PDA

View Full Version : Episode 81 Discussion

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:54 AM
You know how it goes. How does everybody feel about the biggest ninja badass arriving?

The_Fourth
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:58 AM
This was a really good episode. I liked the scene where Kurenai is thrown into the water and all of the sudden Itachi is standing right behind her.

itachi_
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Well andy, this is the moment we've been waiting for... This is the shit..

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:11 PM
I liked fishface better.

Aeon
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Great Episode, look's like things are gonna start getting interesting. Kabuto for some reason look's better with a sound forehead protector and I wanna know what's so important about the rings that Oro,Itachi and Kisame have. They must be important since they kept showing them.

sangai
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:33 PM
was a 100 times more excited about kisame arriving.

loved this episode and the next one is gonna be great.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah, he is like Gaara...killing for no good reason at all and enjoying it.
Fishface:These people are annoying. Shall I kill them?
Itachi: Yeah, but do it discretly, your fav move causes too much comotion.

Yeah, seems that those two will have great lines. Now that Oro is ouchie, ouchie, and therefore in a foul mood, we really do need more people to deliver the good lines.

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 12:55 PM
itachi rules guys. he owns everyone. PERIOD.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:05 PM
This episode was soo good I almost soiled myself. Let the fighting begin, woo hoo!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
On a completely different subject, why put this guy on guard duty?
He obviously doesn't take Genjutsu well...
Episode 67
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/quexbot/sleepy1.jpg

Episode 81
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/quexbot/sleepy2.jpg

kaoticus
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:23 PM
very good episode. Cant wait to see what happens.. woohoo!

Jman
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:34 PM
episode was really enjoyable. itachi and kisame's appearance was cool. very clear that those two are fully capable of going toe to toe with konoha's jounins. kurenai's genjutsu against itachi...so sad.
i give asuma credit for his attempt against kisame but i think it's clear that he's outmatched. can't wait for the next ep.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:35 PM
I wonder though, from listening to Orochimaru talk...he said that Itachi is now more powerful than him, and thats why he had to "leave" (I assume he means whatever organization that Itachi and sharky are part of), but does he mean that Itachi was more powerful THEN, or that Itachi is stronger than him now because he lost his ninjitsu...

Cause if Itachi has been stronger than Orochimaru even before....wow.

Kumiriko
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
Episode 67

Sharp eye man. even thought. They are short handed that guy probly be better off helping with construction but then agane i dubt they were expecting any kind of threat so soon

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
I wonder though, from listening to Orochimaru talk...he said that Itachi is now more powerful than him, and thats why he had to "leave" (I assume he means whatever organization that Itachi and sharky are part of), but does he mean that Itachi was more powerful THEN, or that Itachi is stronger than him now because he lost his ninjitsu...

Cause if Itachi has been stronger than Orochimaru even before....wow.

I believe Itachi-onii-chan was more powerful, THEN, since he left the organization BEFORE he lost his jutsus.

And as for Kurenai, she did pretty well against Itachi, getting rid of his conter-genjutsu.
Cool to see her vanishing in the air...
Don't know what it would happen if Kakashi didn't show up, though

LostAngel
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Nice fuckin spoilers. IM AN IDIOT GUYS. - dont spoil

Krbadass

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:33 PM
Sheesh. Finally the Kazekage is officially dead. Better thing that happened to those kids of his.
Then again, when it will be official who the Godaime is?
And as for the Sand, that was the excuse they gave to the Leaf for the attack. If it's true, we will never know. In any case The Kazekage was friends with Oro, which in itself should be taken in consideration as a bad sign.

Gods_Son
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Good episode, Itachi is a badass

SK
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:55 PM
im likin Itachi already, i want to find out why he murdered his clan, or if he is just some psycho. i dont think Kakashi will stand a chance against Itachi, but im hoping Sasuke will show up and try to fight his bro. looks like Naruto is gonna get more training from Jiraiya i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif great ep, next one should be awesome.

The_Fourth
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:58 PM
When I first saw Kizame i thought he wasnt that strong, but when I saw him overpowering Asuma, my whole perception about Kizam changed.

