PDA

View Full Version : [ANBU-AonE] torrents slow as balls

Torrent Junkie
Tue, 05-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Is there a problem with [ANBU-AonE] torrents? They have been slow as balls lately. I'm re-downloading Naruto 21-30 and I'm getting 0kb upload/download. Gantz episode 3 took forever too the other day. I normally get fast downloads when downloading from other groups. Anyone have any idea?

njdevs95
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Probably just because of selfish bastards that turn off their uploads.

Lego
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
im with NJ on this one. Theres a lot of people who put their upload down to 0, or turn it way down so they get full download.

It always pisses me off when im on a torrent with 2 seeds, and 10 leechers, and i get a 3kb/s speed

kage_bunshin
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:47 AM
yeah there are alot of selfish bastards around... but oh well

But anyways when there are not that many seeds and too many leechers, speeds will suck shit i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

GLS
Sun, 05-09-2004, 02:39 PM
I cant ever think of a moment where my upload speed has ever droppen under 100Kb/sec. Therefore, I am an EXTREMELY fair player.

Bakka
Tue, 05-11-2004, 10:52 PM
the ppl that drop their UL rates don't benefit much from it. If they are not uploading, they will not get fast downloads, simple as that. I mean, when i DL Naruto, i DL at 150-200 kb/s, but only once i start uploading at like 25-30 kb/s.

Also, Lego, it all depends on if you can really connect to those 10 leechers. If you can't DL from them fast enough, BT will just say forget them cuz they are too slow.

Another possibility is if your behind a firewall and are not using a BT program such as Azureus or Shadow, you can't forward ports to your computer so your DL will be slower. When I switched from regular BT to Azureus and configured it properly, i jumped from 20 kb/s DL to 150kb/s DL. I fell offa my chair i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

BadGuy
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:16 AM
actually assignment of clients depends on the tracker. The tracker keeps track of all connected peers and then connects them to any new peer comming along. I'm not sure about the load balancing I know some trackers do have that if you haven't uploaded much you won't download much. Also I have HEARD off ppl sending to trackers that they uploaded a few gig. I hope that trend does not continue though.

Bakka
Thu, 05-13-2004, 01:05 AM
yes, you are right, assignment of the clients does depend on the tracker but....Just because you are connected to a client DOES NOT mean you are downloading from them. At any given point, you can be connected to anywhere from 0 to, lets say, 1000 clients, but only downloading from say 3. Your share ratio and upload speed determines how nicely and from how many people you can download from. This has nothing to do really with the tracker, but with how the Bittorrent program works. The tracker keeps track as to how much you upload telling other clients not to give that person as much bandwidth in regards to leeching