PDA

View Full Version : Take screen shots in Windows Media Player

SeGee
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:47 PM
How do you take a screen with the windows media player? Plz dont say "Push the print screen button" cuz that doesnt work.. anyone that can help`?

Lego
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:50 PM
WMP is iffy for screenshots

i reccomend zoomplayer for watching movies and etc.

simpilar to take screenshots with just the ALT + F i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

SeGee
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Alt + F doesnt work on WMP... oO

Lego
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:56 PM
yeh, i know, just in zoomplayer, for WMP try this

Printscreen is the only way i know to get a SS in WMP

what i ment with the alt + F is for zoomplayer, which is less clunky then WMP

SeGee
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:59 PM
no it doesnt work.. maybe on some old one.. but not on the new XP one

SpankyDaM
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:19 PM
PowerDVD seems to work OK for screenshots - just open the .avi as a media file and then 'C' to capture the screenshot you want

And yep - MS Media Player on XP doesn't let you grab screenshots, I tried for a while too with no success

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:26 PM
windows movie maker is another way... but not the best.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Ctrl + I
that should do the trick in WMP, that's how i got my avatar (100 stories rock!).

Lego
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:55 PM
hmm, i reccomend going over to zoomplayer tough

its less bulky then WMP, and you'll generally have a less frustrating time

SpankyDaM
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:04 PM
On the recommended player front - well I tend to use Media Player, but on any file that fails that I always reach for VLC (Video Lan Client) which is available here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It's never failed to play any format that I've thrown at it

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Neither WMP or Real Player have ever worked for me in terms of screenshots...which is a shame because at the moment I have to download desktop wallpapers if I want a good DVD background menu (without getting photoshop and doing all that kind of stuff...photoshop is the work of the devil i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) etc...hmm...I haven't thought about trying DivX Player...

*goes and tries it*

nope...that didn't work either, I'll look about for this ZoomPlayer thing and try that...

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
Ctrl + I
that should do the trick in WMP, that's how i got my avatar (100 stories rock!).

Wow, never knew about that...thats pretty cool, though in my case the resulting picture isn't quite big enough, better than nothing though i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

EDIT - Shit, sorry about the double post...got confuzzled and thought someone else had posted after my first post i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif