PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way back for Sasuke?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-26-2004, 03:42 AM
Seriously.
We're expecting the big fight Naruto x Sasuke, or whatever solution is found to bring him back to Konoha.
We know that he won't die, at least right now, and since Naruto promissed it to Sakura, most likely he will bring Sasuke back.
I can think, of two things:
1. Naruto convinces him to be *good* again. He comes back to Konoha. Is he going to go back being the simple genin that he is and do D and C missions?
2. They bring him back to Konoha still under the influence. There's going to be this whole sealing or whatever to *save* him from Orochimaru. Will it work? Still what is he going to do as a ninja?
I think since he threw away his forehead protector, there's not much going back for him. And IMO he should deal with the consequences of what he did and try to get rid of Oro's influence by himself.
Still, what could be other alternatives to save him???

Yondaime
Mon, 04-26-2004, 04:52 AM
As far as I understand Oro wants Sasuke so that he can make him stronger and transfer into his body after two years.....well Sasuke doesn't know that....so I am thinking he'll find out the truth and obviously he is not gonna give up his body to Oro....and he'll realize who his true friends are....and he'll definately come back.....thats the only way around it....

But on a side theory.....Is Sasuke going to Oro with Level 2 Seal part of a bigger plan ...maybe Sasuke is trying to get close to Oro so that he can avenge 3rd's death......well Konoha still doesn't know that Oro got himself a new body and he can use his jutsu again...so they might have planned that since Oro is weak and he wants Sasuke who is the only person who can truly get close to him and kill him....oh well thats just a whole lot of bullshit...but hey who knows.....that could be the next big plot twist.

Mcdougal
Mon, 04-26-2004, 05:42 AM
Interesting theory, Yondaime, one i hope they'll run with, but i doubt Sasuke is in it for anything but pwer to fullfill his revenge. I might have seen it as a viable theory if Sasuke hadn't bumped into Itachi. Before his run in, he had managed to form friendships, to openly (debatable) care for people. But when he underwent that Sharingan torture and saw how outclassed he was, whatever semblance of a life he had managed to scrape together, whatever loyalties he managed to form where instantly forgotten. Only thing that remains is his need for revenge. He just wants the bastards head on a platter, no matter the price. And the quickest way to get his revenge is by selling his soul to Oro.

Neji-Anki-Sama goes with the assumption that Naruto will bring back Sasuke, either by dragging his unconcious body or by convinving him to come back.
But i don't think that Naruto will be able to fullfill his promise to Sakura, at least not right away. I think that Sasuke either manages to lose Naruto, someone intervenes and stops Naruto from pursuing Sasuke,
or most likely, Sasuke just plain beats the crap out of Naruto. This would be a severe blow to Naruto, because so far, he's managed to pretty much touch everyone with his ideals and optimism, from bad ass ninja Zabusa to neji to Gaara. It would be be an intersting side story to see how Naruto deals with "failing" his friend and team mate Sasuke. Either way, after that, we have several alternatives, if we operate on the assumption that he'll be saved.

1. Sasuke kills Itachi, and then leaves Orochimaru because his task for vengance is done. Provided of course, that Sasuke trains his ass of with Oro, otherwise he won't be able to stand a chance against his brother.

2. Naruto and co manage to beat some sense into his skull when (or IF) the leaf deals with Orochimaru.

3. Sasuke realises how much his friends means to him (maybe after Sakura is injured, or Naruto abducted by Itachi), and leaves Oro.

4. Sasuke finds out about oros plan to take over his body and leaves.

5. Orochimaru is killed, thus realising the seal on Sasuke and Sasu goes home.

Personally, i think (and hope) it'll be either option 2 or 3. And i'm quite sure that Naruto will have a hand in Sasukes return to Konoha, thus, ultimatly, fullfilling his promise to sakura. That is, IF Sasuke returns to Konoha, which we all hope he does.

Raven
Mon, 04-26-2004, 07:57 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that level 2 Sasuke has some evilness, due to the "kukukuku", I don't think he has any ulterior motives and he's actually "good".

HimizujinEternia
Mon, 04-26-2004, 10:14 AM
I honestly think that there is no way Naruto can bring back Sasuke for the sake of the story. What I want to see is Naruto unable to fufill his way of the ninja. I believe that Sasuke has the potential to be the final villian in the series, so perhaps Naruto will finally fufill his promise after he kills Sasuke in their final fight (which should take place after Sasuke kills Itachi and Naruto becomes Hokage.) Naruto then brings Sasuke's body to Sakura, finally fufilling his promise.

Azure
Mon, 04-26-2004, 10:27 AM
who knows what will happen...
but i don't think that no one can take sasuke back, just for the facts that he doesn't want to go back.
he took the pill by himself. nobody forced him, knowing that when the curse reach higher your body will become a mindless puppet.
maybe its just that he wants revenge so much that he can't stand to be weak anymore and do everything he can (even sacrificing his friends and his body) to complete the vendetta, to gain supreem power.

from my point the only thing that could happen is that itachi kicks oros ass, making sasuke realize that itachi is so much stronger then some simple curse.
and with that info it would be pretty useless to sacrifice your body for a revenge that cant be fullfilled...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
I think it's pretty obvious that level 2 Sasuke has some evilness, due to the "kukukuku", I don't think he has any ulterior motives and he's actually "good".

I am assuming that Naruto *fixes* his evilness, either or the spot or by taking him back to Konoha to recieve an anti-Oro treatment.
Yeah, there is a great chance that he remains evil for the rest of the story, but would be the first time that Naruto would fail in a mission...
I didn't assume that he's *good* right now, but trying to figure out if he has ways to come back to the good side, how it would be done and what will happen to him, if he comes back to the good side.
*If* he returns to the good side, killing Itachi would be something that he will have to reconsider, since revenge is stupid. I didn't say that, Kakashi said so. So we have the premisse revenge is stupid already in the story.
Of course, there's the possibility of Naruto failing in his mission, and we will still have to center, not only this arc, but the rest of story on saving Sasuke. If Oro manages to get what he want, Sasuke will be gone. Oro takes his body and it's nite, nite Sasuke-kun. Likely, Oro will take over Sasuke right away, because his physical condition seems to be deteriorating. He said that he'd wait for Sasuke to develop, but when he said that his arms were working A-Ok....
So if Oro gets to take him, he will be gone in an instant, and there won't be any way to *save* him. I am assuming that a Sasuke with Oro inside is as good as dead, and the only choice would be kill this body with Oro inside.
Also, it's very unlikely that Oro will use Sasuke's body to kill Itachi, at least right now, because it would be to put his new body at stake for a not so good reason. I don't think Itachi cares about Sasuke, he thinks he's weak, and he won't be wasting his time with him, either with the real Sasuke or with the Oro inside Sasuke's version.

And yeah, Eternia, bringing back the dead body of Sasuke would be fullfiling the mission. At least not to allow Oro to get hold of it.

Azure, Sasuke killing Itachi has been around since day one of the series, so it's one of those things that *must* be done, pretty much like Naruto becoming Hokage...

Death BOO Z
Mon, 04-26-2004, 10:56 AM
I can't see Sasuke coming back to the leaf now, for these three reasons.
A. the leaf crumblence scenes, and all the foreshadowing parts.
B. the dying (or half dying) of a few leaf members on his behalf.
C. the compelete fan ramapage that will take place if we discover that the last five months were for nothing.

On the other side, We have Sasuke as oro's new appreenteciece for the next three years (until oro is ready to switch bodies again), and i'm quite sure that Oro will train him for the best (since he won't want to waste time training once he gets the body) and he'll keep him out of danger. During those three years, the plot can finnally focus on someone else other than Sasuke... Some Akatsuki and some sakura and the girly co. and alot of Naruto. after about a year (real time) we'll be ready to see Sasuke again, losing his temper and going up against Itachi (with the secret encourgement of kabuto), and on the same time, Sakura and Lee are spying on Kisame to get information, and then they see him attack Kisame, and despertaly loses (since he's Sasuke, he can't win anything) and when Lee saves his petty ass, Sasuke gets angry and beats lee to dust, then Sakura tells Naruto that Sasuke is still alive (they'll all believe that Oro has already taken over the body, since Kimimaru doesn't know Oro used the back-up body plan), Naruto gets angry, waits until Sasuke kills Itachi and then goes to kick Sasuke's ass for being a jerk, then Oro appers to help Sasuke, and Naruto summons Gamabunta while escaping with Sasuke.

