PDA

View Full Version : So how many episodes of Macross Zero are there?

kschang
Tue, 05-04-2004, 03:31 PM
I remember watching Robotech when I was quite a bit younger. Later I learned the difference between Robotech and Macross and SDF-1 and 2 and Southern Cross and Mospaeda and all that. So Macross Zero is a "new" to me.

And what is Macross Seven? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Munsu
Tue, 05-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Macross Zero = 5 episodes... 3 released

bitwar
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:18 PM
If I remember correctly, the Macross series have been (in release order):
Super Dimentional Fortress Macross (Robotech: Macross Saga) TV series
Macross: Do You Remember Love movie (TV series condensed)
Macross II
Macross Plus
Macross 7
Macross Zero

In chronological order:
Macross Zero
SDF Macross/DYRL
Macross Plus
Macross 7
Macross II

Macross 7 was about the 7th Macross ship (or something like that). It has not been licenced in the US to my knowlege and the only way to get it is through fansubs if there are any left out there. I don't know much about it, but it didn't look all that interesting to me. It looked like it focused on a rock band or something. I'm sure someone knows the series. I also didn't like Macross II. SDF, Plus, and Zero are the only ones I like, and they're among my favorite anime.

EDIT: Corrected the chronological order.

hybridchild
Wed, 05-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Macross II isnt part of the canon but if it did it would come after M7 in the chronology.

As for Zero paty four is out in Japan on the 28th so look our for fansubs in early/mid June

Hybridchild

Kak Worm
Wed, 05-05-2004, 02:55 AM
*possible spoilers, u have been warned =p*

Macross 7 is abt some large long range emigration fleet, headed by our dearest Maxmillian and Miriya. Along the way, they run into the Protodevlin, whose seem to be unaffected by the conventional weapons of the macross 7 fleet. It is later discovered that songs can set them on the edge, and that will be how the band, Fire Bomber comes into the picture. Yes, we had a singer and a pilot for main characters before. And now, we have a 2-in-1 combo, a singing pilot! Seriously, its a creative, but still a bad idea, IMO.

bitwar
Tue, 05-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Ok, I see how Macross II would be after Macross 7. But how do you say that it doesn't fit into the canon? It looked like it fit in to me. I think it sucked, but it still fit in.

hybridchild
Wed, 05-19-2004, 09:13 PM
It wasnt made by bandai without imput from Studio Nue or any of the original creators thus Studio Nue and Shoiji Kawamori made Plus and 7 they decided to make them without including II in the canon as a result II is set 50 years after 7 and in it mankind is containted in the Sol System fighing off the odd Zenthradi attack but in the canon they started sending out colonly mission a couple of years after the original series 7 is set on one such colony fleet. In II they are using the VF-2 where as in the canon the VF-2 was an abandoned design and by the time of 7 theyve had the VF-4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 14, 17, 19, 22, 3000 and 5000 as well as the VA-3, VB-6 and a few others. In II the Macross is an old relic that hasnt been used since the Battle of Macross City at the end of the original but in the canon it was repaired and is the headquarters of the UN Spacy

Theres various other reasons but the most important reason is because the creators say it isnt canon

Hybridchild