PDA

View Full Version : bandages?

mode7
Fri, 05-07-2004, 03:00 PM
why do some ninjas use bandages? (rock lee, sasuke, neji, kakashi, kurenai, etc.)

do they use them as some kind of getting less damage from hits? or just show off?

Knives122
Fri, 05-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Lee uses his bandages for his Lotus attacks, sasuke has his, to tie his kunais to his leg, Dont know about Neji, but Kakashi and Kurenai just have it for show.

KreShar
Fri, 05-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Most of them probably just to look cool. Though Kakashi and Zabuza probably wear the masks on their faces to be more stealthy. Because a well trained ninja or tracker could find out your position just from the sound of you breathing,so if they wear them it muffles their breath,and also helps them blend in with the dark. Lee wears the bandages because of the scars and burns on his hands and arms (Seen in an early episode when he fights Sasuke) Or to be used with his Lotus techniques,wear he wraps the enemy with them so they cant escape. As for Kurenai... Well,that's her clothing,if she didnt wear that she would be naked (Not that i would mind..) This is my first post btw.. Been wanting to sign up for a while but never got around to it.

Mut
Fri, 05-07-2004, 03:26 PM
the bandages have ZERO significance in terms of covering up wounds or injuries. it's nothing but part of the character custom design.

fizzlesticks
Fri, 05-07-2004, 04:51 PM
thats a lie,,they cover up lee's burns.

Shin_Naruto
Fri, 05-07-2004, 05:09 PM
a bandage is like a super healing thing of awesome... just place it over any wound and within an episode or 2 you will be fully healed.

but they are only as powerful as 1/100000th of a single tear.

Assertn
Fri, 05-07-2004, 05:50 PM
i think fighters tend to use bandages over their hands to prevent them from taking as much damage in fights

kilzo
Fri, 05-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Actually if you want to get right down to it, Lee's bandages could be more for a cover.

For most boxers or martial artists who tend to use bandages for their hands, can be for a number of reasons. Some of the main ones would be:

-Slow/Thin Blood flow: This is for mostly boxers who do a large amount of punching, the blood could have some flow complications and may explode a vein so thinning it lowers its chance of bursting in a fight with high blood flow.

-Keeps hands in place: A lot of times for most all fighting styles, the wrist and fingers tend to be weaker areas which can break easily if problems occur, which the tight wrappings keep the wrists and fingers in place stronger, a brace if you can call it that.

-Cover: this may sound off, but actually, when in fighting your moving a countless amount of muscles and at certain points they may bend off to a side if a bone or another muscle is there (normal). Think of it as a meatbag, you throw it around alot some of the meat is going to get jumbled up and could pinch. when a muscle may come out wrong, could come in by the knuckle perhaps, and when throwing a punch, goodbye tendon.

For most fighters its normal for a person like Lee to have it, Boxers do etc, so it gives him that look they where going for, and the best guess for it would be for the jutsu, for looks, and for a cover (cuts, bruises, sprains can get worse if not covered like above).

logic
Sat, 05-08-2004, 01:16 AM
Should all be ashamed.

Its the dagger holder, strapped to their leg.

In fact, in one episode, during the chuunin exam #2, where sauske, naruto, and sakura are in the forst, when sauske attacks naruto or the other way around, not sure, the reason they say is because the transformation was done incorrectly, in naruto's case it was because of the gash on his cheek (which could of healed fast from kyurbis (spelling?) power.. but anyway) and the other instance it occured was because the shuriken holder was on the wrong leg.

The other's have already been explained.

r3n
Sat, 05-08-2004, 04:21 AM
i think its for covering wounds/strapping shuriken holders to legs/to look cool/character design

im sure the creators didnt really think into it too deeply, i presume the concept artists designed the characters with bandages because it fitted their character (rock lee - kick boxer) or because it look cool

The_Fourth
Sat, 05-08-2004, 12:48 PM
In many sports like in boxing, fighters use bandages to prevent their wrists to get broken. They also protect your hand from severe cuts or injuries, for example rock lee.

SK
Sat, 05-08-2004, 12:55 PM
well for rock lee its to protect his hands, like real boxers. sasuke to protect his arm when using the chidori (sp?) the others i think are just character design.

Stoopider
Sat, 05-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Bandages is used for wrapping stuff up. Ninja's use them to wrap stuff up. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

jing
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Kurenai uses bandages to look hot.
Rock lee uses it for lotus.