Cal_kashi
Mon, 05-03-2004, 04:08 PM
It looked to me that Sasuke was practicing the uchiha bloodline dealy on himself in the opening when he saw himself as a snivelling little wiener, and attacked himself. Does anybody have anyother thoughts or explanations as to why thats what we saw when Sasuke was training?

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 04:20 PM
i don't get it. where did we see sasuke train? are you guys talking about in the first few minutes of the episode when little sasuke was crying about how he wasn't strong enough? i don't think he was 'training' i think he was just hanging around. anyway, when he threw the kunai at little sasuke, all that was sasuke being angry at himself for not being strong enough... which was exactly what little sasuke said... maybe i'm not on the same boat as you guys.

SilentSnake
Mon, 05-03-2004, 04:57 PM
if it was training then i'm not surprised he's already weaker than naruto <hahaha>

ekhem... he was just thinking *AGAIN* about his past and got angry like Mut@t@ said...

CUE
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
Episode 67
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/quexbot/sleepy1.jpg

Episode 81
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/quexbot/sleepy2.jpg

Haha.

Yeah, he's the most useless guard ever.

chambers
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:30 PM
I think there are a few mis-conceptions going on here. This isnt DBZ, there are no 'power levels'. i believe in ranking the various chars in Naruto in the way they have been thus far will lead to incredible plot holes forming. for example we clearly know that kakashi is supirior to Naruto in almost every way in terms of skill, Naruto Beats Gaara's summoning ( i forget the name sorry, iam sure someone will correct me) so is it fair to say kakashi can also do the same? Dont forget its been stated that the 'copy' ninja knows all the techniques in us in Konoha. While this may be an exageration we could easliy assume that he knows the more difficult and chakra draining techniques, such as the summons. So its important to take every fight on its merits, theres no point in saying that because Oro stated he was weaker than Itachi and kakashi was scared (intimidated by) Oro then kakashi wouldnt stand a chance in hell against Itachi. From what we have seen so far i think people are overreacting to Itachis powers somewhat, he didnt sense kakashi moving in on him.

To support my theory that you cant rank them in such as way as to say that such and such a person can beat so and so, therefore he can beat *insert other person's name here*. i think we have to look at things more pragmatically, for example we cna look at neji, naruto and lee. we clearly see lee handind naruto his ass (albeit before his limited training). we can see that naruto simply cannot keep up with neji's attacks and we must assume lee is faster from his performance against Gaara and naurto/sasuke. so naruto beats neji therefore because lee can beat naruto lee>neji. however if we look at there skills we can see this more than likley wouldnt be the case as nejis defense would likely be 100% secure against Lee's chakra starved attacks.

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
From what we have seen so far i think people are overreacting to Itachis powers somewhat, he didnt sense kakashi moving in on him.

ok... itachi isn't a god. kakashi is an excellent ninja. people aren't overreacting to itachi's powers, it's more like people are underestimating what kakashi is capable of.

Assertn
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:38 PM
i noticed the connection with the sleeping guard as well, thanks for confirming it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

this episode hints at the next hokage
explains the 2 mysterious guys with the cloud cloaks
shows kurenai actually doing something

i think this was a pretty accomplished episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Shuurai
Mon, 05-03-2004, 06:50 PM
also now the kazekage is dead does that confirm that orochimaru has to kill his victims for the face jutsu or did he kill him before he did it ????????

