PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Gantz

Pages : [1] 2 3

Toruxxx
Wed, 04-28-2004, 09:52 PM
is there any one who knows where i can dl the manga Gantz ive got a couple of chapters but not all of em. if u know plz tell thx.

L8r
Wed, 04-28-2004, 10:12 PM
have you tried http://www.omanga.net/ ?

chaos4ever
Thu, 04-29-2004, 12:20 PM
anime.mircx.com

i really hope that a lot of these requesters try to find these things first before posting...

Toruxxx
Thu, 04-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by: chaos4ever
anime.mircx.com

i really hope that a lot of these requesters try to find these things first before posting...

dude shut up i did look didnt find much so i thought ill come ere and ask the nice ppl of GW forums! so shut it

o and thx l8r thats site is what i wanted thx alot mate.

chaos4ever
Mon, 05-03-2004, 02:16 PM
sorry, it just seems that there are so many requests come around that it seems repetitive to give people almost the same website or information over, and over, and over again when a lot of the websites have been mentioned in other threads... but then, i guess that's just because there's a lot of people where a small fraction just request for stuff

anywho. have fun with the gantz manga.

jing
Wed, 05-12-2004, 05:01 PM
thanks for site l8r

im glad you started this thread toruxxx, because ppl like me needs the site too, i appreciate.

Psyke
Mon, 02-28-2005, 05:13 AM
Any body still reading/watching Gantz? I recently read the manga and finished the anime and there're a few questions, so.......

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-28-2005, 06:27 AM
I watched the censored first season of the anime, and have been faithfully reading the chapters of the manga as they come out from shocwave, who as far as I know is still scanning it.

Psyke
Mon, 02-28-2005, 06:30 AM
I've finished watching the anime 2nd season, and found it very different from the manga in terms of story....

Hakeem_21
Mon, 02-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Im a big fan of the manga and dont need to watch the anime cause it cannot it compete with the manga.

Which chapter are you on in the manga?

Psyke
Mon, 02-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
Im a big fan of the manga and dont need to watch the anime cause it cannot it compete with the manga.

Which chapter are you on in the manga?

191. That's the latest I think.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 02-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Me too then shouldnt we make this the thread to talk about the latest GANTZ chap since the forum is missing.

relevasius
Wed, 03-02-2005, 12:33 AM
i'm on chapter 191 as well, what did you guys think of it, i'm trying to figure out what the deal with those onii-aliens is

Xollence
Wed, 03-02-2005, 12:53 AM
http://www.stoptazmo.com/gantz/

Has all the latest ones.

Raven
Wed, 03-02-2005, 04:34 AM
So good! Can't wait to see how strong that oni-alien is. Best manga ever.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Hehe on of the best anyway.

Oni-alien doesnt oni mean demon? I was thinking that these oni aliean can be vamps cause they look like human like the alien they have souranded(sp?). Also the vamps have read about the GANTZ people and this guy knows about them.

Raven
Tue, 03-08-2005, 10:21 AM
192 is out... awesome chapter.

http://gantz.cjb.net/down.pl?ID=192

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Awsome and it look very bad for Rieka and her crew, the only thing that can save them now are Kie.

CasmirRadon
Wed, 03-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Hey everyone, I just posted a torrent of every Gantz issue to date on Demonoid, I made sure to make it a public torrent so that anyone can get it, even non-members. Please come fill any holes in your collection!

http://www.demonoid.com/torrents/details/73031/

Note: every chapter is presented individually, so that if you use a bittorrent client such as Azureus, you can choose which ones you want or don't want to download, in case you already have some, but need other chapters.

Raven
Tue, 05-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Just so people know, chapters 195-197 have been released. All I can say is: damn, damn, damn!

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-18-2005, 01:52 PM
I've been getting the last few chapters off stoptazmo, which apparently found another group that picked it up at some point. So 199 is out from them, but I'll be getting the shocwave ones as they release them.

But yeah, holy shit.

Paulyboy
Tue, 05-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Ahahaha the guy was humping the alien i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif, and damn those tits were saggy. But damn Reika was smart enough to find out that the fake Kei was an alien but man I wish they would hurry up to the chapter where Kei meets his brother!!

Lefty
Tue, 05-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Give it time. This series is very slow most of the time but when it picks up it picks up hard and fast. I remember when every one but Kei died that happened outa nowhere. so don't worry it'll happen

Aeon
Tue, 05-24-2005, 07:08 PM
I just read 190-199 and I hope they aren't setting up Reika's death. She's just as good as Kei and Izumi and her crush on Kei isn't annoying like Kei's(female) was on what's his name.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 05-26-2005, 06:08 PM
She is as good as Kurano??? just cause she has killed a couple of week aliens while Kurano has killed 100's of though aliens much more stronger these current weak aliens.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 06-06-2005, 12:12 AM
I just love how wonderfully random this manga is. I got bored one day and read all of the chapters and yet there still is no explanation as to what the hell the gantz is. I also love how the author just loves to bring in any kinda random crap he can think off. Please tell me I wasn't the only one who said WTF out loud when for no apparent reason what so ever vampires come into the story and we learn that Kurano's little brother is a vampire too. Yesh, the writer should solve the questions that he's brought up first before adding new ones. I'd like to think that Gantz is trying to provide some sort of social commentary on japanese society but maybe I should have gave up on that when Kurano fought against fire spitting alien dinosaurs on futuristic motorcycle. If nothing else the randomness of Gantz never ceases to amuse me.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 06-06-2005, 07:56 PM
If you dont know what GANTZ is about then you havent been reading carefully......

Even though the mangaka hasnt given us much info about the world in GANTZ we know things about the room,the aliens,the vamps etc..

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 06-06-2005, 08:56 PM
What are you talking about? The gantz world is very clear. It's contemporary modern japan. This is one of the things that really confuses me, on one level Gantz seems like it's some sort of social commentary of contemporary japanese society. With the whole concept of taking the consumer culture to another level with the strange, bizzare, violent, and often disturbing missions where the participants are given points based on how much depravity they commit. Yet the story seems to take a completly different turn once Kurono meets up with the fourth gantz group and ensures their survival. It starts to take on more traditional anime/manga conventions with the rules being established and the now the story more or less focuses on Kuronoa leading his little group to survive the missions.

The original premise of the series has still yet to be answered or explained. Why is there a big black ball? What is it's purpose, why does it send these people on bizzare missions. Who made the ball, whose responsible, and most important of all what is the origin of the high tech weapons that are given out. As opposed to giving us answers the writer/artist has decided to throw in vampires for no apparent reason what so ever. They have nothing to do with the aliens that the gantz people fight. They just look cool and seem to have some sort of vendetta against the gantz people for no apparent reason. We have been told that the vampire's see the gantz people as vampire hunters but we've never seen them actually hunt or fight vampires except when they've been attacked by them. All I'm saying is that the writer/artist seems to be digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole and I can't even begin to fathom the reason that's supposed to tie everything together and make it into one cohesive package. I started reading gantz beacause the concept intrigued me and I was excited to see what kind of answers there were the justified the premise. So far after 199 chapters I still haven't had any of my core questions answered.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 06-06-2005, 09:01 PM
When i say the world i mean things why they are aliens,vamps,the room etc.

It cant be normal modern japan when there are aliens,vamps etc.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 06-07-2005, 11:30 AM
There may be fantastic elements in gantz like aliens and vampires but generally the gantz world is a very real and unapologetic portrayal of the seedier aspects of japanese society. Gantz constantly features gang violence, sexual abuse, child abuse, hell it has just about every kind of abuse you can think of. I really don't think that gantz is supposed to be some sort of alternative dimension or fantasy setting. It's supposed to be contemporary.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 06-10-2005, 08:21 PM
I know that it suppsose to normal japan oustide the mission alians and stuff.

