PDA

View Full Version : need some help with codecs!!

fizzlesticks
Wed, 04-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Ive just finished downloading leet raws and the other groups raw version of naruto 81.The problem is when i play the video,there is only sound,and no video in my windows media player.I have downlaoded the newest divx and windows media player codecs,but still nothing....

anyone have any solutions??

thanks in advance

Taylor
Wed, 04-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Download Gspot and open the file with it and Gspot will show you what video codec you need to play the file. Gspot can be found Here (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html)

kage_bunshin
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:45 AM
If you have the codecs in my sig, there will be no problemo i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

KILLA_KAKASHI
Wed, 05-05-2004, 09:39 PM
hay everyone, im new to this forum...ill get to the point... i just finished dowloading naruto EPS. (episodes) 77-81... NOW this has nothing to do with "no video" im still getting video just that itz all messed up and jibble jabble (meaning the show edits from one scene to another) =S <----thatz for episode 77... from 78 to 81 all the movie players i have (windows media player, winamp, real one AND quick time ) say they "dont understand" the file format in other words the format is UNKNOWN 0_O and itz REALLY getting me mad... i have G-spot and it says the same thing (but for episode 71 it said bad chunk something something) so if any one who reads this post has any i dea of what im going through PLZ HELP... thnx

KILLA_KAKASHI

KILLA_KAKASHI
Thu, 05-06-2004, 06:55 AM
THNX FOR THE HELP U GUYS.... i got it working i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif.... (so much for asking for help in a forum)

KaneWolf
Sun, 05-09-2004, 02:01 PM
u may not have helped him but u helped me thx

animeniac
Sun, 05-09-2004, 05:51 PM
I just downloaded episode 82 but when i go to play it i only get audio and no video.
Do i need some new codecs or something?
Any help is appreciated

jeditictac
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:17 AM
i have the same problem. sound but no video. i've tried it on both windows media player and divx. all the other episodes worked fine. what changed/what am i missing?

Mut
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:57 AM
do you guys bother reading any of the other threads or want everything handed directly to you? next time, try researching a little bit.

anyway, this should fix most, if not all, problems.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ this plays almost everything perfectly without problems.

if it doesn't work try the other solutions given in other similar threads.

jeditictac
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:14 PM
i read the other threads. i didn't want to dl that program because i don't like having tons of different programs that are supposed to do the same thing (play video) and my current player has worked for everything else i've gotten. i downloaded the most recent divx player and i have the up to date windows media player (it said my player has no new updates). i just don't know much about codecs and such so i thought maybe i was missing something and i had to go somewhere else to get that.

edit: okay, i found a different thread about this in the naruto forum so i'm gonna attempt to do those things. the first time i tried dl'ing the ffdshow thing it froze.

anyway, hopefully that will work. if not i'll just break down and dl the vlc program.

thanks for the help

Chrono
Sat, 05-22-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm using real player, and I also only want one app. on my computer that plays audio/video and real player has worked for everything before. I have installed the XVid codec, and ffdshow, and Gspot even says I have 2 codecs that should play the video fine. I play it, and its all blocky, and I can't even read the subtitles most of the time. Can anyone help me out with real player?

riku
Sun, 05-30-2004, 01:17 AM
just wanna say thanks.. i had the same problem but after reading all this info i found out it was the ffdshow thing.. thx kage_bunshin