PDA

View Full Version : Why I dislike Sakura and Sasuke.

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 05-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Sasuke and Sakura are both more liabilities than assets to the village. Sasuke is prone to fits of jealousy, and is more loyal to power and revenge than to his village. His judgement is easily clouded. He's also more of an asshole in general, especially after his encounter with Itachi.

And it seems to me that after the Chunnin exam, the other gennins are always chasing after Sasuke's lone wolf actions. The first time was trying to find Sasuke who went after Gaara (well in this case maybe I'm wrong, maybe Sasuke was ordered by a Jounin to chase Gaara). The second time was when Sasuke left to find Orochimaru.

Of course Sasuke is still redeemable, after all the author can just claim it was all because of the cursed seal, who was consuming his soul and breaking his free will. But maybe the author won't redeem sasuke, because sasuke might make a better villain.

Sakura is just worthless, everytime she's on a mission, she's worse than useless because she's often in trouble, putting her teammates in bad positions trying to save her. She has no tactical skills, she has no special technique. The only thing she seems to be good at is explaining how chakra systems work, and dispelling sleep. She definately is not even good at looking through most illusions, she was fooled several times.

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:46 PM
i don't see anything wrong with sasuke. i don't care if he is arrogant and gets jealous. it gives him more of a personality than some of the characters in the series.

and sakura... forget her.

Gods_Son
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Sasuke isn't as bad as people make him out to be, and Sakura has always been useless. There was never much to expect from her, she can only get better now. Hopefully she'll train under Tsunade, and Sasuke also becoming more powerful but a bad guy would make things interesting as well. I'm suprised N-A-S hasn't posted here yet, that where you'll probably get the most support on this thread.

kilzo
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Hopefully she'll train under Tsunade,

Yeah for this point with her, i think it would be best if she learned from Tsunade, look at most of the other groups in comparison, They may not all on the same exact level, but most groups tend to have one significant player or strong group (excluding Neji/Rock Lee group Tenten just sucks ass).

But for the group, i think it would be best if they made her get strong and learn from Tsunade, seeing Naruto and Sasuke get strong on their own would seem to be a reality, but would ruin alot of factors which make this series good.

Ex: They're a group, it wouldnt be smart just to up and forget about her and just totally change the way the series is going. The 3 sannin are resemblent to Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura, so in my understanding i dont think it would be wise to forget her.

Notice if they got rid of alot of the minor characters, it would be pulling a DBZ.

BTW Konohamaru grats to the 666 post i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:50 PM
back in the days i would say that sakura should get training from tsunade, but not anymore. sasuke and orochimaru and naruto and jiraiya share similarities with each other. but tsunade and sakura do not. they're nothing a like. sakura sucks, tsunade doesn't (i can go deeper into this but you guys can figure it out). they share absolutely no bond/relationship with each other and sakura has no intention of being a good ninja. instead of spending time worrying about others, she should go put an apron on along with the rest of the useless girls out there. ahahahaahahahaa

Hotsuma
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:58 AM
I don't think Sasuke is that bad. People need to realize, that he's not going to be happy-go-lucky, like Naruto is. From the get-go, his only motive was to kill his brother, no matter how. It's simply not right to hate him because of that. I think he's matured too, in his own way. He did learn to care for his team-mates (see, him defending Naruto against Haku, and insisting on taking on Gaara, despite his weakened condition to give Naruto and Sakura time to run away.) But, Itachi has so much negative influence on him, he fell into fits of insecurity. I mean, how many times has Naruto felt like crap, because others acknowledged everybody, BUT him?

I mean, by that logic, people should hate Naruto for having so much empty bravado, and loudmouth.

Sharingan83
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by: kilzo
Notice if they got rid of alot of the minor characters, it would be pulling a DBZ.
[/IMG]
FYI, a lot pf people have been trying to slip this statement through, but Masashi's NOT THAT PREDICTABLE. The storyline doesn't follow the aspect of DBZ, so please discontinue with that use. Every single thread I've read of topics with "... like a DBZ episode/...like DBZ story/...like DBZ ending", it never turns out that way!
I sense the stupidity the 'DBZ-Predictors' are from saying that.
No hard feelings to all; remember, just a little FYI.