But just wondering when he will tell us why they are doing the missions,it is urgent to kill the alins,what does the vamps want from the GANTZ team.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-11-2005, 03:42 AM
we know why the vampires are after Gantz team, they seem to believe that the man in black are vampire hunters.
sure, we don't now why the think that way (considering that the aliens are most likely not vampires), but it just means that there's more to look forward to.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 06-11-2005, 11:07 AM
No the vampires are just another unresolved plot thread. Instead of actually providing us with answers as to what the hell the gantz is the author has just created another pointless story arc which is leading the series in a completly different direction and it will most likely not bring any kind of answers as to what the hell the gantz is and what it's purpose is.

The only thing we've been promised is some sort of cool showdown between Kurono and his little brother. Honestly I could care less about that and I would rather see some sort of explantion as to what the hell the gantz is.

Aeon
Tue, 06-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Just read 202-204 by Rockstar. What's with the whole aliens transforming, at this rate we'll never se the vampires. Ah well go Muscle Rider.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 06-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Rockstar? Who is that where did you find thier scans??

EDIT: here is the Rockstar version of 202-204
http://www.kippei.x-wh.net/manga/

Paulyboy
Fri, 07-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Man Muscle Rider is kicking ass, and when he killed that rock dude, jeeze he went all out crazy!

Hakeem_21
Fri, 07-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Its interesting seeing that he doesnt need a gun to kill someone. I dont know why the others use weapons when they have super streangth with the suit.

Lefty
Fri, 07-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Well he has mad fighting experience and knows Karate. Everyone else couldn't mangae it, Maybe Kei but even then it would be a stretch for him.

Everon
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Well its safer to attack from a distance before resorting to close combat.

I haven't touched Gantz in a while so I just read 20-some chapters. A little dissapointed because it feels like one of those Godzilla flicks where they've decided to throw in every monster.

Paulyboy
Sat, 07-09-2005, 02:02 AM
Also Kei gots that big large sword now, is it possible that he wished it during the fight because I thought you had to be in the "Room".

Hakeem_21
Sat, 07-09-2005, 02:10 PM
I didnt they would use Karate but like kurano did in the first mission when he used the suits power to punch the alien.

Also its not for everyone but for people who know how to use thier fist like muscle guy,Kurano,Izumi.

Lefty
Sat, 07-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Thats what I thought but I like to argue the counter some times.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:09 PM
The counter? eh? You mean that it can backfire sometimes?

Raven
Sat, 09-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Have people read up to 213 yet? WAAH KEI IS TEH AWESOME!!11 So good.

I think for most of the players they don't like what they're being forced to do (be in a life or death situation) and so they use the guns to end it quickly. Players like Muscle Rider/Kei/Izumi love the battle and live for the thrill of the fight so they use hand-to-hand more. Even though the others have super strength also, they'd rather just use the guns and kill in one hit (hopefully).

Hakeem_21
Sat, 09-24-2005, 11:21 AM
I dont think Kie loves the battle like Izumi and Muscle but he knows he cant die before getting 100 p.

He is used to the battles but i woulndt say he loves it.

The others arent brave or confident enough to fight hand to hand.

Raven
Sun, 09-25-2005, 06:42 AM
He'd never admit it but I think he loves it ... the adrenaline, the atmosphere, etc.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 09-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Im sure he loved it when he had nothing in his real life and i mean he said he liked being like a super hero in GANTZ missions.

But after Tae he has become changed,he isnt like he was before. He is much more serious now.

Aeon
Wed, 09-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Have they finally finished the hunt? I stopped reading when every alien started changing into a super form and Izumi lost to the one he was fighting. I wanna just read the rest of the hunt at once to see how many points everyone is gonna get.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 09-28-2005, 02:55 AM
I dont think they will be getting many points since this alian vamp kicked everyone's ass.....

Raven
Tue, 11-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Just read up to chapter 217. Fuck damn. So many people being revived. Awesome! I wonder what Izumi's new weapon will be.

Stoopider
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:07 AM
218 manga raw is out. Via IRC.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 11-22-2005, 10:12 AM
The translated scan of chap 218 is out here http://www.firedowndrop.com/lain-deshi/manga.html

Lefty
Tue, 11-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Just read the 219 raw. HE's baaaaack!!!!!!!!

Hakeem_21
Tue, 11-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Sheesh no spoilers before the trans i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 12-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Is this fricking manga going to go anywhere? I mean common it's been 200 plus chapters and the intial questions have still yet to be answered. What is the gantz and what is it's purpose? Intead we just get stupid vampire while extremely cool looking don't really help explain things any better.

Lefty
Fri, 12-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Thats the best part. I know Kurono won't be able to get out of Gantz. The rules have changed, it's up in the air now. Also we still have yet to see what those vampire guys are really about.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
I wonder what will happen to the team when he leaves them its not Izumi will care about their lives and help them to stay alive.

rockmanj
Tue, 12-13-2005, 12:37 AM
i wonder if they'll still follow kei's life....and whats up with him not bringing back his girlfriend or kei...kinda cold blooded...

Lefty
Tue, 12-13-2005, 01:08 AM
I bet they will still show him. He;s no where near done with Gantz. There's still the matter of his brother and also the Vampire guys as well. They know what he looks like and will most likely follow him and try to kill him when they find him.

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by: rockmanj
i wonder if they'll still follow kei's life....and whats up with him not bringing back his girlfriend or kei...kinda cold blooded...
Did you forget that Reika asked what her name was and brought Tae back for Kureno? Tae's the only girl that really matters to Kureno. (Kinda sucks to be Reika then, huh?)

That's why they said he should let himself go free, and enjoy life with Tae. They feel he's done SO much for him that he deserves a rest.

As for the other Kei, who cares? She was annoying and useless anyway. I'd rather see him bring back the Sadako girl (the shy stalker one that looked like the girl from The Ring). Someone else will bring back the other chick he had sex with before he met Tae, probably that pacifist idiot friend of his that finally got brought back to life. (I blocked out his name because I found his 'no killing attitude' the exact reason he died.)

rockmanj
Wed, 12-14-2005, 07:40 PM
well, i was referring to the girl that popped his cherry; i remember him bringing back tae. i guess he forgot about her

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-14-2005, 09:53 PM
He did rememer her, but she just didn't seem that important to the story after he got close to Tae.

Raven
Thu, 12-15-2005, 09:01 PM
You guys seem like you've read past 218, which is the latest chapter at Shocwave's channel. Where are you getting them?

Hakeem_21
Thu, 12-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Here http://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=501

I get almost all my mangas from baka

rockmanj
Fri, 12-16-2005, 03:59 AM
i either go to IRC or www.degree-anime.com

Hakeem_21
Fri, 12-16-2005, 08:37 AM
#lurk is the best in irc.

I wonder how Kurono will act now like the loser he was before that didnt care about anything or will he feel that he has changed even if he doesnt remember it.

Stoopider
Fri, 12-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Lol.. Kinda sad though.

Kurono is a loser again.

But somehow I think he'll be back in the room again.. soon.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 12-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Its a given he will be back in the room soon but its good see his everyday life now and then.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Chapter 221 is out, find out for yourselves.

All I have to say is I forgot how much of a dick Kurono came off before Gantz claimed him.

You'll just have to read the chapter yourself and make you own opinions.

Lefty
Fri, 12-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah he's back to his old ways but as we saw with Izumi you never compleatly forget Gantz. I think his interaction with his everyday will bring his memories back but I think he'll be dragged in through Tae or his brother one or the other, but his brother sounds like the better option.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 12-16-2005, 03:35 PM
I was talking about about 221, i read it in the morning.

Paulyboy
Sat, 12-31-2005, 03:33 AM
I thought everyone quit reading Gant, but its still cool you guys are still reading it. But man I cant believe he revived Nishin or whatever. You know he is going to remember again, and thats bull all that work for Tae and they freaking dont know each other, he should just stayed with Reika.