tensai
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:37 PM
was the forum down for the past few days or was it just me.
OH well.
i liked this episode, it was good all around with some action and some talking.
The Naruto and Konohamaru part was kinda boring for me but it was useful in showing how Konoha is recovering after the Oro attack.
I was really suprised to see Kazekage dead, ever since Oro tore off Kazekages face in front of Hokage, i thought it was just any regular mask that can be easily made, but WHOA, Orochimaru actually defeated Kazekage that easily. Man i would love to have seen if they were killed with a great battle or a wussy stealth assassination. In my opinion now, i think Orochimaru does steal faces after he kills them. Just remember the Chuunin exam and those three dead nins and their faceless faces.
in the scene where oro and kabuto were talking, i was wondering what the translation for Oros ring was (was it even visible to translate?), the rings for Itachi and Kisame were translated.
I loved the Asuma and Kurenai vs Itachi and kisame fight, im wonderign who they could be looking for, maybe Sasuke, but who knows right now.
I have a theory of why Itachi killed his clan, im not sure but i think it might have something to do with Oros quest for all jutsus. Maybe he killed them so that Oro cant obtain the sharingan (but i dont know why he left Sasuke, other than to kill itachi?) Itachi didnt seem like a murderer like gaara, he would have just killed Asuma and Kurenai easily if he wanted to.
cant wait for the next episode.

SK
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:44 PM
itachi is an evil psycho. if he didnt want oro to get the sharingan or if he really cared he could just kill oro lol.

wirm
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:59 PM
@ Terracosmo

I just wanted to throw this in. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that if a person wants to use a summoning technique, he has to first make a contract with the creature (or creature type) that he wants to be able to summon. So they usually can only summon one type of creature.

Kakashi has his dogs, Sarutobi had his monkey, Oro had his snakes, and Jiraya+Naruto had toads. I'm pretty sure that Kakashi wouldn't be able to summon a creature capable of dealing with Shukaku. This is especially true when dealing with the final form.

So in the Naruto vs. Gaara battle, Naruto (and Konoha in general) really lucked out. Naruto just happened to have a summon that could take on Gaara's. No amount of Chidoris or copied jutsus would have allowed Kakashi to beat that giant monster. Of course, that in no way means that Naruto is better than Kakashi. Just that in this case, he had the appropriate move.

As for Itachi, he seems really cool. I don't read the manga, so the fact that Kakashi got up behind him so easily is surprising. This is in light of the fact that some bastards on this forum seem to be unable to keep from spoiling and have been praising how powerful Itachi is for the last couple of months.

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 08:08 PM
hell yeah, i'm one of those bastards obviously.

anyway, gaara wouldn't even have the chance to turn into shukaku (sp?) if he were to go up against someone like kakashi. kakashi would put a kunai through gaara's face in a second before gaara's cat litter would have time to react to it. and if gaara were to tranform to shukaku (including fake sleep no jutsu... whatever it was called) then kakashi would just use his speed and size as an advantage against the monster. using his sharingan kakashi can pretty much get to sleepy-gaara in no time and then put a chidori right in gaara's face. i think kakashi's size and speed is a huge advantage when going up against big ol' monsters. however, someone like naruto wouldn't be able to do this cuz he sucks.

chitgoks
Mon, 05-03-2004, 08:30 PM
during kurenai's fight with itachi, she was bleeding. at first i thought that happened after itachi took out his kunai but then i had a thought, she probably did it to counter the genjutsu that itachi countered back at her. i think countering it with pain does the trick? pls confirm.

SasukesGirL
Mon, 05-03-2004, 08:34 PM
I wanna know what's so important about the rings that Oro,Itachi and Kisame have. They must be important since they kept showing them.

I dont think those rings mean anything, its just to show they use to be all in the same organization

kage_bunshin
Mon, 05-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by: chitgoks
during kurenai's fight with itachi, she was bleeding. at first i thought that happened after itachi took out his kunai but then i had a thought, she probably did it to counter the genjutsu that itachi countered back at her. i think countering it with pain does the trick? pls confirm.

yeah she bit herself really hard to counter it. I got the same opinion as you

Knives122
Mon, 05-03-2004, 08:52 PM
yeah pain does break the hold that a illusionary technique puts on you, the pain acts as a medium thats makes you focus on something else

SK
Mon, 05-03-2004, 08:56 PM
did itachi looked surprised at all when kakashi showed up? no. i think itachi just has that dont care laid back but im actually a killer attitude.