Stoopider
Tue, 05-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Sakura's only benefit is expert chakra control and her smartness. She'll probably be a medic ninja.
But how many doctors do you know are 12 years old? The only reason i'll see her learn under Tsunade is because Tsunade was a ninja medic. Thats why I would believe Tsunade would someday teach Sakura.

As she is now, she a definite liability.

For Sasuke. Nothing much can be said about him. He's totally obsessed to be stronger just for revenge. His a liability from the start. A brilliant character but too mentally unstable to be of any proper use.

kilzo
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:30 AM
but tsunade and sakura do not. they're nothing a like.

That is true, but when you look at Tsunade when she was younger, i noticed that she was also looked down apon by jiy and oro, as looking at the time when jiy got tied up and tsun and oro were standing by laughing at him. THey both do look down on her, but i feel that she didnt actually become powerful til alittle bit later, and which i hope will happen with sakura. They can't just up and leave her, shes not good at all right now, but shes too tied in with the story now to get rid of her. I could also see her being the medic nin because of her care of her fellow nins.

And with the DBZ comment, FYI, i made no comment about episodes, when i heard that they would much rather get rid of the minor characters, that reminds me of the smaller characters in DBZ which later were totally forgot and never metioned, basically anyone who wasnt sayjin(?)

Sorry about making the respembence, but i think everyones got high expectations for this series.

hiten mitsurugi
Tue, 05-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Sakura is just worthless. Kishimoto should just kill her off. Tsunade in her early years was never like Sakura. Tsunade was stronger and smarter than Sakura, she always had her freakish strength and she was way smarter than Jaraiya. What the hell are you talking about? Sorry, but it was Jaraiya always being looked down upon by the two (Oro and Tsunade).

Sasuke is just Leaf Village's trailer trash. Like Kakashi said, "those who desert their friends are worst than trash." There were so many times where his brother could have easily killed him. He's acting like Konohamaru trying to kill his grandpa (the third hokage). That's how stupid it is, so pathetic.

Gods_Son
Tue, 05-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
I don't think Sasuke is that bad. People need to realize, that he's not going to be happy-go-lucky, like Naruto is. From the get-go, his only motive was to kill his brother, no matter how. It's simply not right to hate him because of that. I think he's matured too, in his own way. He did learn to care for his team-mates (see, him defending Naruto against Haku, and insisting on taking on Gaara, despite his weakened condition to give Naruto and Sakura time to run away.) But, Itachi has so much negative influence on him, he fell into fits of insecurity. I mean, how many times has Naruto felt like crap, because others acknowledged everybody, BUT him?

I mean, by that logic, people should hate Naruto for having so much empty bravado, and loudmouth.

I've always thought Naruto was annoying. Sasuke's goal is for himself only, and Naruto's is just so that he can be acknowledged by others. Becoming strong just so you can get praise from others is retarded.
Dazzz, I get what you mean about Sakura and Tsunade not being similar and that she belongs in the kitchen, but it doesn't look like that's gonna be happening, so she might as well get better.

kilzo
Tue, 05-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Mitsurugi, i think you just proved my point with the resemblence towards tsunade and sakura.

Tsunade/sakura looked down on Jiraiya/Naruto. (Sorry about the misprint, early in their lives Oro/tsunade look down on Jir, but later it seems when they're older Jir/Oro look down on Tsunade.)

They never stated when exactly she had the freakish strength, but Tsunade/Sakura is smarter than Jiraiya/Naruto.

Now the details on physical strength dont apply but sakura does a have the strongest chakra control, which may be her best ability throughout.

Shes not good. We all know that, but we know they arent going to just kill her, so the only thing they could do is eventually teach her a technique

Hotsuma
Tue, 05-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps

Originally posted by: Hotsuma

I've always thought Naruto was annoying. Sasuke's goal is for himself only, and Naruto's is just so that he can be acknowledged by others. Becoming strong just so you can get praise from others is retarded.
Dazzz, I get what you mean about Sakura and Tsunade not being similar and that she belongs in the kitchen, but it doesn't look like that's gonna be happening, so she might as well get better.

Holy crap. Somebody is actually agreeing with me, in that Naruto is annoying and obnoxious. You're cool, dude.

Yes, I agree. I think Naruto and Sasuke are about the same, in terms of being lame.

Naruto fights so he can have everybody acknowledge him as the shit.

Sasuke fights to kill his brother, and rebuild his clan.

--- which do you think sounds better?

Mut
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:02 PM
it sounded so bad ass when sasuke was like "... to kill a certain man and resurrect my clan"

it was bad ass. we need more revenge, murder, assassinations, etc. all the wimpy ass, pussy characters need to just get an inner-decapitation no jutsu and left to die.

Stoopider
Wed, 05-05-2004, 10:59 AM
I wonder how is Sasuke going to resurrect his clan if he's gay?

Okay. That was bad. Hey. I should start a thread on this... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
I wonder how is Sasuke going to resurrect his clan if he's gay?

Okay. That was bad. Hey. I should start a thread on this... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

That crosses my mind eventually, too.
Sasuke should concentrate in one issue at a time, otherwise, he will disperse his energy and acomplish nothing.
He should estabilish priorities. Right now if he could analize matters dispassionately, he'd realize that killing Itachi is not feasible.
I mean, gay or not, if he has already reached puberty, he could start rebuilding his clan. As you should know by now, gay men are still apt to reproduce sexually, it's only a matter of enjoying it or not. But, after all, he has a duty towards his blood line, and should be ready to do whatever sacrifice it takes, willingly. Moreover, I believe that, considering his good looks, he wouldn't have problems in gathering help for such task.
Not only Sakura, but certainly, lots of girls in Konoha as stupid as she, seem to be more than willing to help him. Except of course, for Hinata, who couldn't care less about the little brat and already has her share of blood-line related problems.
Then again, his deep desire to kill Itachi, which in his heart surpasses his duty of bringing a new batch of Uchihas to this world, leaves his true intentions open for speculation: is it really revenge what he wants???
And, please, even if you don't like me, take my advise and don't start a thread on Sasky's sexual orientation. It *will* be locked.

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 05-05-2004, 03:58 PM
They are basically two characters that the manga can do without. You can re-write the manga without Sakura, and it wouldn't change a thing.

Now if you exclude Sasuke from the manga, you can still have Itachi. I mean come on, how many of you guys out there actually thing that Sasuke's got a chance against Itachi? This way Oro would be in Kimimaro's bad ass body (literally) and Naruto will probably be the one to rid the world of Itachi. See, it wouldn't really hurt the storyline. Kishimoto's making this too drawn out.

There comes a point when every manga starts to lose its appeal. I hope Naruto ends before it gets to that point.

Mut
Wed, 05-05-2004, 04:08 PM
is that a joke? naruto storyline wouldn't work half way through without sasuke.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 05-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Your Sakura hating is getting tiresome. If Sakura is an unimpressive character, then it's only Kishimoto's fault for not being able to write female characters well. Don't get me wrong; I still like Kishimoto, but even he has admitted that he can't write women.

kaigan
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:19 PM
sasgay is a whining biach but he's the reason that made naruto work harder and keep the plot going. i agreed. But for sakuwhore, i dunno about her. I hated her after she and sasgay talked and he left her. WOW, what a stupid fucking dumbass bitch.

Knives122
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:48 PM
it doesnt matter to me Sasuke a bitch who cant get over the fact that he cant even beat a f#*king dead clone of Naruto, and Sakura a shithead for not training(weak bitch) I think that sound guy hit her in the head a few to many times

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
They are basically two characters that the manga can do without. You can re-write the manga without Sakura, and it wouldn't change a thing.

Now if you exclude Sasuke from the manga, you can still have Itachi. I mean come on, how many of you guys out there actually thing that Sasuke's got a chance against Itachi? This way Oro would be in Kimimaro's bad ass body (literally) and Naruto will probably be the one to rid the world of Itachi. See, it wouldn't really hurt the storyline. Kishimoto's making this too drawn out.

There comes a point when every manga starts to lose its appeal. I hope Naruto ends before it gets to that point.

