PDA

View Full Version : I'm Starting To Think That Itachi

Aeon
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Going into ep81, I was expecting Itachi to be some kind of sedistic killing machine like Oro. While watching the episode some thing's stood out.

Number 1 was the fact that Oro admitted that Itachi was stronger then and wanted to get rid of those from his clan. This made me think since no one has proof that Itachi destroyed his clan that Oro could have done it out of feer that the whole Clan would become stronger then him. I'm guess the reason why Itachi took the blame was because he wanted Sauske to not be dependant on him for protection and to make it his goal to kill him.

Point 2 was the timing that Itachi chose to show up, it seem's more like he came to help defend Leaf rather then go in and kill everyone, when he noticed that the fighting had stopped he decided to get something to eat and be on his way.

Point 3 is how nice he is, if he wanted to he could have killed the guard outside the entrance to Leaf. Judging by the kick he gave Kuranai it seem's like he's holding back and trying to leave rather then trying to kill her.

So do you think everything we've been led to believe about Itachi is the truth?

El Duende
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Somewhere in the chapter they say they were looking for something... so they are not just passing by

Stoopider
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:16 PM
I think your theory might be flawed. No doubt that he is freaking powerful.

But because he's super, doesn't mean he can take on the whole village. And if he's honestly coming to help the village, he would have surrendered to the Jounin's.

Probably he's here for a different motive. Maybe to check on Sasuke. He still is his ototo

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Itachi is psycho. A bishie gone bad, very bad. And his baby brother is going the same way. Runs in the family.

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Going into ep81, I was expecting Itachi to be some kind of sedistic killing machine like Oro. While watching the episode some thing's stood out.

Number 1 was the fact that Oro admitted that Itachi was stronger then and wanted to get rid of those from his clan. This made me think since no one has proof that Itachi destroyed his clan that Oro could have done it out of feer that the whole Clan would become stronger then him. I'm guess the reason why Itachi took the blame was because he wanted Sauske to not be dependant on him for protection and to make it his goal to kill him.
it is clear that Itachi killed his whole clan and family. also, not everyone in the uchiha family is born with sharingan, only a few lucky ones are.

Point 2 was the timing that Itachi chose to show up, it seem's more like he came to help defend Leaf rather then go in and kill everyone, when he noticed that the fighting had stopped he decided to get something to eat and be on his way.

itachi actually arrived when everything had settled down. we know this because the episode shows people rebuilding. and we don't know his true motive for coming back to the leaf.

Point 3 is how nice he is, if he wanted to he could have killed the guard outside the entrance to Leaf. Judging by the kick he gave Kuranai it seem's like he's holding back and trying to leave rather then trying to kill her.

well, itachi said it himself, he doesn't want to be so flashy (well, he told kisame not to be like that but you get the point). killing someone would just alert everyone that there is a new threat. and as for the kick, kurenai is still a jounin. as strong as itachi is, he can't everyone in like 2 seconds.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:38 PM
I was actually beginning to wonder if Itachi wiped out his clan just to keep Orochimaru or anyone else from getting the Sharingan.

And maybe Kakashi was the catalyst. If Kakashi stole the Sharingan, Itachi may have felt it to be a threat, that others might also take it.

jing
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:55 PM
mutata pretty much proved itachi not innocent.
why kill the guard? because if you kill the guard, then the whole town will know invaders came in. so why not just make him fall asleep.
No it isn't more like he came to help the Leaf, i don't think anyone saw that coming.
just pay attention to kisame and itachi's conversation, and you will find out that itachi will care jack about the leaf.

Aeon
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:03 PM
I can understand the not wanting to help Leaf part but it's been proven with Kabuto killing the Anbu that were guarding Sauske, Oro killing the 3 genins, Oro killing Kazakage, Kabuto killing the Anbu to steal his clothes and Baki killing Hayate that you can kill somebody in leaf without causing a commotion. So they would have never known that he was there.

Gods_Son
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Itachi didn't come to save the leaf, he could care less about Konoha. It's possible that he took the blame for the clan killing so that he could help Sasuke become stronger, but that's unclear at this point. He's not nice, he's just not interested in causing a commotion. Itachi just doesn't kill or get invovled with people that he doesn't have to.