Knives122
Mon, 05-03-2004, 08:59 PM
yeah he doesnt really care about anything any more if Kisame died, he'd be like Oh Well

Potage11
Mon, 05-03-2004, 09:36 PM
I don't care what anybody says, Jiraya is the king, and I am looking forward to some more Jiraya-Naruto golden dialoge and training sessions.

wirm
Mon, 05-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
hell yeah, i'm one of those bastards obviously.

anyway, gaara wouldn't even have the chance to turn into shukaku (sp?) if he were to go up against someone like kakashi. kakashi would put a kunai through gaara's face in a second before gaara's cat litter would have time to react to it. and if gaara were to tranform to shukaku (including fake sleep no jutsu... whatever it was called) then kakashi would just use his speed and size as an advantage against the monster. using his sharingan kakashi can pretty much get to sleepy-gaara in no time and then put a chidori right in gaara's face. i think kakashi's size and speed is a huge advantage when going up against big ol' monsters. however, someone like naruto wouldn't be able to do this cuz he sucks.

In a clean fight, Kakashi would win hands down. But like all anime heros, he seems to wait until the enemy has shown all his best moves. If Kakashi waited for Gaara to bust out the final form, he'd be screwing himself.

If Gaara poked his head out of the giant body to talk to Kakashi, he'd die real fast. But I got the impression that he only came out to talk to Naruto. He could have stayed deep inside that monster.

As for size, that's a serious disadvantage when those air blasts are concerned. Gamabunta was able to dodge or block most of the shots because he was big enough to jump clear of them. Those explosions looked like they had blast radii of hundreds of feet. A little guy would get blown up in no time.

And if anybody actually got close enough to crawl around on his body to avoid the wind attacks, desert coffins would be waiting for them, as they were for Naruto.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i noticed the connection with the sleeping guard as well, thanks for confirming it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

this episode hints at the next hokage
explains the 2 mysterious guys with the cloud cloaks
shows kurenai actually doing something

i think this was a pretty accomplished episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

NP i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Yeah, they really should give Kurenai and Asuma more screen time. Why did they have to pitch them against Itachi-nii-chan and fishface right of the bat?
Asuma's hand weapons are pretty neat, now that we know that he uses chackra to cut and not exactly the blade.
Kurenai's genjutsu was pretty cool with her disappearing into thin air.
Good to see the two of them on a date. Why did they cut that line from the manga?
And finally we learned where Hinata learned to blush. heh, heh
Best of all, we now can say their names! Uchiha Itachi and Hoshigaki Kisame.

baka passing
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:31 PM
yea. good episode. i wanna know what the big deal is with itachi, too. is the anime at all catching up with the manga? :shrug:

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:42 PM
the big deal with itachi is that he freaking rocks and is cooler and better than every character in the series (except a certain few). the manga is at 213 right now, 214 this friday...so i say like 80, give or take some, chapters away?

just a pure speculation about the chapters.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by: baka passing
yea. good episode. i wanna know what the big deal is with itachi, too. is the anime at all catching up with the manga? :shrug:

He is just a bishie gone bad and a fancy psycho. I don't see much function for him as a character in the story unless they didn't have strong and mean characters to begin with. Well, now that Oro is sick...
Other than being Sasuke nemesis, I really don't see how the helps develop the plot.
I have to admit, though that he's good looking. Even if fishface's lines are better, he also has good ones, now that the best Oro can do is curse the deceased Sandaime and make empty threats of killing Kabuto. Didn't make you wonder *how* Oro would kill Kabuto? Like, by kicking his insuferable ass? Yeah, the little bastard would stay there, quiet until Oro finished him off with his feet.
A far cry from, Long time no see, Kakashi-kun, And kill me if you can... And that sensual tone he used to say Sarutobi-senseee... One can even feel sorry for him as he yells How dare you? Give me back my arms!
Actually, IMO, the prob with Itachi-anchan is not Itachi himself, but the cult of Itachi worshipers that goes around. I can think of a simple explanation for that zeal, but it's off -topic and some things are really better left unsaid.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Didn't make you wonder *how* Oro would kill Kabuto?

Lack of hands only means that he can't use Ninjitsu and Genjitsu.

