PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Creater getting sex change

Stoopider
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:13 PM
"When you're touted as one-half of the creative genius behind the science fiction movie of the decade, morphing between the sexes is probably just another research trip. At least that is one way to describe Larry Wachowski latest move.

According to the Chicago Sun Times, Wachowski, who created the Matrix series along with his brother Andy, is working toward becoming "Linda," surgically and otherwise. "As always, it was impossible to get any comment from the press-shy Wachowskis, but several longtime friends of the Rogers Park native confirm Wachowski is planning to complete the process of becoming a woman," reports the Chicago Sun Times.

When Thea Bloom, Larry's former wife, accused Wachowski of being "extremely dishonest with me in our personal life," blaming the separation on "very intimate circumstances concerning which I do not elaborate at this time for the reasons of his personal privacy," a sex change wasn't the first thing to come to mind. But those close to Larry relate the he has been "living and dressing as a woman for some time."

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/0430sexchange.html

PLease Discuss.

sangai
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:24 PM
wtf.

what the hell is he thinking. this isn't gonna help him.

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:44 PM
what a loser.

btw, it was so awesome when the forums were down for like 5 years.

Jman
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:22 PM
can't believe the lengths some people go through....he's really lost his mind.

Lego
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:56 PM
you know, i had a spiffy comment about this...

but even this makes me go

wtf

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:29 PM
I don't think having a sex change means that someone has either lost their mind or that they are a loser...thats a bit of an ignorant and narrow minded thing to say...it must be well difficult to be transgendered.

I guess if thats what he wants to do and it makes him happy then good luck to him.

SK
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:49 PM
wtf...is that site a real source or one of those that report fake stories. getting a sex change is a extreme. and yeah the forums being down sucked heh.

Gods_Son
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:42 PM
I really don't give a shit, it's not like I know the guy.

Knives122
Mon, 05-03-2004, 04:17 PM
I always new that the movies sucked soley because of that crack ass person, hes a jack ass loser who couldnt have sex with a woman even if he paid for it, and those movies sucked ass(b/c they just do)

AkimichiChouji
Mon, 05-03-2004, 05:32 PM
I can honestly say i didn't see it coming, i would've thought the director of House of the dead would have changed sexes and got as far away as fucking possible..but wow!

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
I always new that the movies sucked soley because of that crack ass person, hes a jack ass loser who couldnt have sex with a woman even if he paid for it, and those movies sucked ass(b/c they just do)

Despite the fact the article clearly says he had a wife at some point during his life? Even so, what does a persons sex life have to do with getting a sex change? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Live and let live for fucks sake...like someone mentioned...none of the people here (chances are) know the guy anyway so why bother even going on about it? i/expressions/rolleye.gif The way people are responding to it makes me wonder how many people on this board are above the age of 10 (no offense to 10 year olds btw...but these are total schoolboy reactions).

Rek
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:48 PM
This TOTALLY explains why trinity looked like a fucking man!!

I mean, I was ALWAYS wondering, but this TOTALLY answers it.. subtle hints... like how ALL THE chicks in the matrix are ugly bitches, except for the woman in the red dress, and what does she do? Pull out a fucking gun and try to cap teh messiah in the brain!

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:51 PM
well. some of the responses on this thread are some what immature. but being able to understand the situation (sex change) and having a none bias opinion or a neutral opinion about it doesn't make someone 'mature.' some of us could be against it for whatever reason.

personally, i think people who augment or enhance their body surgically are stupid and losers.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm not saying being neutral towards the situation is a definition of maturity, I'm just saying that one or two of the reactions are about the level that a kid would make at school.

I can understand (though I don't necessarily agree - people can fuck about with their bodies all they want for all I care) what you say about normal cosmetic surgery being for losers etc as that is a decision to try to enhance a person because they don't think they're good enough in that area in the first place, but there is a bit of a difference between most cosmetic surgery and altering a persons sex...its not like a tit job or a facelift...if someone feels they are of a totally different gender than that which they were born then thats kinda unfortunate (to say the least)...

Xollence
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:17 PM
I don't get it, how can someone feel like they're suppose to be a different gender? I think many of these people were abused as children and are just lashing out by doing something stupid like this.

Stoopider
Tue, 05-04-2004, 01:23 AM
I dont think it's necessarily 'lashing out' just to get attention.

Children at a very young age are very impressionable. You tell them that Superman exist, and if nobody tells them otherwise, in the back of their minds, they believe that he does exist.

And for transgenders (I think it's the right term), their probably confused. Since changing sex is relatively still quite a taboo even in western countries.

Most homosexual celebrities were married at one point, take Elton John for instance. But changing sex is another thing, I don't forsee Elton John having a sex change because he likes guys.

bwabes
Tue, 05-04-2004, 01:46 AM
It's just something he feels like he has to do. I mean, none of us know him, and it seems like this is something he's been thinking about for some time. Give the guy a break. He's doing what's best for him, even if it's hard for most of us to understand it.

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 05-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Basically being transgendered is basically (imo) being born into the wrong gender (but to be blunt, I don't wanna go into the whole "can people be born..." argument again...it never goes anywhere), it is a complicated issue but I'm sure this is something that has been on the guys mind for a hell of a long time...to be honest I think he's doing something pretty brave considering all the stick and shit he's gonna get from weak people who can't tolerate the situation...its hardly a decision he'll have taken lightly...like I said...its not like a tit job - theres no going back from a sex change operation and the next few years will probably be very difficult for the guy.

Edit - Stoopider - indeed, gender is different from sexuality. I don't think people who have a sex change are usually confused...they will I'm sure have been confused at some point in their lives but I would have thought that by the time they come to make the decision they'll be quite sure of the way they are, and that thats what they wanna do.

Himura_san
Wed, 05-05-2004, 12:52 AM
I don't know if I should take that article seriously, but oh well cest la vie!

bitwar
Fri, 05-07-2004, 10:09 PM
The site looks to be one of those sleazy scandal news sites. I don't put much weight in what I read in places like that. If it's true, oh well. Just one more moron that thinks he needs to be surgically altered to be happy.

GLS
Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:20 AM
if you made Matrix 2 and 3, wouldnt that make you wanna turn into a women?

Lets call him/her Linda Wachowski.