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:09 PM
I can understand the not wanting to help Leaf part but it's been proven with Kabuto killing the Anbu that were guarding Sauske, Oro killing the 3 genins, Oro killing Kazakage, Kabuto killing the Anbu to steal his clothes and Baki killing Hayate that you can kill somebody in leaf without causing a commotion. So they would have never known that he was there.

that actually didn't prove anything because all, if not most, ninjas were alerted that orochimaru and crew were planning something against konoha and the hokage didn't want to get everyone all crazy about it. that's why all those killings went unnoticed by the citizens/public.

The_Fourth
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Mutata explained preety much everything, Itachi isnt innocent.

SK
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:19 PM
i think itachi is psycho, but one of those stay cool do what you gotta do kind. also we do know it was itachi who killed the uchiha clan, since sasuke has memories of it. maybe he did it so he would be one of the few with the sharingan, but to be able to kill your whole clan and family you gotta be psychotic. i think itachi is one of those im the strongest guy around, dont really have anything to do, dont care, guess ill just keep being the strongest guy around.

Knives122
Mon, 05-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
Itachi just doesn't kill or get invovled with people that he doesn't have to.

Yeah if you think about it he seems alot like Toguro(the big one) he wouldnt do anything without a solid reason, and didnt really hate or like anyone including his older(but smaller)brother.

Now it could've been Oro who killed the Uchiha clan b/c of the fact that he feared them, but it is unclear at this point whether he did it or not

SK
Mon, 05-03-2004, 04:57 PM
uh...what about Sasuke's memories of seeing Itachi wipe out his clan and family.

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 05-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
I was actually beginning to wonder if Itachi wiped out his clan just to keep Orochimaru or anyone else from getting the Sharingan.

And maybe Kakashi was the catalyst. If Kakashi stole the Sharingan, Itachi may have felt it to be a threat, that others might also take it.

Well Itachi did a pretty shitty job. Sasuke is still alive. I mean if he is stronger than Oro, he should have just killed Oro himself. He probably doesn't know about Oro's mind transfer Jutsu, or he would have killed Sasuke.

He killed his family as a measuring stick, its pretty clear. He left Sasuke alive so he'd have another measuring stick later on.

Assertn
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:42 PM

im sorry that you watched the SO version of naruto

my friend pointed out this terribly wrong error in their translation to me earlier....but nowhere does oro mention killing uchihas in that episode.....he was SUPPOSED to say "that is why i left the organization", but for some reason SO made him say "that is why i must kill all the uchihas", or something retarded like that

Rek
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
uh...what about Sasuke's memories of seeing Itachi wipe out his clan and family.

HEY! GUESS WHAT? One of Oro's most used skill is the one where he CHANGES FACES! I think its very well possible that Oro wanted Itachi for his new body, but Itachi wasn't feeling it, so Oro went for his little brother, he turns into Itachi, kills all the Sharingan toting Uchiha's, and leaves Sasuke. Sasuke becomes dark and brooding (perfect to be possesed) and trains like a bitch to get stronger, but the stronger part really doesn't matter because Oro is strong enough, that his Chakra and knowledge would make up for any lack of skill...

Now, what I think will happen is Oro will do all this, say all this, and be |___________| that close to possessing Sasuke, and Itachi will be like, Oro, your a whore, take my body. Right Here. Right now. so it'll be all sad and junk, and Oro will have a new body, thats stronger, cool, and sharinganified...

Now, about that Itachi... he is one bad ass mother fucker... ANBU captain at 13?!?!?!? If the whole Uchiha Clan Killing never happended he'd be Hokage for sure... And thats the way you use the sharingan... hypnotise sentry's...

I can TOTALLY understand why so many people are obsessed with Itachi on this forum..

SK
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:06 PM
your a dumbass man. oro would have had to kill itachi to take his body, which he isnt capable of. also if itachi wanted to save sasuke from being used as oro's new body all he would have to do is kill oro, not give him his body.

jing
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:20 PM
You can disguise the face, but you can't disguise the Sharingan. So Oro killing the clan? I think not.

Itachi is FOR SURE not innocent.

kilzo
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:22 PM
i have a feeling... this isnt going to get anywhere, or this just going to go into another itachi debate soon...

