05-13-2004, 10:51 PM
you guys say that itachi uses the sharingan all the time? just cause he has it on all the time doesnt mean he's more dependent on it than kakashi is......

in fact they made no reference whatsoever in him using his sharingan when he was fighting kakashi, except for that mange sharingan thing he did at the end, and he obviously had the upper hand even without using that move

there's a common practice in the entertainment business to not openly state details that the audience is expected to assume based on the rest of the story details. For example, you can tell a person's status and power just by the way other people treat them. If everyone was all acknowledging gai as he walks down the streets and admire him for his insane skills, then we could assume he's on a level way above that of any of the other konoha ninjas. But instead people tend to acknowledge jiraiya, kakashi, and anyone from the uchiha clan....
therefore one could use these hints to figure out that "hey, these people MUST be pretty strong".....nobody really acknowledges gai, however....in fact even kakashi kinda ignores him half the time. Sure gai is probably strong, but just because we havent seen him lose yet doesnt mean that he's invincible.....gai even knows this himself, which is why he wanted asume to back him up and try to hold them until reinforcements arrive

in fact, the reference of gai and kakashi being nearly tied in wins/losses is supposed to hint to the audience that they are on the same level....and an even BIGGER hint about a potentially good fight (even bigger than gai pointing out a flaw in the sharingan, which i'd like to add doesnt actually put gai in any sort of advantage, in fact it decreases his vision of the target....it just prevents him from being vulnerable to the most powerful moves of the sharingan)...and that is sasuke vs itachi.....i think the whole "only another sharingan user from my clan can beat me" line is a good example of foreshadowing

EDIT: Thanks Mut@t@, i try to remind people that Naruto is, in fact, a tv show....and so there are some guidelines that its supposed to follow because of that i/expressions/beer.gif

Mut
Thu, 05-13-2004, 11:00 PM
you guys say that itachi uses the sharingan all the time? just cause he has it on all the time doesnt mean he's more dependent on it than kakashi is......

in fact they made no reference whatsoever in him using his sharingan when he was fighting kakashi, except for that mange sharingan thing he did at the end, and he obviously had the upper hand even without using that move

there's a common practice in the entertainment business to not openly state details that the audience is expected to assume based on the rest of the story details. For example, you can tell a person's status and power just by the way other people treat them. If everyone was all acknowledging gai as he walks down the streets and admire him for his insane skills, then we could assume he's on a level way above that of any of the other konoha ninjas. But instead people tend to acknowledge jiraiya, kakashi, and anyone from the uchiha clan....
therefore one could use these hints to figure out that "hey, these people MUST be pretty strong".....nobody really acknowledges gai, however....in fact even kakashi kinda ignores him half the time. Sure gai is probably strong, but just because we havent seen him lose yet doesnt mean that he's invincible.....gai even knows this himself, which is why he wanted asume to back him up and try to hold them until reinforcements arrive

in fact, the reference of gai and kakashi being nearly tied in wins/losses is supposed to hint to the audience that they are on the same level....and an even BIGGER hint about a potentially good fight (even bigger than gai pointing out a flaw in the sharingan, which i'd like to add doesnt actually put gai in any sort of advantage, in fact it decreases his vision of the target....it just prevents him from being vulnerable to the most powerful moves of the sharingan)...and that is sasuke vs itachi.....i think the whole "only another sharingan user from my clan can beat me" line is a good example of foreshadowing

wow. this post right here should be sticky'd. preach on brotha.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-14-2004, 05:17 AM
now - arguing over a hypothetical situation is absolutely worthless

Um, if we didn't do that, we wouldn't need a forum, as its pretty much the only thing to do here. You can only talk about a 20 minute long episode once a week for so long before the discussion roams into what COULD happen rather than what did.

Otherwise, the conversations would just die out, quick, and then...what would we need to come here for?

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 05-14-2004, 05:49 AM
I'd be shocked if Itachi was the final villain of the series .. as a matter of fact (not a spoiler - just an opinion..) Itachi seems both weaker and more sympathetic in the anime compared to the manga. Itachi also has something else holding him back, and that is the 'zero-personality-no-jutsu' technique he has .. it's like he works as hard as he possibly can to be absolutely and completely boring. Hard for someone so utterly devoid of any memorable personality to be credible and effective as a villain. Kisame, while probably many times weaker than Itachi, at least is interesting to watch ..

Another problem with the 'Itachi-as-last-villain' theory, is that Kishimoto has Sasuke dialed up as the obvious protagonist character to take him down .. which wouldn't work for a couple of reasons ..

(1)- It will take Sasuke QUITE some time to get strong enough to even stand against someone the likes of Itachi .. maybe a hundred anime episodes at the minimum? All this while, it's pretty likely that we would see a new primary villain appear to replace Orochimaru ..

(2)- Having the main villain of the entire series being defeated by a secondary character (and a one-dimensional one, at that) .. would be staggeringly anticlimatic.

(3)- I don't want to get into anything from the Manga, but Itachi has already started a cycle of failure .. verbally dismissing the encounter as 'nonsense', but retreating nonetheless .. hardly the style of an ultimate villain.

(4)- Udon pwns Itachi any day of the week i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

chambers
Fri, 05-14-2004, 06:09 AM
Well iam not so sure that Naruto will be th eone to save the day at the end of the series, i mean yeah sure thats the traditional way and its what everyone expects because the anime is called naruto. but the best films dont have the most expected endings. its stated that naruto isnt the kinds of guy thats at the centre of the story (thats bad paraphrasing however). now while this may have been to further his performance in the chuunin exam we cant be sure, it could be a direct hint that infact he WONT be the main character come the end show. perhpas he is a supporting role character, it is after all what his entire character is about, helping the people he cares for, and it wouldnt be too far fetch to assume he dies for this cause (read that as saving NOT killing somone to save the day).

also about the villans, i dont think this will be anywhere near the last villain, as we have ye tot be introduced to the othe rmemebers of itachis orginization. there has been nothign mentioned of the sand's intent on revenge and what consequences it could bring about ( i mean on oro not on konoha), we still have to be introduced to the other villages as well. and if you DO adhere strictly to the view that nartuto is the hero and he will beat everyone and he will become the hokage (as i think some people here will be) and unwilling to listen to alternate theorys then i still think he is a LONG way off of becomeing hokage, unless of course if everyone has a huge war wiht the organization and they all die except for naruto!

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 05-14-2004, 06:16 AM
Lol yeah of course it's a long way off, but unless someone alters the universe ..

Naruto will eventually become Hokage ..
Sasuke will eventually avenge his family ..
Sakura will eventually become useful ..

LOL well maybe that last one is stretching it a bit i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I'd still bet the odds are pretty high on learning something powerful before the series is over with .. though I couldn't possibly care less, she has been so 'blah' for so long. At least she's not repeating 'Sasuke-kun' over and over quite as much as she used to i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Garlannd
Fri, 05-14-2004, 08:02 AM
I bet sakura's a genius.

Yea that seems like a total far stretch but remember shes got that two mind thing as we've seen againts Ino.

That thing took control temporarily and she looked all pyscho. I'm guessin shes got some super power or somethin. Maybe that sasuke lackey will actually become something useful. If not I predict in the end of the series she'll just become a teacher like Iruka sensei

Also I predict somehow that kyugi or whatever that nine tailed fox is called will someone get out of naruto and naruto will have to fight him. Yet somehow naruto will kick its ass and win.