PDA

View Full Version : message for Anbupawn from Inane

kamuishiro
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:50 PM
yo,
i'm really impressive by your work.
can u tell me what program do u use for coloring the Naruto scans ??
and what kind of colors do u use too ??

if anyone know, please answer !!

i hope u will answer me.
thanks for all !!!

AnimeEd
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:33 AM
i'm guessing Adobe Photoshop and skillz

sangai
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:47 AM
there was a thread about this. they do have a site somewhere.

thre thread is somwhere here in the naruto manga section.

once again anbupawn you did a great job on the cover of 200

XwingRob
Mon, 04-26-2004, 01:08 AM
Well on their color pages they always have credit to two things:
1) kishimoto the one who draws Naruto and
2) paintpixel, they must be referring to the program behind the coloring scheme here.

Shin_Naruto
Mon, 04-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Paintpixel (http://www.paintpixel.com/) is a handle... not a program - she does some really nice anime style art

im pretty sure she uses Painter.... its a really nice program for artists with wacom tablets which isnt as 'photo' obsessed as photoshop. It is more setup for adding and pushing color which is more what a painter is about.

Assertn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 03:19 AM
huh? there are a LOT of people who make entire images from scratch using photoshop.....dont let the name decieve you

and if painter has more wacom tablet support than photoshop does, then i'll be impressed i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

sangai
Mon, 04-26-2004, 11:29 AM
painter is a really great program my photoshop teacher prefers it over photoshop.

XpLo
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Anbupawn use photoshop, a wacom tablet, and indeed a lot's of skill and experience ^_^
paintpixel is her website : http://www.paintpixel.com

AnbuPawn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:11 PM
I like to use both Photoshop and Painter for my own personal artwork, but normally for inane's pages I'll use Photoshop pretty exclusively....I do admit though I'll use Painter occasionally to help with the backgrounds.

Assertn Failure: Actually, I might say Painter has better support than Photoshop has for it's tablet support, but Photoshop's layout and navigation is so much cleaner and friendlier to use for things other than just "painting" simulation techniques, I just keep going back to Photoshop. ^_^

Assertn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:41 PM
what can painter do that photoshop cant?

photoshop can do things using the pressure, tilt, and stylus wheel...like altering size, shape, angle, opacity, foreground > background, scatter and a few other things....
what else is left to alter? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

lasaire
Mon, 04-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Painter is a program that is meant to simulate the 'feel' of a wide variety of natural media while still allowing things like layers and undo.

Photoshop is more of an all-around image editing program, and can do much, much more than just simulate painting.

Really, once you are familiar with both programs they really become just a tool, and the experienced person can use either program to do whatever they want to do.

AnbuPawn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 11:10 PM
lasaire pretty much summed it up. Painter is great for simulating real media...and its blending capabilities and tools (i.e., just add water) are second to none, which makes it great for when you want less control over your colors.
...I'm actually planning on making coloring tutorial after finals are over (this friday), so hopefully I can cover any questions anyone might have...that is if I can get access to my ftp again (I haven't been able to update my site for weeks T_T; )

Shin_Naruto
Mon, 04-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
huh? there are a LOT of people who make entire images from scratch using photoshop.....dont let the name decieve you

and if painter has more wacom tablet support than photoshop does, then i'll be impressed i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I am very aware that you can i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
I'm just saying if you -HAD- to describe each of them for a comparisson photoshop is more for manipulation / painter is more of a canvas
(Iasaire put it best)

Painter had all the support photoshop has now... just earlier (im not knocking photoshop... just a history lesson)

lets see... ill explain the best i can
in painter... you can select a foreground color for your brush and when you press your tablet pen down, the pressure dictates how much of the color gets laid down (which photoshop does) but the preassure -also- dictates a slight smudge depending on the pressure
so if you press lightly, your brush is more of a smudging tool. if you press hard, it adds color. in the same pen press you can highlight something and blend it into the base color
being able to highlight (or shadow) and blend at the same time reduces the time you spend switching between the two tools. The easier something is to do, the more time you spend making something look good
get what i mean?

When I see AnbuPawn's work it has has some great blending between colors. Which is why I thought she uses primarily painter.

shes dead on... learning painter after photoshop is tough because photoshop has a cleaner presentation and an easier to grasp system
painter has a -much- more stubborn UI because the makers made it for 1 purpose

MemnochTheCaT
Mon, 04-26-2004, 11:25 PM
My brother has done a lot of graphic artist work, and he swears by the combination of CorelDraw and Photoshop i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Anyone else tried CorelDraw?

Assertn
Tue, 04-27-2004, 02:19 AM
ive heard of coreldraw, but never tried it.......whats that like?

AnbuPawn
Tue, 04-27-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a vector based program like Adobe Illustrator, although I could be wrong >.o

JusDaMan
Tue, 04-27-2004, 02:37 PM
wats wif all these fancy programs!

windows come with its own paint program called paint =P its easy and fast and it comes with it! lol

Hey i use it =D

sangai
Wed, 04-28-2004, 01:19 PM
thats like comparinga a type writer to a brand new computer. paint is good for maybe pixel art and that is it.

photoshop can do almost about anything.

hmmm what was with the down time.

chitgoks
Wed, 04-28-2004, 07:59 PM
i came upon a site where they colored all manga pages. i forgot though, anyone remember?

AnbuPawn
Wed, 04-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Here's the link...there's some really great stuff in there too ^_^

http://www.rcsiforums.com/naruto/gallery/