PDA

View Full Version : Orochimaru's Ear ring ?

SuntUrioN
Tue, 05-04-2004, 07:15 AM
I was wondering if anybody noticed Orochimaru's Ear ring.

It's the same as used in the anime Ikkitousen.
Those ear rings called Madatama held the fate of the warriors from the Sangokushi period long ago whose spirits got sealed within.

So why does he carry one, who gave it to him or were did he find it ?
And does he posses the strength of an ancient warrior from the Sangokushi period ?

If the answer to this question has been given in the manga, don't spoil it.

For those that have no idea what i'm talking about, some images.

http://members.chello.nl/embruinh/oro.JPG http://members.chello.nl/embruinh/iiki.JPG

EpoC
Tue, 05-04-2004, 08:42 AM
maybe it doesn't mean anything. he just like to be gay and wear women earrings and put up some makeup on.

Mut
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:02 PM
earings mean nothing.

Kumiriko
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
I think i know what he means. That shape has apperd repetedly in anime. I cant remember if it was blue seed or a submeriean anime. they all look the same so you have to wonder.

Xollence
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:31 PM
That kind of looks like Konoha's symbol, doesn't it?

Legendary Nin
Tue, 05-04-2004, 08:10 PM
That earring means nothing in the manga,asnwer your question? It's just an earring.

NM
Tue, 05-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Well, i havent read the manga or anything, but I dont think his earring means anything. There is a character system in manga called the Star System (anyone who reads Shonen Jump, you know what I mean). The Star System is where you take characters from another anime/manga and put that character into another one. I know the Star System is only characters but maybe its for objects as well. In Shonen Jump, they talk about the Star System in their interview with the creator of Shaman King. One of the characters from Shaman King, Anna, is used in another manga called Butsu-Zone (or something like that).

raijin
Tue, 05-04-2004, 09:29 PM
As far as the Naruto storyline goes, the earrings which Orochimaru wears holds no real significance.

They are in fact magatama, but hold no relevance to story used in Ikkitousen. Magatama are more relevant to the Shinto deity Amaterasu.

This page gives more information about Amaterasu and the use of magatama (7th paragraph down):
http://www.uwec.edu/philrel/shinbutsudo/amaterasu.html

The Sword of Kusanagi (Kusanagi no Tsurugi) and Orochimaru (Orochi) also have a relation with Shinto deities.

Rek
Tue, 05-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by: Legendary Nin
That earring means nothing in the manga,asnwer your question? It's just an earring.

If the answer to this question has been given in the manga, don't spoil it.

Thats great, because that what he wanted you not to do... -_-'

Lenas
Tue, 05-04-2004, 09:52 PM
He didn't spoil anything. There is no mention of the earring in the manga, so there's nothing to tell. The earring means nothing.

SuntUrioN
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:17 AM
thanks for the replies.

I guess they don't mean anything after all.

Assertn
Thu, 05-06-2004, 01:25 AM
interesting how some people like to go out of their way ensure no spoiling in discussions about minor details

i still find the "why is jiraiya so horny? NO SPOILERS PLEASE" topic the most amusing though i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kaigan
Thu, 05-06-2004, 04:07 PM
LMFAO, yea that was a good one. it humored me when i saw that topic too.

as for the earing, it's probably a coincidence or it will be revealed later.

Krbadass
Thu, 05-06-2004, 04:38 PM
answered, locked.