PDA

View Full Version : is it really over

Toruxxx
Tue, 05-04-2004, 06:58 AM
well some of u may know and some off might not but in the torrent file u get with bakasan ep81 it says this

*This is probably my last public release. Although you all were let down by the other recent "speed subbing" groups this week hopefully they'll really get a translator(or return to the translator) that was as fast as their initial releases.*

im hopeing this aint true i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif if it is bakasan will truely be missed i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

EpoC
Tue, 05-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Omg I will miss him. Now I can't look forward to every thursday, cuse every other subbers are so slow.
but if you want a good quality on you anime you can wait. but I don't really care, just as long as I see the episode.
But I will miss him!

r3n
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:12 AM
shin-otaku release on thursdays, usually before or the same time as bakasan did. check them out

logic
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Shin-otaku

Can I get a url for them, along with some other opinions on the quality/speed compared to both bakasan/anbu&aone

SilentSnake
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:35 AM
imho bakasan>shin otaku, i'll miss him too i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

logic just download anime torrents from www.animesuki.com

Assertn
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:52 AM
i lost alot of faith in SO after that huge translation blunder with orochimaru talking about killing all the uchihas......
how could they come up with THAT??? that is the most misleading error ive ever heard

Kumiriko
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Intresting

Xollence
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i lost alot of faith in SO after that huge translation blunder with orochimaru talking about killing all the uchihas......
how could they come up with THAT??? that is the most misleading error ive ever heard

I think their translators sometimes don't know what something means so they just guess and leave out big details. It's like a whole different story between AOne's version and SO's.

SK
Tue, 05-04-2004, 01:08 PM
yeah for me i prefer anbu aone of course but bakasan was cool too because he was fast and his eps worked fine for me. so this kinda sucks....

Legendary Nin
Tue, 05-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Time you guys start taking up the manga,it will take up some time while you want for ANBU-AONE.The only probably with A&A,speed isn't a priority,especially on the ANBU side.

itachi_
Tue, 05-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Yes it's over!!! finally... It was announced on some site four days ago, can't remember which one, but it's nothing to worry about, be happy!

Knives122
Tue, 05-04-2004, 03:10 PM
yeah bakasan is a horrible subber, his version was the worse out of all of them

Everon
Tue, 05-04-2004, 03:34 PM
I actually liked Bakasan. He at least never botched anything up to the point where it was totally erroneous or uncomprehendible. I even prefer Bakasan's jutsu translations to ANBU (Bakasan is "Kaiten" while ANBU is "Whirl!"). I'll take a look at Shin, but I think i'll peer over at the manga for translation reference cause I heard they aren't that great.

Aeon
Tue, 05-04-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm sad to see Bakasan go, and after watching Shin Otaku's 81 it's safe to say I'll be waiting 3-4days for Aone'si/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 05-04-2004, 05:31 PM
hope its not tru bc i rely on him for the fast releases and stuff, SO has good quality but i want fast release bc i want to know whats going to happen next and shit

The_Fourth
Tue, 05-04-2004, 06:25 PM
I never saw any Bakasan version, so I am not that worried, but I was wondering if ANBUs version is going to catch up with SO, if so, how many weeks is it going to take tem to catch up?

tensai
Tue, 05-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by: The_Fourth
I never saw any Bakasan version, so I am not that worried, but I was wondering if ANBUs version is going to catch up with SO, if so, how many weeks is it going to take tem to catch up?

I dont really get what you mean by catch up, SO and AA are at the same episode, or did you mean the speed at which they sub and put out the episode for dl? if speed is the factor, AA's would usually be out by the weekend of the release.

I've only seen Bakasans versions when I dl from kazaa a while back, they weren't that bad. Then about a month ago I tried to dl Bakasan from animesuki and the tracker kept getting rejected, so i didn't bother.
Even though i didn't see most of his subs its sad to see a group that many have like watching stop.

Mut
Tue, 05-04-2004, 06:44 PM
the translations don't even matter for me. i've read the manga so many times i practically know what everyone is gonna say. awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

kage_bunshin
Tue, 05-04-2004, 09:03 PM
i guess i'll be waiting for the A/A version, as most of the time i do anyway.
Shin Otaku's translation are quite horrible and i can tell even though i can't speak japanese. Bakasan's were much better translation wise. i guess i've been watching too much naruto to understand naruto language i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Raven
Tue, 05-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
the translations don't even matter for me. i've read the manga so many times i practically know what everyone is gonna say. awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Exactly, they keep to the same script. If you don't understand a translation in the anime, you just go and read the manga and it makes sense.

jing
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:00 PM
gonna miss that guy.
he was a good person.

elixIr
Wed, 05-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Hey, how come ANBU don't put swear words into their SUB? common If they swear I wanna hear it!

