PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Gundam

Munsu
Sun, 04-25-2004, 04:46 AM
I just finished watching Gundam SEED and to my surprise it has become one of my favorites.... a surprise because I'm not a mecha fan... so as a result I have a couple of questions:

1. Are all the Gundam series as good as SEED? Is SEED the best of them? Are they as intense as SEED?

2. Are all the Gundam series related in some way? Not necessarily plotwise, but artist, character, production company, writer wise... any of those... If you could be especific about what series you are talking about I would appreciate it...

Thanks for any help provided

hybridchild
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Some are better than SEED some are worse, some are more intense some arnt some are linked some arent. They all have the same basic premise of guys in mobile suits fighting a war, thankfully not all gundam pilots are a whiny and Kira. The best ones to check out would be the original movie trilogy, the animation is very dated but the story and action make up for it, aswell as 08th MS Team, Zeta Gundam and Gundam X

Hybridchild

JusDaMan
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:50 PM
I always found 0086, G gundam and, wing the best...

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 04-25-2004, 01:39 PM
to me. i personaly found gundam wing the best, and second would have to be gundam seed, then it would have to be gundam 08thms team these are the best series ive seen,but some gundam series are simalar but none of them are related, the onyl thign that is related is prolly the colines and stuff, but after watching some of the other gundam series i i havet o say that the one i disliked most was g gundam, i just didnt like it at all

XwingRob
Sun, 04-25-2004, 03:03 PM
I thought Gundam SEED was the best, with Wing being second. I mean sure the main pilot in SEED was a crybaby but everyone else was cool.

Munsu
Sun, 04-25-2004, 03:11 PM
What I really liked about it was the story and plot of SEED... not so much the main character, although I didnt mind them...

I really liked how the story wasnt shy about killing people, even favorites of the series....

So any of them similar in that respect, like there is no shyness in killing people and main characters?

Lego
Sun, 04-25-2004, 03:35 PM
Gundam wing i loved, big time.

sure it wasn't the best story, animation.

It was really due to two-mix and the mobile suit designs.

But now that i looked at it, if you want a short gundam series either:

Gundam 0083 : Stardust Memories
Gundam 08th MS team

if you want longer series

Victory gundam

NM
Sun, 04-25-2004, 08:58 PM
The only gundam series I liked was Gundam: The 8th MS team. I only like the animation and the mobile suit designs. But thats about it. I really like the 8th MS Team more because it had much better story (even though most of the stories in the gundam saga are somewhat the same).

Kite666
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:02 PM
some what the same their all the same, evil breaks crap up, Gundam comes stomps out evil, end of story, Anyway the original Gundam is the one and only Gundam series in my heart.

hybridchild
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

So any of them similar in that respect, like there is no shyness in killing people and main characters?

Zeta! they kill off a load of them in that, although if your gonna watch that you should watch the movie trilogy or tv seres first because Zeta is the direct sequal of the orginal

This link might help you Gundam For Dummies (http://www.mahq.net/animation/gundam/gfd.htm)

Hybridchild