PDA

View Full Version : Tenjou Tenge

Everon
Thu, 04-29-2004, 12:58 AM
Watched the first 2 episodes and I can say at the very least that isn't that bad. Anyhow I'm trying to find info about this new anime. Anyone know where I might find some?

djsun
Thu, 04-29-2004, 01:05 AM
http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/downloads.html

theres the manga for you

Everon
Thu, 04-29-2004, 01:37 AM
thanks djsun!

wow, thats a quite a few manga volumes...now comes the temptation...to read or not to read i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

complich8
Thu, 04-29-2004, 02:23 AM
my philosophy is "not to read"

it's like seeing a movie based on a book. If you read the book first, you'll compare the two. If you see the movie first, you'll be able to enjoy the experience clean and still enjoy the book. If you read the book first, you'll judge the movie by the same standards, and not enjoy it as much.

That's my general opinion anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Most anime doesn't have as much depth or intricacy as the manga its based on, because there's a very limited amount of time to do the same thing. I think it's unfair to judge by the manga because of that... anime (like movies) can't tell you, has to show you. You can't as easily look into the mind of a character in anime (or especialy in movies) 'cause it'll break the flow up too much. Take recent naruto eps for example ... in manga it'd be really easy to just jump into gaara's past and explore it to your heart's content. But in anime, the 2 or 3 eps they did that destroyed the flow of that whole sequence.

ryan92084
Thu, 04-29-2004, 04:06 AM
i can't get that damn opening song out of my head...and i don't even like it that much

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 04-29-2004, 04:18 AM
lol yea same here, o yea, patry time, bomb a head, dammit its stuck in there, btw the manga is alot better then the anime, they left so much shit out in teh aniem that the manga has not kewl, i can understand why they do it but still

ryan92084
Thu, 04-29-2004, 06:40 AM
from what i understand most of what was left out was the sex/nudity ...ehh i can deal with that

Blue Wind
Thu, 04-29-2004, 02:19 PM
So, here's the burning question: Will AnimeOne be fansubbing the rest of this series?

There's a few other groups doing this one, but no one even comes close to AnimeOne's quality.i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 04-29-2004, 02:25 PM
A-S is doing an okay job I hope AonE releases more soon

complich8
Thu, 04-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by: Blue Wind
So, here's the burning question: Will AnimeOne be fansubbing the rest of this series?

patience is a virtue.

Blue Wind
Thu, 04-29-2004, 04:03 PM
That's all I need to know - thanksi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 05-04-2004, 09:05 AM
As a HUGE fan of the manga series (It is on Volume 12 right now and is getting even better) I can highly reccomend OWNS Anime Release.

http://bt.aus3d.net/?a3d=torrents&peeringpoint=owns

They have the first three up and the translation is pretty good.

This aires at like 2 AM in Japan, so they don't cut out a lot of the violence, just the sexual stuff.

One thing you guys have to remember about this series is that it is Oh Great's (the mangaka) first shonen series. He used to be a hentai artist, hence all the nudity and stuff. He seemed to have an idea for a fighting high school manga in his head, but to be honest it seemed like he made it up as he went along at the start. However after about the second volume he was more organized and created a great manga.

The anime actually has more advantages to watch than the manga since all the kinks have been ironed out and their will not be any weird little continuity errors.

Oh and by the way, the coolest guy in the series is Tawara. You guys will find that the supporting cast is much cooler than the two "main characters".

Vesper
Tue, 05-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Tenjho Tenge is one of the greatest manga's ever in my opinion and the anime is awesome lol. i just had to say that. lol

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 05-04-2004, 05:35 PM
when i went to the anisuki torrents section, i couldnt find it anymore, so i typed it into the search engine and it says that tenjou tenge has been licensed, is htis tru?

complich8
Tue, 05-04-2004, 06:04 PM
animesuki is calling it licensed, because an american production company has its name in the credits.

We're calling it "who knows, who cares" and we'll leave it at that.

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 05-04-2004, 08:42 PM
ok, i guess

bwabes
Tue, 05-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Anime-Station and Aoi-Anime just released episode 5. Get it here (http://www.cudelts.org/anime-station/Tenjou_Tenge_05_[a-s&aoi][891DA7D3].avi.torrent).

ryan92084
Wed, 05-05-2004, 03:12 AM
episode 6 is gonna be very nice

Munsu
Wed, 05-05-2004, 03:16 AM
Yep cant wait for episode 6.... episode 5 was awesome and i expect 6 to be better... And Aya is finally showing some BALLS

Riyuma Spike
Wed, 05-05-2004, 04:21 AM
I think Tenjo Tenge is one of the best manga's ever, and when I saw they finally made a anime out of it I was really happy, but gotwoot never made a 2nd sub and now they've completely removed the first ep as wel. I'm glad the members here gave some other links for downloading it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

btw, does anyone have links to where I can download volume 11 and 12 of the manga?

