PDA

View Full Version : Kabuto's curse seal

MisterBigs
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:43 AM
Here is a simple question. Why doesnt Kabuto have the curse seal? If Kabuto is Oros right hand man (actually he is both his right and left hand man, but that another story i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) you would think that Oro would want him to be as strong as possible

Jman
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:48 AM
my guess is that kabuto doesn't really need it since he is highly skilled already and being as oro has the sound 4 as his underlings to carry out tasks for him, it probably isn't necessary for kabuto to have the seal as well.

and btw your sig is over limit. the max size allowed is 400*80

hornetmike
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Dude, misterbigs, i like your sig.

But anyways, he probably doesn't have one cause he's strong enough to not have to rely on that stuff. plus i'm pretty sure there is a price to pay for having one. didn't kakashi say that it will stop your growth. Besides none of the adults seem to like it. like Anko and stuff. So there's gotta be something pretty bad about it.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Finally! A long due thread just for Yakushi Kabuto-kun!
Iocatta! Or however you spell it.
I agree with Animemaster.
Kabuto-kun doesn't need no seal. He is tall, smart and handsome on his very own.

MisterBigs
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:35 PM
I agree that Kabuto is very strong; I think he would kick Kakashis ass in one second, but still wouldnt Oro want to make all his subordinates as strong as possible. I get the impression that Kabuto has been a spy for Oro since he was very young so why not ...

As I write this a realize that having a spy with the curse seal would send red flags up every where and would not make for a good spy.

Thanks hornetmike I am very happy with the way it came out. Here is my sig in its original size

http://www.columbia.edu/~sd579/MisterBigs_Sig1.jpg

Reason
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Actually, I was going to point out one of the reasons he doesn't have one is because it would link him to Orochimaru, but you have done that already...
I doubt Kabuto needs to deal with the Curse seals...it shows that Orochimaru isn't using him like the rest of the people with curse seals. Those with Curse seals become servents of Orochimaru in exchange for the "power"...

- Reason -

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by: Reason
Actually, I was going to point out one of the reasons he doesn't have one is because it would link him to Orochimaru, but you have done that already...
I doubt Kabuto needs to deal with the Curse seals...it shows that Orochimaru isn't using him like the rest of the people with curse seals. Those with Curse seals become servents of Orochimaru in exchange for the "power"...

- Reason -

The truth of the matter is, it's Orochimaru who doesn't want Kabuto closed linked to him.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Kabuto I think is still hiding more than we know i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif And it's not a seal i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kumiriko
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Isnt there a chance that the Seal will kill you? Even if you are Strong? Kabuto is too valued a person i am guessing. odds are Oro went thought alot of Sound Ninjas before he got hte susseful 4 sound

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 04-24-2004, 03:05 PM
i dont think that kabuto needs a seal, bc hes a strong enough ninja aleady

MisterBigs
Sat, 04-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Just because he's strong doesn't mean that he could not get stronger. Kabuto is already at the Senin level and if Sasuke was able to survive the seal Kabuto should be able to as well.

I also think that Kabuto is holding something back from Oro. I hope that it is revealed soon.

Jman
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by: MisterBigs
Just because he's strong doesn't mean that he could not get stronger. Kabuto is already at the Senin level and if Sasuke was able to survive the seal Kabuto should be able to as well.

I also think that Kabuto is holding something back from Oro. I hope that it is revealed soon.

that's odd. I could've sworn it was mentioned that he's probably on Kakashi's level...jounin and even so he'd still lose to Kakashi.

MisterBigs
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster

that's odd. I could've sworn it was mentioned that he's probably on Kakashi's level...jounin and even so he'd still lose to Kakashi.

Well during the senin fight he was able to stand his ground against Ero-Senin and he was able to withstand naruto's attack I think that this puts him at a senin level. Also, when Kabuto was going to kill Sasuke in the hospital after the prelim Kakashi said Kabuto was stronger then him. In a full out fight be between Kabuto and Kakashi I would put all my muney on Kabuto. The only reason that Kabuto did not kill Kakashi in the hospital or any of the Jounen after the invation was because of his ties to Oro.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:42 PM
I think the reason he hasn't killed anyone (and healed Hinata!) .. is that he isn't straight up evil, he's definitely got secrets yet untold. He's one of the more interesting characters i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
I think the reason he hasn't killed anyone (and healed Hinata!) .. is that he isn't straight up evil, he's definitely got secrets yet untold. He's one of the more interesting characters i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

He is a bastard. 'nuff said. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Why did he heal Hinata??? Good question. Maybe there were a lot of people looking and if she died while he was with her it would be suspicious. He told them he was nobody suspicious (standard anime line, btw) so he couldn't blow his cover at that moment. It wasn't the right time to start the plan. Naruto was fighting Neji and the plan would start after Gaara had done Sasky.
He's *not* good. He *looks* like a good boy, and that's what makes him insuferable. And he is fresh and disrespectful to Kakashi. I hope when the time comes, Kakashi be the one to beat him into a shapeless pulp.
And he didn't kill Naruto or Tsunade cause he simply couldn't!
Stay tuned for my new Kabutosig next week !!!!

BoXs
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:01 PM
I think he does have one n he is hiding it ... maybe with the seal ... he can defeat kakashi

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by: MisterBigs

Originally posted by: animemaster

Well during the senin fight he was able to stand his ground against Ero-Senin and he was able to withstand naruto's attack I think that this puts him at a senin level. Also, when Kabuto was going to kill Sasuke in the hospital after the prelim Kakashi said Kabuto was stronger then him. In a full out fight be between Kabuto and Kakashi I would put all my muney on Kabuto. The only reason that Kabuto did not kill Kakashi in the hospital or any of the Jounen after the invation was because of his ties to Oro.

If you had read the manga entirely, you would have noticed that Jiraiya was drugged by Tsunade. End result was that Jiraiya could not mold chakra (very well) . Also, Naruto is not able to perform the Rasengan to its full effect. Add in the fact that Kabuto performed a technique that starts regenerating the cells before he was hit with the Rasengan. If you also read all those chapters again, it uses a lot of chakra to heal people, and is usually a waste to heal yourself.

Kabuto did not kill Kakashi in the hospital because he was not in any position to (he only had a single dagger and his own skills), and if they did start fighting, it would call a lot more ANBU, meaning security around Sasuke would increase dramatically.

If both of them were fighting, i would bet my money on Kakashi. why? because the chidori slices through things instead of exploding upon contact.

jing
Sat, 04-24-2004, 06:36 PM
maybe kabuto does have one.
and maybe when kakashi is owning him, he will reveal his cursed seal and freak the hell out of kakashi.

khaodessy
Sat, 04-24-2004, 08:05 PM
i dont think he has any seal. my bet would be on a bloodline limit. because he said his old blood was starting to awaken doing the end of the 2nd exam. i think naruto and kabuto will have another match since it appears kabuto is as interested in naruto as oro is in sasuke but in kabuto's case he want fight naruto when it is a bit stronger.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 08:24 PM
Kabuto comes from an old and long blood-line. His ancestors are, among others, the famous Dr. Jekill and his pal Mr. Hide and Suikotsu, one of the Shichinintai.
What do we learn from that?
Well, actually we all should already know that doctors are absolutely not to be trusted.
It has nothing to do with Orochimaru, even though we had the chance to see him with medical instruments, or with cursed seals.
Being like Kabuto just comes with the territory of the medical profession.

Sat, 04-24-2004, 10:25 PM
I doubt Oro gives his seal to anyone but a select few.

Kabuto is strong, but I don't think he's capable of growing in strength rapidly like Sasuke or Naruto.