{sarcasem on\}
then, on nightime, Sasuke goes out and rapes some woman, therefore completing his second goal (restoration of the clan) and then rolls over and dies like the useless piece of shit he is, end of his pathetic life story.
{sarcasem off\}

back to being serious, Sasuke will eventually return to the leaf to rebuild his clan, If Sasuke were to be the main charecter, i'd even say that he'll realize he loves Sakura and go rebuild his clan with her, but since he isn't (and i hate him), i just think he'll get drunk, rape some woman, and get a sex desise which he'll die from.

oh, and FYI, i know that dots and paragraph strcture >>> me, i just don't care

sangai
Mon, 04-26-2004, 11:27 AM
my beliefs of what will happen to sasuke.

1.naruto will kill him draging his lifeless body back to sakura(she never said he had to be alive)
2.naruto kicks the living crap out of him and drags him back to the village, only making sasuke hate him more, sasuke would go under constant survellince. and would constantly try to escape.
3. sasuke gets a way but orochimaru in his new body is pissed that he couldn't have sasuke and throughs him into a cell.

4.naruto can't convince him but he tells naruto he's not going to orochimaru but rather he's going to find his brother. naruto want's to go. they go together, sasuke gets killed naruto is kidnapped and the series ends there.

2 months from now a new saga will be released. naruto is older and is still trying to escape from the atkatsuki

Stoopider
Mon, 04-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Yup. I don't think there's a way back for Sasuke. Unless he finally take Kakashi's word to heart. But that'll be the end of Sasuke already. That just wouldn't be him anymore.

Hyuga Koji
Mon, 04-26-2004, 11:52 AM
I don't see Sasuke coming back until he kills Itachi.

throwing away that forehead protector put him on a one way trip to fulfill his goal of killing Itachi, Naruto won't be able to convince Sasuke to come back they'll have some tussle and Sasuke will either be helped or he'll win and go to the Sound on his own power.

He might leave Oro if he finds out about the body-snatching but he won't be coming back to the leaf he'll just keep searching for Itachi.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:22 PM
The only problem I see with everybody's theories is that I believe that if Oro gets ahold of him now, he will be gone. That to make sense, since Oro's needs a new body right away, and won't be waiting 3 years. Just something I thought it would be reasonable to think about.
I mean, with those arms summoning Manda is totally risky to begin with, and Manda is one of his more powerful weapons.
Kabuto, for what I have seen of him so far, is not exactly a reliable person, and for his own good, I hope that Oro is aware of that. If Kabuto is already a bastard on his own right, imagine him controlling Manda. It would be totally dangerous to Oro.
And as much as I want to see Sasuke's dead body, maybe even more than Death Boo wants to see Kiba's dead body, and that's saying a lot, I don't think that will happen right away...
The thing is some sort of resolution, good or evil, should come to this character. Hopefully sooner than later, otherwise he will remain being the nuisance he has always been. Unless, of course, he becomes a real evil guy, worse than all of them put together. A remarkable achievement in itself, considering who he is. That would finally make him an interesting character and not the simple annoyance that he's now.
Anyway, back to assuming, for the sake of argument, that he's worth something and has a function in the story.

Azure
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:31 PM
i didnt say he wont kill itachi,
just that he cant be greater then him by just oros seal power...
oro himself said that itachi is stronger then him...
aaanyway..
lots of theories that involves sasukes head on a plate...
there's sure lots of anticipation for the next few weeks (since i dont think that the battle is going to end that fast)

sangai
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:31 PM
well oro already has a new body has to wait to transfer into a new one at least till he gets his streangth back, who the hell now how long that is a day 3 years.

somewhere it is mentioned that it would take a long ass time.

Mcdougal
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:37 PM
The thing is that no matter how badly Orochimaru wants a new body, he'll still have to wait twp three years, since the body switching jutsu has a time limit. Apparently he can only use it once every few years, so there's no way he could take over sasukes body now.

solarium
Mon, 04-26-2004, 02:27 PM
There will be eventually a situation where Sasuke can choose to kill Itachi or save his teammates. At the end he will realise that he also has something important to protect and that's of more value than revenge. Killing Itachi, doesn't make him better than he is. Naruto and Sasuke will finally acknowledge each other. Cliche, oh well but that's the theme of the anime.

hiten mitsurugi
Mon, 04-26-2004, 03:16 PM
The only way back for Sasuke is to have a match with Itachi right now. Then he'll see how futile a level two 2 seal is and return to have Tsunade remove it. Of course this would mean that Naruto would have to be captured.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 04-27-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
The only way back for Sasuke is to have a match with Itachi right now. Then he'll see how futile a level two 2 seal is and return to have Tsunade remove it. Of course this would mean that Naruto would have to be captured.

Well, as a matter of fact, I think if Itachi had some brains, he'd go for Naruto right now, while he is pretty much alone and vulnerable.
Sheesh, even animals know how to locate their preys, I wonder why Itachi doesn't gather some Intelligence about Naruto. He should know where Naruto is *all* the time, if he were really up to kidnap him.
Isn't there any less known members of the Akatsuki who can spy for the organization?
The Akatsuki Intelligence Agency seems somewhat worse than that of some countries I know. Why send two totally suspicious guys, who fast enough got themselves into a brawl, to do a job that ultimately should be done unconspicuously?
Back on topic, Itachi can't care less about his baby brother. Even on lvl2 Sasuke is no match for Itachi.
We know that Itachi is stronger than Oro, so why would Sasuke, with whatever Oro seal would be able to face Itachi? That seal by no means make somebody as powerful as Oro himself, in the first place.
Besides, even having a bit of hard time the Konoha *genins* are royally kicking the sound's four asses, lvl 2 notwithstanding. They now have the help of the Sand, but so far, to my knowledge, the Sand's three are still genins.

Mut
Wed, 04-28-2004, 03:09 PM
get it through your heads people, sasuke ain't coming back. at least not during this arc. if sasuke were to come back, then that would make like 50% of naruto story line absolutely pointless. all of that crap where sasuke is beaten and out-done by others, all those times when sasuke is tempted to gain more power, and many months of story building will go down the drain. you might as well have had sasuke not be introduced in such way in the first place. besides, it's time that naruto gets his shit rejected. i'm tired of seeing the good guy win so much. it's too one-sided.

Knives122
Wed, 04-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by: Yondaime
But on a side theory.....Is Sasuke going to Oro with Level 2 Seal part of a bigger plan ...maybe Sasuke is trying to get close to Oro so that he can avenge 3rd's death......well Konoha still doesn't know that Oro got himself a new body and he can use his jutsu again...so they might have planned that since Oro is weak and he wants Sasuke who is the only person who can truly get close to him and kill him....oh well thats just a whole lot of bullshit...but hey who knows.....that could be the next big plot twist.

We dont know if Oro can use jutsu again, and I thought that when he changed bodies he put his soul in that new body, and Oro's soul had its arms cut off so he couldnt use them right

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 04-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Huh, then again, if Sassy-kun doesn't come back, and the kids come back to Tsunade empty handed, it's going to be a bitch.
First Shika's mission, a failure. Two of them dead or almost dead, any of the choices is bad. Not to mention Genma and Raidou in the hospital. They should sue Sasuke.
Anyhow, a good solution would be:
Naruto beats the crap out of Sasuke but gets hurt badly. Sasuke still has some strenght left and goes for the kill. Hinata shows up and beats the crap out of Sasuke cause he is about to kill the kid she loves, and then cures Naruto (insert love scene here).
That has the advantage of being totally humiliating for Sasky level 2, get beaten by someone like Hinata.
Then, they bring Sasuke knocked out cold back to Tsunade where he go to the Intensive anti-Oro Care Unit. But, despite of all Tsunade's effords and knowledge, he escapes.
She says: What the hell, I am not risking more lives of my ninjas for this ungrateful brat.
And life goes on in Konoha...

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Now, how many months already that they'te at this fighting? I will be very frustrated if all this battling was for nothing. Not that I want to see Sasuke saved, but the kids would sure lose their faces if they didn't bring at least the corpse of him.

