PDA

View Full Version : slow d/l

TLEE1183
Mon, 04-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey guys, I apologize for another slow d/l post, but I'm getting like .05 kb, and no uploading whatsoever. It's probably because I'm at a university and logged on to their network. Is there anyway to get through whatever the school has up blocking it? Thanks

TLEE1183
Thu, 04-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Anybody? Help? Any information? Sorry guys, I'm not much of a computer person and don't understand this kind of stuff. If someone could help a brother out?

stos289
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Ok this is like the tenth time i'm doin this but I gotta help a brother out. First of all check if your computer has a firewall. If you have a router then it has a firewall. Then what you need to do is something called port fowarding. Basically what you are doing is allowing the data that you are gathering from the torrent file to go directly straight to the computer, and not first go to the router. If you do not know how to port foward, you will need to tell me what kind of router you have (If you have one), I can help you from there. If you know how to port forward, then you need to forward ports 6881-6999. This should greatly increase the speed of your download. Also make sure you have the original bit torrent client, other experimental clients can have bugs which cause bad data files. If you have any other questions then just post and I'll try to help.