PDA

View Full Version : Exact Translation?

DrunkPotHead
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:37 PM
***** 81 spoiler ******

In episode 81, the bakasan translation said that Orochimaru was weaker than Itachi in his current state (with no arms). In Shin Otaku and Anbu & Aone, it wasn't clear. Can some1 who clearly understands japanese or something enlighten me if Orochimaru really meant:
1.He is weaker than Itachi only in his current state OR
2.He is weaker than Itachi, even when he had his arms and his jutsu's.

Also, i noticed that orochimaru has a similar ring in his hideout as the ones that Itachi and his partner is wearing. Were they in the same clan-type thing?

sangai
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:46 PM
bottom line is oro is weaker then itachi and he knows it. he fears the power of uchiha.

he says in the manga too that it would have been easier to take itachi, but he is too powerful.

and he was refering to the past before he lost his arms.

soe

itachi>orochimaru.

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:50 PM
aaaaaahahaha, yes, that is correct. itachi is the strongest of them all. end of story guys. just go to my site and click on itachi's name. it explains all.

EDIT: i told you to just go to the site and click on itachi's name only! D;

as for any naruto fan site, it'll give spoilers. i apologize if i ruined it for anyone. my bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Fishface is stronger, besides being crazier and way more polite.

DrunkPotHead
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:55 PM
I just clicked on that site and i saw some things i shouldn't have since i am not a manga reader i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Well, I don't know the translation of that particular one, and don't feel like listerning it over and over to figure that out.
All I know is that Shin-Otaku translation sucks.
In that particular scene, Kabuto talks about killing two kages, but nothing was mentioned.
Also, Oro says: Onore Sarutobi-me. Which would be better translated as Sarutobi you freaking bastard.
Also, when Baki finds the bodies, he says: Onore, Orochimaru. Which is Orochimaru, you bastard.
They translated as: Orochimaru....Kazekage sama, for reasons I totally ignore.
Also they didn't translate Naruto saying that he hid his coupon on his forehead protector, and the dialogue between Jiraiya and the advisors is way different from Anbu-one.
Anyhow. Sorry but I won't load my HD with Shin-Otaku.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:21 PM
I tried Baka's for the first time this week and I hated it. It was extremely pixelated, it streaked during motion, and more importantly, about 8 points during the episode would cause the player to simply close, and in order to get past those points I had to click past them, and 4 of them were during the fight!

It's pretty much just AonE for me forever now.

Gods_Son
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Stop complaining about Shin-Otaku and Bakasan, just don't download it if you don't like their work. Keep your stupid comments about how bad you think their subbing or quality is to yourself.

DrunkPotHead: Oro meant Itachi was stronger than him before (even when he had his arms/jutsus)

The_Fourth
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Orochimaru says that even when he had his arms, he could get his ass kicked by Itachi.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:49 PM
I said that I didn't believe that the translation was very correct and showed some examples to support my comment. And that was the reason I wouldn't see more of their episodes.
I fail to see the stupidity of my comment.
Well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, as Shakespeare would say.

Gods_Son
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
I said that I didn't believe that the translation was very correct and showed some examples to support my comment. And that was the reason I wouldn't see more of their episodes.
I fail to see the stupidity of my comment.
Well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, as Shakespeare would say.

PM me with your Shakespearean comebacks. I wasn't referring specifically to you, I was just saying in general that if you don't like the subs just don't download and don't complain. The topic maker just needed to know if Oro meant that Itachi was stronger than him before he had his arms destroyed (and he is).

SK
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:02 PM
its prolly his comp, since bakasan plays fine for me. anyway i tried the shin-otaku and it also was fine, but when i watched the anbu-aone more things that were kinda grey in the shin-otaku made since. that ring they all have isnt a clan ring its from the organization of really powerful, im thinkin s class, ninjas. (not sure but thats what i think) so oro meant he used to be in that organization, and that itachi was more powerful than him then and of course now. (well its my opinion oro doesnt think of himself as weak now since he will probably find a way to get use of his arms)

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:13 PM
a little off-topic but... baka-san's didn't play for me either. but i downloaded videolan (vlc) player and it worked fine. so there is nothing wrong with baka-san's. just some personal computer problem, that's all.

as for the codec thing... is there a new codec i should download? last time i checked i had the latest codec out.

Assertn
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:59 PM
bakasan's worked for me.....its just that 80% of the naruto fanbase has the wrong codecs to view it smoothly it seems

oro said he left the organization because of itachi being stronger....and im pretty sure oro left the organization before he attacked konoha, so therefore, itachi was stronger even before oro lost his arms

kage_bunshin
Mon, 05-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
a little off-topic but... baka-san's didn't play for me either. but i downloaded videolan (vlc) player and it worked fine. so there is nothing wrong with baka-san's. just some personal computer problem, that's all.

as for the codec thing... is there a new codec i should download? last time i checked i had the latest codec out.

you just need the latest koepi xvid codec and ffdshow

i got divx, xvid, and ffdshow, and i play my eps on WINAMP and bakasan's eps work fine i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

MemnochTheCaT
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Check out http://www.3ivx.com for a really awesome non-spyware Xvid/DivX codec package, all my anime runs flawless after I installed it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Btw, Udon > Itachi

DrunkPotHead
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Thanx for clearing that up. The more powerful the bad dude, the more i wanna watch it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

r3n
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
Check out http://www.3ivx.com for a really awesome non-spyware Xvid/DivX codec package, all my anime runs flawless after I installed it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Btw, Udon > Itachi

how the hell is he, konohamaru easily> both