True. There's one Uchiha too many in the story. I think Kishimoto should get rid of one of them, well, the two of them would be ideal, but one can't have everything.
The problem would be which one to choose. I have to admit that Itachi himself, is not as annoying as Sasuke.
So, if the story demands a really annoying character, unfortunately, Itachi would have to go.
On the other hand, if the story demands somebody really strong, so Naruto can be the crap out of him, and be considered *really* powerful, Sasky would have to go.
All in all, a hard choice.

Stoopider
Thu, 05-06-2004, 02:22 AM
You can re-write the manga without Sakura, and it wouldn't change a thing.

Thats not true. Then Kakashi's team wouldn't be balance teaching Naruto and Sasuke alone. Every group of 3 have a girl. It's a must!

But the thing Kishimoto likes to play on is to idolize the weak people. The always same bla bla that if your weak and your shit, but with pure will power, you can overcome anything!!

Next, you'll see her summoning her inner Sakura and going all Saikano on us when Sasuke gets snakeholio'ed by Orochimaru.

Thats the wwhole point of having dumb people like them. And then, we'll all go 'whoah' just like every other gennin.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 05-06-2004, 03:01 AM

You can re-write the manga without Sakura, and it wouldn't change a thing.

Thats not true. Then Kakashi's team wouldn't be balance teaching Naruto and Sasuke alone. Every group of 3 have a girl. It's a must!

But the thing Kishimoto likes to play on is to idolize the weak people. The always same bla bla that if your weak and your shit, but with pure will power, you can overcome anything!!

Next, you'll see her summoning her inner Sakura and going all Saikano on us when Sasuke gets snakeholio'ed by Orochimaru.

Thats the wwhole point of having dumb people like them. And then, we'll all go 'whoah' just like every other gennin.

Huh, I have to disagree with you.
Sakura may be useless but she is incredibly strong.
Among other things she can beat the kyuubi.
Here's documentation to support that
http://img62.photobucket.com/albums/v190/quexbot/Sakurabeatsthe_kiuuby.jpg

When she said she could help Saska beat Itachi, she wasn't kidding.
Not only strong, but she is also a true friend, also documented there.

Boogster
Thu, 05-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Everyone here knows that Sakura will come good.

rockmanj
Thu, 05-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by: Boogster

i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif what does that mean ?!

Stoopider
Thu, 05-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by: rockmanj

It means that everyone here knows that sakura will come good.
okay,

It means, Boogster believes that everyone believes that Sakura would be a great ninja in the future.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 05-06-2004, 02:50 PM
I don't. So, far she didn't do anythng to improve herself. At least Sasuke is trying to get stronger.
You can question his means, but the fact is that he wants to get stronger.
I don't see her even willing to do something about. During the final chunnin exams, she was bitching to herself of how much both Naruto and Sasuke had grown. It's been 14 episodes since then, and she didn't do anything about it.
Her situation in the manga is not much better than that.

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 05-06-2004, 03:18 PM

It means that everyone here knows that sakura will come good.
okay,

It means, Boogster believes that everyone believes that Sakura would be a great ninja in the future.

I thought he meant that Sakura's got a great big Orgasm. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Stoopider
Fri, 05-07-2004, 01:59 PM
[I thought he meant that Sakura's got a great big Orgasm. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Huh?? I resent that!!! I don't know why I resent that though. It justs feels so wrong.

OOOOH!!! COME!! now I understand the joke. Aih. Slow brain today. Need to upgrade.

rockmanj
Fri, 05-07-2004, 08:36 PM
yep, thats what i though he meant...but where this mystery orgasm is going to come from, who knows???

the shadow knows

Nosferatu
Fri, 05-07-2004, 09:15 PM
yep, thats what i though he meant...but where this mystery orgasm is going to come from, who knows???

the shadow knows

Obviously, it will be revealed in the next major "fight" Sakura becomes involved in. Meaning Sasuke gets his ass handed to him by someone, and then Sakura rushes in and... is worthless for a while. Then, drawing upon her great Sasuke-Fangirl-ism-powers-jutsu, a major heat wave flows over her and we have Orgasmic Sakura, strongest Sex kunoichi in the land.

--

Besides that, I don't think Sakura is so bad. If the ever-so-obvious Oro-J-Tsu/Sas-Nar-Sak Triangle is correct, then, we ust look at the type of Ninja a young Tsunade was. Apparently, they were all genius at an early Ninja-stage, But for different reasons. Could it be that Tsu was excellent at Chakra control and Genjutsu at an early age, moving on to Medical and other healing jutsus later on? Maybe. Maybe not. Now I'm just blathering. So, yeah. It's too early to judge Sakura, even though it's going kinda slow in character development.