While you might mock the idea of Oro "kicking him to death" its entirely possible if Oro's Taijitsu is advanced enough.

DrunkPotHead
Tue, 05-04-2004, 01:09 AM
Kick-ass episode.
Can't wait for the next one. I like Itachi, but to me, he's just as kewl as Orochimaru when he showed up and every1 was scared of his power.

Btw, i wanna hear Itachi's theme. (musicwise). Any1 have it? It should sound kinda good.

Assertn
Tue, 05-04-2004, 02:08 AM
i didnt notice that he had a theme song yet......
if he did though......then there's no point in asking for it until like, the 4th or 5th OSTs come out

Shuurai
Tue, 05-04-2004, 03:05 AM
Itachi's theme is actually sasukes theme in episdoe 81 im sure he will get his own in ost3 or ost4

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 05-04-2004, 07:24 AM
Wow this storyline is so much better animated. Them fighting on top of the water was kind of cool in the manga, but the anime does it much better. The fight scenes like this are also much better.

Years ago when this came out in manga form, a good fansub group wasn't really doing it so we got such shitty translations. The one I have doesn't even mention that Kakashi is waiting to get an offering for Obito.

I can't wait for the next episode.

DrunkPotHead
Tue, 05-04-2004, 07:45 AM
I'm very bad with names, who is Obito again?

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 05-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Most likely Kakashi's old team mate. We are not sure if it is the girl or the boy who is pictured with him in the flashback. Most likely it could be the girl, but the boy hasn't been entirely ruled out either.

Why was he waiting for Sasuke to go with him though...... (that is what it looked like to me anyway, I don't know why Sasuke said something about the food. Maybe he thought they were going to eat)

Either way, Kakashi is still so much favoring Sasuke over the other two.

A few baka's on the manga board might tell you that Obito is Sasuke and Itachi's father, but thats not true. The dates don't match up at all. Obito would be around 25 or 26 the same age as Kakashis now. So Obito would have had to had Itachi and Sasuke at like 10 and 13, so that won't work out.

Kishimoto could be playing us though and Obito could be someone else other than his two teammates, but it is most likely that Obito and Kakashi's friend (from the end of their Genin Exam Test who he talks about) are the same person.

Suzu
Tue, 05-04-2004, 10:22 AM
WOW!!!! What an amazing episode. Asuma and Kurenai finally get to show their moves and they don't dissapoint except for the fact that they had to fight two of the most badass characters ever and get punked! Itachi is one bad mofo and Kisame is the veritable psycho. Damn i can't wait for the animated version of the kakashi vs. Itachi fight.

Garlannd
Tue, 05-04-2004, 10:47 AM
I just love how Samehada, I think that is what Kisame calls his big blade, just overpowers Asuma with one hand. The blade needs to stay in toilet paper wrappings 24/7 though otherwise its ugly as heck.

Does anyone else think Kisame looks alot like zabuza? They both have shark like teeth and the same skin complexion at times. Sure not the gills or the small eyes but still they even have someone of that evil eyel ook about them. Not to mention they both use very interesting swords.

tensai
Tue, 05-04-2004, 12:40 PM
i was wondering about the same thing about the appearances of Kisame and Zabuza.
Could Kisame be part of a clan that is only known to exist in the hidden village of mist? Not much information is given about other countries and the nins, and the other special bloodline we've seen was Haku's.
I dont know but do wierd characters just pop out of nowhere (Oro, Kisame.... i wonder how their parents are like), but IT IS an anime, so things like that can happen.

SK
Tue, 05-04-2004, 01:15 PM
huh? only resemblance i see with fish face and zabuza is they both have those giant blades. but zabuza is human looking and the fish guy looks like a half shark half human thing. kakashi does obviously favor sasuke, since theyre more alike or whatever. but whats awesome now is that naruto has jiraiya a friggin legendary sennin. jiraiya is a lot like naruto, so i think that shows that naruto will one day be a high level ninja like him, while sasuke will just be more like kakashi, unless he turns evil like itachi.

