PDA

View Full Version : sakura's family

mode7
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:08 AM
in ep 79 we saw the fathers of the kids fightin...

what about sakura's? do they suck as much as she does? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Tass
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:10 AM
lol...good question

shes not really know for any specific ability like all the others...so, i donno...

Raven
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:18 AM
The only proof we have of Sakura's parents were in ep 2 or 3, where we heard her mother's voice. For all we know, her mother or parents (if she has a dad) are just civilians.

That would explain why she sucks so much, if she's a new ninja in a non-ninja family then she's never had anyone to look up to or inherit moves from.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by: mode7

what about sakura's? do they suck as much as she does? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

You are opening a can of worms... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
It's not exactly that they suck...
We only hear Sakura's mom voice, bitching at her to move her lazy butt out of bed and come help with housework.
Of course, she's locked in her room pinning for Sasuke-chan, and is *busy* as she told her mother. I didn't make that up, that's what she said.
Anyhow, my theory is that her parents are so ashamed of her, they don't dare show their faces on screen. So, the best we will ever get is the voice of her mom yelling at her.

Xollence
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:41 AM
We also didn't see Rock Lee's parents and that girl's that's in his group.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by: Xollence

Poor Tenten... her name is Tenten, btw... I guess she is just there help Neji with her training.
At least, she can throw a few kunai and such, so let's say that compared to Sakura, Tenten is at hokage level.
My theory is that the parents of both are Chinese, so they live abroad. That one was easy to answer.
Tenten dress Chinese and Rocky Lee is obviously related to Bruce Lee,

Stoopider
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:16 AM
Sakura's parents. Most probably civilians. Probably like Ino's mom. (takes care of flower shop).
Helping out with the economics of the village. Rather than its protection.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:26 AM
Sounds right to me .. Sakura has *never* mentioned anything that would hint to her being from a family of ninjas. Seems like she joined up just to chase Sasuke around i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
Sounds right to me .. Sakura has *never* mentioned anything that would hint to her being from a family of ninjas. Seems like she joined up just to chase Sasuke around i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

That is a good theory, that of yours.
Not only that, but she expected Sasuke to save her all the times she got herself into trouble.
Little did she knew that Naruto would be the poor sap who'd be spending his chakra and annoying Gama-Bunta just on account of her. And, yeah, like she ever acknowledged it.
Damn. Naruto is so dense... che... 'taku. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

sangai
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:38 AM
the truth is all of sakura family is very ugly and fat. they could not be ninja's

i dunno i too wonder why there is no refrence or flashback of her family.

maybe kishimoto has something planned for her and he past.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei
the truth is all of sakura family is very ugly and fat. they could not be ninja's

i dunno i too wonder why there is no refrence or flashback of her family.

maybe kishimoto has something planned for her and he past.

Huh, somehow, I kinda don't really want to know about it...

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:56 AM
im guessin that her parents are just regular civilians that have no fighting skills at all and she is teh oly that doesnt suk as much as her family does, but then i could be wrong bc we havent really seen her family do shit yet

Kumiriko
Sat, 04-24-2004, 03:35 AM
The main reason i want to argue there is something more behind sakura is because she is in a team of Three, and she Sucks compared to Konohamaru. There are suppose to be similaries to her team and another team but She really isnt liveing up to hear team mates. maybe when she stops focusing on susaka she will buckle down and become a real ninja but till then SHe is a waist of time. i agree that her fokes are most likely normal fokes. but it be nice to see something. even the dynamics of every day life

Kakafosha
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:10 AM
some things are better off unanswered...i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by: Kakafosha
some things are better off unanswered...i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hey Kakafosha .. agree on Sakura's family, they're probably irrelevant/uninteresting.

Off Topic .. nice sig .. but it's pretty large .. is it legal size? (500x150?)
I believe the maximum size is 400x80 or so .. check it out

kage_bunshin
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:59 AM
Hey you should shrink your sig Kakafosha. before the mods get angry i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
its pretty cool though i must say

Kakafosha
Sat, 04-24-2004, 06:08 AM
i havent been on gotwoot forums in a long time, and i've noticed the forums have changed and so has some of the rules, ^^;. i'll change my sig a.s.a.p. thanks for the heads up memmnochthecat & kage_bunshin i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

MemnochTheCaT, my reply earlier was suppose to include a quote about some one above talking about how some parents were never introduced in the anime, the quote didnt work and it didnt work in this reply either! i guess im not used to this forum yet ^^;. and about sakura's family being sucky or something, errr...becoming a ninja isnt neccessarily just a tradition in families is it? i mean, cant anyone decide to become a ninja if they want as long as they go through the proper steps, going to the academy first??? i mean, maybe sakura's parents arent ninja's, like stoopider said:

Originally posted by: Stoopider
Sakura's parents. Most probably civilians. Probably like Ino's mom. (takes care of flower shop).

but they decided that it would be better for sakura to become a ninja, so really, her parents dont suck, cuz da ninjas are coorazy!! =$ they're probably not that important and wouldnt change the anime in anyway, so therefore they arent shown in the show.

sorry if i dont sound right, im tired, its late, i've been working my my website for a long time and just decided to check on gotwoot for awhile, since im back into naruto again cuz im not currently busy with school, etc.

and i just wanted to add some off topic stuff:

400x80???!!!! <<< ewww
how do i change my avatar, that guy is ugly.

Aniki
Sat, 04-24-2004, 06:41 AM
Sakura is a super bomb later on.later on...........

Jman
Sat, 04-24-2004, 08:03 AM

Her parents probably do suck and don't need to be in the show. Sakura's bloodline ability is bitching and annoyance no jutsu. In regards to her and her family I'll quote Homer on this one "...I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!"

MisterBigs
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:01 AM
I agree with most of you. I think that Sakura's parents are normal people and she might be the first ninja in the family. Since we still don't know was Tsunade's abilities are we can't say taht Sakura is not living up to her counter part form the other team.

Sakura knows a lot about how jutsus work but she does not add any of here self to her jutsus so they are just normal executions of them. I think that something will happen in the future that will change this. At that point she will be very strong, but for right now she sucks.

Gods_Son
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:06 AM
For the most part, they only showed families with special abilities/jutsus passed down from each generation. Sakuras parents probably just suck as ninja, and they didn't want to waste time showing them.

Jman
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by: MisterBigs
I agree with most of you. I think that Sakura's parents are normal people and she might be the first ninja in the family. Since we still don't know was Tsunade's abilities are we can't say taht Sakura is not living up to her counter part form the other team.

Sakura knows a lot about how jutsus work but she does not add any of here self to her jutsus so they are just normal executions of them. I think that something will happen in the future that will change this. At that point she will be very strong, but for right now she sucks.

^MisterBigs, the max size of sigs allowed is 400x80. you might wanna scale your's down a bit.

EDIT: Looks like he finally realized it and fixed it.

Raven
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by: animemaster
MisterBigs, the max size of sigs allowed is 400x80. you might wanna scale your's down a bit.
I PMed him about it a couple of days ago, but he is yet to respond. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

originalkrn
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:52 PM
hahaha sakura has no special technique. she does pretty much suck... and so does her family. hahaha

SDShamshel
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Characters are not defined merely by their fighting abilities (or lack thereof).

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: SDShamshel
Characters are not defined merely by their fighting abilities (or lack thereof).

Now, are there any redemptive qualites in Sakura?
I mean, doesn't need to be compassion or anything big like that, but is she at least mildly nice to anyone other than Saska-kun?

Hey, hey....First chapter *ever* that she doesn't open her mouth to say Sasuke-kun!!!!!
Now, that's what I call progress. She said something truly relevant to the story and to the development of the narrative: The rain has stopped.
Wow, that's a sign of growth in a character...

SDShamshel
Sat, 04-24-2004, 03:25 PM
I'll just put it this way.

Sometimes a normal character can be appealing because they're so normal.

mode7
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:46 PM
sry i messed up delete this msg i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:47 PM
What about Gai? What does he have to do with this thread? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

mode7
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:58 PM

what about gai? they show him kick ass!!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by: SDShamshel
I'll just put it this way.

Sometimes a normal character can be appealing because they're so normal.

Well, *if* she were normal, I could even agree with you...

ZeaLitY
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:23 PM
I'll agree that Rock Lee is a descendant of Bruce Lee.

Bloodhybrid
Sat, 04-24-2004, 06:06 PM
well ya got to remember that sakura is supposed to be one of the best ninja's for illusionary techniques
so, shes all brain no brawn lol

and remember it does kinda hint she has 2 minds or somthin

damn people get locked up for that normally

LostAngel
Sat, 04-24-2004, 07:04 PM
LOL I think there is going to be more about Sakura. I can't remember them ever mentioning her father. You know her mom because she talked to her through her room. But I dont ever remember her dad being around. They are always talking about how she is able to control her chakra better than most people including Sasuke and Naruto. But maybe she never had anyone there to teacher he cool jutsu because her parents are just civilians. She only knows what the school taught her.

And the whole her having two minds is just cool so I hope they do something more with that. I wonder if they will ever mention more about her dad. From what I notice its mainly just the dads that are the ninjas.