Edit: I also made a Gantz Manga discussion, no on ever replied to that lol. It was a while back

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...y=y&keyword1=Gantz (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=33&threadid=15708&highlight_ key=y&keyword1=Gantz)

Hakeem_21
Sat, 12-31-2005, 07:28 AM
I think his love for Tae is bigger enough to reive her even if she doesnt know him.

They are in the same class,he will run in to her. Also when he remembers alittle like Izumi did before,he will go after Tae.

Raven
Thu, 01-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Aww, 222 was so sweet...

Hakeem_21
Fri, 01-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Chapter 223 is out now!

Raven
Sat, 01-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Heh, I like the way this is going. He'll remember soon, or be reminded, or die again, or something. I LOVE how this series is so damned hard to predict.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 01-15-2006, 09:41 AM
I also like how things are going right now, seeing him cry without knowing why was something.

Paulyboy
Sun, 01-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, sweet chapter, man i just can't wait till the next chapter comes. He is going to remember, we all know that, the way he just cried over that picture.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 01-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah we know that but seeing Kurono real life always interest me more than the room,the mission etc.

Wonder if he will go after Tae now or if she will remember him.

Stoopider
Wed, 01-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Really? To be honest, I always thought he lived a boring life. Maybe a bit of his background, he was a trouble maker and a loser whereas his younger brother was always the achieving one, and he is the black sheep of the family.

But to whats going to happen next, that would be interesting. Especially when the next mission commences, without his leadership I wonder how many are going to die and stuff.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 01-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Yeah his life wasnt exciting at first but how he changed from a jerk to a nice guy in was interesting to see. How saving lifes in GANTZ made him better in his real life.

Raven
Wed, 02-01-2006, 08:37 AM
224 is out, I'm downloading now. The torrent is going slowwwww.

*Edit: Hehe. Teenage drama chapter. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Kyuuzou
Wed, 02-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I really think this is the worse show ever almost... I hated every thing about it...sucky ending...wait did it even have an end-_-;???? Anyway I just wasted my time watching the stupid show....

Ryllharu
Wed, 02-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Uhh...this is about the Gantz manga. It's absurdly better than the lame excuse of an anime they made it into.

Stoopider
Thu, 02-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Anime is awful.

Manga.. it's a totally different story. It's extremely good.

It's like how they bastardized hellsing.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-02-2006, 05:49 AM
What a messed up chapter it was. Whats wrong with Kurono he should remember her.

Raven
Mon, 02-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Izumi remembered eventually. Kurono will too.

Rocktar
Mon, 02-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Chapter 225 (raw) is out. I will kiss the first person to translate this. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Death BOO Z
Sat, 02-18-2006, 06:19 PM
wow, 221 is exactly what made me love gantz in the first place...
you just know that it won't happen in any other manga...

Hakeem_21
Mon, 02-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Heh man are you reading Shockwave scans? Why o why? The other scan group is as just good if not better.

Raven
Tue, 02-28-2006, 12:19 AM
226 is out. SPOILERS!!

A good chapter, nice to see the players in their daily lives. And it's good how Muscle Rider (can't remember his name) is going to look after Takeshi.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-01-2006, 05:01 AM
And the ending was interesting who the hell is the guy.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-01-2006, 09:53 AM
where can i find it at?

Raven
Wed, 03-01-2006, 06:53 PM
http://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=501

Raven
Thu, 06-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Ok, some of the chapters don't have download links at Baka-updates. Does anyone know of an alternative site we can use? I'm yet to find one. IRC isn't responding to my commands for some reason.

Augury
Fri, 06-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Jinchuuriki and Illuminati-TOWNL seem to be the main groups scanning gantz. Unfortunately, it seems that their download sections are both "Latest Downloads," and it seems that they don't keep the older torrents live. There's no link on baka-updates for 227, which I'm guessing is what you're looking for. The HTTP link over at Illuminati-TOWNL is broken and the torrent from Jinchuuriki has no more seeders.. (one leecher at 4.3%) =\

Did some more digging, You can download Jinchuuriki's 227 at StopTazmo (http://www.stoptazmo.com/) or Illuminati-TOWNL's 227 at narutocommunity's manga page (http://www.narutocommunity.net/manga/index.php). Watch out for narutocommunity though, I picked up the site off a google search and it's filled with ads and pop-ups.

Recent chapters can be found at Tokyotosho (http://www.tokyotosho.com/index.php), or at either of the scanning teams' sites.
Jinchuuriki (http://www.jinchuuriki.com/)
Illuminati-TOWNL (http://www.illuminati-manga.com/)

Death13a
Fri, 06-02-2006, 07:25 AM
here on torrent spy but it gotvery little seeders and leachers
http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=543854

i got gantz from irc (#lurk(www.gotlurk.net))

Raven
Sat, 06-03-2006, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the links, guys. I finally managed to get the IRC bots working but I'll save those links for future releases. :D

So anyone else read up to 233? Amazing stuff, love this series so much.

Augury
Sat, 06-03-2006, 03:19 AM
I'm at 233 also. I agree, Gantz is a great series - it was my favorite for a few weeks when I was reading it from 1-208. These mangas that have longer release times though - Gantz, Berserk, and to be extreme, Hunter x Hunter, really fall off the scope for current interests. It's a bit difficult to get excited over chapters that release every two to three weeks, although when read in succession the resulting story is usually awesome.

Recently the focus has stayed on Kei even though he's exited the system. I would be interested to see the remaining gantz team in their missions if I could read it in one sitting, but viewing the story from a release-to-release basis would probably make that really tough on Kei fans. Imagining reading the post-Buddha mission chapters week by week makes me cringe. It looks like we're going to see Kei thrown back into the gantz world ASAP, events aren't wasting any time converging on him.

Paulyboy
Sat, 06-10-2006, 10:34 PM
234 and its still good to know there are people reading this good manga. Also Izumi died... which was gay, so I hope they bring him alive. Akira (Kuronos bro) is also helping him out, but I didn't think they weren't in good terms but he still protects his brother.

http://www.illuminati-manga.com/forums/showthread.php?t=974

Death13a
Sat, 06-10-2006, 11:58 PM
I am reading it too...

Stoopider
Thu, 06-29-2006, 03:11 AM
I thought Izumi would die sooner or later. Nobody wants to help him as he's such a prick to begin with. Good fighter nontheless, but nobody can fight alone.

I wonder how's the next episode going to be like, especially with all his friends back again. I really hope Tomb Raider returns. Oooyeah!!. :p Kinda like Tomb Raider and the sniper guy from the Buddha scene. I thought those two would go far as well.

Aeon
Mon, 07-03-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm back to being caught up with Gantz and I'm a little disappointed that Izumi died. He was such a cool character and I didn't get to see his secret weapon:mad:. Anyone think Kurono dies again and is sent back to the room?

EinReB23
Sat, 07-08-2006, 11:12 AM
chapter 236 @ stoptazmo.com (http://www.stoptazmo.com) register first.

So I guess kurono will die since the gantz team is gonna be sent to the room again. Just a hunch anyway. At least he killed a lot of vampires first. :D

Aeon
Wed, 07-19-2006, 01:25 AM
Oh shit at 237.

http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/Gantz_ch237%5BIlluminati-TOWNL%5D.zip.torrent

WTF now I have to wait Nov 16th, day before ps3 to see Gantz part2. Was it really his brother that was calling him on the phone? It didn't seem as though his brother cared for him at all. And Katou is still using that darn capture gun. I hope Gantz 2 is about Reika and not him.

Lefty
Wed, 07-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Kei chan, NOOOOOOOO. This really proves no one is safe in this series. it takes balls to kill off you main character, but I was expecting somthing drastic but this even through me for a loop. Four months of guessing and waiting.

Augury
Wed, 07-19-2006, 03:20 AM
Whoa.

No more Kurono, huh? Has something like this ever happened before? Not only is the main character dead mid-series, but the gantz team loses its supposed two strongest members, Izumi and Kurono. I don't think he's even revivable, because he's no longer in memory, right? Unless gantz keeps a file on members that have exited the system.

