PDA

View Full Version : anime emotional attachment

originalkrn
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Well, i just saw ep 80 and i have to say, it was one of the best episodes. But i just wanted to say how much the anime can touch my emotions compared to the manga. When i read in the manga taht the 3rd died, I didnt realy feel much but saw it only as the plot progressing. In the anime, however, I felt sadness and it was just a whole different experience. I wish i had never read the manga i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. I envy you people...

Vagabond
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Its because of the music.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 04-24-2004, 03:00 PM
lol, that is so tru

NM
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Yep, I agree to that.

mode7
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:31 PM
music, colors, animation, sound...

Kumiriko
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:46 PM
You get hooked to anime just like you do to live action movies or serise. just a diffent Medum. more flexable then others. it isnt weard at all to get hooked in likt that at all

Rek
Sat, 04-24-2004, 09:36 PM
actually, movies never really connect to me. Prolly because there's not 3 hours developing characters as there is in anime...

Any one about the same? Or am I just a freak?

Ganesh
Sat, 04-24-2004, 09:43 PM
well everyone has different likes/dislikes i agree that the anime does telll the story better because of voices,sound,music etc. and that you can actually see what each person is doing in the fight scenes. sometimes in manga i can barely decipher what the artist is trying to show with the drawing in front of me. but, i really enjoy reading manga because it is the actual creator's work that you are seeing and is in the medium that the artist most wanted to portray his story to people. also manga sometimes has cool coloured bonus pictures that is added in most chapters. thought i agree, you feel more attached to what is going on in the anime than manga.

Kagari
Sat, 04-24-2004, 09:51 PM
What most people call "filler" are usually the strongest parts...when the anime combines flashbacks of lessons learned, the incredible music, and the stunning composition (Like juxtaposing the gaara/naruto monster sequences...so well done) it definately attaches one to the show...I cried a couple times over the 80 episodes so far, no doubt.

Ganesh
Sat, 04-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Hehehe, yah i have cried in the anime before cuz that music jsut makes it sound soooo awesome. i am so sure that guy Toshiro Masuda who creates all teh music is a genius!

Assertn
Sat, 04-24-2004, 10:52 PM
i thought the scene where lee visits the main matches and thinks about how naruto and sasuke have done what he could only dream of was stronger in the manga than the anime though

DarkBahamut
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Well just for the sake of not starting another thread can someone tell me what the song during ep 80 Gaara/Naruto Childhood scene and where i can find it Thanks in advance.

Xollence
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:49 AM
It's harder to feel emotional about an single image then an animated one I guess. Never read the manga so I wouldn't be able to compare, but I'm sure the music and the expressions of the characters had a lot to do with it.

originalkrn
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by: DarkBahamut
Well just for the sake of not starting another thread can someone tell me what the song during ep 80 Gaara/Naruto Childhood scene and where i can find it Thanks in advance.

are you talking about "sadness and sorrow". cuz i think thats what plays throughout nearly the entire episode. its a great song.. on the OST 1

Krbadass
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:56 AM
Eh, im not one to cry over any show.. I mean.. its a show. But i can see how the anime would have a bigger impact then the manga.

kaigan
Sun, 04-25-2004, 03:21 AM
definitely it was a sad episode.

i agreed that the anime touches more than the manga.

Stoopider
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by: kaigan
definitely it was a sad episode.

i agreed that the anime touches more than the manga.

Thats the beauty of why I/we collect the anime although I/we have the manga.

chaos4ever
Sun, 04-25-2004, 03:23 PM
ah, the track from the Zabuza/Haku arc made it for me (I forget the track name, but I strongly associate it with Haku).
it was certainly a tear-jerker episode.

i'll miss the Third ;_;

Bahamut_Xero
Mon, 04-26-2004, 03:10 AM
i cried when haku died. that kid really didnt deserve to get treated like he did. i feel sorry for hinata, but more so for lee. lee deserves to be happy.

but yeah the soundtrack is really good for naruto.

movies dont do anythign for me most of it is just blabbering on not adding to the plot, characters or situation. then one big scene. big poo, best part is ALWAYS the popcorn.

nalula
Mon, 04-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by: Bahamut_Xero
i cried when haku died. that kid really didnt deserve to get treated like he did.

Thank you. ^____^

I was beginning to feel a freak, cause not only do I not know anyone who watches anime, let say cry over one. O.o Yeah I cried when Haku died. In fact, when i tought naruto was so mad he actually would do it, I prevented from seeing the next episode for three whole days. i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif I figured that if i didnt see anymore, then he'd keep alive. ^____^ but heh... who can keep away from naruto more than 2 days right?

basey44
Mon, 04-26-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by: Bahamut_Xero
movies dont do anythign for me most of it is just blabbering on not adding to the plot, characters or situation. then one big scene. big poo, best part is ALWAYS the popcorn.

what about kill bill. a good old fashioned murderous rampage, its even got a little anime in it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif too bad it doesnt compare to naruto

originalkrn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 06:02 PM
well movies have a lot less time than an anime series does to develop the plot and character development, but some movies get it done very well. For example: My Sassy Girl is a korean movie about 2 hours long and it is very very good. The entire movie has them in nearly every scene, but it never gets boring. By the end of the first half, you have a good connection with the characters and you want to know what happens. Well the 2nd half is just as good and it ends in a awesome way. If you havent seen it, i advise you to watch it. Go. Yeah, right now. GO!

simplyxme
Mon, 04-26-2004, 06:25 PM
ooh yes my sassy grl is a great movie! ooh yea dont mean to get off topic but i couldnt help sharing : http://homepages.nyu.edu/~jal392/misc/sassyparody.wmv

anyway, yeaaa i cried when haku died... and when my cousin told me lee was blind(haha i believed him), and i cried when i found out about neiji i think.. and i cried this whole episode. yea.. i cried a lot through the whole series. really touching. after watching the characters develop u really get a connection with them and its hard to see hokage leave =[ *sniffles*

Cal_kashi
Tue, 04-27-2004, 02:59 AM
this veers off topic from the current discussion, but is a good story that kinda falls under the topic of emotional attatchment to Anime.

My passion is cycling and I am an avid racer, this puts me in a unique category (called dumbasses by most) that enjoy suffering and go out of my way to push my physical limits and hurt to the point that something gives. ie I've had the misfortune of breaking a rib and my back while pushing myself to hard on a steep climb (things break under too much stress). Anyways, during races, where the pain is always the worst, i've found myself in an interesting position where my body wants to give up, and feels completely out of energy, but i know that its important to my team that i stay in the race and finish well. What i do in these situations is rely on my training by forcing myself to think of times where i've been in more pain and suffered through worse circumstances. These reminders come to me *EXACTLY* like the flashbacks we see and love in Naruto during a battle. You know the ones, where _insert_character_here_ is about to lose than mentally flashes back to some event or incident that rejuvinates him completely and he/she ends up kicking some serious ass. Seroiously, during these flashbacks while racing, for a moment (or many) it seems like im back doing whatever climb or ride or even race that im remebering and then i'm suddenly shot back into real time rejuvinated. It's an awesome sensation.

So that would be my emmotional attatchment to anime, i've had the pleasure of experiencing flashbacks just like we see. Does neone else have ne similiar experiences?