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 05-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Volume 11 and Volume 12 are for download in #manga-translation on irc.irchighway.net

I bought Volume 11 while over in Japan, but Volume 12 won't be collected until late Summer. Their are people who are still scanning the biweekly chapters though. Tenjo Tenge comes out twice a month as opposed to four times a month. This gives them more time to put more detail into the art.

The first two chapters of Volume 11 have been scanslated already. They are on that first link where you got Volumes 1-10. http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/downloads.html
They are on the top of the page.

Here is where you can download the raw files for Volumes 11 and 12 - http://www.jojohot.com/

Its a japanese sight, so good lucky finding it there, but I know they have them there.

Also the webmaster of MangaTranslation.com puts up his text translation the Volume 11 ones can be found here.

http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_11_Trans.html

That link might be dead now though.

itachi_
Wed, 05-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Tenjo Tenge 05 is out by A-S&Aoi...

bwabes
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by: bwabes
Anime-Station and Aoi-Anime just released episode 5. Get it here (http://www.cudelts.org/anime-station/Tenjou_Tenge_05_[a-s&aoi][891DA7D3].avi.torrent).

I had already posted that ;-)

Munsu
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Yeah... i thought someone had posted it before...

Anyways... for me it was the best episode so far, other than episode 2... episode 6 looks to be great... can't wait for it

bwabes
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:21 PM
It was pretty good, but I think the next episode'll be better. Although, I still think Souichiro needs to get his ass kicked again. Then I won't really mind when he starts to win all the time.

Munsu
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:43 PM
I share the same feeling... i think that in order for me to sypathyze with him somewhat he needs to get his ass kicked at least one more time... it would be cool if Aya or someone has to save him or something...

But Bob is just awesome... that's the one that needs to do some ass kicking...

and I also want watch the President and his brother go at it, but I think that it will be Maya who will fight him... I think she has some unfinished business with him, since I remember her getting mad over something when Aya was using some guy's sword who is probably dead or something... i dont know... there are so many things i want to see...

Gods_Son
Wed, 05-05-2004, 06:11 PM
There seem to be plenty of fights to look forward to

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 05-05-2004, 08:50 PM
With the way that the President got so upset at the mere mention of her brother, I don't think he's dead. I've been trying to think of another scenario where he would be gone, left his bike and his sword, but I can't.

Munsu
Thu, 05-06-2004, 05:32 AM
by the way.... does anyone know what Tenjo Tenge means... or what is it translated into...?

Yeah... Poiple Weezard... you might be right about that...

One
Thu, 05-06-2004, 01:50 PM
TenJouTenGe

Above the skies, under the skies.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 05-06-2004, 07:55 PM
You guys see Tawara Bunshichi yet? He is the MAN.

Oh and by the time you get to episode 8 or 9, you guys will not like Nagi. Bob isn't too bad, but Nag is the standard Shonen manga powerup to beat you person.

Tawara, Masataka, and Bob are my favorites after over 11 volumes of manga. Maya is my favorite for the girls, she is really cool.

Aya is annoying.

Gods_Son
Thu, 05-06-2004, 08:16 PM
I don't mind Nagi, but Bunishichi is the man.

v Episode 6 just aired on Friday, they won't release a batch torrent until more episodes have come out and been subbed v

Melvinmaniacs
Sat, 05-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Sorry for spoiling stuff from the manga, but...

....I thought Mitsuomi was pretty cool in the present storyline, as he seemed emotionless, and hell bent on becoming the strongest. In the flashback sequences, he seemed to be holding back a little, especially when Maya is around him. Anyway, I also agree that Bunshichi is pretty damned cool, especially after kicking Shin's ass.

One question. I know that Anbu-Aone is releasing the other episodes in the near future, but to those who have close ties to the subbing team, are the episodes gonna be released individually or in a group?

One
Sun, 05-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Bunshichi is the man, honestly.

I like that stupid Ass-Hat dude as well... And his BODYGUARDS!