Mut
Wed, 04-28-2004, 04:00 PM
it's about time that they realize that missions can turn into shit and not everything goes the way they planned. it'll teach them something about being real ninjas. naruto needs to get the shit beat out of him and realize that he can't save every one.

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 04-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Naruto should just go kyubi mode and kill everyone. He can use them as a measuring stick.

Gai
Wed, 04-28-2004, 06:51 PM
I know it's unlikely, but maybe Sasuke will willingly submit to Oro taking over his body, so that Oro can kill Itachi. Hey, it would be a shortcut.

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by: Gai
I know it's unlikely, but maybe Sasuke will willingly submit to Oro taking over his body, so that Oro can kill Itachi. Hey, it would be a shortcut.

That wouldn't just be unlikely, it'd be retarded also. Sasuke should definately kick Naruto's ass and teach him a lesson, but Oro taking over his body would be stupid.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 04-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by: Gai

Oro is weaker than Itachi.
Sasuke is weaker than Itachi.
So, I doubt that even with their weakeness combined they would be any good against Itachi.
Sasuke's eyes have at least to grow one more comma, I would guess.
How long is it going to take? Let's say three years, give or take, so that would be in sync with Oro's change of body no jutsu.
Honestly, I am *not* willing to wait for that to happen. A day in the lives of these people is worth 5 months of our real folks time.
Can you imagine three years of that?
BTW, this is not the anime section, but did you people notice how Sasuke is training to become stronger on chapter 80? And then he's jealous of Naruto... oh, well.

Shin_Naruto
Thu, 04-29-2004, 01:46 AM
yeah i noticed

was a great touch

Mcdougal
Sun, 05-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Not that i want to hijack this thread or anything, but seeing as how i am unwilling to clutter up the board with pointless threads,i'll just ask my question here instead, seeing as how it is, at the very least, partly related to the subject.

Sasuke ran of to Orochimaru to get stronger so he could defeat Itachi, which has gotten him a lot of critisism, and it is widely considered that he just should have stayed and trained in Konoha. My question is, how much stronger could sasuke really get by staying in the leaf village? I mean, the only person he could get any real beneficial training from would be Kakashi, but he really isn't that strong now is he? I mean, he got his butt kicked by Itachi, and all Itachi did was to give him a dirty look, literarly. So how is sasuke expected to be able to grow strong enough in Kakashi's care? Isn't the only for Sasuke to grow strong enough to be trained by one of the legendary sennin?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by: Mcdougal
Not that i want to hijack this thread or anything, but seeing as how i am unwilling to clutter up the board with pointless threads,i'll just ask my question here instead, seeing as how it is, at the very least, partly related to the subject.

Sasuke ran of to Orochimaru to get stronger so he could defeat Itachi, which has gotten him a lot of critisism, and it is widely considered that he just should have stayed and trained in Konoha. My question is, how much stronger could sasuke really get by staying in the leaf village? I mean, the only person he could get any real beneficial training from would be Kakashi, but he really isn't that strong now is he? I mean, he got his butt kicked by Itachi, and all Itachi did was to give him a dirty look, literarly. So how is sasuke expected to be able to grow strong enough in Kakashi's care? Isn't the only for Sasuke to grow strong enough to be trained by one of the legendary sennin?

My guess is that Saska has potential to be like Itachi-nii-chan. But, even if Kakashi is, apparently, not as strong as Itachi, one has first learn to walk before how to rollerskate, and it doesn't seem to me that Sasky-kun knows the basics, yet. There's lot's of things he still could learn with Kakashi, among then, be less of the little ass he is.
Even so, Itachi is not invencible. And there must be thousands of other ways to defeat him other than through direct confrontation.
Shikamaru wins his battles with intelligence, so if little Sassy-kun could figure out how to kill Itachi in his sleep, he'd manage to get what he want.
But, if his goal is to get attention from his brother, or prove that he's stronger than his brother or whatever thing not directly related with killing his brother but that uses killing his brother as an excuse, he will be screwed. Why not get Naruto to kill Itachi? If Naruto wins, great. If Naruto dies in the process, better, he gets rid of Naruto and he himself lives to try another day.
Kakashi also may be pissed enough to be willing to kill Itachi, but Oro for example, is smart enough to know that he can't kill Itachi, so, why ask help from somebody who will never be up to it?
I am assuming that Sasky has a lot of money, since the whole Uchiha estate belongs to him and Itachi, and his bro doesn't seem to be willing to claim it. So, why not bribe Fishface into kill Itachi?
The Sharkey one once killed a feudal lord, maybe he had political ambitions, and money is a must to accomplish your political ambitions.
So, IMO, Sassy-kun has tons of choices to accomplish his dark goal. Why insist in taken the most difficult and stupid path? I mean, doesn't he get that an Itachi dirty look is enough to screw him for a considerable amount of time? Why insist in direct confrontation? My assumption is, Saska is stupid and his male pride doesn't help any. Well, is there a relation between stupidity and male pride? Well, I think I better leave that particular question open...

MemnochTheCaT
Sun, 05-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Given Kishimoto's writing style, and his propensity for interrupting fights that are in progress, I make this prediction :

Naruto catches up with Sasuke, short conversation, Sasuke refuses to come back, Naruto decides to fight him .. Sasuke goes LvL2, Naruto gets Kyuubified, and then Oro shows up .. and Naruto is defeated/forced to withdraw.

I'd rather see Itachi show up, but it will probably be Oro (possibly Kabuto) .. but whoever does it, you can count on the fight being interrupted prematurely. I think that Kyuubi Naruto > Curse Seal 2 Sasuke, because the curse seal seems like trash, the rest of the Sound sucked both with it and without it .. and Sasuke was pretty weak even with CS1. I don't think CS2 will do much for him other than make him fugly i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mcdougal
Sun, 05-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama

My guess is that Saska has potential to be like Itachi-nii-chan. But, even if Kakashi is, apparently, not as strong as Itachi, one has first learn to walk before how to rollerskate, and it doesn't seem to me that Sasky-kun knows the basics, yet. There's lot's of things he still could learn with Kakashi, among then, be less of the little ass he is.
Even so, Itachi is not invencible. And there must be thousands of other ways to defeat him other than through direct confrontation.
Shikamaru wins his battles with intelligence, so if little Sassy-kun could figure out how to kill Itachi in his sleep, he'd manage to get what he want.
But, if his goal is to get attention from his brother, or prove that he's stronger than his brother or whatever thing not directly related with killing his brother but that uses killing his brother as an excuse, he will be screwed. Why not get Naruto to kill Itachi? If Naruto wins, great. If Naruto dies in the process, better, he gets rid of Naruto and he himself lives to try another day.
Kakashi also may be pissed enough to be willing to kill Itachi, but Oro for example, is smart enough to know that he can't kill Itachi, so, why ask help from somebody who will never be up to it?
I am assuming that Sasky has a lot of money, since the whole Uchiha estate belongs to him and Itachi, and his bro doesn't seem to be willing to claim it. So, why not bribe Fishface into kill Itachi?
The Sharkey one once killed a feudal lord, maybe he had political ambitions, and money is a must to accomplish your political ambitions.
So, IMO, Sassy-kun has tons of choices to accomplish his dark goal. Why insist in taken the most difficult and stupid path? I mean, doesn't he get that an Itachi dirty look is enough to screw him for a considerable amount of time? Why insist in direct confrontation? My assumption is, Saska is stupid and his male pride doesn't help any. Well, is there a relation between stupidity and male pride? Well, I think I better leave that particular question open...

You are grossly simplifying the situation.
First of all, im not quite sure on what you mean with Sasu not knowing the basics, mind elaborating?