Legendary Nin
Tue, 05-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Uchiha Itachi Is God (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=3618&highlight_k ey=y&keyword1=Uchiha%20Itachi%20is%20God).Well that's completely opinionated,but it's nice to see Itachi animated.I'mso glad they didn't scew his part up,unlike the 3rd vs Orochimaru(read the manga,then watch the anime,then done this part so wrong,same with the war).But it seems like for the Itachi part they aren't holding back,even on blood...Itachi's just that good...

Knives122
Tue, 05-04-2004, 03:28 PM
seeing Itachi fight was great, it was getting something you really wanted after a long time, Kisame on the other hand is like nappa from DBZ, very annoying and pointless, even what Itachi said made me think of Kisame as Nappa "Dont over do it, your moves stand out too much" Nappa's moves were loud and big, so IMO the two are the same

scarfacejq
Tue, 05-04-2004, 03:43 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows a translation for what was on Kisame and Itachi's rings? They seemed to stop there for a second, like it was significant.... Do those symbols mean anything?

i'm not a manga reader, so if this is spoiler bait please don't reply i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Aeon
Tue, 05-04-2004, 04:27 PM
kisame's ring symbol meant South, and Itachi's meant Scarlet.

LostAngel
Tue, 05-04-2004, 04:37 PM
I am guessing the rings stand for there clan. I Orchi was a part of that clan at one time... then he got out of it like he said. I think when he was in the clan he saw Itachi having sharingon and how powerful it made him thats why he has an obsession with it. Hmmm I wonder if he was trying to get a hold of Sasuke to get to Itachi. Because Kabuto mentions putting a new collar on him. I dont know if he was talking about the seal or not then Orchi says if he got Itachi to begin with there would of been no problem.

That convo between Orchi and Kabuto have me questioning a lot of things. I think there is some between Itachi and Orchi.. but I am sure if there is it wont be shown for a while.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 05-04-2004, 06:07 PM
You guys are onto something about Zabuza and Kisame.

Kisame was part of Zabuza's attempt to overthrow the Mizukage. He was one of the Mist's Seven Swordsman along with Zabuza. Not stated directly in the manga, but it all fits together.

astronut
Thu, 05-06-2004, 12:46 AM
this was one crazy killer ep! can't wait! GO PERVERTED HERMIT! WHOO HOO RAMEN IS SOO GOOD

Assertn
Thu, 05-06-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by: Hatake Kakashi
You guys are onto something about Zabuza and Kisame.

Kisame was part of Zabuza's attempt to overthrow the Mizukage. He was one of the Mist's Seven Swordsman along with Zabuza. Not stated directly in the manga, but it all fits together.

why would kisame and zabuza work together to overthrow the mizukage and then go their seperate ways when it failed? They do have their similarities, but for all we know maybe all mist jounins in general have sharklike characteristics and large swords...there's not alot about that village that we know of to make any generalized assumptions about their ninjas

complich8
Thu, 05-06-2004, 01:33 AM
I think Kisame is kinda like Orochimaru inasmuch as he's simply a freak of nature.

Orochimaru, even the depictions of him when he was learning from the hokage, show him as very pale and .... reptilian. I think it's just that some people are like that, ya know?

Zabuza was a bit different ... he was strong, and smart, but he wasn't that degree of unholy strangeness that oro and kisame are, you know?

Mut
Thu, 05-06-2004, 02:06 AM
i don't understand some things. is kisame suppose to be human or a mutation? is it like dbz where they have random creatures running around?

and orochimaru is weird too, he's way too snake-like.

Aeon
Thu, 05-06-2004, 10:10 AM
I think it just has to do with their respective clan's, If you look at the 4sound ninja's 1 had 2heads and the other had if I remember 6arms cause he's like a spider. Leaf seem's to be a all human looking town but like Kakashi little dog said Shino ain't human.

itachi_
Thu, 05-06-2004, 10:17 AM
I think that Kisame and Zabuza were close to eachother when they lived in Mist village, both are like 27 years old, and most likely kisame was one of those who survived zabuzas rage-out, when he killed over 100 shinobis

Garlannd
Thu, 05-06-2004, 10:47 AM
I agree, theyj ust seem too similiar to have not known each other at some point or time. They both use very unique blades. They seem to be some of the only ninjas in the series that actually use swords. The only other we've seen is Hayate.