The potential is what Oro was looking for. It's basically just a Darth Vader thing. Oro shows Sasuke just a little bit of the power, and gives him an incentive to seek out more.
The seal will multiply his already rapid growth rate, and if he can survive it, he is fit to become Oro's new body.
Kabuto, who's strength is probably more based on experience, probably can't handle that ultra fast increase in strength.

Everon
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Well you never know...Kabuto might have been bitten in the ass for all we know. It would raise questions though, why Kabuto didn't use the curse seal against Tsunade instead of eatting a soldier pill.

So to make a long story short. It seems there are too many holes for Kabuto to have a curse seal.

Edit:
Why Oro never bit him is another story, Here are some of my speculations
A. He's a spy. Having a viewable tattoo isn't the best way to blend in.
B. He's either too ________(weak/strong/smart) to use a curse seal.
C. Oro doesn't want him as a host. All those sound nins with curse seals were selected as possible hosts and backup bodies.
D. Kabuto's vast knowledge and abilities are more valuable to Oro rather than using his as a replacement to his body. Consider Kabuto as Oro's right hand man/ or even as far as his partner in crime.

Kumiriko
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:29 AM
How about this for an intresting twist. he is parto f the group Asukia(or how ever ya spell it) and has a Demon inside him. Wount shock me

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by: Everon
Well you never know...Kabuto might have been bitten in the ass for all we know. It would raise questions though, why Kabuto didn't use the curse seal against Tsunade instead of eatting a soldier pill.

So to make a long story short. It seems there are too many holes for Kabuto to have a curse seal.

Edit:
Why Oro never bit him is another story, Here are some of my speculations
A. He's a spy. Having a viewable tattoo isn't the best way to blend in.
B. He's either too ________(weak/strong/smart) to use a curse seal.
C. Oro doesn't want him as a host. All those sound nins with curse seals were selected as possible hosts and backup bodies.
D. Kabuto's vast knowledge and abilities are more valuable to Oro rather than using his as a replacement to his body. Consider Kabuto as Oro's right hand man/ or even as far as his partner in crime.

For me, there's only one reason. Oro doesn't trust him. For example. Anko has a seal and whenever Oro is around, without disguise, she can feel his presence.
Even if they're not in good terms now, there's a connection between the two. So if Kabuto gets the seal, he will be able to feel when Oro is around, and that may not be in his best interest.
Those four that are getting beaten by the genins and the Sand seem idiotic enogh not to be a menace to Oro in the first place. Kimi is totally loyal to him.
Kabuto is a menace to everybody, it's impossible, even for Oro, to tell what's he up to. I don't think Oro considers Kabuto as a *partner in crime* or vice-versa. It think at the moment, it's convinient for both to work together, but one would dump the other the moment this partnership ceases to be convenient.
I believe Oro knows that and doesn't want to be at risk to have a guy like Kabuto too close to him.

Mae
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:05 PM
I subscribe the the theory the Kabuto doesn't need a curse seal. Remember during the second exam when he was loosing to the replicating nins and his eyes started turning red? I bet he was about to unleash something very unpleasant and very powerful. I hope we get to see it at some point in the future.

I also still nurse hopes that he'll come around and leave the dark side. It's those glasses...damn, but those are kick-ass glasses, and he wears them so well.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
I subscribe the the theory the Kabuto doesn't need a curse seal. Remember during the second exam when he was loosing to the replicating nins and his eyes started turning red? I bet he was about to unleash something very unpleasant and very powerful. I hope we get to see it at some point in the future.

I also still nurse hopes that he'll come around and leave the dark side. It's those glasses...damn, but those are kick-ass glasses, and he wears them so well.

There Mae, just for you
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/quexbot/insuferable2.jpg

I said that this thread was long overdue. I knew that some hardcore Kabuto fans would come out of the closet.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

hiten mitsurugi
Mon, 04-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Kabuto doesn't have a curse seal for two reasons:

1. Kabuto is strong enough, that he doesn't need it.

2. Oro doesn't completely trust Kabuto. With the seal, Kabuto may surpass Oro.