Second, the only, and i repeat, ONLY benefit he would have with chosing Kakashi over Oro would be that he could get some training with the Sharingan. That's pretty much it. Anything else Oro could probably teach him better, seeing how he IS one of the legendary sennin.

third, do you really, honestyl believe someone could actually KILL Itachi in his sleep? The man was head of an ANBU- squad at the age of 13! His current age is only 17 and yet he still scares the crap out of Oro, and he totally outclassed kakashi without even breaking a sweat, and you're telling me killing him is as simple as slitting his throat in his sleep? Come on. Since members of his organisation always move in pairs, we can assume that at least one of them always stays awake looking for trouble, and i think we can conclude that itachi is, at the very least, a light sleeper.
And getting someone else to kill Itachi is out of the question, he wants to kill him himself, mano y mano, sharingan to sharingan. Killing Itachi isn't enough, HE has to be the one to do it. Think about it, if some punk where to rape your girlfriend, what would be most satisfying, you hiring someone to kill him or you beating him to death with a baseball bat? No, even if there are a thousand ways to kill Itachi, Sasuke wants only one, and that is defeating him in a 1vs1 fight. And the only way to do that is to get equally o prefferbly more strong than his brother.
And besides, even if we assume that he has money, who is he going to hire who is capable of dealing with Itachi? Someone within the Akatsuki organisation? I think not, he hardly knows it exists, and even if he did, i sincerly doubt anyone within the organisation would want to take Iatchi down, even if they could, seeing as how money shouldn't be an issue for people so strong, and how Itachi is a valuable asset to them. So, who's left?

And lastly, people seem to forget that that very few people know about A)Oros disability, and B), that Itachi is stronger than Oro. What Sasuke DOES know, is that Oro was strong enough to take down the strongest of Kages, and is his best shot at gaining the greatest amount of power within the shortest amount of time.

So once again, i see Sasuke-kun's having only two viable option are to A) Stay with Kakashi, who we all know for a fact is weaker than Itachi, or B), go with the man who defeated the strongest Ninja in Konoha.

Unless there's something i've overlooked?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 05-09-2004, 03:31 PM

First of all, im not quite sure on what you mean with Sasu not knowing the basics, mind elaborating?
<*snipped to save some space*>
Secoknow for a fact is weaker than Itachi, or B), go with the man who defeated the strongest Ninja in Konoha.

As for the basics. Saska has only two commas in his eyes. One can guess that, eventually, he will grow another one, like Kakashi and Itachi. It's also very likely, that a third comma will make him stronger. So,
the first basic IMO, is to learn how to wait.
Another thing would be how to use the Chidori more than twice a day. It's not said what's Kakashi's limit, but I also would guess that it's possible to fire more than two chidoris a day, and therefore, that would make him stronger. And that would require training. So another thing that he'd need to learn is to value training and do it.
Yes, I do believe somebody can kill Itachi in his sleep. Here's why. Even though the Kazekage wasn't exactly as strong as Itachi, he was a Kaze. Somebody you supposedly don't want to mess with. Nonetheless, Oro was able to kill him. The 3rd was *the* strongest Kage aroung, and met the same fate.
My theory is that such deeds demand lots of strategy. And the only way to elaborate a good strategy is to gather enough intelligence in which to base your strategy. Roman Emperors, in their time, were said to be the strongest men in the world. Yet, killing one of them never appeared to me as an incredible difficult task to accomplish. Still would be worth to kill Itachi and end up crippled as Oro? Now, that's a good question
I'd give the same advice to Itachi in relation to Naruto. One has to know where one's targeted victim is 24/7. And since Saska is obsessed with his brother, I don't think it would be such an unpleasant task. A predator that wants to survive, knows with extreme detail the habits of its prey. Where it goes to rest, where it eats, what kind of food it eats what are its watering holes. In short, it's impossible that Itachi doesn't have a weak spot. All Sassy-kun has to do is to find it out. And it's my opinion, that it would be a better investment of time for Sasuke to gather such information, than stay at home sulken or go after somebody like Oro.
I am also assuming that, after the invasion of Konoha, Saska knows that Oro is a worthless bastard. But, on the other hand, as a spoiled child, he probably doesn't know that there's no free lunch, I mean, like a scumbag like Oro will give him power for free. If he thinks that way, he is just stupid.
He could figure out what are Itachi's psychological weaknesses, which should be many, considering. And use a tatic similar to that one Neji was trying to pull on Hinata. Since Itachi, unlike Hinata, has no character, the appropriate use of emotional blackmail could have interesting results. There must be some Uchiha family history records. Why Saska doesn't study it to try to figure Itachi better?
Have you heard of a guy called Simon Wiesental? Saska could learn a lot with him.
As for the need to kill Itachi with his own hands, I have again to say, and I hope you forgive me, that I consider it just plain stupid. First, to use your example, would my gf be less raped if I killed the bastard who raped her? I consider a better investment of time being at her side and be of emotional support to her. For starters, if I don't know where the son of a bitch is, I won't be able to kill him no matter how much effort I put into it. And laws being as they are, *I* would spend years in jail on account of a jackass. Remember that mother who shot the guy who molested her kid? Life is not freaking fair.
But, if you *really* need to take revenge, that shouldn't by any means, be done based on hastly decisions and much less in unthought actions.
There's a play, I think by Ibsen, where this woman comes back to her old town, after many years. People don't even recognize her. She is rich now, and starts being nice to everyone, giving them money and such, up to the point where she is able to screw all of them, which she does, as revenge for whatever bad thing they've done to her in the past. All that to say, she took her freaking time and managed to accomplish her revenge in an extremelly effective way.
Personally, I think though:
a. revenge is stupid, as much as I personally would seek revenge against a few people, it doesn't make it less stupid.
b. revenge plus male pride is even more stupid
c. they shouldn't have let Saska become a ninja in the first place, knowing that he'd use what power he would get to kill his brother, and that has nothing to do with the ninja goals as stated by Enma, for one. Naruto was starting to change him. But obviously, Sasuke is not interested in being a better person.
d. again, he really should be trying to rebuild his clan. All in all, dozens of Uchihas have more chance than one against Itachi. Considering that the new ones, unlike the originals , would know how dangerous the bastard actually is.
f. if he knew how to wait, he'd eventually kill Itachi after getting strong by his own means and planning his revenge in a cold and calculated fashion.
g. People think Itachi is strong. But what comes to my mind is that scene on Indiana Jones, where that guy, who is so good with a sword, gets killed with a shot. Haku was great with his ice rink tricks, until he met Naruto. It's again a matter of figuring out first what will kill Itachi, *before* actually trying to kill him.
h. Kakashi is a decent person. And that's what makes a person strong. That, as a matter of fact should be the only argument in this debate. No matter how people can screw you, if you keep your decency, you will always be stronger than them. Sounds preachy and crap, but it's true. It's called integrity. You are what you are, and if you stand by what you are, nobody will ever destroy you.
But if I said just that, you again would call my opinion simplistic. Well, not that I actually care. I just like to write i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 05-09-2004, 03:40 PM

<*snipped to save some space*>
Secoknow for a fact is weaker than Itachi, or B), go with the man who defeated the strongest Ninja in Konoha.

