PDA

View Full Version : Worst animated episode?

Himura_san
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Ok so which episode do you consider the worst animated in the series so far. My pick goes to episode 54, which is quite heinous regarding the animation.
That episode had me disgusted in some of the scenes, the characters were unporportional and their facial expressions were ridiculous.
So what do you guys think?

Vagabond
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:42 AM
Episode 65 was the worst animated episode IMO.(The episode right before the hour long special)

njdevs95
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Any episodes that are just a summary of what has happened to that point suck, I've already watched all those I don't need a recap gimme new stuff.

Himura_san
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by: Vagabond
Episode 65 was the worst animated episode IMO.(The episode right before the hour long special)

Yeah that one sucks goat balls, but 54 still takes the cake, would not be surprised if the same animation studio did those two.

@njdevs95: I was only talking about animation not the episode itself.

Mut
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:47 AM
blah, nm. D;

Himura_san
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Are you talking just episode or the animation used, I am just saying the animation, the drawing not how poor or boring an episode is.

Kakafosha
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:21 AM
45 was the worse animated episode ever. i remember watching it for the first time and it kinda made me not want to watch naruto anymore, thats how bad it was. lets never speak of it again.

kage_bunshin
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:37 AM
I'm another one of those who think episode 65 was horrible. The drawing, animation was digustingly poor and its an episode not worth watching over and over.

But no matter what, i'm still a huge hardcore naruto anime fan! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

The_Fourth
Wed, 05-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I would have to say ep. 71, the story was really great, but I dont know the animation in my opinion wasnt that great.

hornetmike
Wed, 05-05-2004, 10:41 AM
I definitely have to agree with the-fourth on that one. cause i had a lot of expectations and was so disappointed when i saw the animation. point blank episode 71's the worst animated episode. for such an important eps. that was just horrible. Oro and sarutobi looked aaaaaaahhhhh. the best closely drawn character from that eps was probably Enma.

itachi_
Wed, 05-05-2004, 12:04 PM
ep 30, 65, and 71, those are the only bad animated/drawn etc

kage_bunshin
Wed, 05-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Actually when i think about it, i episode 79 could have been better.

Knives122
Wed, 05-05-2004, 07:21 PM
i think ep 70 was bad, it seemed bad to me

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 05-05-2004, 07:23 PM
45 was absolutely horrific, who could forget Naruto's 'foot-hand' thing, or the action scenes that just had a few frames repeated OVER and OVER again .. it was unreal! Watch 45, then watch 48 .. or pretty much any other ep .. BIG difference. 65 was pretty crappy too, I think it was the same animation team i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

jing
Wed, 05-05-2004, 09:09 PM
id say 71 was quite funny to watch, Chibby hokage haha..
45 too.... that was just awefulll. on naruto's match too. jeez.

DrunkPotHead
Wed, 05-05-2004, 10:24 PM
I was really wasted when i watched episode 71, and after that, i didn't watch naruto for weeks. Made me barf too.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Wow, you people are some whiney little punks.

"Omg! The animation was slightly poorer than usual! That makes me physically ill and also I'm gonna quit watching!"

Or maybe your just exaggerating to make yourself sound like a big man.

Yeah, I think its choice B...

Anyway, the only episodes where I even noticed any decline were the Hokage battle episodes, the proportions in some of the shots just seemed off.

kage_bunshin
Thu, 05-06-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Wow, you people are some whiney little punks.

"Omg! The animation was slightly poorer than usual! That makes me physically ill and also I'm gonna quit watching!"

Or maybe your just exaggerating to make yourself sound like a big man.

Yeah, I think its choice B...

Anyway, the only episodes where I even noticed any decline were the Hokage battle episodes, the proportions in some of the shots just seemed off.

hehe i don't think we're exaggerating to make ourselves sound big. We're just complaining a little, thats all i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-06-2004, 04:19 AM
Yeah, but actually saying the animation made you throw up?

That's just juvenile.

z0diac
Thu, 05-06-2004, 06:50 AM
Well i think the absolute winner is episode 45. I think i could draw better than that little pokemon style cartoon. There was a scene where when naruto laughed he didnt move he wasnt detailed at all and all he did was close his eyes and move his mouth. It looked so wrong and bad made me wanna stop watching. Actually that ep got me to lose intrest for a while. Most yucky ep i could think of

q2klepto
Thu, 05-06-2004, 04:28 PM
NO WAY, 71 was one of the BEST animated episodes. Hokage actually looked old and frail, the fight sequences were TOP NOTCH...i believe it was the same animation crew that did the sasuke vs orochimaru fight. the angles they used was amazing, the detail is great..look how the Hokage's face got contorted when slammed by the 1st's fist.

the worst animated ep was probably... naruto vs. kiba or sasuke vs kabuto's teammate in the prelims

another good ep in terms of animation quality is naruto vs neji 1 in the finals ep 60 i blieve

of course the entire zabusa saga was great too...i think i started a thread on how the animation was going down the tubes after watching the naruto vs. kiba ep...akin to how transformers/gargoyles/TMNT have great animation at the start then turn to shit afterwards...

i guess with naruto..they have different teams rotating the episodes...

anywho..ep 71 was one of the best animated episodes.