PDA

View Full Version : Jiraiya vs Itachi

yondaime21
Fri, 04-23-2004, 10:40 PM
In manga # 144, Kisame said that Jiraiya would be"a challenge for the leafs # 1 and one of the mists seven strongest". Obviously the 2 people Kisame's talking about are Itachi and himself. So my question is wouldn't Jiraya kick Itachi's butt if he were alone if he were a match for 2 pretty strong guys? This would make Jiraiya the strongest in the manga right? other than the 4th that is.

Hotsuma
Fri, 04-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by: yondaime21
In manga # 144, Kisame said that Jiraiya would be"a challenge for the leafs # 1 and one of the mists seven strongest". Obviously the 2 people Kisame's talking about are Itachi and himself. So my question is wouldn't Jiraya kick Itachi's butt if he were alone if he were a match for 2 pretty strong guys? This would make Jiraiya the strongest in the manga right? other than the 4th that is.

Inner Sakura is stronger than both Itachi and Jiraiya.

And, Konohamaru is strongEST.

Jman
Fri, 04-23-2004, 10:54 PM
interesting. though we haven't seen the full extent of itachi and kisame's abilities, nor jiraiya's for that matter i don't know if he could beat itachi 1 to 1. Putting a 2vs1 fight aside, i'm thinking that jiraiya would lose to itachi based on the theory of younger=stronger but then again older=wiser and therefore having the upperhand but it all depends on how you look at it, the individuals involved, situation....and other factors that would make it all too troublesome to think about.

Other than that, i thought of the fact that Jiraiya and Oro trained under the same leader and that those 2 are probably on par with each other. And if Itachi>Oro, therefore Itachi would > Jiraiya. Just a thought though. I dunno what to make of this, I'll be waiting to see what others reply but for now I don't think Jiraiya would be quick enough to handle Itachi's sharingan

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:13 AM
From the performances we've actually SEEN so far, I'd have to go with Jiraiya>Itachi. I don't think we will ever have a real match between them though, Sasuke will be the one to take down Itachi according to all of the signals from the story .. and that's a loooong way off probably, unless Curse2 does something REAL wicked to Sasuke, like activate full mange Sharingan (perfect poetic justice for Itachi's end lol!).

Not enough info at this time to say ANYthing even close to certain either way.
All that is known for sure, is that both of them are REAL DAMN STRONG i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hotsuma
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
From the performances we've actually SEEN so far, I'd have to go with Jiraiya>Itachi. I don't think we will ever have a real match between them though, Sasuke will be the one to take down Itachi according to all of the signals from the story .. and that's a loooong way off probably, unless Curse2 does something REAL wicked to Sasuke, like activate full mange Sharingan (perfect poetic justice for Itachi's end lol!).

All that is known for sure, is that both of them are REAL DAMN STRONG i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

You are a fool, Memnoch. Mr T rolls in on his van, and crushes Jiraiya's summon beneath it's tire, then he kicks both of their asses, saying "I pity the foo!" over their bodies.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:50 AM
LOL!

Reminds me of the funniest thing I've ever seen on late nite TV. Mr. T was on the Conan O'Brien show, and they were out at an apple orchard (NO idea why!) .. and Conan was trying to pick some apples by climbing his tree, and Mr. T just yelled at his tree "Hey you apples!! Get down here!! Don't make me come up there!!" ... and all the apples just started falling by themselves i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Bizarre, but funny i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hotsuma
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:58 AM
LOL!

Reminds me of the funniest thing I've ever seen on late nite TV. Mr. T was on the Conan O'Brien show, and they were out at an apple orchard (NO idea why!) .. and Conan was trying to pick some apples by climbing his tree, and Mr. T just yelled at his tree "Hey you apples!! Get down here!! Don't make me come up there!!" ... and all the apples just started falling by themselves i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Bizarre, but funny i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

There you have it. Mr. T is the man.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:12 AM

Taking him down to where? Tha kids craves so much his brother's attention, that I some times wonder if he really wants to kill Itachi.
Anyhow... the story between those two is sick, sick, sick, anyway you look at it...

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:04 AM
when they were figting in that chapter i remember jiraiya saying that he as poisoned by tsunade or something like that, and he was able to use his chakra properly, if there wasnt nothing wrong with him at the time, i personly think that jiraiya can take itachi, plus he can always summon gamma bunta and sit on his ass, assumming that itachi cant summon something that can take gamma bunta

LaZie
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:36 AM
Itachi would use mange Sharingan on Gamabunta and have him be stabbed by giant katanas for 142 hrs..........thats just evil =)

Raven
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:45 AM
I'm locking this, go post in the Itachi thread.