I also don't want part two to focus on Katou, but I don't think it'll focus on Reika either. Her character isn't someone that masses of readers could easily identify themselves with. Aside from her being voted as the leader after Kurono left, she's been mostly a support role. Hopefully the story will spread its focus to cover all of the members equally - they're at the point where they've trained enough that they're a group of veterans now instead of just one.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 07-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Kie isnt that cause GANTZ can take back any dead people right, why not take back on of the best fighters in the game history.

Was his brothers head the vamp showed Kie? I mean Kie called him Akira which was his name right.

Did you guys see the preview it looks like GANTZ goes global.

Man phase 2 is soo fricking interesting. Typical its a long break when the manga reachs its high :P

Ryllharu
Wed, 07-19-2006, 01:57 PM
There is one thing they never explained, so I hope phase 2 touches on it. At first I thought the blonde haired smoker was Akira, but I was remembering it wrong. That's the only way I was able to notice this though. He and the girl vampire who looks like Gogo Yubari latched onto Gantz members before the transfered out. We've all seen the smoker before in a couple of places, but I didn't think we'd seen 'Gogo' before.

Back in chapter 228, Akira brought three girls to a vampire club where two of them were killed for food. The third he tried to run away with, but Blonde Smoker fought him for her and won. I assumed she was killed and fed on, but it seems that Blonde Smoker actually turned 'Gogo' into a vampire as well. To me, that comes off very odd, because I don't remember seeing any female vamps before, and most of them are so arrogant I couldn't see one saving somebody. It's interesting to say the least.

Here's hoping phase 2 focuses on most of the characters instead of that idiot Katou. Does anyone remember if the capture gun grants more of less points? I seem to remember it being FAR less.

Aeon
Wed, 07-19-2006, 11:24 PM
All this time I thought the blonde vampire was his brother. That's why I was all crap Kei's brother killed him. I'm annoyed that the artist of Gantz showed images from pt2, that means that he's already drew some things and is taking a break to annoy me :(. I am officially boycotting Gantz till after PS3 is launched.

Lefty
Thu, 07-20-2006, 12:25 AM
He probably has the first few new chapeters already done but he wants more time to rest but also develop the story more and take it to an even better level. This series is one of the most original sereis I have ever read, it's unpredictable, raw, and sucks you in. So let the man take his break, no one wants the quality to drop.

Augury
Thu, 07-20-2006, 04:19 AM
Does anyone remember if the capture gun grants more of less points? I seem to remember it being FAR less.
In the first mission Nishi tells Kurono that he'd get more points if he killed the onion alien. Nishi only got three points from capturing the "boss" of the mission, so it is indeed quite a bit less. Also - my memory is a bit fuzzy on this one - on the "Tae alien" mission didn't Tae get captured instead of killed? I think Izumi got 20 points from that one, though I may be totally off there.

About Akira: I'm almost positive that Akira is the guy that called Kei warning him of the attack. The blonde-smoker vamp that kills Kei is still unnamed, although he does seem to be the leader of the group of vampires that we've seen so far.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 07-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Akira is HIS BROTHER but i wonder if it was him that the smoker had his head of.

I mean who else they know would Kie care about. So his brother is gone i thought he would have a bigger role.

rockmanj
Fri, 07-21-2006, 09:38 PM
that was pretty gutsy to have Kurono die like that. I mean, now that the main character is gone, who's gonna be the go-to guy? Izumi??

Aeon
Fri, 07-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Sadly Izumi was killed a couple chapters back when that stupid reporter gave up His and Kei's home address's to the Vamps. What sucks even more is that we didn't even get to see Izumi use his new weapon that he earned.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 07-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Kie isnt dead for real not yet.

Aeon
Sat, 07-22-2006, 07:22 PM
I thought of something when I looked at the last page again, I remember during the anime we used to wonder if there were more then one Gantz in other cities. The people in the middle left look like Gantzers from Osaka. Now I wanna know why Katou was transported there. And what makes you think Kei isn't dead?

Stoopider
Sat, 07-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Anime sucks.

Manga's a whole world of difference.

Aeon
Sat, 07-22-2006, 10:04 PM
I thought the anime was great, I think the only thing it cut out was the nudity/sex scenes. I started reading the manga after season one ended and was complaining about wanting Kei(Female) to die and Shockwave posted up images of her death for us to see. After that he started translating and I didn't bother with season 2.

rockmanj
Sun, 07-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Ooops, i didnt mean Izumi, i meant kurono's friend with the long hair; i forget his name...

Augury
Mon, 07-24-2006, 02:09 AM
That is Izumi. Unless you're talking about Reika, who is female... I don't think any of the other gantz members have long hair

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-24-2006, 07:43 AM
Katou (the pacifist who died and whom I hoped had stayed dead) has a short ponytail, so I suppose he's got longer hair.

Augury
Mon, 07-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Katou. He's been gone so long he didn't even register, despite this recent discussion about him =P

rockmanj
Wed, 07-26-2006, 02:18 AM
yea, katou..by the way, what happened to his brother??

Ryllharu
Wed, 07-26-2006, 05:52 AM
They were re-united when Reika or Old Guy or whoever brought Katou back. Katou said something like "I'm back" and they hugged. Up until what just happened (and what's about to), I assume they were living happily on the plan they had figured out before, living together in a shitty apartment.

Aeon
Fri, 08-04-2006, 11:34 PM
I just remembered something while finally getting around to watching the uncut Gantz episodes. During the arc where the team was split over those that wanted to help Kei and those wanted to kill his gf there was a girl on their team that told Reika that she was raped and killed by other guys in the room. What happened to her?

Augury
Sat, 08-05-2006, 04:48 AM
I think she got killed during the last arc (Demons mission) when she followed a seperate group that claimed to lead the Gantz team. They ran into the 4 demons before they split up and got slaughtered. Not positive though, my memory's a bit fuzzy and I don't have the manga on hand to reference.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 08-05-2006, 09:03 AM
She got killed in that temple mission where Kishimoto died too.

Augury
Sat, 08-05-2006, 02:48 PM
That was the stalker girl of the gay model. The Tae mission (Kurono's gf) happened several missions after the wipeout at the temple anyways.

Raven
Sat, 09-02-2006, 07:56 PM
OMG! Everyone must read up to 237 if you haven't already!

It's taken me a while to catch up but I'm surprised there's no discussion about it yet.

Does anyone still read this?

No new Gantz until mid-November. :(

Raven
Sat, 10-14-2006, 01:04 AM
*bump just in case*

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-14-2006, 08:12 AM
It's taken me a while to catch up but I'm surprised there's no discussion about it yet.We did discuss it, back in July. It was on the previous page or so.

I'm looking forward to fresh Gantz though, after the Shinjuku arc, my intrest in the series whole skyrocketted. I want to find out what happens. I also hope Reika takes over, since Katou is a pacifist and will definitely be weak. Now that that Vamps got into Gantz's room, something very interesting should happen.

Raven
Sat, 10-14-2006, 10:19 AM
We did discuss it, back in July. It was on the previous page or so.
Oh, I was referring to the major turn of events in the latest chapter - no discussion about that.

I'm looking forward to fresh Gantz though, after the Shinjuku arc, my intrest in the series whole skyrocketted. I want to find out what happens. I also hope Reika takes over, since Katou is a pacifist and will definitely be weak. Now that that Vamps got into Gantz's room, something very interesting should happen.
I personally think Katou will be the leader, inspired by his desire to bring Kei back. Not to mention the fact that it was Katou who inspired Kei to be a leader in the first place. I hope somehow Izumi comes back too, but I doubt that'll happen.

Stoopider
Sat, 10-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if Izumi comes back. I'd wish to. More firepower. :D

THen get the sniper guy, and Tomb Raider.

Hey Guys, any news on Gantz? It's supposed to be out by now.