Saskue...He's alright. I'm iffy about him. Might be awesome, might not be. *sigh* I just don't know..

Mut
Fri, 05-07-2004, 09:19 PM
of course sasuke is gonna be awesome later on. it's gonna be stupid if the person naruto wants to acknowledgment from doesn't become great.

SDShamshel
Sat, 05-08-2004, 01:22 PM
To the topic starter:

THANK YOU.

I'm glad SOMEONE is able to acknowledge that a character is a good character even if you do not like that character.

All to often Naruto fans seem unable to tell the difference, and it saddens me.

Remember, people! Complete assholes can make for good storytelling!

Hotsuma
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by: SDShamshel
To the topic starter:

THANK YOU.

I'm glad SOMEONE is able to acknowledge that a character is a good character even if you do not like that character.

All to often Naruto fans seem unable to tell the difference, and it saddens me.

Remember, people! Complete assholes can make for good storytelling!

NO YOU ARE WRONG. SASGAY SUCKS. NARUTO KYUUBI FOREVER.

SDShamshel
Sat, 05-08-2004, 02:58 PM
NANDEYANEN

Hotsuma
Sat, 05-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by: SDShamshel
NANDEYANEN

NIISEMONO!

Hoasiku
Mon, 05-10-2004, 10:34 AM
hi, im new here.

I think none of the first 3 characters are useless (although think that kishimoto expanded too much on character number)

the problem is that kishimoto has so many characters that he cant keep up with the development of all of them.

The last character development of sakura was like 2 years ago on the sakura vs ino fight. after that, he hasnt been able to develop more on the sakura side. And right now, at this moment seems like shes been left behind, due because everyone has been developed besides the girls (damn even chouji that has an underwear hat)

It really seems like kishimoto cant charater-develop girls. Ino/Sakura/Hinata seems pretty useless lately. I hope he gets to work on that side too.

_______________________________________________-

on Sasuke side, well I think sasuke has a lot better story than naruto. Sasuke is in constant pain and pressure. Its the kind of person that has worked hard and still cant hit that spot where he wants to be.

Sasuke doenst wanna brag about hes power, he just needs it to kill hes brother.

what little DBZ kids (12-15 year old) think, is that hes a bad character because in the last arcs hes appeared as a desperate weak guy.

if you notice well, the naturo story moves around the sasuke story constantly. even more, because of sasuke, naruto is what he is.

you take sasuke off the story, and the whole thing crashes into pieces. naruto is too happy to balance.

Jman
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:57 PM
on Sasuke side, well I think sasuke has a lot better story than naruto. Sasuke is in constant pain and pressure. Its the kind of person that has worked hard and still cant hit that spot where he wants to be.

what little DBZ kids (12-15 year old) think, is that hes a bad character because in the last arcs hes appeared as a desperate weak guy.

if you notice well, the naturo story moves around the sasuke story constantly. even more, because of sasuke, naruto is what he is.

you take sasuke off the story, and the whole thing crashes into pieces. naruto is too happy to balance.

I'm not naruto's #1 fan, nor is this post an attack on the author of the above quote but I saw something that I wanted to state my opinions about

--on Sasuke side, well I think sasuke has a lot better story than naruto. Sasuke is in constant pain and pressure. Its the kind of person that has worked hard and still cant hit that spot where he wants to be.

1)With regards to Sasuke, personally I think that he's an arrogant little prick...guess every series has it's share of unlikeable characters/assholes. Better story than naruto? I disagree. Naruto has ambition to become hokage and make something of himself. Sasuke's intent on getting revenge, maybe he's stuck on stupid but he should've paid more attention to Kakashi:"In the end, those who tasted revenge were not satisfied... it ended in tragedy. You'll only hurt and suffer more... even if you are successful in your revenge, all you'll be left with is emptiness."
That Ryo Hazuki mindset going to get him nowhere.

Regarding constant pain and never being where he wants to be [hitting the spot...] ok no more talking dirty j/k Naruto has faced a hell of a lot of pain in his life up until this point...hell even Gaara went through some rough times despite efforts for people to acknowledge/treat them equal and humane as others. Taking into consideration that many other characters have also faced hardships in their lives -won't bother to list names-, I just don't see what makes Sasuke's case so special.

-Sasuke doesn't wanna brag about his power?
2)Maybe so but actions speak louder than words. I dunno if anyone else sees Sasuke as a showoff but his actions send me message about him showing off/bragging about his power that time he attempted to step to Naruto and use his Chidori. (And yes Naruto got on the defensive but it's the natural thing to do...and if they weren't stopped, it's very clear that Sasuke would've been destroyed.)

-you take sasuke off the story, and the whole thing crashes into pieces.
3)Umm...let's see, unless you are or payoff Kishimoto and/or his editor...NO the story won't crash. Surely he gets credit for keeping Naruto on his toes as far as the rivalry to get stronger and for that I giv...no gave him credit for up until Naruto learned to summon Gamabunta and started to grasp the concept of controlling and using the kyubi chakra within.

-if you notice well, the naturo story moves around the sasuke story constantly. even more, because of sasuke, naruto is what he is.
4)What manga are you reading? Have you only started reading from the last 10 or so chapters because the last time I checked, Kishimoto was still working on Naruto and the storyline does not constantly move around Sasuke nor is a character who is solely respsonsible for what Naruto is.
Ok looking at it from the point of view that Sasuke made Naruto into what he is, I could say that Itachi basically made Sasuke and w/o him, Sasuke's role in this manga would've crashed and burned about 213 chapters ago.

-Naruto is too happy to balance.
5)He nor many of the main characters come from 'perfect backgrounds'.
Naruto is a cheerful guy but he hasn't been and isn't always happy or too happy as you put it. Each character has their moments of sadness, anger or any other emotions and their current emotional state isn't permanent.

-what little DBZ kids (12-15 year old) think, is that hes a bad character because in the last arcs hes appeared as a desperate weak guy.
6)What every DBZ kid (12-15yrs old) thinks is </sthat goku is the greatest anime char that ever graced the screens </sarcasm> and that Sasuke is a bad character because his attitude stinks.

Putting all that aside, I think that when it's all said and done, Sasuke will <u>never</u> be able to beat Naruto.
I'll be damned if I have to start reading a manga called 'Sasuke' The name doesn't even have any ring to it.
Sasuke=limited Chakra...Naruto doesn't
Naruto&gt;Sasuke.

FearTheMullet
Mon, 05-10-2004, 03:01 PM
I have to say, I don't much care for Sasuke, but he is a VERY integral part of the story. Frankly if the Manga didnt have the side story of Sasukes life, and was jsut focused on NAruto becoming Hokage, this would make a DRY story. YOu ahve to have subplots and other character developemnts, the protagonist and antagonist, you can't have a story about jsut one tihng. BORING.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
[Putting all that aside, I think that when it's all said and done, Sasuke will <u>never</u> be able to beat Naruto.
I'll be damned if I have to start reading a manga called 'Sasuke' The name doesn't even have any ring to it.
Naruto&gt;Sasuke.

Sasuga, Animemaster-san!
Couldn't agree with you more. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
The manga would be boring without Sasuka????
Teenager angst is what's boring. Even Oro who's a spoiled snake is not as spoiled as Sassy-kun.
Mangas are not fair, but it they were, both Saska and Sakura would wind up turning tricks in Konoha less respectable watering holes.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 05-12-2004, 07:42 AM
Actually, Naruto is the one balancing the story mood, not Sasuke...
as a charecter, Naruto has as much angst potential as any other guy (and not something so overused as revenge, blahh, Cry me a river and drown in it, idiot), just look at the first chapters and all the Inari thing, Naruto has alot of problems on his own, and unlike Sasuke's issuses, he can't solve those by fighting...

sorry to say it, but Sasuke's story is fucking up the manga, and about the Naruto\ Sasuke rate, you should check again how the story goes... Naruto never had any storyline of his own, he get's messed up in everything else, the water country arc had more focus on Sasuke than on Naruto, the chunin exam was almost solely based on Sasuke (oro put it best, saying that Naruto is interputting him), the third exam is almost only about the Gaara-Sasuke conflict, that Naruto enters in by mistake...
later on, Naruto has one arc without Sasuke (Rasengan arc), but he's still dragging behind Jiraya, and now, we have about 30 chapters, which are concentrating on Sasuke, and how he's going over to the bad side (of the story spectrume, if they're going to show Naruto jumping trees again without meeting Sasuke, i'll be pissed)...