As for the basics. Saska has only two commas in his eyes. One can guess that, eventually, he will grow another one, like Kakashi and Itachi. It's also very likely, that a third comma will make him stronger. So,
Another thing would be how to use the Chidori more than twice a day. It's not said what's Kakashi's limit, but I also would guess that it's possible to fire more than two chidoris a day, and therefore, that would make him stronger. And that would require training. So another thing that he'd need to learn is to value training and do it.
Yes, I do believe somebody can kill Itachi in his sleep. Here's why. Even though the Kazekage wasn't exactly as strong as Itachi, he was a Kaze. Somebody you supposedly don't want to mess with. Nonetheless, Oro was able to kill him. The 3rd was *the* strongest Kage aroung, and met the same fate.
My theory is that such deeds demand lots of strategy. And the only way to elaborate a good strategy is to gather enough intelligence in which to base your strategy. Roman Emperors, in their time, were said to be the strongest men in the world. Yet, killing one of them never appeared to me as an incredible difficult task to accomplish. Still would be worth to kill Itachi and end up crippled as Oro? Now, that's a good question
I'd give the same advice to Itachi in relation to Naruto. One has to know where one's targeted victim is 24/7. And since Saska is obsessed with his brother, I don't think it would be such an unpleasant task. A predator that wants to survive, knows with extreme detail the habits of its prey. Where it goes to rest, where it eats, what kind of food it eats what are its watering holes. In short, it's impossible that Itachi doesn't have a weak spot. All Sassy-kun has to do is to find it out. And it's my opinion, that it would be a better investment of time for Sasuke to gather such information, than stay at home sulken or go after somebody like Oro.
I am also assuming that, after the invasion of Konoha, Saska knows that Oro is a worthless bastard. But, on the other hand, as a spoiled child, he probably doesn't know that there's no free lunch, I mean, like a scumbag like Oro will give him power for free. If he thinks that way, he is just stupid.
He could figure out what are Itachi's psychological weaknesses, which should be many, considering. And use a tatic similar to that one Neji was trying to pull on Hinata. Since Itachi, unlike Hinata, has no character, the appropriate use of emotional blackmail could have interesting results. There must be some Uchiha family history records. Why Saska doesn't study it to try to figure Itachi better?
Have you heard of a guy called Simon Wiesental? Saska could learn a lot with him.
As for the need to kill Itachi with his own hands, I have again to say, and I hope you forgive me, that I consider it just plain stupid. First, to use your example, would my gf be less raped if I killed the bastard who raped her? I consider a better investment of time being at her side and be of emotional support to her. For starters, if I don't know where the son of a bitch is, I won't be able to kill him no matter how much effort I put into it. And laws being as they are, *I* would spend years in jail on account of a jackass. Remember that mother who shot the guy who molested her kid? Life is not freaking fair.
But, if you *really* need to take revenge, that shouldn't by any means, be done based on hastly decisions and much less in unthought actions.
There's a play, I think by Ibsen, where this woman comes back to her old town, after many years. People don't even recognize her. She is rich now, and starts being nice to everyone, giving them money and such, up to the point where she is able to screw all of them, which she does, as revenge for whatever bad thing they've done to her in the past. All that to say, she took her freaking time and managed to accomplish her revenge in an extremelly effective way.
a. revenge is stupid, as much as I personally would seek revenge against a few people, it doesn't make it less stupid.
c. they shouldn't have let Saska become a ninja in the first place, knowing that he'd use what power he would get to kill his brother, and that has nothing to do with the ninja goals as stated by Enma, for one. Naruto was starting to change him. But obviously, Sasuke is not interested in being a better person.
d. again, he really should be trying to rebuild his clan. All in all, dozens of Uchihas have more chance than one against Itachi. Considering that the new ones, unlike the originals , would know how dangerous the bastard actually is.
f. if he knew how to wait, he'd eventually kill Itachi after getting strong by his own means and planning his revenge in a cold and calculated fashion.
g. People think Itachi is strong. But what comes to my mind is that scene on Indiana Jones, where that guy, who is so good with a sword, gets killed with a shot. Haku was great with his ice rink tricks, until he met Naruto. It's again a matter of figuring out first what will kill Itachi, *before* actually trying to kill him. It's kinda like what you can say about a computer. Until it stopped it was working perfectly.
. Kakashi is a decent person. And that's what makes a person strong. That, as a matter of fact should be the only argument in this debate. No matter how people can screw you, if you keep your decency, you will always be stronger than them. Sounds preachy and crap, but it's true. It's called integrity. You are what you are, and if you stand by what you are, nobody will ever destroy you.
But if I said just that, you again would call my opinion simplistic. Well, not that I actually care. I just like to write i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Wren
Sun, 05-09-2004, 03:48 PM
my guess is that either A) sasuke fights naruto and gets his ass rocked, then someone like Kabuto steps in and drops Naruto causin him to fail bla bla bla B) sasuke beats naruto (of which i dont want to happen, but seein the situation it is quite likely) C) before naruto even *sees* sasuke someone like Kabuto rocks him ending that problem, but the end result is i dont thik that Naruto can bring back sasuke for storyline purposes, and it really would make a lot just quite a waste as how can A) sasuke advance even if they get him back? do you even think they would immediately do anythign with him even if he is the sharingan successor? he just went traitor to the leaves-----if i were them even if they brought him back (apology and all) his ass would rot in a jail cell until he had a beard. and no itachi isnt ultimate---yes hes pretty freakin damn strong and stronger than basically anyone we have seen as of now (save for perhaps jiraiya, and others of that sort that are a good coutner for sharingan, or the Hyuuga head) and sasuke is quite behind in catchin up to his brother. when itachi was sasuke's age he was basically the head of ANBU teams---sasuke is still not only a genin, but might be at best chuunin level in the moves category---from what ive seen i think ANBU is probably LOWEST upper chuunin level, to the jounin ranks (most likely all of them id think), so just think bout that. Sasuke would NEED something like a boost from a curse seal or some shit to catch up cuz hes nowhere near close and at this rate i think itachi will still be leagues above him. ill stop my rambling tangent with this---- sasuke most likely aint comin back and the series will probably time jump (everythign is basically set for this save for sasuke leaving to grow---i mean really even Lee's problem has been solved, Gaara is a friend of leafs, and Shika/Temari thing is goin as i guessed a while ago also) most pressin problems have been already solved and there isnt much left goin for this tangent---it might jump to where the genins are now chuunins, perhaps one or two being jounin. but most things have realy come to a close and there isnt much left to do unless kishimoto pulls somethin else out of his ass, but doubtful that he will

Mut
Sun, 05-09-2004, 05:43 PM
holy crap there is a lot of stuff i'm not going to read.

of course there is a way back for sasuke. waaay after he turns to the dark side (orochimaru's side), sasuke will finally be able to beat itachi and right before sasuke kills itachi, naruto and co (for whatever reason, i think sakura will be there (how stupid)) will some how convince him that revenge won't solve anything. so sasuke just leaves but itachi tries to pull some crazy shit but sasuke kills him to save everyone. blah blah. naruto some how convinces tsunade to let sasuke become a good konoha ninja again and story ends. trust me, it'll happen.

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Sasuke will be back in Konoha, just not during this arc, or it would be a complete waste. I'm hoping he defeats Naruto one on one and then continues on his way, but the fight will probably be interrupted. Some of you people like writing a little too much.

Knives122
Sun, 05-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Naruto will lose, theres no getting around that, but all i know is that the fight will probably make them use their best jutsus, so we might get to see Narutos Uzumaki Naruto 2000 punch combo again, and Sasuke's....well he doesnt have any cool moves i guess except for Chidori but we've already seen that like 20 times

Everon
Sun, 05-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Well whatever the result of this upcoming battle, i believe that Naruto will not kill Sasuke and bring his lifeless body back (its an interesting way of seeing Naruto's promise to Sakura, but thats not in Naruto personality). Undoubtably Naruto will fight Sasuke, because Sasuke is gonna try to use Naruto as a measuring stick again. That narrows it down to A. Orochimaru gets Sasuke, B. Naruto gets Sasuke.

Now if (A) is going to happen, Naruto must lose to Sasuke - be knocked unconsious, cause Naruto is not the type to stop from a couple hundred-thousand wounds.

If (B) is going to happen, there has to be an non-fight section where Naruto explains to Sasuke about his opinion on life (its most likely along the lines of "isn't there something more important than revenge? Don't you have someone to protect/ is precious to you?") Whether Naruto or Sasuke wins is unimportant to choice B, in my opinion.

MemnochTheCaT
Sun, 05-09-2004, 08:37 PM
I think the fight will get interrupted by (insert possibility here .. Itachi/Oro/Kabuto/etc) .. and then Naruto is left empty-handed .. I just don't see CS2 Sasuke being much more effective than CS1 Sasuke, who was already totally outclassed by Naruto. Not only that, but Naruto *promised* to bring Sasuke back, which means that he will fight until he is absolutely destroyed if necessary .. unless someone MUCH more powerful (Oro/Itachi) .. just pops along and knocks him out like a sack of potatoes.

I'd bet ca$h money that the fight will be interrupted by SOMEbody .. it's just Kishimoto's style to have people constantly popping in .. very few times has a fight just been a 1v1 from start to finish in this series.

Knives122
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:38 PM
it will get very annoying if he keeps doing that, I thinks nows a perfect time to stop

Mut
Sun, 05-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
I think the fight will get interrupted by (insert possibility here .. Itachi/Oro/Kabuto/etc) .. and then Naruto is left empty-handed .. I just don't see CS2 Sasuke being much more effective than CS1 Sasuke, who was already totally outclassed by Naruto. Not only that, but Naruto *promised* to bring Sasuke back, which means that he will fight until he is absolutely destroyed if necessary .. unless someone MUCH more powerful (Oro/Itachi) .. just pops along and knocks him out like a sack of potatoes.

