PDA

View Full Version : Dispute

Bloodhybrid
Wed, 05-05-2004, 11:39 AM
well thiers been a rumor knockin about that naruo is gonna be aired twice a week
a dispute i was having with a friend is would ANBU and AonE drop naruto cause they couldnt sub naruto aswell as others

or drop others and just sub naruto

Aeon
Wed, 05-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Why wouldn't they just be able to sub both eps while continuing to work on other anime's? If it started coming on twice a week then I think we would have to wait till maybe Sunday or Monday and get a double release of both eps.

Garlannd
Wed, 05-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Twice a week prolly is even better. Meaning maybe they air on sunday so we get a shot on wednesday and maybe they air on wednesday so we get a shot on sunday. That seems to be how it works so far with naruto we get it usually saturday or wednesday.

So if its spaced out right we could pretty much have two episodes a week making it alot more bearable. I personally hope they have two a week.

SK
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:13 PM
thatd be awesome, whered you hear it might come on twice a week?

gokudagreat
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:16 PM
that rumor cant be true, if they aired it twice a week it would catch up WAAY to fast with the manga

Rek
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:25 PM
actually, if they did that, it'd prolly only be for a season or too...

I agree with goku -_-

you may have misconstrued... they could just show 2 episodes of naruto, not nessesarily new episodes, just 2 episodes, which is probably more likely...

complich8
Wed, 05-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Japan's production has a "Just in time" model. That means that the ep you can get raw today didn't exist as a complete episode 3 days ago. They finish production very shortly before the air time.

I don't see the producers adding the pressure of another new episode per week, like goku said it'd catch up with the manga. That'd be bad for the series, because then it'd have to slow back down. Right now it's able to do 1-2 manga chapters per week and keep kinda chuggin' along, and will be able to do so pretty much indefinitely. Catching up to the manga would mean slowing down to 1 chapter per week, or deviating from the manga's storyline, or introducing whole episodes of filler.

In any case, if they did air two new eps per week, we still wouldn't drop anything. We'd keep doing what we do, which is sub them as our time permits. I don't get where you'd think we couldn't sub it as well as others (our usual turnaround time for an episode is around 3 days lately, we could fit two of those into a week with no real problems even if they were constant work). Do you just have a low opinion of us as groups, because we're not next-day subbers? Are you unaware that anbu does like 5 other series, and aone's doing like 10 others?

Man .....

Knives122
Wed, 05-05-2004, 03:05 PM
To me thats extremely bad, since the manga comes out once a week and the anime is starting to catch up with it, we might have another R.Kenshin on our hands, and that wouldnt be to cool

Outtawack311
Wed, 05-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by: complich8
Japan's production has a "Just in time" model. That means that the ep you can get raw today didn't exist as a complete episode 3 days ago. They finish production very shortly before the air time.

I don't see the producers adding the pressure of another new episode per week, like goku said it'd catch up with the manga. That'd be bad for the series, because then it'd have to slow back down. Right now it's able to do 1-2 manga chapters per week and keep kinda chuggin' along, and will be able to do so pretty much indefinitely. Catching up to the manga would mean slowing down to 1 chapter per week, or deviating from the manga's storyline, or introducing whole episodes of filler.

In any case, if they did air two new eps per week, we still wouldn't drop anything. We'd keep doing what we do, which is sub them as our time permits. I don't get where you'd think we couldn't sub it as well as others (our usual turnaround time for an episode is around 3 days lately, we could fit two of those into a week with no real problems even if they were constant work). Do you just have a low opinion of us as groups, because we're not next-day subbers? Are you unaware that anbu does like 5 other series, and aone's doing like 10 others?

Man .....

I think he meant that you wouldnt be able to sub the other animes as well since your time would be taken up entirely by naruto. He was asking if that happened would you drop some other animes, drop naruto or just keep on chuggin.

Assertn
Thu, 05-06-2004, 01:21 AM
it was predicted in the open forums that the current rate, the anime would catch up to the manga as early as the fall of 2005 (im pretty sure it was 2005 anyway)

this in itself is a concern for us, because if they catch up, then thats when we'll likely see the storylines break away into different tangents...most likely resulting in the anime storyline becoming crappy...it HAS happened to other anime series before.

now, if they started releasing the anime episodes twice as fast...then i would TRULY be concerned about the future of this series

Kumiriko
Thu, 05-06-2004, 01:30 AM
Agreed. anime passing over the manga is just wronge. if that dose happen we truely will have naruto z on our hands

kage_bunshin
Thu, 05-06-2004, 09:09 AM
There can't be two eps a week. i don't know how its gonna work, especially with the manga going slower than the anime (hehe i'm stating the obvious i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

kilzo
Thu, 05-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Having two would just burn out the writers and staff out there in japan, they're quick and all but doing all these mangas and an extra episode is highly unlikely.

Bloodyhybrid, i hope you might want to relook what you just said. A/A is the best quality fansubbing out there at this time, this has been argued about, but i think everyone can agree they're good. Only different thing is they do alot of other animes and well Bakasan *Sad to see them/him go* only did this series.

Bakasan - RIP (if what i hear is true).

r3n
Thu, 05-06-2004, 10:29 AM
that rumor is obvious bs. jst like all the naruto rumors.

SilentSnake
Thu, 05-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by: r3n
that rumor is obvious bs. jst like all the naruto rumors.

like for example "OMG !!! NARUTO HAS BEEN LICENSED..." makes me wanna yell "WHAT??!! IT'S BEEN LICENSED... *AGAIN* ??!!" i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Krbadass
Thu, 05-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Naruto airs in japan every wednsday. Meaning it can't be subbed twice because it doesn't come out twice. Case closed.