PDA

View Full Version : naruto anime DVDS

duckblink
Mon, 04-26-2004, 11:21 AM
hi i think this is the right place to post this? any way i was wondering if i oredered the naruto DVDS from www.amazon.jp would they be able to ship to the uk or can they only be shipped within japan?
any responses would be greatly appreciated, bye!

Ooshna
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:05 PM
I would suggest either just to try it and if they can't check ebay.

duckblink
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:19 PM
K THNX BUT HAS ANY ONE ACTUALY TRIED IT?

Assertn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:51 PM
i would suggest not to buy them

for they are either bootleg, or not subbed

NM
Mon, 04-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Just burn the episodes. Not that hard.

Rek
Mon, 04-26-2004, 06:46 PM
most def... not to mention the whole part about regions... but when you do it, post again, and tell us how decent they are... because they are cheap right now

Assertn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 06:47 PM
people have tried the bootleg ones before....they gimp up the translations of stuff

uchiha = genius clan
sharingan = chyslron eyes
rock lee = leelock

and much, much more

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 04-26-2004, 07:04 PM
if ur looking for naruto dvds, then go here (http://www.import-action.com) they have a shit load of anime and other stuff at low prices

InnerSakuraChan
Tue, 04-27-2004, 12:52 AM
yea - don't buy from ebay - most of them are bootleg. my little bro bought some naruto awhile ago from there, and it tured out that some prick just encoded the anbu/anone subs and burned them all onto a dvd. its such a rip off - people shpuldn't sell FREE fansubs.i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

LostAngel
Tue, 04-27-2004, 12:56 AM
I had bought parts 1-2 from one guy off of ebay and 3-5 from another. Part 1-2 where horrible subbing, but parts 3-5 where okay, part 3 what kind of bad, but part 4-5 was some type of fan sub they just burned on dvd, so it was translated good. So I wouldn't recommend buying them off of ebay. If you do, look at the persons feedback, and anyone who says anything about bad subing dont buy. Because you will just be wasting your money.

The only place I can think that sells them too is discountanimedvd, but I think those are bootlegs too but because officially they are a store they have to have good subbing because they gurantee (bad at spelling sorry) them. A friend of mine buys from them all the time.

complich8
Tue, 04-27-2004, 12:59 AM
the only legit naruto dvds which currently exist are the r2 japanese dvds, which are (as the name suggests) both region-2 encoded and have only japanese audio and no subtitle tracks.

But the link you posted (amazon's jp section) will sell those to you, and they'll gladly ship it to you. You'll pay heavy costs, and if you don't speak japanese they're not what you want, but .... they'll sell it to you.

I'd recommend watching the fansubs and waiting for someone to license it. This series is so incredibly popular in japan and in the fansub world that it's sure to get licensed, the question is when. Meanwhile, I wouldn't ebay (you'll find bootlegs and burned fansubs there), and be aware that anything that DOES have english is either going to be burned fansubs or hkdvds (neither of which is probably desirable).

duckblink
Tue, 04-27-2004, 07:48 AM
thnx cmplich8 the fact that they are region 2 dosent matter, it's just that when it does get licensed here it'll probably be cut to pieces as with most other animes that are released in the US and the UK. oh and i wasnt even thinking of ordering them off of EBAY. thnx any way