They came from the same village. I've never read the manga so I have no clue if they are connected or not. However, my gut just tells me they have to be connected in some way or form. They're just way too similar. He probably was involved in Zabuza's takeover attempt. Especially seeing as hes an exiled ninja like Zabuza.

I just can't shake the feeling they knew each other fairly well. I hope we find out soon if they did or didn't.

*Edit*

Just noticed Hatake's post woot go me for spooting this!

logic
Thu, 05-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Someone said that kakashi still prefers sauske.

I think it fits.. sharingan.. *cough*

I much prefer to have Jiraiya take Naruto under his wing than Kakashi.. seriously.. I can think of NO better person, it's so great.

The only other thing to complete my 'things-i-want-to-see' list is Hinata and Naruto, of course.

It's getting closer and closer to something developing, I mean, rock lee and sakura are getting closer and closer, naruto and hinata are having more and more encounters, granted, still few, but much more than in the previous episodes.

Can't wait for Jir's and Naruto to go seek out tsunde.. tons of potential for various episodes right there.. encounters on the way, etc. etc.

Assertn
Thu, 05-06-2004, 11:33 AM
if people in the naruto world can evolve in different ways to develop unique eye bloodlines and bodies that act as nests for insects, then ninjas that live in a country that is constantly shrouded in mist could easily evolve in more fishlike qualities

oro being so snakelike is still pretty odd.....it'd be interesting to see what his parents were like
i also find that one sound guy with the 4 arms to be pretty disturbing too

tensai
Thu, 05-06-2004, 12:11 PM
about the guys that created the fire field during the tightass Oro vs Hokage fight, i think that they were experiments that Orochimaru had done, its kinda wierd to do that but Oro had a lab with a lot of spare human parts. Its kinda like how Zaku got his sucker and blower into his arm.

Legendary Nin
Thu, 05-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by: tensai
about the guys that created the fire field during the tightass Oro vs Hokage fight, i think that they were experiments that Orochimaru had done, its kinda wierd to do that but Oro had a lab with a lot of spare human parts. Its kinda like how Zaku got his sucker and blower into his arm.

Watch what you say.They only showed that part in the manga,in the anime he just had a room filled with books.Some people will try and nit pick about every little thing hoping it's a spoiler of some sort,then bitch,complain,and look like an idiot.If the anime guys want to see what Naruto is really like,then they'll have to read the manga.

Assertn
Thu, 05-06-2004, 12:33 PM
no the hokage and anbu WERE pointing out that various genins and chuunins turned up missing, and that oro was using their bodies for experiments to develop forbidden jutsus....

and it IS true that alot of the sound nins (except the generic ones) tend to have some sort of physical mutation to them

tensai
Thu, 05-06-2004, 12:45 PM
i Dont read the manga, so i wouldn't know if it was a spoiler or not. isnt it kinda obvious that zaku got his arms implanted, before he met oro, he was just a homeless kid stealing food with nothing special but determination, then all of a sudden he got those special air thingys his arms.
i seem to remember the lab being filled with jars, but i dunno.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-06-2004, 12:57 PM
in the anime he just had a room filled with books

No Legend, your mistaken. In episode 81 there are clearly body parts both in jars and just hanging around all over Orichimaru's lab. Not the least of which is Orochimaru's old hand.

Rek
Thu, 05-06-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't think it was his old hand... because his hands wern't removed, just sucked of essence right?

I think that was just an ornate ring stand... because if that was his old hand, why would the ring representing the organization he's no longer apart of be on that hand? It doens't piece together.

SK
Thu, 05-06-2004, 02:15 PM
I dont think there are random human like creatures walking around, but people like Kisame or the arms guy probably developed some kind of forbidden jutsu to change themselves to be stronger.

Legendary Nin
Thu, 05-06-2004, 06:49 PM
jars....my bad.Too bad they toned it down.