PDA

View Full Version : i am a newbie

heihaci
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Hi

I am new to this forum and new to manga/anime!!!

I have some question(they may soun like stupid qstns):

1. what is the difference between manga and anime?

2. I am in the UK and this stuff isnt big over here -my first manga film was ninja scroll and i really liked it.I have watched many episode of naruto and really enjoyed it too!!!

does anyone have any good reccomendations of good series/films to watch?

3.where can i download(in english or english subtitles) them from(i normally use kazaa but any other suggestions)?

thank you

Gods_Son
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Download BitTorrent (http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/), and go to animesuki.com to find some anime series.

SideLabel
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Wow, you are right. You are a newb. Anyhow, as Corps said, get BT and download away at animesuki.com. I would also recommend to use animenfo.com (yes, that is the proper address) to find some decent and good anime.

Regarding question one. I look at it this way: Manga is the book part, the anime the movie part.

Knives122
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:43 PM
once you get Bt and go to the site downloading will be a peice of cake

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by: heihaci
Hi

I am new to this forum and new to manga/anime!!!

I have some question(they may soun like stupid qstns):

1. what is the difference between manga and anime?

2. I am in the UK and this stuff isnt big over here -my first manga film was ninja scroll and i really liked it.I have watched many episode of naruto and really enjoyed it too!!!

does anyone have any good reccomendations of good series/films to watch?

3.where can i download(in english or english subtitles) them from(i normally use kazaa but any other suggestions)?

thank you

1 - Anime is animation (ie series or movies as someone else has mentioned) and Manga is basically japanese comics

2 - *is British too* - yeah anime isn't big over here which sucks, but for movies i'd suggest ghost in the shell, akira, perfect blue, blood: the last vampire and theres probably a load i can't think of right now. good series (imo) are ghost in the shell: stand alone complex and X tv (there is a movie of X also but I remember it was pretty cool but very complicated...I've just started watching the tv series and its really cool so far).

3 - Download BitTorrent as other people have said, then you can find sites from there. Personally I use www.suprnova.org which is by far my favourite torrent site, but another good site is www.boxtorrents.com - though most of the time they make you download an entire series at once (which isn't always good if you just want to try an anime out). I might use eDonkey myself in future (P2P program like kazaa), just downloaded it myself and found you can get really rare stuff there (I'm downloading the 'Guinea Pig' movie series) although if you can get something via bit torrent then you're best off using that.

Munsu
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:17 PM
if you learn how to use irc... www.anidb.net is useful since it gives the groups that are releasing a certain series and it gives their website and irc channel

heihaci
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:58 AM
Thanx guys for the info and links

i think i might need to buy an extra 120gb hard drive!!!!