Naruto appears happy and dumb becuase he keeps his angsting and trumas to himself, if the charecter was gives sufficoant time to develop, i'm sure we would have seen some deep intersting stories, and i'm sure they would be better than "My gothic bro klled my family, now i'm a moody guy with a lust for revenge" theme Sasuke has been cultivating since the 3rd chapter...

Note: wow, i wrote this post in 3 hours, made a shitload of stops, so i totally lost my point somewhere along the line...
2nd note: i'm usually not such a desperate Sasuke-hater, I have respect fot the charecter, i just think that the story should focus on something else for a while, and not get stuck on this crap all the time. if the "Naruto" manga ends with Sasuke killing Itachi and realizing that revenge sucks, i'll be pissed off

Hotsuma
Fri, 05-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster

I'm not naruto's #1 fan, nor is this post an attack on the author of the above quote but I saw something that I wanted to state my opinions about

--on Sasuke side, well I think sasuke has a lot better story than naruto. Sasuke is in constant pain and pressure. Its the kind of person that has worked hard and still cant hit that spot where he wants to be.

1)With regards to Sasuke, personally I think that he's an arrogant little prick...guess every series has it's share of unlikeable characters/assholes. Better story than naruto? I disagree. Naruto has ambition to become hokage and make something of himself. Sasuke's intent on getting revenge, maybe he's stuck on stupid but he should've paid more attention to Kakashi:"In the end, those who tasted revenge were not satisfied... it ended in tragedy. You'll only hurt and suffer more... even if you are successful in your revenge, all you'll be left with is emptiness."
That Ryo Hazuki mindset going to get him nowhere.

Regarding constant pain and never being where he wants to be [hitting the spot...] ok no more talking dirty j/k Naruto has faced a hell of a lot of pain in his life up until this point...hell even Gaara went through some rough times despite efforts for people to acknowledge/treat them equal and humane as others. Taking into consideration that many other characters have also faced hardships in their lives -won't bother to list names-, I just don't see what makes Sasuke's case so special.

-Sasuke doesn't wanna brag about his power?
2)Maybe so but actions speak louder than words. I dunno if anyone else sees Sasuke as a showoff but his actions send me message about him showing off/bragging about his power that time he attempted to step to Naruto and use his Chidori. (And yes Naruto got on the defensive but it's the natural thing to do...and if they weren't stopped, it's very clear that Sasuke would've been destroyed.)

-you take sasuke off the story, and the whole thing crashes into pieces.
3)Umm...let's see, unless you are or payoff Kishimoto and/or his editor...NO the story won't crash. Surely he gets credit for keeping Naruto on his toes as far as the rivalry to get stronger and for that I giv...no gave him credit for up until Naruto learned to summon Gamabunta and started to grasp the concept of controlling and using the kyubi chakra within.

-if you notice well, the naturo story moves around the sasuke story constantly. even more, because of sasuke, naruto is what he is.
4)What manga are you reading? Have you only started reading from the last 10 or so chapters because the last time I checked, Kishimoto was still working on Naruto and the storyline does not constantly move around Sasuke nor is a character who is solely respsonsible for what Naruto is.
Ok looking at it from the point of view that Sasuke made Naruto into what he is, I could say that Itachi basically made Sasuke and w/o him, Sasuke's role in this manga would've crashed and burned about 213 chapters ago.

-Naruto is too happy to balance.
5)He nor many of the main characters come from 'perfect backgrounds'.
Naruto is a cheerful guy but he hasn't been and isn't always happy or too happy as you put it. Each character has their moments of sadness, anger or any other emotions and their current emotional state isn't permanent.

