PDA

View Full Version : era

heihaci
Wed, 05-05-2004, 06:17 AM
does anyone know what year naruto is set in e.g ancient japan?

BTW when naruto and co did there test in the forest.I remember the examiners watching a video of Gaara completing the task without a scratch!!!!
what i dont understand is if they had videos and CCTV why isnt there any cars,mobile phones and why the ninjas have no guns etc?

Koyuki
Wed, 05-05-2004, 06:32 AM
I think its in the same timeline as now. They have technology.

I don't know why they don't got any guns. Maybe because it's cooler without

primalspas
Wed, 05-05-2004, 06:34 AM
kishimoto wanted it to be a modern timeline that way he could play with technology, but he made it a little more practical for a world that still has numerous ninjas with superhuman powers. He did an interview about this, pretty interesting read.

Stoopider
Wed, 05-05-2004, 07:42 AM
I think the timeline was before the age of the initial apocalypse. Before Naruto casted 'end of the world' spell and incinerated everybody. Leaving his son Adam, and Adam's wife Eve (Sakura's daughter) to restart the world with all the animals in Noahs ark.

If not, the dimensional gateway would open and earth would be over-runned by the Kyuubi's minions.

Okay. I'm trolling. I don't think it exist in any era. Its just purely fictional. Just like the Iraq war.

heihaci
Wed, 05-05-2004, 07:57 AM
yeah i know it all fictional but i just though it was inconsistent to have a VCR when most of it seems like there is no modern technology!!!!

yeah i guess it is better without guns -i mean summoning up giant frogs etc is more interesting!!!

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 05-06-2004, 03:49 PM
I've actually wondered about the timeline myself. Guns, lets not even talk about guns yet. They don't even use swords. Everyone pulls out this damn little freaking kunai, it pisses me off. Actually The only guy that used a sword they killed off. , all the people who have swords have died, e.g. Hayate and Zambuza. I'm sorry but every damn ninja movie I've ever seen has katanas. They're like in every frame. This is the first manga that I haven't seen at least a katana in every episode.

I just don't like the fact that you can block Zambuza's sword with a little kunai. Sorry, but that things got much more F=MA then a kunai.

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 05-07-2004, 02:02 PM
It's just an ambiguous time with elements of different times best suited for Kishimoto to tell his story.

*edit* Guns would be lame

Brutus
Sun, 05-09-2004, 06:47 PM
No swords? well, the big frog...uh...gamambutu or something uses a sword, orochimaru used a sword, the death god has a sword, zabuza had a sword, and quite frankly if a huge frog using a sword isn't enough for you, just go buy a sword and a camcorder i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Gods_Son
Mon, 05-10-2004, 02:13 PM
There's no era that Naruto took place in, it's fictional.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
I've actually wondered about the timeline myself. Guns, lets not even talk about guns yet. They don't even use swords. Everyone pulls out this damn little freaking kunai, it pisses me off. Actually The only guy that used a sword they killed off. , all the people who have swords have died, e.g. Hayate and Zambuza. I'm sorry but every damn ninja movie I've ever seen has katanas. They're like in every frame. This is the first manga that I haven't seen at least a katana in every episode.

I just don't like the fact that you can block Zambuza's sword with a little kunai. Sorry, but that things got much more F=MA then a kunai.

Well, without them, it would be impossible to say, is that a kunai in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Mut
Mon, 05-10-2004, 04:24 PM
if everyone used katanas instead of kunais then it would just become kenshin with nin/genjutsus

SK
Mon, 05-10-2004, 04:43 PM
think about it in Naruto they are so fast you wouldent be able to fire a gun before theyre already behind you or have gotten out of the way. plus im sure their ninjutsu are way more powerful than bullets. in their world you wouldent need to develop guns, you have ninja.

XwingRob
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:03 AM
The story takes place on Ninja planet, in the 29th century.
The ninja colony ship crashed and they lost all their technology, so they had to start over. Yeah.....i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

PSJ
Thu, 05-13-2004, 03:17 PM
lol what a lame thread....

dbz_kidnaruto
Thu, 05-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
lol what a lame thread....

you got that right lol