Assertn
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:35 PM
just look at the expression on itachi's face when he countered kurenai's jutsu......
there was nothin innocent about THAT

jing
Mon, 05-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by: kilzo
i have a feeling... this isnt going to get anywhere, or this just going to go into another itachi debate soon...

Of course there will be no debate. It's damn well obvious he isn't innocent.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

im sorry that you watched the SO version of naruto

my friend pointed out this terribly wrong error in their translation to me earlier....but nowhere does oro mention killing uchihas in that episode.....he was SUPPOSED to say "that is why i left the organization", but for some reason SO made him say "that is why i must kill all the uchihas", or something retarded like that

Yeah, and even myself who doesn't know Japanese to save my life (except for insults, maybe, but that definitly wouldn't save my life) could figure out that their translation was totally off.
I pointed that in another thread, but apparently doing so was bashing the subs.
I defintly won't bash subs, I always get Bakasan and find it pretty watchable. But I really found necessary to point out, with the few examples I could gather, that the translation was off. Not because I am picky or whatever, but simply because one couldn't understand lots of important things in the episode.
In SO, they didn't mention that the Sand told the Leaf that Oro had set them up. So, people who only watched that sub missed that particular info, and lots of other stuff. For me reason enough not to download SO anymore.

Rek
Tue, 05-04-2004, 06:05 AM
your a dumbass man. oro would have had to kill itachi to take his body, which he isnt capable of. also if itachi wanted to save sasuke from being used as oro's new body all he would have to do is kill oro, not give him his body.

please, tell me where exactly it says Orochimaru has to kill someone to take their face.

It's just easier that way, because if that person just showed up, you'd be fuxored... And Oro has pretty distinctive eyes, but when he was Kazekage they were different...

So, you can make a face with the sharingan, he just wouldn't be able to use it. And they never showed what jutsu's Itachi used in the killing of his village. So, I think that about covers that.

Everon
Tue, 05-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Heh. As of now we know little for Itachi's motivations. Lets just assume that because Sasuke saw Itachi slaughter thier clan, because he's an S-ranked missing nin in the "bingo book", because we know he in league with several other ninjas in an organization which contains several missing nins -- Itachi isn't the nicest person around.

I'll admit the whole "lets slaughter my entire clan" thing doesn't sound right. So theres a possibility there is some kind of conspiracy that concerns Itachi.

Mut
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
please, tell me where exactly it says Orochimaru has to kill someone to take their face.

it doesn't ever exactly say that. but it's obvious... the animators/kishimoto can't figure everything out for you guys. somethings are just meant to be understood as it seems.

Assertn
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:48 AM
well.....without a face, they cant really breathe or anything

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 05-04-2004, 05:34 PM
itachi innocent? dont make me laugh, if u alrady know what he did to his clan and only left one alive, then how can u say that hes innocent, and if he was why is he fighting kakashi and the other jounins? its obviouse that he came back to the village for a reason but for what?

SK
Tue, 05-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek

It's just easier that way, because if that person just showed up, you'd be fuxored... And Oro has pretty distinctive eyes, but when he was Kazekage they were different...

So, you can make a face with the sharingan, he just wouldn't be able to use it. And they never showed what jutsu's Itachi used in the killing of his village. So, I think that about covers that.

lol wtf did u see up 81? they find kazekage's body because oro had to kill him to use his face. but i guess it is possible that itachi is innocent and he is just in that organization as a spy and oro disguised himself as itachi by putting on some sharingan eye contacts then he went and killed the uchiha clan...give me a break

Aeon
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:05 AM
itachi innocent? dont make me laugh, if u alrady know what he did to his clan and only left one alive, then how can u say that hes innocent,
In my defense we've actually never seen him killing his clan mates in any flashbacks, in each flashback we either see Sauske crying over his mom and day bodies or Itachi talking to Sauske after it occured. Sauske has never said he watched his clansman die so he's just going by what Itachi told him.

and if he was why is he fighting kakashi and the other jounins?
Self Defense, he was on his way out of the village when Asuma and Kuranai refused to let him leave. Plus wouldn't you be pissed if you traveled all that way and they interrupted your meal?

Mut
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:11 AM
i just want to know one thing. do you (aeon) believe that itachi didn't kill his family and clan members?