-what little DBZ kids (12-15 year old) think, is that hes a bad character because in the last arcs hes appeared as a desperate weak guy.
6)What every DBZ kid (12-15yrs old) thinks is &lt;/sthat goku is the greatest anime char that ever graced the screens &lt;/sarcasm&gt; and that Sasuke is a bad character because his attitude stinks.

Putting all that aside, I think that when it's all said and done, Sasuke will <u>never</u> be able to beat Naruto.
Naruto&gt;Sasuke.

1. You wanna know what I think is funny? You completely disregard Sasuke's obvious role as an anti-hero type of character. Think for a moment. Your entire family was killed. Your family's murderer constantly gives you nightmares about his wishes to you - that is to KILL HIM. Kakashi told him otherwise.. and? You think somebody who Sasuke knows little to nothing about, will have any valid say, in his ambition? Get real. For the past several years, he's been working on killing Itachi.. now all of a sudden, somebody tells you "Don't do it", and Sasuke is supposed to say "Okay" and just forget about everything? Get real, dude. Before calling it stupid, stick yourself into his shoes. As for Naruto becoming Hokage.. Big fucking deal. He wants to become Hokage, so everybody will like him more. That's his real reason. All he wants is to be acknowledged. That's not exactly leagues better than Sasuke's motive for revenge.

2. Naruto actually had the Rasengan forming in his hand (w/Kagebunshin support) when Sasuke finished off his fire breath attack. That's when he performed a jutsu. Also, while this has been discussed before, with no real end - I still think Sasuke would've won that fight, contrary to popular belief. Rasengan maybe a better jutsu, but Sasuke had mastered Chidori on a much higher level. A jutsu is only as good as the person using it, and their mastery of it. In this case, Sasuke would've won.

3. What you're saying is "Now that Naruto has a better technique than Sasuke, Sasuke is basically useless." That's not the case. Sasuke and Naruto are friends, despite their petty little arguments. This has even been ESTABLISHED in the manga. Even if Naruto is stronger, does that change the fact that they're buddies? They're a TEAM. (with Sakura)

4. Dude, let me ask you the question. What manga are you reading? In the past 215 chapters, where has Kishimoto EVER gone so far as to designate an entire "arc" to Naruto for Naruto to realize where he is at? Has he ever, really truly been the character to take center stage? Yes, he's the main character, but look at it from a plot point of view. He's already a developed character. He already overcame his weaknesses, at the beginning. He has people slowly beginning to realize his existence. So, yes. Sasuke, at this point, has been emphasized way more than Naruto.

5. Naruto begins the series early as "Mr. Know-it-all". He's already realized the pain of being alone. Already began, knowing what it means to be treated like crap. He's even grown past it. This allows him to say "Well, I've been there too. I know how you feel. Btw, I'm gonna become Hokage."

6. Sasuke isn't a bad character, you tool. Are you saying that GATSU (Guts) is a bad character in Berserk, because his character isn't exactly mister Nice Guy? Or, any other important character who doesn't have a tree-hugging attitude to be a bad character? Leave your bias out of this. I actually think this is better, because it gives the character in question to realize his or her own faults, which of course, Naruto began the series knowing.

Putting your weak, one-sided statements aside, I think Sasuke and Naruto, in the end, are equal no matter how much fans try to rule out Sasuke. Sasuke is far more resourceful, intelligent, and calm than Naruto is. Naruto, OTOH, has more raw power (what a loophole), more drive and overall better personality than Sasuke. It's really not up to anybody but Kishimoto to say who would win, and who wouldn't.

Evil Eyes
Sun, 05-16-2004, 03:52 AM
No one has ever looked down on Tsunade. She always had her strong presence and reputation. At least she had respect because she was the 1st hokage's granddaughter.
Jiraiya is the one who both Tsu and Oro look down onto. Even now when they are older, Oro shows respect to Tsunade and even fears her to some degree (he said that one punch from her can kill), but Oro still looks down on Jiraiya and calls him an idiot. Jiraiya showed great respect to Tsunade and considered her better than him as a hokage.

My point is Sakura is nothing like Tsunade. Tsunade has always been one of the superior ninjas even when she was a little girl. At least she was able to get the bell from the 3rd in the bell training, where Sakura didn't even touch Kakashi's bell and we know how the 3rd is superior to Kakashi.

In simple words, Sakura sucks... Tsunade rules.