Stoopider
Wed, 11-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Latest Gantz is out! :D

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=11120.0
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rg4z24

Aeon
Wed, 11-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Oh heck yea, guess this means my boycott of Gantz is over.

Stoopider
Wed, 11-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Umm. It's not boycott. The writer took a holiday to write his other series,

Me Teru No Kimochi.

You can download it from www.mangatraders.com Pretty funny series.

Augury
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:57 AM
Nice, thanks for the heads up!

So if I'm reading this right, Vampire Dude actually stabs the guy inside the black ball, but there's no effect?

Aeon
Thu, 11-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Umm. It's not boycott. The writer took a holiday to write his other series,

Me Teru No Kimochi.

You can download it from www.mangatraders.com Pretty funny series.

Back when I found out Gantz was going on hiatus I decided to boycott everything Gantz till a new chapter came out. Now that it's out my boycott is over :D.

Looking back at the chapter we got to see Reika own the female vampire, while the guy vampire owned everyone else.

And what was up with the physic guy becoming a dick all of a something? He just used his wish to bring someone back to life and is looking down at someone else for doing it.

Why is the kid back in the room? I thought the muscle rider saved his life with his 100pts?

You would think Katou would want the guy vampire dead after killing his best friend but seems like he doesn't. This reminded me of when Izumi and his gang killed Kei's gf and when they went to the room they acted like nothing happened.

jing
Thu, 11-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Back when I found out Gantz was going on hiatus I decided to boycott everything Gantz till a new chapter came out. Now that it's out my boycott is over :D.

Looking back at the chapter we got to see Reika own the female vampire, while the guy vampire owned everyone else.

And what was up with the physic guy becoming a dick all of a something? He just used his wish to bring someone back to life and is looking down at someone else for doing it.

Why is the kid back in the room? I thought the muscle rider saved his life with his 100pts?

You would think Katou would want the guy vampire dead after killing his best friend but seems like he doesn't. This reminded me of when Izumi and his gang killed Kei's gf and when they went to the room they acted like nothing happened.

I think it was because Katou kept calling Kurono, "Kei-chan". Things they would call each other when they were very little. No Muscle Rider was used to revive Nishi I believe, since he knew the kid had no where to go, he decided to take care of him. I don't think Reika did much, it was the psycis that forced that girl vampire on the roofs. Anyhoo, this is getting really good now that vampires have to escape from gantz :D.

Lets say what if, you didn't kill the alien, and grabbed it back to the gantz room without after a mission failure. What the hell would the Alien do? Wear a suit? lol. Also, I have a gut feeling that the vampire gantzer will be the one that brigns Izumi back, somehow.

lambchopsil
Thu, 11-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Guys, just grab the Illuminati-Manga & The Ones Who Never Lie version. It'll be much cleaner than probably any other group for a long time...(until those HQ tank raws come out)

Zati
Thu, 11-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Guys, just grab the Illuminati-Manga & The Ones Who Never Lie version. It'll be much cleaner than probably any other group for a long time...(until those HQ tank raws come out)

Yes I agree Illuminati and TOWNL have the highest quality and I have always liked all there releases too.

Anyways here are the DDL links for anyone that wants :

Gantz c238 by Illuminati-Manga & TOWNL

Mirror 1 (http://illuminati-manga.mberendes.eu/Gantz/Chapters/Gantz_ch238%5bIlluminati-TOWNL%5d.zip)
Mirror 2 (http://ggpx.bechstien.com/Gantz_ch238%5bIlluminati-TOWNL%5d.zip)
Mirror 3 (http://210.193.49.219/~illuminati/Gantz/Chapters/Gantz_ch238%5bIlluminati-TOWNL%5d.zip)

animus
Fri, 11-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Eh, the art is kinda different and I feel it's kinda awkward.

Stoopider
Thu, 01-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Episode 242 just came out.

animus
Thu, 01-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Yea, but no 241 =(. Don't like missing stuff.

Augury
Thu, 01-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Different groups have picked up since 240. Illuminati-Manga hasn't dropped gantz, but is busy with stuff for now.
Gantz 241 MQ/HQ by Darktoi (http://rapidshare.com/files/8391034/ch241.zip)

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 01-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Don't know if you've guys have ever heard of the FPS game Crysis before but check this out. In the game you get a special nano suite which can but used to enhance speed, strength, armor, and stealth here's what it looks like ingame

Pic1 (http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/008/931665_20070109_screen002.jpg)

Pic2 (http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/004/reviews/931665_20070105_screen002.jpg)

Now if that doesn't remind you of the gantz suite nothing else will. It would be awesome if once the game gets released someone would make a special gantz mod, seeing as the suites powers work perfectly along with what the gantz suite is capable of. Just swap in a different texture modify the weapons and you got yourself a playable gantz FPS. If your curious to see how the suite works in-game check out this movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx6GjPXV3TU&mode=related&search=

Raven
Mon, 02-19-2007, 02:15 AM
LM, would you mind putting those pics behind a link? It's throwing the whole table out, thanks.

I'm liking the direction this is taking. Throwing the two vampires into the mix has spiced things up a lot, I can't wait to see what'll happen. And a whole other Gantz team in a different city? Wow.

animus
Mon, 02-19-2007, 07:56 AM
And female Alien Sex with stretchy heads O_o

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 02-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Sorry about the pics before being too large.

But yeah I must say that I really like the direction the manga is going in right now.

Especially with super bad new Gantz team. Raises a lot of unique questions and maybe it looks like were close to getting some answers as to what exactly gantz is.

Zati
Wed, 02-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Those pics from the game looks great, I hope to try it out when it comes out. Thanks.

Yeah the new Gantz team are badass just killing everything with no mercy and then raping the female alien was really crazy.

It was nice seeing Takeshi using Muscle Rider's move and I'm looking forward to a emotional Muscle Rider going all out on that big alien/monster.

rockmanj
Wed, 02-21-2007, 11:56 PM
i agree, that other team is whacked out (literally). Was that one guy doing heroin before he started?? I dont think there is a way to be sure, but either way, those guys are rough. Maybe Gantz is like some sort of training program to face a Huge alien threat...like worse than anything they have fought so far.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-22-2007, 12:49 AM
The thing about the other gantz team is that there not doing it as means of survival. For them it's a sport, a new sort of high enhanced further by the drugs. It's sort of like how Izumi wanted to get back into the gantz team so badly simply because he had nothing else to look forward to in his regular civilian life. You can tell that the simply choose to continue playing the game rather then go for their freedom by their choice to gain the more powerful weapons rather then leave. Those new weapons we saw them wield earlier are probably a sign of their progression.

Same rule applies to kurono as well to a lesser degree. At least before he started fighting for Tae.

My guess is that the whole gantz thing is reflective of a larger world wide pandemic. My guess is that for whatever it was created as a system to use civilians to police aliens who were living on earth but it seems as if the scale of both the conflicts as well as the number of aliens fought has increased with each and every mission. Although I just love it how the new gantz team is just a brutal and horrible as the aliens themselves. Because the sort of morality behind the gantz missions has always been something that's been toyed around with, that maybe the aliens might just want to live peacefully. But I think it's becoming more and more clear who is taking on the role of the aggressors if there are more teams out there like the new one.

The biggest question still remains though, who created the gantz system and developed the technology what is really going on.

We can see as much that the different communities of aliens are aware of each other as well as aware of the gantz team trying to wipe them out. My guess is that alot of the answers are going to come out the vampires. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Raven
Thu, 03-01-2007, 03:21 AM
Chapter 245 is out - man, what a fucking awesome battle.

http://phase3.tk/

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-11-2007, 03:38 PM
For how mediocre Gantz has been since Phase 2 started, chapter 247 seems to finally be turning it around. After all the Osakans have had their fun and the Muscle Rider duo made their own appearances, we finally get back to the core of the Tokyo team.