Kumiriko
Sat, 04-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Sept for kiba's fokes. that was cool. i wonder if he gets a new pet at a paticuler age or they do some sort of transformation for akamaru

Rek
Sat, 04-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by: LostAngel
And the whole her having two minds is just cool so I hope they do something more with that. I wonder if they will ever mention more about her dad. From what I notice its mainly just the dads that are the ninjas.

That musta kept you up all night, being as the going rate of male to female ninjas = 2:1...

And Kumi... if you think for an instant that Kiba is just gonna chuck Akamaru for a new doggie for his 16th birthday you should be stabbed in the face. Is it possible that the dog ages? Or can you just not grasp that?

LostAngel
Sun, 04-25-2004, 01:33 AM
LOL kept me up all night? Nah only half the night =D! My point was her dad never seems to be around. He could be always on missions and stuff and be a powerful ninja for all we know.

Kumiriko
Mon, 04-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek

That musta kept you up all night, being as the going rate of male to female ninjas = 2:1...

And Kumi... if you think for an instant that Kiba is just gonna chuck Akamaru for a new doggie for his 16th birthday you should be stabbed in the face. Is it possible that the dog ages? Or can you just not grasp that?

His dog becomeing a wolf is vary Dubtful. besides dogs live to be around 20 most right? he is already 12. and a year old dog is full Grown

Feannag
Mon, 04-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
Helping out with the economics of the village. Rather than its protection.

That was my theory, and would explain why she's so weak. Her parents are normal people, not descended from ninja of Konoha like the others are. Most likely likewise with TenTen and Lee's parents. They are ordinary people without the talents to be ninja.

As for the parents you did see, I would suspect their abilities already reveal potential future bloodline limit techniques.

After all, the parents are using more potent versions of their childrens' techniques and isn't that what starts the process that ultimately becomes a bloodline limit?

Xollence
Mon, 04-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Hehe, doesn't Naruto sort of remind you of Harry Potter? I mean you got Sasuke who comes from a well known clan/family, like Harry Potter, both of them lose their parents to the main bad guy. Naruto is like Weasly, the goofy of the three who always messes up easy spells(ninjitsu) and Sakura is like Hermili, coming from a muggle family (non magic, non ninja), plus both Sakura and Hermili know many magic/ninja spells.

Kumiriko
Mon, 04-26-2004, 04:33 PM
Dont let the Creator of naruto hear that. the manga he was planing before naruto was vary similer to harry potter. he put it on the back burner and planed to release it one day but with the release of harry potter he dint want to be thought of as a copyer or did i dream that up somewhere?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Since we're talking about Sakura's family, we can also talk about her blood-line.
If we look at Kankuro, for example, one can attribute his cranky personality to the fact that he's ugly, and we only have the Kazekage to blame for that.
I mean, other characters, such a Neji and Gaara also have childhood traumas. We all know that having a big forehead has traumatized Saruka for life. In the very same painful way that it affected the above mentioned characters. So, my question is, is her forehead big enough to justify the trauma she brings from childhood, and explain her behavior?
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/quexbot/Konodekopatsu2.jpg
You be the judge.

originalkrn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 08:14 PM
Hehe, doesn't Naruto sort of remind you of Harry Potter? I mean you got Sasuke who comes from a well known clan/family, like Harry Potter, both of them lose their parents to the main bad guy. Naruto is like Weasly, the goofy of the three who always messes up easy spells(ninjitsu) and Sakura is like Hermili, coming from a muggle family (non magic, non ninja), plus both Sakura and Hermili know many magic/ninja spells.

by Hermili you mean Hermione right? lol

Rek
Mon, 04-26-2004, 08:17 PM
ROTF... that is great

And yeah, now that you mention it, Naruto and Harry Potter do share many similarites... Hokage = Dumbledore and they both just died... and Gaara could equal that peskaky malfoy fellow... it all makes sence now

Originally posted by: Kumiriko

Originally posted by: Konoha Rek

And Kumi... if you think for an instant that Kiba is just gonna chuck Akamaru for a new doggie for his 16th bi
rthday you should be stabbed in the face. Is it possible that the dog ages? Or can you just not grasp that?

His dog becomeing a wolf is vary Dubtful. besides dogs live to be around 20 most right? he is already 12. and a year old dog is full Grown

Most Dogs CAN'T TALK EITHER!!!!

Assertn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 08:20 PM

what about gai? they show him kick ass!!

no no, gai isnt lee's dad
remember the flashbacks when lee was in the academy and gai was watching? it was pretty clear that they didnt really know of each other very well before lee graduated