I'd bet ca$h money that the fight will be interrupted by SOMEbody .. it's just Kishimoto's style to have people constantly popping in .. very few times has a fight just been a 1v1 from start to finish in this series.

i agree... but i think sasuek at lvl 2 can whoop naruto.

Nosferatu
Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:08 PM

It's said that Kakashi is able to fire his Chidori Four times a day, and even after that he needs rest.

Just a Random Fact. All I know is that I'm ready for the story-arc to end. Hopefully in some cool way.

Wren
Sun, 05-09-2004, 11:36 PM
i just want this ark to end; kimimaro i want to see pushin daisy's, sasuke to get his ass out of konoha, and just Naruto to whup sasuke's ass before he leaves heheh (although its probably gonna go the other way for storyline purposes), but we shall c

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 05-10-2004, 06:17 AM
Well, in the end the most logical thing to happen would be:
Sasuke will run away...again.
I'd be happy with that and with the story moving on to other more intersting places. I mean, bring back Nii-chan, even. At least we'd have that hunk of a fish again...
After Kobain shot himself, teenager angst is kinda out...

Mcdougal
Mon, 05-10-2004, 03:40 PM

g. People think Itachi is strong. But what comes to my mind is that scene on Indiana Jones, where that guy, who is so good with a sword, gets killed with a shot. Haku was great with his ice rink tricks, until he met Naruto. It's again a matter of figuring out first what will kill Itachi, *before* actually trying to kill him.
h. Kakashi is a decent person. And that's what makes a person strong. That, as a matter of fact should be the only argument in this debate. No matter how people can screw you, if you keep your decency, you will always be stronger than them. Sounds preachy and crap, but it's true. It's called integrity. You are what you are, and if you stand by what you are, nobody will ever destroy you.

I dont think kakashi grew that third dot, i think he got the sharingan fully upgraded from the get go. Now, this is pure speculation, but we know that he had a friend in his Anbu days that got killed. A sentence in the anime makes me think that his friend was a sharingan user, and that Kakashi got the eye from him when his pal died. So, that would limit Kakashis knowledge about the sharingan. We don't know what makes the eye evolve, and i wouldn't be surprised if Kakashi didn't know either. If we can assume that it does come with strength or age or both, then Sasuke is going to get it either way, so why hang around Kakashi?

Second, the number of times Sasuke can actually use the Chidori is tied directly to the amount of chakra he has. Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but a persons chakra stamina is pretty much inherited, isn't it? It's something you're born with. If you are born with a small chakra stamina then there's nothing you can do about it, right? Now, maybe there are excercises that can increase your stamina a little and to control how you use it , which helps to get as much as possible out of the chakra that you have, but basicly, the amount of chakra isn't something you can just train up. Know seeing as how Sasuke is still just a kid, we can safely assume his chakra stamina will increase with age until he is fully grown, but once again, that will happen either way, so why stick around with kakashi?

Third, Oro prepared for his fight against the third, but he still had to pay a heavy price for it. Which goes to show that perparation doesn't always help, particularly not against competent opponents. Same thing happened with Zabusa. He came prepared and still got his butt kicked. And also worhty of note is that both he and orochimaru chose the direct approach instead of just stabbing Sarutobi/kakashi in their sleep or something. Hell, Zabusa could have just killed the bridge engineer in his sleep and be done with the whole thing, but he still prefered the direct approach. It would seem that alot of people prefer the direct confrontation instead of stealth, not just Sasuke. Are you implying that they are morons as well?

And tracking Itachi isn't the easiest thing in the world, As previoulsy mentioned, the man made it to anbu at the age of 13, and has been hunted as an S-class for 4 years, the man doesn't make many misstakes. He knows how to cover his tracks and not give any opponents any openings. Not forgetting his Sharingan which he never seems to turn of, which makes it nigh impossable to stalk him.
Itachi probably does have a chink in his armor, but i don't think Sasuke is good enough to exploit it. Hell, i sincerly doubt Kakashi is good enough to exploit it, or any of the jounins for that matter. I simply think that he's that good. Otherwise i don't think they would have let him into their top secret organistion. And as for blackmail...well, i'll just say that Itachi doesn't seem to be the type to be easlily manipulated or concerned with such stuff. I mean, he killed of his entire clan to use them as a mesuaring stick, i don't see how it could possibly get any worse than that. And what could the Uchiha records possibly say that would make Itachi take notice? I don't see how studing records (if there are any) would help him figure out his brother, and that's provided that he hasn't read them already. I could bet my right eye that if there where any records that Sasuke has already read them several times.

Ánd as for him starting to spreading his seeds around...The kid is till 13....A little young to be a father, don't ya think? And further more, who'se to say that Itachi woulnd't just come back and kill the little ones? No, this one is definatly out of the question for at least another decade (Anime time)
The way i see it, to be able to properly exploit any weakneses that Itachi may have, you have to be really strong yourself. Apperently, Taijutsu is a weakness, but you'd have to be higher than Gai's level to be able to beat him there.
Kakashi being strong because he is decent, well that depends upon your definition of strong i suppose.
And to quote the poster Hunter from another forum

"Sasuke's progress are gigantic since the beginning of the series.
But that's not what he sees, he only sees that Naruto who was the worst kid at the academy is now stronger than him, far stronger than him for what he saw during the fight with Gaara.

And he doesn't know for the Kyubi so the only thing that he wonders is : What the hell did I do until now?
And what did Itachi, the stronger man he knows, his absolute goal, the reason of his life said about that?
Not enough hateful-ness.
What did Gaara, the man that Sasuke couldn't beat said?
You're too weak because your hatred is weaker than mine.
What did the four Sounds that beat him said?
Once again the same thing, that he was weak because he lives softly, playing family in this nice village."

A very interesting point, wouldn't you agree? So far, the only people to beat him (besides Haku and Zabusa) all say the same thing. You're to soft. I hardly blame him for believing them. And let's not forget that Sasuke just woke up from a Itachi induced coma, no wonder his judgement is a bit clouded.

Points a-c are, if you don't mind me saying so, pretty much your own opinions, and really don't have any bearing on the argument. Not that i'm demoting your opinions , just saying that they are not related to the argument at hand. point d and g i already tackled, point F however, is a very valid one, but just doesn't seem to be too common in the Naruto world. Probably because it would make for a very boring world if everyone just killed people in their sleep, but anyway.
As for point H, your definition, although admirable, still didn't help either Haku, Sarutobi or Kakashi when they needid it, now did it? One could make the argument that Sarutobis spirit and will remains, but the fact is that Oro was stronger than him, and thus won. Ipso facto. Hardly calling your opinion simplistic. Admiriable, maybe, simplistic no. But i still believe that you are making the situation seem more easily managable than it is, however. Or maybe it's just me whose overcomplicating things.

Anyway, the way i see it,going to Oro would just give Sasuke everything he could have gotten with Kakashi and then some. The only drawback would be that he would be abondoning his friends, which just seemed to be holding him back anyway.

Mcdougal
Mon, 05-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Editet due to double post

Mut
Mon, 05-10-2004, 05:05 PM
mcdougal rules. you're the winner here!

Knives122
Tue, 05-11-2004, 02:48 PM
almost couldnt read it all, but good points

Mcdougal
Tue, 05-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Thanks. Sorry for the double post, the internet was acting up. I'd delete it, if i only knew how.

Shin_Naruto
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
mcdougal rules. you're the winner here!

but he only has 11 posts... how could he be right?!

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Gods_Son
Wed, 05-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Mcdougal, you can just edit one of the posts out so you don't have a double post of that incredibly long message. Shin_Naruto, stop acting like an idiot.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:51 AM
i wouldn't be surprised if shin_naruto was still in middle school... and according to his logic, he'd never be correct about anything with his 27 posts. since it's pointless, from now on, he should just stop posting any of his ideas, thoughts, arguments, or any other types of responses. period.

Shin_Naruto
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Sorry thats your logic.
My logic is that with his 11 posts he can still make great points, whereas you with your 1715 you come up with great one liners... like 'i agree... but i think sasuek at lvl 2 can whoop naruto.'