Katou is unsurprisingly, still a pacifist whiner. He'll obviously try to save innocent people at greater risk to himself, and generally show he's some sort of fantastic person. Bleh. I didn't think he belonged in this series in the first place, (I was shocked, but happy when he died the first time) and he still comes off as completely out of place.

The older of the two psychics reinforced what the goal of the players should be. To get out of the room. The vampires also made an appearance, I guess they will be next chapter.

Also, we see Reika's opinion of reviving Kurono. She wants to revive him, but knows that he'd only ignore her for Tae. Makes you feel really bad for her, even if she thinks she's turning into someone evil. She's obviously torn up about abandoning the innocent. I'd much rather have her become the focus of the story than Loser-Pacifist Katou.

animus
Wed, 04-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Cause she has massive jugs!

That aside, the opinions of Katou, Reika, and Sakata are really skewed this time around. Maybe Oku's trying to distract the readers away for longer that Kurono won't be coming back for awhile maybe?

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I actually wouldn't really mind if he didn't come back. They pretty much developed his character completely. He went from being apathetic about everything in life to becoming a hero in their own little world, and then after he had lost everyone, he finally developed into really caring about people (specifically Tae and his teammates).

They already killed his brother off, so they won't do any brother fighting even if he gets revivied.

I think it's time some of the other characters really got developed (not that Reika isn't fully developed in her own way).

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-14-2007, 11:24 AM
well, Shocwave version is out... such a great reading!
well, Osaka team are all crazy, in a crazy way... the aliens also look also awsomly dangerous...
kinda weird to have Kei dead... even if he actually developed enough for the lifetime...

Raven
Mon, 05-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Chapter 248 is out by phase3 - it seems they had to skip 247 due to the raw being too crappy, quality wise. If anyone spots a release of the chapter by another group please post it here. There's definitely a chunk missing in the action.

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-14-2007, 03:28 PM
ShocWave released chapter 247 back in April.

animus
Mon, 05-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Chapter 249 by Bludshock (http://www.bsmanga.com/download.php?file=18)

Foomanchew24
Mon, 06-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Reading all this and catching up kinda sucks =( Is this released only once a month? Or are subbers just going really slow, this kind of manga needs a fast subbing group, Iit is too good to have to wait month to month.

animus
Mon, 06-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Oku (The writer/artist) releases whenever he wants to. He likes to take breaks, and he's juggling another series at the moment (Me~teru no Kimochi) which is soon about to end I've heard.

Raven
Sat, 06-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Chapter 249 is out, in case anyone didn't know.

http://phase3.nyaatorrents.org/

*Edit: Whoops, sorry Animus, didn't see your post there.

Paulyboy
Sun, 07-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Ooops sorry, im an idiot and stoptazmo still has the best downloads, pretty fast. I can't believe that guy started raping that chick during the mission. Glad the manga is still going.

Kensee
Wed, 07-04-2007, 10:09 AM
I just read this entire manga from chapter 1 to 252 in one night (pulled an all nighter ..) and wow, this is a pretty interesting manga!

Anyhow, I noticed not too many people been posting recently ... so here we go!

Ch 250: http://new.dasisthost.com/vimanga/manga/gantz/22.250.rar
Ch 251: http://new.dasisthost.com/vimanga/manga/gantz/22.251.rar
Ch 252: http://new.dasisthost.com/vimanga/manga/gantz/22.252.rar

Enjoy!

Edit: aww man, I was one post away from 600! >.<

Raven
Thu, 07-05-2007, 07:05 AM
So many new characters. Thanks for that Kensee, the quality's not as great as phase3 but it's readable. There seems to be a heap of groups doing this manga at the moment, if anyone sees a chapter released please post it here.

Hooray, 25 page chapter next time!

Kensee
Fri, 07-06-2007, 02:19 AM
Yeah I also noticed the quality difference but it's not that noticiable. Good times, I can't wait for more =D

Kensee
Sun, 07-29-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm sorry for the double post, but I don't think people would check this thread if I just edit my last post. New post so people know a new chapter of Gantz is out!

Chapter 253: Thee and Thou? (http://new.dasisthost.com/vimanga/manga/gantz/22.253.rar)

Foomanchew24
Sun, 07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the chapter update, looks to be some more good ole fashioned sword play next chapter I hope. Just have to sit back and wait for the scantilation =)

Kensee
Sun, 07-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the chapter update, looks to be some more good ole fashioned sword play next chapter I hope. Just have to sit back and wait for the scantilation =)

Man, the guys who had at least 100 points a few times are being rocked. Interesting turn of events, looks like the hunters going to have to kill the monsters and somehow stop the vampires at the same time.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Gantz - 254 [Aladar] (http://www.sendspace.com/file/lx86t0)

Personally, I can't stand Phase3's cleaning/editing. It's poor quality work. They use blur or whatever to avoid having to do actual cleaning, so the line art gets obscured and it just looks shoddy.

Aladar doesn't do that a perfect job at cleaning either, but their translation is as good if not better than Phase3's, and they preserve Gantz's very nice line art

Chapter content: As expected, very nice swordfighting action.

Raven
Tue, 07-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Nice. The blonde vampire is badass. I'm surprised that I actually found myself rooting for the two of them. It'll be interesting to see what happens if they successfully team up with the players.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 07-31-2007, 09:11 PM
No talking and all action. What was the name of the guy who kept bringing people back? I hope he comes back at some point. Otherwise it seems odd to kill a protagonist after so far into the story.

rockmanj
Sat, 08-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Anyone see 255? Im not quite sure where the series is headed, but the mangaka draws some of the most compelling images Ive seen in a while. And hundreds of monsters? O.o What the hell is going on??

Foomanchew24
Sun, 08-12-2007, 12:47 AM
He introduced a whole new set of people but they are still at the earlier scene of the previous chapter, just a bit confusing I guess. Lots of aliens to kill now that guy should have no problem getting 100 points as long as he doesnt die.

Raven
Sun, 08-12-2007, 05:41 AM
It's interesting to see the story from this other angle, although I'm already missing the main characters. I wanna see more of Kaito.

So many aliens! They're so dead.

Foomanchew24
Sun, 08-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Kaito the original main character? Or is that his tall friend I haven't seen thier names for so long I forget. The tall guy needs to bring his buddy back. He was too young to die, he needs more opportunities with the ladies.

Raven
Mon, 08-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Kaito is the tall guy with the mullet.

Everon
Tue, 08-14-2007, 11:51 PM
255 is out if anyone has missed it.

I really hope we get some more answers after this mission. Or at least Kurono gets revived soon.

BTW who's the guy thats helping the glasses guy in this chapter? It kinda looks like Kurono's brother.

Augury
Thu, 08-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I think that's the guy who was pumping himself with drugs during the mission start. One of the Osaka team vets. He was riding the circle vehicle earlier too.

Paulyboy
Sun, 08-19-2007, 03:55 AM
I think that's the guy who was pumping himself with drugs during the mission start. One of the Osaka team vets. He was riding the circle vehicle earlier too.

Yeah it is, but man how are the updates coming in, I haven't been paying attention. Like once a month or week?

Foomanchew24
Tue, 09-04-2007, 12:18 AM
They seem to be coming out every two weeks Pauly, and with that here is a very nice chapter http://www.sendspace.com/file/apjwiy

rockmanj
Tue, 09-04-2007, 01:44 AM
That last part was really weird, with the 100 pointer turning into a naked woman O_o. I wonder if Kato (is that his name) could actually take it out??

Foomanchew24
Fri, 09-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Gants 257, enjoy! http://www.nyaatorrents.org./?page=download&tid=3663

Raven
Sat, 09-15-2007, 09:07 PM
So what just happened, the head kept coming towards him/her (not sure which) and the eye-beams burned the arm off? I'm assuming he can always regenerate if he has a bit of body left. What an invincible enemy. I have faith in Kato though. :)

Foomanchew24
Tue, 10-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Gants 258, nice looking but not much story. http://www.nyaatorrents.org./?page=torrentinfo&tid=3904

Raven
Sat, 10-06-2007, 03:22 AM
Why couldn't he just turn around and use the beams on them? Jeez...

