PDA

View Full Version : Help WATCHING Torrent...

Kyoske
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Okay, I'm still having problems with routing the BT through my Router (If you can help, I've explained it on my other thread.) I want to know what program you watch your Torrent on. I've tried RealOne Player, Windows Media Player, and Quicktime, but none of them can run that type of file. Please help.

SaSuKeRuLeS
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:54 PM
ok first thing first, you dont* watch a torrent file. a torrent file is just the a file with information (like the port numbers and location of the file) on where to download a certain file or directory of files. when the torrents are done it goes to a different file format usually if your downloading anime its .avi. maybe you cant play the files because you didnt finish downloading them or because you dont have the right codecs, you installed bittorent right? because without it youll download a torrent file which is just information. and if you need help with your router it would help if you told me what brand name router it is and its model number.

Kyoske
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I got the BT patch from Animesuki.com. I right click the file I want, Save Target As, open it, and initiate the download. After I do that, it makes a different file format which, yes, uses .avi. I don't think any of my media players can play .avi.

I don't think I even have a router. My downloads take about a LONG time. The closest I can come to doing something with my Firewall is turning it off completely.

Taylor
Sun, 04-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Kyoske try playing the .avi with vlc media player VideoLAN.org (http://www.videolan.org/)

Kyoske
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:45 PM
What is that and how does it work? What do most of you watch your downloads on? My WMP, Quicktime, and RealPlayer can not play .avi format.