Aeon
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Yes I think he took the blame to turn Sauske from a crybaby to a avanger.

Himura_san
Wed, 05-05-2004, 02:08 AM

That's a silly assumption, he is a criminal there is nothing innocent about him. He is hanging out with a renegade ninja and both of them are listed in the bingo book for good reason.

Now this may all be a deception for something else, but for now he does not seem one bit innocent according to what the story has stated.

complich8
Wed, 05-05-2004, 02:41 AM
I'm gonna jump back to the whole "face-stealing" thing ...

it depends on three things, whether he'd have to kill someone to "steal their face". Number one: is orochimaru physically taking the actual face of the person (like to wear it as a mask). If not, then there's not much reason to kill them. Number two: is orochimaru able to do any sort of reasonable transformation? If so, then there's not much of a reason to kill someone, just to do transformations. Number three, being a high level ninja with huge amounts of techniques, is it inconceivable to be able to physically manipulate your own appearance (without doing a pure transformation - molding your face just like you mold your chakra)? If not, then again no reason to do so.

I think kazekage died because he's a visible guy and not an idiot. He had to die in order for orochimaru to have some sort of cover - if oro were still in his place and attending the exams and kazekage was around too, then it is possible that both of them would be in the same place at the same time, making it unfeasible for orochimaru to use the disguise to get as close to hokage as he did.

What better way to enable yourself to replace someone completely than to make them absent in the first place?

As far as itachi and the whole killing uchiha thing, I don't see him even trying to claim he didn't. If he ever said "nope, wasn't me, you're wrong" then maybe it'd be in doubt. But hell, he's in the same organization as orochimaru and shark guy are in, and neither of them seems to be a reasonably sane character either. Why should he be an innocent victim of a conspiracy? Why not make him just a complete dick?

Kakafosha
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:27 AM
age 13, itachi becomes an anbu member. that there just shows you how strong here is. just because he didnt seem that bad when he showed up in the episode doesnt mean he's nice. itachi killed his clan, everyone in the show knows that.

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-05-2004, 09:37 AM
"In my defense we've actually never seen him killing his clan mates in any flashbacks, in each flashback we either see Sauske crying over his mom and day bodies or Itachi talking to Sauske after it occured. Sauske has never said he watched his clansman die so he's just going by what Itachi told him."

Yes, it's a pure coincidence that Itachi stood beside the bloody corpses of his parents while Sasuke watched. It's a scam I tell you! A scam!

itachi_
Wed, 05-05-2004, 10:05 AM
I agree Andy.... Shame on you! you're analyzing skillz are the worst

Garlannd
Wed, 05-05-2004, 10:44 AM
He was with OJ simpson at the time of the murders helping him clean up his mysterious cut wounds that he can't explain how he got.

itachi did it. Trying to prove him innocent is like trying to prove a man who was witnessed by a crowd of people holding a bloody murder weapon over a corpse he just stabbed infront of them all. As he is carted away he screams "I did it and I'm glad I did!".

SK
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:23 PM
so you dont think Sasuke witnessed the killings? i assumed he did...

Mut
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:31 PM

what!? anyone could've taken the blame and that would've turned sasuke into an avenger. stop thinking irrationally. itachi killed his fam and clan. period.

NoKKiE
Wed, 05-05-2004, 03:16 PM
it's true, he could have been framed... although oro doing it doesn't seem very likely

no one can really argue either way even if you read the manga (which i have). We will have to await wahts in store for us.. it could very well be the big trumph card in store for us naruto fans

Mut
Wed, 05-05-2004, 03:22 PM
i think it's completely nonsensical to think that someone else besides itachi killed the uchiha clan and sasuke's family.

i'ma go put this up and other arguments/discussions on my site. BE BACK LATER.

thebaze
Wed, 05-05-2004, 03:34 PM
I think it could have been Oro. Then Itachi could just be pissed off since he got the blame and nobody stood up for him so he left konoha & joined the rogue group. I think it could go either way though.

Knives122
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:39 PM
It might of been, but who cares if it was or not Itachi doesnt deny the fact that he killed his clan so its guilty until proven innocent in my book

Shuurai
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Innocent dont make me laugh this guy is seen in the flashbacks no emotion at all standing next to the bodies of his friends and family while Sasuke is crying this is not an inocent man