I'm out of school... but glad to see the 'middle school' cutdown is still in style for you. I take it your in highschool?

KonohamaruCorps: I try to drop things... but sometimes opportunities just present themselves.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by: Shin_Naruto
Sorry thats your logic.
My logic is that with his 11 posts he can still make great points, whereas you with your 1715 you come up with great one liners... like 'i agree... but i think sasuek at lvl 2 can whoop naruto.'

I'm out of school... but glad to see the 'middle school' cutdown is still in style for you. I take it your in highschool?

KonohamaruCorps: I try to drop things... but sometimes opportunities just present themselves.

omg...!!! no matter what i do, i always have newbs chasing after me trying to prove me wrong or make me look stupid in one way or another. WHY??? look, ass, i never said my post count has anything to do with being correct. so just drop that and stop making yourself look like an idiot. all i said was that what we (people who have been here since the begining and with more posts (which obviously means that they've been in more discussions)) have more knowledge about certain areas because we've been in more discussions than you have. therefor, making our responses more credible. how the hell do you think we came up with such thoughts about itachi? you think we pull them out of our ass and the 600+ posts don't mean anything in that thread? you're just a dumbass who can't understand what the hell i am talking about because you purposely not try to see the significance of my posts because you can't even fathom the idea that people who have been here longer know more than you do.

and i'm out of hs if you really want to know.

EDIT: i know what you're saying. yeah i'm a bit brash sometimes but it's just annoying when all these newbs try to take away the credibility of our thoughts and ideas after we've been discussing them for so long.

Stoopider
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:50 PM
I think it's also to do with your brash english that people take you on (I'm not relating to the Shin_Naruto reply, you are somtimes.. a meanie Dazz *Sniff*). But, everything else, your right.

But you do make a point that people with more posts are more credible. People who makes unitelligeble remarks usually gets flamed, and soon leave the forum. Heheh. Unless their that thickheaded.

However low amount of posts doesn't mean his necesserily a dumbie either.

But.. Free Speech! Free Speech!

Sitting on the fence . Tum de tum.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 05-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
[omg...!!! no matter what i do, i always have newbs chasing after me trying to prove me wrong or make me look stupid in one way or another. .

You're right, you're always right. But, do you mind go prove yourself right somewhere else?
There are plenty of threads where you can talk about how right and smart you are. In this thread, we're trying to understand a character Uchiha Sasuke and discuss his actions.
Yeah, I know we're a bunch of wrong and stupid people, so why not go to a place with people at your level?
Again, I will ask you to talk about Uchiha Sasuke. If you really feel that you haven't talked enough about yourself in the thousand and something posts you have and feel that you need to talk yet more about yourself, don't do it on a thread about Sasuke. Thanks.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:09 PM
UGH. n-a-s... seriously... shut. the. hell. up. i don't know what your problem is with me. but don't jump on this occasion as an opportunity to turn me into the bad guy cuz i broke a rule. never have i EVER said that others were always wrong, so i don't know what the hell you are talking about. look at the page. everything was going perfectly fine until shin_naruto decided to act like a smartass and all i did was defend myself. if you're gonna try to be the peace maker here, don't tell me shit. tell it to ass clown who thought he was being funny by making an irrelevant post in the first place. got it? THANKS.

PSJ
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:22 PM
first i have to say that i didnt bother to read through all of this since im lazy but i dont think sasuke will come back to konoha its certainly not interesting if he does. i would like him and naruto to have an awesome battle of course after learning some more jutsus since their jutsu "library" is very small, sasuke only got fire jutsus and chidori and naruto knows summoning, kage bunshin and rasengan. would be a boring fight actually. the ultimate twist would be if itachi turns out to be a good guy and orochimaru was the one that killed the uchihas and itachi only found them. which shows that sasuke chased the wrong guy and went right in the arms of the guy that killed his family. i would love to see that.

Mut
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
first i have to say that i didnt bother to read through all of this since im lazy but i dont think sasuke will come back to konoha its certainly not interesting if he does. i would like him and naruto to have an awesome battle of course after learning some more jutsus since their jutsu "library" is very small, sasuke only got fire jutsus and chidori and naruto knows summoning, kage bunshin and rasengan. would be a boring fight actually. the ultimate twist would be if itachi turns out to be a good guy and orochimaru was the one that killed the uchihas and itachi only found them. which shows that sasuke chased the wrong guy and went right in the arms of the guy that killed his family. i would love to see that.

but like... if itachi was a good guy, wouldn't he be after orochimaru then? i mean, that's what good guys do... if that were the case, i'd figure that itachi and sasuke would team up to chase after orochimaru.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 05-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Pervet - i wrote a similiar theory (Itachi's good, Sasuke's an ass) in the Itachi thread, page 4, check it out.

perhaps it's really Kabuto who's pulling the threads behined the stage in this case, maybe he has some sort of 'I hate the world' complex, and he likes seeing people getting emotinally crushed, so he went and did something like this:

A. hire some elite ninjas to kill the Uchiha clan, and then tells Itachi that they are attacking the clan under the order of Orochimaru.
B. itachi rushes home, kills the ninjas, and then uses the Mengekyou sharingan on Sasuke to get him to believe that he should go after him (and not Orochimaru, see the thoery).
C. Itachi leaves to find Orochimaru, he joins akatsuki to kill him, but when they "sparring" the Kimimaru walks in and sees them, Itachi realizes that he won't be able to defeat both Oro and Kimi, so he stops the fight (and says that it for training for the day), Orochimaru realizes that Itachi is stronger than him, and decides to go after the sharingan, to be able to fight back (Orochimaru doesn't know that Itachi isn't the one to kill the clan).

D. Kabuto is a sick bastered, Itachi & Sasuke are both after the wrong person (orochiaru & Itachi), and Orochimaru is just being clueless...

wow, this is startting to seem like Monster...

Gods_Son
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Orochimaru probably didn't have much to do with killing the Uchiha, he's probably not powerful enough. Itachi probably also would've just killed him, and they wouldn't have been able to be in Akatsuki together. Someone else killing the Uchiha and Itachi coming at the end and seeing it could make sense. Then Itachi told Sasuke to seek power and revenge so he could become stronger and be the one to avenge the Uchiha, since Itachi already knew his max potential wasn't as great as Sasuke's and wouldn't be enough to defeat the person. It's hard to come up with a decent theory that goes against what's already been said (Itachi killed the Uchiha), with only the few clues about the clan massacre. We'll probably see the truth when Sasuke becomes a more worthy opponent and faces Itachi again.

Mcdougal
Sat, 05-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Come on people.. No one else besides Neji-aniki-sama that's going to give me any answers?

Everywhere i look at these boards i see people spitting bile at Sasuke with the reason that he betrayed the leaf, saying he could stay with the leaf and train. But from where i stand, the fastest (and probably only) way for Sasuke to gain enough strenght to take down Itachi is by going to Orochimaru. So unless you guys can prove me wrong, i'm just going to assume that im right.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-15-2004, 07:18 PM
There is no such thing as free meals.

Doesn't Sasuke ever wonder why Orochimaru is after him? doesn't he think that he'll be forced to do somethings which aren't for his best intrest? Sasuke is going to join Oro, while he doesn't know jacksquat on him, heck, he doesn't even know that Orochimaru was behined that attack against the leaf (now that i'm thinking of it, Sasuke doesn't know alot of stuff, and he's still being a complete idiot) does he honestly believe that Orochimaru will just let him go start up a family after the whole buisness is done?

on top of that, Sasuke has an obligation to recreate the Uchiha clan, more than avenging, rebuilding the clan is the final goal, one of the reasons Sasuke was told to run and cling to life was so that he could make more Uchihas and reproduce his idiotic genes... what good will he get if he Kills Itachi and dies at the same time?

and just one last thing, what power is Sasuke seeking? the power of the curse seal? which did abasaloutly nothing against Itachi, and even the lvl2 seal is getting whacked off by idiots such as Kiba and Neji? the sound village is pretty incompatent, I think...

Basically, while Sasuke was soundly dream-angsting about his family (about a month lengh, from the Itachi incedent to the day tsunde returend), he lost a good portion of his mind, too bad he had to woke up now, and not in, lets say, five more months...