I bet someone's gonna step in and save his sorry ass too.

February
Mon, 10-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Why couldn't he just turn around and use the beams on them? Jeez...

I bet someone's gonna step in and save his sorry ass too.

I dont want to be a smart ass but in that chapter, it said he was too scared to since he was running for his life.

Yeah that guy sucks but it looks like he's pretty much dead. They should kill off the non-interesting characters because too many characters were introduced lately and its hard to keep up with all of them.

I just hope Kurono and his brother somehow makes it back

And dont forget that bad ass guy with the long sword...forgot his name...I wish he came back somehow too

Raven
Fri, 10-19-2007, 09:35 PM
I did gather that, but come on. He had a weapon in his hands that could wipe out all of them. All he needed to do was just turn around.

rockmanj
Fri, 11-09-2007, 01:15 AM
New chapter out http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1AGGBXGC looks like the final battle is at hand.

Raven
Sat, 11-10-2007, 10:21 AM
How's Katou gonna get out of this one? He can't die, he already has in the past obviously, so it'd be dumb and anticlimactic for it to happen again.

oceen246
Sun, 11-11-2007, 12:38 AM
We'll see, I can't wait till the chapter. I do believe Katou is gon show is real strengh now, and not be all peaceful (which I still is a front) like he was in the begining

rockmanj
Thu, 12-13-2007, 08:37 PM
263 is out at franky house. This shit is just getting plain insane now...although its good to see someone thats not Japanese actually do something and not get killed for a change.

Raven
Tue, 01-08-2008, 07:44 AM
It was kind of hard to see what was going on there. They had some sort of weight or pressure gun, right? Crushing the aliens from above? Pretty cool.

I love how laid back the Osaka team is, even when they're being beaten or dying.

I wonder what they'll do against this final boss. It's gonna be a major battle by the look of it. Bring it on.

rockmanj
Tue, 01-08-2008, 08:21 AM
that was certainly strange...to say the least.

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 03-22-2008, 11:53 PM
I just finished the anime and was wondering where I should start my reading. Do I have to start from vol 1 because the anime is way different or can I just jump into the middle of it and get a good feel?

Raven
Sun, 03-23-2008, 06:29 AM
This manga is nuts. Never would have seen that second-last form coming. It was certainly easy on the eyes. And this new Osaka veteran? I can't wait to see what he looks like. He must be damned good at the game to have saved up so many points for that suit. What a badass.

You can read up to chapter 269 btw, by Binktopia. Perhaps more by other groups?

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-23-2008, 06:35 AM
I just finished the anime and was wondering where I should start my reading. Do I have to start from vol 1 because the anime is way different or can I just jump into the middle of it and get a good feel?

I would advise reading it from the start. If you didn't manage to get the uncensored dvd rips of the first half of the series, you will have to start from the beginning. Otherwise, you could probably start around volume 8. It will overlap with the Shrine episodes (you should know which ones I'm referring to, they are midway in season 2 of the anime, which were episodes 14-26) and from there, the series diverges.

EDIT:
The anime specifically diverges at volume 8, chapters 89-90.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 03-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Thank you very much for the help.

Man this manga rocks, kinda feels like it's taken a lot of influences from Berserk :)

Boooring, I hoped that Katou would be the one to take down the big head. Now his probably not gonna be able to bring back Kurono which is kinda boring since he is the coolest character in this manga.

Foomanchew24
Sat, 06-14-2008, 12:43 AM
274 is now out you can go grab it at mangatraders.com.

Manga Discussion:

Crazy, crazy fight...I would have given up a long time ago. I't seems as there is no hope to end this. Hopefully this comes to a close soon as I would like to see what people are going to do with thier points.

Raven
Sun, 06-15-2008, 08:48 AM
This is batshit insane - when will it ever end? Love this manga, can't wait to see how it turns out. I hope they all live but you never know with Gantz.

animus
Sun, 06-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Am I the only one whose rather annoyed on how long this is taking?

Abdula
Sun, 06-15-2008, 10:34 AM
No, it would be more correct to say that Raven is the only one who isn't annoyed.

Raven
Wed, 07-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Chapter 275 is out. Somehow I don't think this plan will work.

Abdula
Wed, 07-02-2008, 10:35 AM
I think it will, simply because this stupid pointless mission has been going on for months now and its about damn time it ends. They couldn't possibly intend on stretching this out anymore.

wowza161
Wed, 07-02-2008, 03:31 PM
for some reason i think he just doesn't know where the hell he's going to take this manga. kinda like lost.

animus
Wed, 07-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Honestly what else can he make out of this manga now. He pigeon-holed himself with this new boss-monster. Self-reviving and adaptive. What else can he make now?

Carnage
Thu, 07-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Simple: Freeza.

Raven
Fri, 07-04-2008, 08:34 AM
This manga's already had a Freiza. Remember the first alien that was visible to people outside the game? The one that followed Kei to school? Freiza, right there.

Carnage
Sat, 07-05-2008, 09:27 AM
It didn't blow up the world with its finger, but fine. Then I guess we need a Vegeta.

"Damn you Kakor....I mean..Kei....blast it!"

Everon
Sat, 07-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Its still going? I gave up on the arc months ago, hoping I'd be able read the arc in its entirety. Bleh, dissapointing. By the time this is done, one of them better have over 9,000 points.

wowza161
Fri, 07-11-2008, 05:08 PM
276 is out on mangatraders

just when we thought we were gonna get some answers, nurari has to reply with some cryptic-ass shit

and lolchad

Carnage
Fri, 07-11-2008, 05:51 PM
What the fuck are you talking about, this is a nice change for once.

Thank god it seems the arc is ending here.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-11-2008, 06:25 PM
damn, this shit is stupid.

I read fifteen chapters of the monster (half of the forms I couldn't even understand) beating the gantz team, two robots (was the gundam robot another monster?) and recreating itself over and over with no valied reason.
dude is god, can't be killed, and whatever. just kill that Katou fuck and get over this, the guy is a douche, I can't stand him. and now he got the cutest girl to fall for him.

reading this is like a micro-cosmos of goodlooking nonsense. some guys show up, hardly talk and look cool, they kill something, get killed by the hands of something, and are replaced with other similar looking dudes. It's pointless to even remember the names...

Abdula
Fri, 07-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Seriously I was fully expecting them to both be impaled while they were hugging. Hopefully, hopefully this arc really will end after this battle which I expect will take yet another 5 or 6 chapters.

Carnage
Fri, 07-11-2008, 06:39 PM
dude is god, can't be killed, and whatever.

He's not god....he's probably talking about gantz.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-11-2008, 06:53 PM
not what I meant.
we've given up hope long ago to find a reasonable explainnation for Gantz.
I meant that the current monster is playing with Godmode activated, and no matter what happens to him from now on, it'll be stupid.

most of the forum believes this is the final form (how come? no Idea, it just seems right).
what's the story reason for this being a final form, and not just another form in the chain of massacare? the monster didn't have any determinate 'line' of shape-shifting that can suggest a power-based structure ('this is my final form, 100% of my power!"), and he doesn't seem to have a definite number of lives\bodies.
he is going to die (if this really is the final form) just because it's time to end this fight, there's no reason why this form is the last, and not the one before it (the woman) or a form later.
besides, they killed off the the seven-times-winner of the game in off-screen? what the hell? they should have at least give him an off-screen victory, and bring in another form with the body, to indicate that he killed the alien again.

The shit is just dumb, it's like half of LOST> the worse half.

Carnage
Fri, 07-11-2008, 07:22 PM
We believe its the end because finally there's a fucking point to this arc, which is to lead into the next arc.

I don't think we're ever going to get a clear a explanation for Gantz. The whole god thing is just to add to one of the themes of the manga.

wowza161
Fri, 07-11-2008, 07:43 PM
What the fuck are you talking about, this is a nice change for once.

what changed, exactly? oh wait, absolutely nothing.