The_Fourth
Wed, 05-05-2004, 09:24 AM
What I meant was that Anbus version came out on late thursdays or fridays, but some weeks ago they started to release the anime on sundays, so I was wondering if Anbu is going to release again the episodes on thursday or friday?

Garlannd
Wed, 05-05-2004, 10:53 AM
ANBU does have swears in it. But do you really watch the show just to hear them swear?

Shadow-wolf
Wed, 05-05-2004, 11:14 AM
I actually prefer if they don't use profanity. There are other ways of expressing emotions. On the actual topic, Baka-san will be missed.

njdevs95
Wed, 05-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Nah if there is supposed to be a swear in there it should be included, IMO fansubbers should try to be as accurate as possible with their translations, not edit the translation because they don't like swearing.

Garlannd
Wed, 05-05-2004, 12:14 PM
I agree NJdevs. An example of really terrible dubbing/subbing was escaflowne. They cut out about 100000 of the swears. They changed them all and make them really corny. I.E. How on earth?

When they don't even know the name of tha planet they refer to as the mystic moon. They tamed it down way too much and ruined alot of the show. It is very important to have good translations. Either way I've never seen Bakasans work but sounds like he was one of the better fast subbers.

Outtawack311
Wed, 05-05-2004, 12:31 PM
I am curious. What was the part on shin otaku that he REALLY screwed up. What did he say and what was it supposed to be?

Toruxxx
Wed, 05-05-2004, 04:06 PM
im not really sure what they missed coz i aint seen it but i think it was about the part where he mentions about why he left the organization coz of itachi.

Aeon
Wed, 05-05-2004, 04:23 PM
On AA version it was something along the lines of Oro saying that since Itachi is stronger then him that's why he left the organization. On SO version it was along the line's of since Itachi is stronger then me I must destroy all the Uchihas(BS). SO also left out key part's in the episode like the fact that Sand had surrendered to Leaf and that Itachi and Kisame were looking for some one. Come to think of it they also made it seem like Tsunade was the one that the two council members were afraid that was gonna try and escape them when it really was Jiraiya.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 05-05-2004, 04:59 PM
They also didn't say that the Sand used the argument that *Oro had set them up* to start the war.
Not to mention they translated Onore Orochimaru as Orochimaru... Kazekage-sama and that they didn't translate the parte where Kabuto, trying to comfort Oro, told him that after all he had killed two kages.
Which probably sent Oro over the edge and led him to say I am going to kill you to Kabuto, if you keep on trying to comfort me.
Also, they didn't mention that Naruto had hidden his ramen coupon under his forehead protector.
Instead, they translated it as I hide it in a place where I wouldn't lose it, or something like that.
Of course. leaving to the imagination of the viewer where he put the coupon...

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Jeez, yeah Bakasan will be missed .. if by chance you are reading this .. thanks for your contibution to the fansub community, and I wish you luck.

On the subject of SO, those translation errors are very unfortunate. I hesitate to complain about things which are being provided free of charge, but I stress that in any fansub, the translation's accuracy MUST take precedence over the other factors .. I would rate them as follows :

(1)- Translation readability and accuracy
(2)- Visual/Audio Encoding quality
(3)- File size (150mb is a good target size)
(4)- Speed of release (within 1 week is excellent, within a few days is amazing)
(5)- Information/Distribution available on web (make it widely available, detail what codecs are needed)

At least that's how I place FS quality prioritizing. I have admittedly never participated in the fansub scene, so I can only offer my observations in a humble and non-judgmental way. My sincere thanks to the fansub community at large i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I think that if the original anime uses what would be considered a japanese vulgarity, then the translation should use a fitting american one.

Noir
Thu, 05-06-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
Jeez, yeah Bakasan will be missed .. if by chance you are reading this .. thanks for your contibution to the fansub community, and I wish you luck.

Ai dude I will miss him too. I didn't know about this until now. Bakasan was fast with his subs, and they were pretty sweetly done considering the speed.

If you read this bakasan, thank you & good luck with whatever you do in the future!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 05-06-2004, 02:09 AM
Yeah, really sad that he's not doing that anymore. Hard to believe it. I enjoyed his work, and the translations seemed pretty decent to me
As for SO, when somebody like notices that the translation is off things are *really* bad.
I know it's for free and all, but really, if they're doing that because they like anime, why do a job that confuses the understand of the dialogues?

Yeah, will miss bakasan i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

cshlin
Thu, 05-06-2004, 05:51 AM
Speed of release and accuracy of translations aside, I'd like to praise the differences between Bakasan's and AA's subbing, and say that they do complement each other quite well. AA does a good job of producing correct, English idiomatic subtitles, while Baka provides more of a direct translation. While AA's is good for capturing the meaning of a phrase, Baka's is great for grasping the 'flavour' of it. Although sometimes not as grammatically correct and thus sometimes less readable, Baka's subs capture the feeling of Japanese idioms, which is just as important as the complete translation, since Naruto is a Japanese anime created for a Japanese audience. Sort of how if you watch a comedy movie in a different language (such as Chinese), you might not understand why some things are funny while a native speaker would find it hilarious. There really is no better between the two, and I enjoy watching both subs. Bakasan, thanks for providing us with your colloquial perspective, and I'm sure we will all miss you and your fine work

~

z0diac
Thu, 05-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Bah ill miss bakasan, he was the fastest and also i felt his translation was the best - sometimes even better than Aone.
I just felt he translated with more thought about the meaning behind things and not just word for word. If you take for example how Aone messed with the new opening song translation.... "You punch like a drunken rider" ????????
or "Catch on fire?" ????????

Funny stuff, anyway i like em both dont get me wrong i usually download bakasan cuz its fast and then when Aone comes out a few days later i keep that version on my comp cuz of the better quality.

Maverick-DBZ-
Thu, 05-06-2004, 12:58 PM
I agree with you 100%! I'll miss ya Bakasan! I wish you the best!

I wonder if Bakasan had bandwidth trouble and maybe the reason why he has stopped subbing? I would have gladly made a mirror site if he needed. I have 11gb of bandwidth a month but can easily increase it if I needed to.

Does anyone have bakasan email? I want to ask him that question.

EpoC
Thu, 05-06-2004, 01:07 PM
I'ts times like these I miss bakasan. In sweden the clock is now 20:00 and if this was a normal day with bakasan I would allready have seen the episode by now.

snoogins
Thu, 05-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Yeah, I think that if the original anime uses what would be considered a japanese vulgarity, then the translation should use a fitting american one.

I'm skeptical there is swearing in naruto especially considering the eps air at around 7:30 and would have a large child audience (10+)

NomoZ
Thu, 05-06-2004, 06:16 PM
damn...this wouldn't be as bad if saiyaman still subbed. i remember the quality wasn't good but the subbing was...

saeadeb
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:21 AM
Naruto 82's out on BakaSan but when you start up the torrent it saves it as 81, I haven't downloaded enough to check yet.

Toruxxx
Sat, 05-08-2004, 08:41 AM
damn 82 is out hmmmm what hell is going on?

Gnolix
Sat, 05-08-2004, 09:52 AM
look at the checksum:
[BakaSan]_Naruto_82_[I4MAF4K3]_avi.torrent
muhaha

kage_bunshin
Sat, 05-08-2004, 10:04 AM
yeap maybe he misses subbing too much so yet another ep from Bakasan!

Jman
Sat, 05-08-2004, 12:51 PM
no it's not the end. http://www.bakasan.net/downloads/
82 is there.

Black_Meanie
Sat, 05-08-2004, 01:14 PM
I downloaded that and it's still 81. Gnolix is right, the checksum says it all. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

jing
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
damn...this wouldn't be as bad if saiyaman still subbed. i remember the quality wasn't good but the subbing was...

if u didn't know. bakasan WAS subbing for saiyaman

Foomanchew24
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Ithink bakasan did a great job considering the time it took. as for s-o i wont watch the and cant watch them, my player want play s-o the video keeps freezing, very frustrating. Anbu-Aone is awsome, usually i waould watch bakasan then Anbu_Aone and i think both were great with Anbu being best, but i loved that baka gave it to us fast and appreciate all the hard work he put in, he was great and will be missed, too bad, for me that is i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

NomoZ
Sat, 05-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by: jing

Originally posted by: NomoZ

if u didn't know. bakasan WAS subbing for saiyaman

No I didn't...

Maverick-DBZ-
Sun, 05-09-2004, 12:26 AM
I wasen't laughing.

http://saiyanmanxl.wiredhub.net/joke.jpg

Anyhoo I'm sure bakasan is just takinga brake or something, you never know he might be planing something and he's just simply buying time?