Sure, I know that all of the above mean nothing to Sasuke, and I'm aware to the fact there are alot of uknown factors that Sasuke doesn't know about, and that he has his (good) reasonnings to do so. But still, i feel a need to:
a. go to sleep.
b. proove people wrong (this case: Mcdougal).

well, that's the cue for me to leave to bed, cya tommorow (actually, i'm supposed to study tommorow, but i won't be able to stop myself from peeking at the forum).

Mcdougal
Sun, 05-16-2004, 04:58 AM
Sasukes state of mind wasn't exactly the ideal one for analysing sitiuations, if you get my meaning. First he gets mentally tortured by his brother for the equivalent of tree days, then he finds out that the biggest moron in Konoha suddenly got stronger than him and then he gets his ass kicked by 4 sound ninjas. That's bound to cloud up your judgement a little.

He knew the price of the cursed seal, he knew Oro wanted him as a slave, this was explicitly stated to him from the 4 sound ninjas.. He just didn't care. Wether this is because of him being so arrogant that he thinks he can just break free later on or if he just doesn't care i do not know. And the reason he doesn't know anything is that noone ever bothers to tell him anything. If people had bothered to tell Sasuke that Oro wants him for his bodies sake, i think that sasuke might have had a change of heart.
And his ambitions to recreate the clan went out the window the moment he saw Itachi again. The only thing he cares about now is scewering itachi and piss on the remains. And besides, he can't recreate it with Itachi still around, os he has to take him out first. And in order to do it as quick as possible, so he can produce as many offspring as possible, Oro was the best choice. Provided Sasuke gets out of this mess, that is. Which he probably will. Of course, i'm not saying that's how he was thinking, but still, a point to consider.

As for the curse seal, yes, the ninjas from the sound village are pretty incompetent, that however doesn't belittle the effectiveness of the curse seal. The only thing the seal does is to give the user tons and tons of Chakra. Now if they are too dumb to be using it effectivlyso be it, but that doesn't mean that the seal is useless. In the hands of a competent individual (i.e Sasuke) the seal could be extremely useful.

And you still didn't answer the original question. What other options did Sasuke have that would yield a better result than him running of to Oro?

Eagerly anticipating you proving me wrong.

And good luck with your studying

Mut
Sun, 05-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
Doesn't Sasuke ever wonder why Orochimaru is after him? doesn't he think that he'll be forced to do somethings which aren't for his best intrest? Sasuke is going to join Oro, while he doesn't know jacksquat on him, heck, he doesn't even know that Orochimaru was behined that attack against the leaf (now that i'm thinking of it, Sasuke doesn't know alot of stuff, and he's still being a complete idiot) does he honestly believe that Orochimaru will just let him go start up a family after the whole buisness is done?
the thing is that sasuke doesn't care what orochimaru wants. sasuke has this mind set of just becoming stronger so he almost totally ignores any consequences that can follow his actions. sasuke just wants to become strong.

on top of that, Sasuke has an obligation to recreate the Uchiha clan, more than avenging, rebuilding the clan is the final goal, one of the reasons Sasuke was told to run and cling to life was so that he could make more Uchihas and reproduce his idiotic genes... what good will he get if he Kills Itachi and dies at the same time?
i don't think sasuke has an obligation to resurrect the uchiha clan. he did say that it was one of his goals, but i think he is concentrated more on killing itachi.

and just one last thing, what power is Sasuke seeking? the power of the curse seal? which did abasaloutly nothing against Itachi, and even the lvl2 seal is getting whacked off by idiots such as Kiba and Neji? the sound village is pretty incompatent, I think...
sasuke doesn't know neji and kiba whacked those two guys.

Basically, while Sasuke was soundly dream-angsting about his family (about a month lengh, from the Itachi incedent to the day tsunde returend), he lost a good portion of his mind, too bad he had to woke up now, and not in, lets say, five more months...
he lost a portion of his memory? i don't think tsukukyomi erases memory off people's minds.

Autophage
Mon, 05-17-2004, 05:09 PM
I think that this arc in the story will mark the death of Orochimaru and make way for more Itachi and Red Moon characters to emerge. This series has been going on for so long -- and with the way things have been slowly building up in this story arc -- it leads me to believe that it may be time to skin the snake and focus on Naruto as the fulcrum of the story again -- via Akatsuki.

viciousHyuuga
Tue, 05-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by: HimizujinEternia
I honestly think that there is no way Naruto can bring back Sasuke for the sake of the story. What I want to see is Naruto unable to fufill his way of the ninja. I believe that Sasuke has the potential to be the final villian in the series, so perhaps Naruto will finally fufill his promise after he kills Sasuke in their final fight (which should take place after Sasuke kills Itachi and Naruto becomes Hokage.) Naruto then brings Sasuke's body to Sakura, finally fufilling his promise.

that makes for a sick ending HAHA nice sakura has kid an stuff an naruto rocks up to her house an she falls over his dead body crying. an naruto has all teary eyes

Wren
Wed, 05-19-2004, 08:49 AM
well that little promise naruto made is all the more reason for him to fail----they do that crap all the time in things i guess, but if it were up to me at this point (to save a whole lot of other damn pointless one on one battles) the only way back for sasuke would be a pine box :-P

PSJ
Wed, 05-19-2004, 02:55 PM
sasuke should not come back that would make the show boring.

Stoopider
Thu, 05-20-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by: viciousHyuuga

Originally posted by: HimizujinEternia
Bla bla bla
that makes for a sick ending HAHA nice sakura has kid an stuff an naruto rocks up to her house an she falls over his dead body crying. an naruto has all teary eyes

Serves Naruto right for making stupid promises. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

McDougal, you are probably right that Oro would be the best teacher for Sasuke. But we are all still think that Sasuke is an idiot for going after Oro. Blinded after a stupid goal. But to put ourselves in his shoe's, it would be most definitely very hard to leave and forget, but it is possible.

Like Kakashi says to Sasuke before he ran off, to not be so stupidly blinded by it and that by taking revenge, would bring nothing.

Anyway,come to think of it, better teacher than Oro?? Jiraiya of course... Who's student became the 4th Hokage? I don't see Anko being the 4th. Heheh. Just because they have indifferent personalities, doesn't mean they can't aspire to be great. And Anko, hmmm, never seen her fight anyone else except Orochimaru, I wonder how would she fare vs Kakashi.

Mut
Thu, 05-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
And Anko, hmmm, never seen her fight anyone else except Orochimaru, I wonder how would she fare vs Kakashi.

she would've gotten her ass kicked.

Mcdougal
Thu, 05-20-2004, 01:57 PM
McDougal, you are probably right that Oro would be the best teacher for Sasuke. But we are all still think that Sasuke is an idiot for going after Oro. Blinded after a stupid goal. But to put ourselves in his shoe's, it would be most definitely very hard to leave and forget, but it is possible.

Like Kakashi says to Sasuke before he ran off, to not be so stupidly blinded by it and that by taking revenge, would bring nothing.

Anyway,come to think of it, better teacher than Oro?? Jiraiya of course... Who's student became the 4th Hokage? I don't see Anko being the 4th. Heheh. Just because they have indifferent personalities, doesn't mean they can't aspire to be great. And Anko, hmmm, never seen her fight anyone else except Orochimaru, I wonder how would she fare vs Kakashi

Yeah, despite me being a Sasuke fan from day one, i was too slightly annoyed at his decision to leave the leaf and his friends. I would have prefered it if he would have just trained with Kakashi, but i could still, at least partially, understand his motives. After having seen episode 84 however, i find Sasukes response a lot more understandable. Sure, i aldready knew about the Uchiha massacre, but the anime really amplified the feelings one felt while reading the manga. Suddenly, his thirst for revenge just doesn't seem as stupid as one previously thought. The anime makes that feeling more understandable, at least imho.
I really can't blame sasuke one bit for acting the way he did, having to relive those grissly moments for 72 hours. Hell, i'd be surprised if he would have rejected Oro's offer. Orochimaru more or less offered Sasuke the means to get Itachi's head on a platter, and the only price...his soul. I know that i would have considered it a fair trade if i where in his shoes.