Carnage
Fri, 07-11-2008, 09:42 PM
what changed, exactly? oh wait, absolutely nothing.

The fact that this fight might be over. :p

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-12-2008, 04:54 PM
...and what exactly gives you that indication?

-He lost his head...the chapter declared a "turning point!!"...and it turned into a mass of bodies that ate everything.
-The head was by itself....and it gave out Laz0r beams.
-They used the laser-beam head on the bodies....chapter declared, "a turning point!"...and the head got stolen.
-The a bunch of stuff happened with the Osakans...the chapter declared a "turning point!"..and it turned into a mass of women and killed them all.
-They destroyed the mass of women...the chapter declared a "turning point."...and it turned into the mega demon and killed everyone (again).
-The mega demon was destroyed...the chapter declared a "turning point..."...and the Osakan guy got bored and left, and it turned into a bunch of things.

I'm sure I have half the order out of place, because it's so stupid and pointless with this one alien that no one cares anymore. "Turning Points" in the battle have become meaningless, and the story isn't going anywhere. There's absolutely zero indication that this is the "end" anymore than the last thirty times the battle was "over."

I'll check back in three months. This is worse than Guts & Co. trying to get to an island for the last two years. At least there's plot in between there.

Carnage
Sat, 07-12-2008, 10:39 PM
...and what exactly gives you that indication?

You're paying attention to the action. The monster revealing part of the theme is an obvious indication into the next arc. Putting that question into Kato's head will most definitely lead him into thinking about it in the next arc. This arc has just shown its drawn-out purpose, which is to lead into the next arc. I don't think the mangaka did a good job of it, but thats what it is.

Abdula
Sat, 07-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Not trying to act like an idiot or anything but wasn't the purpose of every arc just to lead into the next arc. I mean what was the point of that guy's brother, forgot what his name was, being introduced as a vamp just for both him and his brother to be killed. Speaking of the vamps where are they? Were they all killed too, I can't seem to remember and I'm certainly not going to go back and check.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 07-13-2008, 04:59 AM
Excuse me, but is there anywhere I can find gantz 272- other than mangatraders?

Ryllharu
Sun, 07-13-2008, 06:15 AM
You're paying attention to the action. The monster revealing part of the theme is an obvious indication into the next arc. Putting that question into Kato's head will most definitely lead him into thinking about it in the next arc.
But this has happened before with Kuruno. When he was all alone after everyone died at the temple, fighting the alien that invaded the school, that alien said similar things about why the Gantz crew fights aliens towards the beginning of that arc.

I won't disagree with you that these lines will connect the next arc, but with the way this arc has been going, making a claim that the arc will finally end just because they finally added in a little plot is a bet I would not take.

Foomanchew24
Sun, 07-13-2008, 11:07 AM
You can get those chapters at mangashare as well.

http://mangashare.com/manga/Gantz/

Augury
Mon, 07-14-2008, 11:30 AM
That main / light-haired vamp should still be alive somewhere lugging around the vamp girl

But yeah, this arc has dragged too much. Gantz already had an overall slow/immersed pace to it before this but now...

Everon
Wed, 07-16-2008, 04:19 AM
Sigh....nobody got my "over 9,000" points joke :(

wowza161
Wed, 07-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Sigh....nobody got my "over 9,000" points joke :(

i think we all got it, it's just that it wasn't worth going off-topic to note

anyways, here's a pic for the lulz
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/wowza161/heroback.jpg

TheGenius
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Here are spoilers for the next chapter.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/538417/01.jpg.html

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/538418/02.jpg.html

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/538419/03.jpg.html

桜井、レイカ、杏の遠距離射撃からの一斉攻撃が続く。
どんどん崩れていくぬらり。
「なんのこれしき」ぬらりは目からビームを撃ってビルを破壊していく。しかしこれが明らかにや みくも。
さらに攻撃を続けるレイカ達。
加藤がHガンに駆け寄るがビームにより足がやられる。しかし負けじと駆け寄る。
それを見た杏が必死に駆けつける、がぬらりビームの餌食になる(死亡)
その瞬間、氷川がぬらりを縦に斬って終わり.

Credits GAT-X252

animus
Thu, 07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
277 Scanlation by Franky House out.

They finally better finish this up, I swear.

Carnage
Thu, 07-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Told you, it looks like this is the end

TheGenius
Thu, 07-24-2008, 11:06 PM
I think it's done, if I see another version of bloody Nura, I'll snap!

wowza161
Fri, 07-25-2008, 12:05 AM
fucking vampire finally decides to show up

TheGenius
Fri, 07-25-2008, 10:57 AM

Jesus-Christ Himself could've ended that mission and I would not care, I just want it to be done!

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-25-2008, 01:03 PM

ain't that nice...

maybe he'll kill Katou as well, we've seen too much of his face since he came back to life...

Raven
Sat, 07-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I hope there's another form after this, some minuscule insect form that's lightning quick and can't be hit with the weapons. :D

Board of Command
Mon, 07-28-2008, 11:14 PM
There has to be another form. They gotta milk every last drop out of this monster.

Carnage
Thu, 08-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Here's the chapter from FH:

Link (http://www.franky-house.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6095)

wowza161
Fri, 08-08-2008, 12:06 PM
you can tell on page 9 that he totally forgot how to draw kei. finally we can get to bragging rights. and just who was yamazaki again?

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I think Yamazaki is the new girl, that suddenly digs Katou like crazy.
It doesn't make any sense, unless Katou is dying right now, and won't revive at all (hardly possible, but I'd like that to happen).

one of the worst arcs in the manga, and it started so good...

Carnage
Fri, 08-08-2008, 05:28 PM
The only bad part for me was the very beginning and the stretched middle.

wowza161
Fri, 08-08-2008, 07:58 PM
at least we might finally get to see some answers... i really don't see what other possible crazy bullshit the manga-ka can pull on us after that ubermensch monster

also, i just realized that katou actually got the last hit on that monster... to tell the truth i was kinda disappointed when that 7 time osakan came on the scene cause i thought he would be grabbing all the points

in addition, if anyone has seen welcome to the NHK, two of the main characters there are satou and yamazaki-- i really doubt this is a coincidence on the manga-ka's part.

Raven
Sat, 08-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I've liked this fight - my main question now is what relationship will the vampire(s) have with the Gantz group after this? I mean, he did kind of save them all. And didn't they save him at one point way back when?

Can't wait to see everyone's scores! And if Katou did put the final blow on that monster, that'll mean he has 100 points and it'll be time to revive Kei again.

Carnage
Sat, 08-09-2008, 11:34 PM
I've liked this fight - my main question now is what relationship will the vampire(s) have with the Gantz group after this? I mean, he did kind of save them all. And didn't they save him at one point way back when?

Yes I do wonder how they're going to leave the Gantz room.

wowza161
Sun, 08-10-2008, 12:21 AM
>Can't wait to see everyone's scores! And if Katou did put the final blow on that monster, that'll mean he has 100 points and it'll be time to revive Kei again.
>And if Katou did put the final blow on that monster, that'll mean he has 100 points and it'll be time to revive Kei again.
>it'll be time to revive Kei again.
>Kei

FUCK YEA SEAKING

oh wait, but Kei died outside of the gantz room... fuck

Raven
Sun, 08-10-2008, 12:36 AM
oh wait, but Kei died outside of the gantz room... fuck
But it doesn't matter where they die, AFAIK. Gantz revives the player from the Gantz memory, the latest time the person was "backed up", so to speak.

6Zabuza9
Sun, 08-10-2008, 05:59 AM
so probably next thing kei would remember was when he was asking gantz to revive him

wowza161
Mon, 08-11-2008, 10:36 AM
so probably next thing kei would remember was when he was asking gantz to revive him

lol that sucks so much balls it's not even funny.